(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

i was lucky for #1 and #2 i book 4 bedded but was upgrade to 2 bedded.

Hope now for #3 oso will. but hard i guess. sg50 many giving birth

Mummies ;( I have to exit this chat.... My test kit was faulty ;(

The next day evening my period came ;(

I will try again ;)

Enjoy your pregnancy!!!!

Just went for scan and saw my babies heartbeats, edd mid Aug but expected to be earlier for twins :) I delivered at Mt E previously and from my experience, comparing with friends and fellow MTBs, which hospital actually not much differ in pricing. Its how your gynae charged. Mine was single bedded, natural with no epi $3300 whereas my friend in TMC oso single bedded, natural with epi around $4000, differ only a few hundreds.

Is it possible for morning sickness with no vomiting? Been feeling chest tight, throat like got something struck there but no vomit...

mrs_tann,

I using ess oil too. on myself and my #1, for sleep diffuse lavender or peace & calming, *note that some eo are not suitable for pregnancy so check b4 using. Me at 5weeks scan, gynae using tummy scan, just tel me to drink til bladder full ..

I suddenly started spotting ystd so instead of going for my scheduled scan tmr I went today from work cos the spotting got heavier n my gynae's recep advised to get it checked ASAP. :( was really worried!! Decided to tell my boss too cos of the sudden mc.

Anyway thank God all's fine! :) dr said bleeding is quite common and he did a v scan for me.. omgosh I saw the sac n a little pea in it which is my bb!! It was blinking on the screen n that's the heart beating.. So so cool n amazing to see that...! :) Was given a jab n hormone pills so hopefully the bleeding stops by tmr. Still don't really know wad causes it.

Any mtbs experienced spotting in first tri? It's ok to carry on usual daily activities right if no pain etc?

I suddenly started spotting ystd so instead of going for my scheduled scan tmr I went today from work cos the spotting got heavier n my gynae's recep advised to get it checked ASAP. :( was really worried!! Decided to tell my boss too cos of the sudden mc.

Anyway thank God all's fine! :) dr said bleeding is quite common and he did a v scan for me.. omgosh I saw the sac n a little pea in it which is my bb!! It was blinking on the screen n that's the heart beating.. So so cool n amazing to see that...! :) Was given a jab n hormone pills so hopefully the bleeding stops by tmr. Still don't really know wad causes it.

Any mtbs experienced spotting in first tri? It's ok to carry on usual daily activities right if no pain etc?

When i went for my first vaginal scan, gynae says there a small blood patch next to my sac, i didn't feel anything and no spotting or discharge at all but he suggested me to start the hormone pills and advise me to rest more.... No heavy stuff or exercise. So i think better rest more and dun overexerted yourself. We may don't feel anything but we don't know whats happening inside.

Waiting for my next scan on Tuesday, hopefully this time can hear bb heartbeats.

I also spotting on N off. Tomorrow was also the schedule appt but I went in today cos bleeding too. My previous pregnancy was like heavy menses flow too but given jabs alternate day stable the pregnancy. Don't worry, avoid lifting heavy stuffs, don'tdon't drink cold water and any chance you got just lie on bed and rest.

When i went for my first vaginal scan, gynae says there a small blood patch next to my sac, i didn't feel anything and no spotting or discharge at all but he suggested me to start the hormone pills and advise me to rest more.... No heavy stuff or exercise. So i think better rest more and dun overexerted yourself. We may don't feel anything but we don't know whats happening inside.

Waiting for my next scan on Tuesday, hopefully this time can hear bb heartbeats.

I also had a blood clot next to my sac when i went for my first v scan. Went for checkup ytd, saw bb heartbeat and the blood clot has cleared more or less. So dun worry! All is well!:)

Chg my gynae from dr wong mun tat to dr john yam.

Felt more comfy with dr john yam as he is more forthcoming wif info..

Dr wong is like.. Hmmmm.. U ask one question, he reply with 1 word answer..

Hi ladies,

I've tested positive last week & my first appt is 26 Dec. I've finally decided on Doc John Yam of Gleneagles after recommendation & my number 1 is now 20 months. Very thrilled to see a + sign as we have been hoping for a Jubilee baby (yes, very cheapskate!).

Let's all jia you, fighting!

Anyone else experiencing insomia and pain now? Pain is abt a palm above my belly button. Pain makes me cringe unable to stand and sit. Almost like being induced feeling. I emailed my doc to ask. Is it normal?

