Harmony Test

Hi hippo78,

I feel you but i hope u can stay strong and believe everything will turn out well for your test results :) for us, doctor called us personally to tell us that everything is okay but i only get to receive the report with the detailed analysis when i headed down for my check-up. Then Dr Irene Chua explained the risk percentages and all. Different gynae different practices. So dont fret if yours doesnt call you or something. Have faith!

The US side will email the clinic first after which your doctor will convey results to u.

i am still counting down....... By the way, do they email the scan report to the clinic first , then send the hard copy after that ?

@ hippo78 - I think should be v fast.. coz i took last thurs.. they said 2 weeks.. but today called me le.. my gynae told me over phone all ok.. is 99.9% accurate no problem and is a boy (gender is 90% accurate) and he will explain to me in detail the next appt) so mine is only like a week's time.. mayb u will know yours soon!!!

Wow @icyjol congrats on the good news, that was pretty fast. Actually the nurses told me it would normally takes around 10days. hopefully the results will be release next week.

Hi hippo78,

Do stay positive and hang in there. Keep us posted of your harmony test results. :) i received my results in about 10 days too. It's just a piece of paper with the risk indices and some analysis and profiling. Take care.

Hi daffy_daffy.

1k excludes gst. So with 7% gst is around $1070 (if my pregnancy brain hasnt fail me in calculations). She will explain to you and clear your doubts. :) are u seeing her as ur gynae? :)

Hi mommies to be!

My gynae has scheduled the harmony and NT scan for me on the coming Friday and I'll be turning 11k3d then.
Does anyone think it's too early to get the above mentioned done? I am contemplating on whether I should postpone the appointment to next week for more optimal results (mainly for the scan).

Thanks all!

Hi leeweena,

For harmony test, i had mine done exactly at 11 weeks and 3 days and it yields optimal results as its based on blood test which includes some of your fetal blood as well so its definitely fine :)

I regret not going for HARMONY test at wk 10, i should have took up that test and ignore OSCAR test.
Made me waste money for two tests.

Hi daffy_daffy.

1k excludes gst. So with 7% gst is around $1070 (if my pregnancy brain hasnt fail me in calculations). She will explain to you and clear your doubts. :) are u seeing her as ur gynae? :)

Yeah i consulted her last week but the rate is more expensive. Still considering if to stick with her...

How u find her?

Hi daffy_daffy,

We actually got kiasu and started researching on Dr Chua before we conceived (part of family planning). She has a pleasant and likable disposition, professional and was formerly head of kkh 24 hr clinic and has won quite a few accolades, strongly recommended by many doctor-mummies friends of mine hence we decided to stick to her. So far no complaints, shes assuring and nice. Bt ultimately depends on your budget and chemistry with the gynae too :)

Morning twirlycandy!

She was ok nv rush into explaination. Just worried about the delivery charges. How much more is she compared to other gynac?

Just received results of harmony test (turn around time is 10-14 days as they need to send the blood samples to the states). Decided to go straight to harmony test after hearing our gynae's analysis of the pros and cons of both harmony and oscar. Basically we wanted to have a peace of mind as harmony yields a 99.9% accuracy. Paid 1k at Irene Chua's clinic. Found out baby's sex through the sex chromosomes analysis as well.

what? its 1k now?
i pay almost 1.6 at her clinic in sept :(
doesnt matter so long all is well and good. congrats!!!
that 10 working days is the longest wait in my life...

she is indeed pretty pricey compare to other gynae but i felt at ease with her.
this is my 2nd baby... the first one was good. can you believe my stitching is almost painless from day 2 onwards. :)
2 years back i pay 2.4 or 2.6 for normal delivery with epi (cant really rem). not sure whats the current charges.. i think i will ask during my next appointment

Hello, I juz got my Oscar result and I was classified as high risk due to high NT measurement of 3.1mm, blood test was ok and nasal bone spotted.

My high NT measurement gave me the risk of 1:50, which put me 2% risk of ds according to my gynae. Chose harmony as I wanted something non-invasive.

Paid $1200 for it in TMC and the sister drew 2 tubes of blood sample to be sent to US. I was told the result will come back in 2.5w! But seeing some of u getting it within 10d, I hope mine can come back soon.

Can't imagine all the festive gatherings and I have to force a happy front.

Praying for the best & good results for all the mummies here.

Hello, I juz got my Oscar result and I was classified as high risk due to high NT measurement of 3.1mm, blood test was ok and nasal bone spotted.

My high NT measurement gave me the risk of 1:50, which put me 2% risk of ds according to my gynae. Chose harmony as I wanted something non-invasive.