Anyone else experiencing insomia and pain now? Pain is abt a palm above my belly button. Pain makes me cringe unable to stand and sit. Almost like being induced feeling. I emailed my doc to ask. Is it normal?

Hug hug. A palm above belly button is gastric le wor. I also experiencing gastric reflux, heart burn and gastric pain due to the extra gastric acid we having now. I take gaverscon to tame it.

im having some cramps.. -.- don't know if it's normal, don't remember having such cramps during my #1... -.- hope it goes off soon!
@mrs_tann yeah, we're having loads of gas n bloatedness now so maybe it's that?

Me too. I am having bad cramps followed by a gush of brown discharge.:(
I searched on it and it was known as leukorrhea.
Initially I rushed to kk women clinic each time I encountered this but the gynae assured me that this is very common as long as no bleeding and blood clots.
I have bad abdominal cramps and backache but each time I have this, the stomach get bigger. So I assumed that cramp is because of the expanding tummy??
To make matter worse, I have history of mc before and I am not sure whether is it because I have incompetent cervix. This time I choose A/P How Han Chuan fr kkh, I read that he performs cervix cerclage on his patients to hold the babies till full term. See what he says on me.
Currently, what we can all do is to think positively, get plenty of rest and if financial allows, stay at home and rest.
After all baby and health come first right, $$ we can still earn again.
Avoid cold drinks and that is what I am trying really hard :confused:

eh but I dont hv gastric issue. as its during this preggy time that we will have more gastric juice? quite pain. like a pulling sensation.

Last edited:
eh but I dont hv gastric issue. as its during this preggy time that we will have more gastric juice? quite pain. like a pulling sensation.

Yes. During pregnancy will tends to have more gastric juice. Tats why we experience heart burn and etc. Tat is also why pregnant women keep snacking so that we will feel better.

I'm getting a lot of heart burns, insomnia & backaches too... I can sleep like only 2hrs a day & can't sleep anymore. My energy level is zapping up as I'm a SAHM & my girl is super active

Hi ladies,

I've tested positive last week & my first appt is 26 Dec. I've finally decided on Doc John Yam of Gleneagles after recommendation & my number 1 is now 20 months. Very thrilled to see a + sign as we have been hoping for a Jubilee baby (yes, very cheapskate!).

Let's all jia you, fighting!

Congrats. I didnt know abt this jubilee baby thingy until the doc i went to tel me 'gd lor, govt give gift for bb next yr' ...

So i went home & did abit of googling abt tis baby jubilee gift pack thingy.. Hahaha..

It's a suitcase of 8 gifts given by govt & a special birth cert holder. Wondering if there'll be any mummies in this thread who will deliver on 9 Aug, it will be double celebration. Haha

Me too. I am having bad cramps followed by a gush of brown discharge.:(
I searched on it and it was known as leukorrhea.
Initially I rushed to kk women clinic each time I encountered this but the gynae assured me that this is very common as long as no bleeding and blood clots.
I have bad abdominal cramps and backache but each time I have this, the stomach get bigger. So I assumed that cramp is because of the expanding tummy??
To make matter worse, I have history of mc before and I am not sure whether is it because I have incompetent cervix. This time I choose A/P How Han Chuan fr kkh, I read that he performs cervix cerclage on his patients to hold the babies till full term. See what he says on me.
Currently, what we can all do is to think positively, get plenty of rest and if financial allows, stay at home and rest.
After all baby and health come first right, $$ we can still earn again.
Avoid cold drinks and that is what I am trying really hard :confused:

After posting this today, I really have a bad scare.
After doing household chores for the whole day, I wonder is it due to carry heavy stuff that I have some bleeding, it came out as a gush of discharge but it was blood and stained the whole pants.
I went to kk O&G, the gynae checked and there was quite a bit of blood but baby heartbeat was fine and cervix was closed. No explanation on why it bleed.
The gynae never gave jab, never give mc for bedrest, just advise me not to do strenuous tasks or walk around too much.
Seriously I am contemplating whether to quit my job by end of the month to rest well for the pregnancy, don't want history to repeat itself again.

im having cramps again on everywhere of my tummy. sometimes left right and centre or below - dull and managable pain but still make me awake from my sleep. anyone facing this? need to take any medicine a not? not sure if its from the stretching of our tummy but now our little one is just the size of a pea bah..

After doing household chores for the whole day, I wonder is it due to carry heavy stuff that I have some bleeding, it came out as a gush of discharge but it was blood and stained the whole pants.
I went to kk O&G, the gynae checked and there was quite a bit of blood but baby heartbeat was fine and cervix was closed. No explanation on why it bleed.
The gynae never gave jab, never give mc for bedrest, just advise me not to do strenuous tasks or walk around too much.
Seriously I am contemplating whether to quit my job by end of the month to rest well for the pregnancy, don't want history to repeat itself again.

wld private gynae be able to give mc more easily? can try to tell doc u need a rest and give mc?

im having cramps again on everywhere of my tummy. sometimes left right and centre or below - dull and managable pain but still make me awake from my sleep. anyone facing this? need to take any medicine a not? not sure if its from the stretching of our tummy but now our little one is just the size of a pea bah..
Me too. I have this type of dull pain on and off but the gynae never prescribe any medi.
Last time, they admitted me and keep me under observation. This time the SOP like changed, saying is too early to do anything.
I will be seeing Dr How on 03 Jan, see what he says.
Meanwhile keep the finger crossed.

U are not sleeping well, have you seen your gynae yet?

Me too. I have this type of dull pain on and off but the gynae never prescribe any medi.
Last time, they admitted me and keep me under observation. This time the SOP like changed, saying is too early to do anything.
I will be seeing Dr How on 03 Jan, see what he says.
Meanwhile keep the finger crossed.

U are not sleeping well, have you seen your gynae yet?
Hi I am with Dr Han How Chuan too. I stayed at home one day away from work due to spotting on my own accord. He suggested if I want to take mc I can go to normal gp to ask for it. Perhaps you can try that too with your family doctor?

Hi I am with Dr Han How Chuan too. I stayed at home one day away from work due to spotting on my own accord. He suggested if I want to take mc I can go to normal gp to ask for it. Perhaps you can try that too with your family doctor?
Glad to hear from you. I never seen him yet, is he a caring doc?
How is your spotting yet? Mine is discharge, still have.
Last time they used to issue 10 days mc for a proper rest. Maybe I will resign by end of this month to rest at home, I mc at 18 weeks during my last pregnancy, don't want to take chances again. :(

Glad to hear from you. I never seen him yet, is he a caring doc?
How is your spotting yet? Mine is discharge, still have.
Last time they used to issue 10 days mc for a proper rest. Maybe I will resign by end of this month to rest at home, I mc at 18 weeks during my last pregnancy, don't want to take chances again. :(
My spotting cleared after a day. I try to rest more and I stopped carrying my boy. Visits with Dr Han are very fast if everything is smooth. He can be quite humorous too at times. I saw him on 15th and he joked that we should ask PM Lee to waive hospital charges for having babies on national day. The frustrating thing about seeing him is the long wait especially when he gets called away for deliveries but otherwise alright.i heard he has good surgical skills. He responds to emails quite fast usually within a few hours so I find that helpful when I have questions. When I had spotting I emailed him and he squeezed an appt in for me two days later so that really helped. I had 2 mc before and this time round he prescribed aspirin for me to take. I totally understand how you feel and think. Thoughts of quitting my job entered my mind a few times. Our priorities are definitely our little miracles and whatever hardships we need to endure we will be able to take it for their sake. Take care and rest more. Leave the chores aside for the time being.

hello all!
my first post here. ..
having my no3 and my edd will be in early August!

with dr Lawrence ang for all my 3 pregnancies. delivered no1 at mtA and I loved it there. my no2 was at tmc cos mtA was undergoing renovation to the new carpark.. hmm didn't really have a pleasant stay at tmc.. the lactation consultants there arent v helpful.. n they limited their free consultation to like only 1x per stay.. any additional add on consultation at ward would be chargeable. ... my no2 was a sleepy bb throughout her stay at tmc thus i couldnt latch much. both no1&2 were on exclusively pumping and i would love to latch on real gd for no3! because no2 was a sleepy bb and did
not latch on for the first round the lactation consultant was there, she wanted to charge me for the second time when I've requested her to come. .. quite a boo for my stay at tmc but I love ther fish bones soup though. ...

Last edited:
Dear mummies,

Happy to find this group! I'm tested positive a week ago and I am about 5 weeks preggy! Seeing Dr Sim at tmc in 2 weeks time.
This is my 2nd baby, 1st one is a baby girl turning 1 this end of the month.