Paid $1200 for it in TMC and the sister drew 2 tubes of blood sample to be sent to US. I was told the result will come back in 2.5w! But seeing some of u getting it within 10d, I hope mine can come back soon.

Can't imagine all the festive gatherings and I have to force a happy front.

Praying for the best & good results for all the mummies here.

Don't worry, I'm sure yours will be fine! Oscar is a probability based on alot of factors. Becoz there are alot of such scenarios before, that is why some of us here go straight to Harmony and skip oscar, if not end up need do both. From what u say, your blood test also ok, nasal bone spotted.. I tink should be fine.
Wah TMC charges more exp than Mount E! I did mine for $1k (before GST) at Mount E & got results one week later.

Hi. Does the gynac recommend to do harmony test if oscar test result is not so good?

Im still considsrring to do harmony or oscar test. I need to get back to my gynac ....

Don't worry, I'm sure yours will be fine! Oscar is a probability based on alot of factors. Becoz there are alot of such scenarios before, that is why some of us here go straight to Harmony and skip oscar, if not end up need do both. From what u say, your blood test also ok, nasal bone spotted.. I tink should be fine.
Wah TMC charges more exp than Mount E! I did mine for $1k (before GST) at Mount E & got results one week later.
I wasn't expecting a risk b4 I went for the Oscar. Sigh, Chinese saying- 人算不如天算. High NT oso means heart issue so I'm worried as well.. :_(

I read that mt E charges $850!? I dun wanna drag to compare pricing cos of upcoming festive season, dunno how long will it take for the result to come back. But I do hope to get a good result soon so that I can hv a good celebration with frds.

Thanks for the kind word, icyjoy.

Hi. Does the gynac recommend to do harmony test if oscar test result is not so good?

Im still considsrring to do harmony or oscar test. I need to get back to my gynac ....
Hi, mine recommended cvs, amnio and harmony when I went to speak to him regarding my result.

Harmony is more expensive than Oscar. How old are u? But I think I'm not a good advisor since I am 32yo but got a lousy result.

Speak to your gynae and decide from there.

For my next pregnancy I will opt for harmony test and skip OSCAR. OSCAR results gave me too much unnecessary anxiety, I am glad my HARMONY results turns out well and low risk. Relieved.

Hippo78,

I feel happy and relieved for u! All the best to u and baby. I experienced mild menstrual like cramping at my abdominal and have light brownish discharge today. Gg to see Dr Irene Chua tmr :( not sure if its a cause of concern.

@Twirlycandy thanks ! I can finally sleep well after knowing the results.
Did you overstrain yourself? Try to stay in bed and rest. Don't move around too much.
During my wk7 I experienced brown discharge after carrying my dear son for few hours.

Better go see your gynae to get a jab or pills to stop the discharge.

For my next pregnancy I will opt for harmony test and skip OSCAR. OSCAR results gave me too much unnecessary anxiety, I am glad my HARMONY results turns out well and low risk. Relieved.
my #1 Oscar was fine, hence I went ahead with Oscar for my #2. Now keeping fingers crossed tightly.

My oscar results for #1 (miscarriage) and #2 are perfectly fine. I am pretty surprised my OSCAR for #3 is so bad, so I guess my age contributed to the lousy results.

Last edited:
Hi daffy_daffy and hippo78,

Its a vaginal infection which causes light greenish/yellowish discharge and the spotting also due to this. Dr inserted a pill vaginally and says its quite common due to pregnancy hormonal changes.

Baby measuring at 10cm at week 15.5!

Jiayou fellow mummies. Who knows pregnancy can be this tough and emotionally draining. Hang in there.

TMC called me and my result is back within 8d instead of 2.5w! It's low risk. Phew..

Am really relieved and glad to know that. Thanks for all the encouragement!

I had my OSCAR scan at TMC last Saturday and the result came out low adjusted risk (Trisomy 21 ratio 1 : 2499; trisomy 18 ratio 1 : 6711 and trisomy 13 ratio <1 : 20000) I asked my gynae if I should go for Harmony to be doubly sure and he said it's not necessary. Nonetheless he quoted me $1,300 before GST.

A few of my friend tel me if i below 35 can just go for the oscar test.. Is gd enough??

Any mtb opt for the harmony test even in their late 20s or early 30s?

Unless i very gan chiong to know the gender then no choice do the harmony test lah..

LAdies,

Just did my harmony test tis morning...

Cost $1350.

Today is my 12th weeks..

Hopefully can get results by end of month..

my doc didnt recommend me for this test. she only say oscar n paranoma. paranoma $1.8k can i walkin kkh or other hosp to do the Harmony test?

Back