^^

My spotting cleared after a day. I try to rest more and I stopped carrying my boy. Visits with Dr Han are very fast if everything is smooth. He can be quite humorous too at times. I saw him on 15th and he joked that we should ask PM Lee to waive hospital charges for having babies on national day. The frustrating thing about seeing him is the long wait especially when he gets called away for deliveries but otherwise alright.i heard he has good surgical skills. He responds to emails quite fast usually within a few hours so I find that helpful when I have questions. When I had spotting I emailed him and he squeezed an appt in for me two days later so that really helped. I had 2 mc before and this time round he prescribed aspirin for me to take. I totally understand how you feel and think. Thoughts of quitting my job entered my mind a few times. Our priorities are definitely our little miracles and whatever hardships we need to endure we will be able to take it for their sake. Take care and rest more. Leave the chores aside for the time being.

Thanks dear, my appt is on 03jan, Sat morning. The consultant fee will be more ex on a weekend but at least I won't be taking leave.
I felt more energetic at work rather than staying at home and unable to do anything. However I felt so much better after resting for a whole day yesterday. Really such a dilemma. It's the festive season and I felt so moodless. Hope it will be over asap.
How many weeks are u right now?

Dear mummies,

Happy to find this group! I'm tested positive a week ago and I am about 5 weeks preggy! Seeing Dr Sim at tmc in 2 weeks time.
This is my 2nd baby, 1st one is a baby girl turning 1 this end of the month.

^^

My appointment with dr sim is 30 Dec. When is ur appointment?

Hi mummies! This is my second pregnancy and edd is 11 august 2015. My first is a boy currently 2yrs 4 mths! I'm about 6 weeks now...any mummy experiencing ms yet?

Hi mummies! This is my second pregnancy and edd is 11 august 2015. My first is a boy currently 2yrs 4 mths! I'm about 6 weeks now...any mummy experiencing ms yet?

This is also my 2nd, 1st is gal 3.5 now. My first pregnancy i didnt feel any ms at all throughout the whole 9mths only backpain when tummy getting bigger. This time was quite bad, no vomiting yet but nausea feeling whole day, stomach keep feeling v bloated like wanna vomit but nothing. Mouth tasteless and body aching feels like going to fall sick anytime. Im on hormone pills so feeling drowsy and tired too. Basically no mood to do anything.... Going for my 2nd scan tmrw morning, hopefully can see baby and heartbeat!

Last Thursday I had a fright... Think I carried my daughter and try rocking her to sleep... Came back, rest and sleep for awhile, the moment I stood up, blood gush out like period.. Clot also drop out... Thought I'm going to lose it, went to NUH A&E immediately, luckily baby and heartbeat is still there.... Now on bedrest though the young doctor doesn't advise me to stay on bed all day long... now is just back to spotting.... my hubby banned me from carrying my daughter liao....

Oh dear. Can u go request for mc from your gynae? Usually if bleeding, they will guve mc n order bed rest esp 1st trimester is v crucial.

Last time my gynae told me cramps happened coz the uterus is expanding. So long as no sharp pain, no bleeding is safe. But to be safe, guess u check wif your gynae i think u will feel more at ease. ;)

Last Thursday I had a fright... Think I carried my daughter and try rocking her to sleep... Came back, rest and sleep for awhile, the moment I stood up, blood gush out like period.. Clot also drop out... Thought I'm going to lose it, went to NUH A&E immediately, luckily baby and heartbeat is still there.... Now on bedrest though the young doctor doesn't advise me to stay on bed all day long... now is just back to spotting.... my hubby banned me from carrying my daughter liao....

I can imagine the scare seeing blood clot! Hope the preg journey goes smooth for us.

Finally went for my 1st scan. As i have no sympton, i was pretty worried. Get to see a small pea and heart beat today really put me at ease. But gynae can only confirm my edd 2 weeks later. Currently ard 6 / 7 weeks preg. Was telling my hubby after this number 2, i can finally close shop. ☺

Mummies, I'm having fever now. It's 38.1 degrees & I've not seen a gynae yet since I tested positive. I took panadols to suppress the fever & my first appt is 26 Dec. Do I need to see gynae ASAP due to my fever or can wait till fri? This week the clinic is closed on Xmas day & half day on eve. If I dun see tmr then I gotta tolerate till fri liao. How huh... Anyone has experienced fever in the first trimester before?

Back