IVF/ICSI Support Group

I only used a few days of my HL here and there. like every week take half day here n there. like that shld be able to apply my half day leave as half day HL right?

Same here! I didn't tell my boss & colleagues about going for ivf cos we just got a new boss recently, and I don't trust him.... Plus it doesn't help that several colleagues have been popping babies like no one's business, so I doubt they'll understand the struggles that I've been having.

I had to go for polyp removal early this year too, but fortunately was only HL for 3 days so there were few questions. Now I'm on the full 18 day HL for ivf but I just said its a relatively minor female surgery which the doc advises more rest. Ppl generally dun dare ask too much when it's a female problem & my job involves a lot of walking sometimes so it makes sense to rest. It also helps that it's now Dec when a lot of ppl start taking their holidays for vacations & Christmas.

The only thing is I dunno what i'll do if this round doesn't work. I'll have no way of giving another excuse for a 2nd round! Plus I got no frozen ebbies so if there's a need for another round, it'll be another fresh cycle . Thinking of whether to quit my job if this happens. Did anyone here stop work cos of ivf?
hiaz...actually Dec is a good mth to do the cycle, with colleagues in happy moods and bosses clearing leaves...easier to apply lv or HL without feeling bad. but unfortunely, i missed due to some issues and the fastest i can do is jan. Not good....(with restructuring/ visitors coming/ yr end closing/ new finance system all come at once) --stress level up up.

Jts: I used to have bad quality eggs. Even from my 1st 2 cycles I get the same comment from the embryologist. N also I had a d&c. Did a chromosome test and it cfmed that there is an issue wif my egg quality. After that I took a lot of supplements n also continued my TCM. Finally all paid off and this cycle quality has increased. So sometimes patience pay off. To let the supplements and TCM work, you need at least 3 mths.
I find that the accu helps wif my quantity n the supplements help wif my quality..
Really thanks for your inspiring story . I likely be going thru a lapo to clear my hydro tubes n concerned that it affect ovarian reserves further but lest removing the issue ease my concern about my implantation issue as my beta is less than 1 which means implantation did not occur at all. Glad to see you conceive your boy under natural ivf and under doc loh too .I will follow what you did and hope better luck on my 3rd try :)

im in 2ww. I also used to hv retroverted uterus.

now having insomia. for past 3 days wake up 3am.

abt the 1 good egg to bfp, she delivered a baby based on just retrieval of 1 egg and fetilised it. yes good for quality. my last round also more (20) eggs but they din really made it.

have faith!
Tann if you re in your 2ww. I suggest to relax I believe insomnia is due to tension and anxiety ample rest and a chill mind is crucial for your implantation to take place .good luck :)

Saw some ladies asked about low egg counts and natural ivf.
I have low egg count and I am blessed with a boy, succeeded on my third try, natural ivf.
Pls read my story posted in Feb here:
http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/ivf-icsi-support-group.2902/page-3400.
Ladies, please dont rush to start the cycle. I tiao my body for 1 yr before my sucessful cycle.
Really appreciate your inspiring story .during natural ivf .how many eggs did you retrieve normally ?and fertilised ?do you mind to share how much you pay under doc loh? I'm under him too

@tsf0205 after abt a yr, my hubby condition improved more significantly. But he only went for accu once a mth.
I am most comfortable with Dr Zhao. Her accu is gd and she changed my med according to my body condition. Dr tan gave me same med every month. I dont like dr zou accu.
Hi do you mind to share doc Zhao details as thinking to see her since its often mentioned she's good

Regarding carrying files / walking slowly, for me, I juz wear flats & walk v slowly, sometimes holding my tummy. Then tell ppl tt my tummy feels funny, tink ate too much over Dec festive season.. Using the same reason, I can avoid all tte wine / sashimi etc. during Xmas lunches, & explain y I was in tte loo so long (doing inserts).. So can't carry files lah.. If reali need to, carry 1 arch file a day lo..

& when I happen to b seen holding my tummy, actuali I was talking to my babies.. :)

@mrs_tann , i have not contacted her for long time. Not intend to try for no.2. My hubby scare aa i will be 40 next yr. My son 15 months old. Feel bad as i cant give him sibling.

@Waiting4bb , for Dr Zhao, you can call Raffles TCM and book appointment with her. Her full name is Zhao Xu Hong. She is very motherly, caring, has good accupuncture skill. She does not need to use elec during the acc session. She acc your whole body, from head to toes. Unlike other tcm doc who acc on tummy and feet only.
Under Dr Loh, I spent abput 8k include med and all misc charges. I took 2 jabs when leading follicle hit 15mm, to prevent early ovulation and to stimulate.
To my surprise, 2 mature eggs were retrieved. Both fertilised to 2 grade 2 embryos.

I see dr zhao at raffled tcm too. For those who's chinese is not too good, she's conversant in English too. And i like it that there is almost no waiting time once you made your appmt. Not the cheapest TCM but worth it. Her acu is quite good. I had water retention for 2 yrs on my legs from my #1, saw a few other tcm and they didnt even mention or able to clear it. She noticed it immediate and helped me clear it within 2 sessions. I had a back pain and cant lift my arm more than 60degrees - she did acu for 1 session and all ok.

I didnt bfp the cycles I saw her but i definitely look, felt and slept better. And my body's poor circulation issue cleared.

I was worried about the regular upcoming medical check-up, consultations or tests even though I have not entered into IVF journey. Just to play safe in any case I may need to go to the hospital for check-ups or start taking medical leave, I told my boss immediately before I start my tests. And fortunately, my working environment is a small community with less than 25 people, and most of them are men, they don't poke their noses into my affair because I am the only HR personnel in the company.

@Waiting4bb , for Dr Zhao, you can call Raffles TCM and book appointment with her. Her full name is Zhao Xu Hong. She is very motherly, caring, has good accupuncture skill. She does not need to use elec during the acc session. She acc your whole body, from head to toes. Unlike other tcm doc who acc on tummy and feet only.
Under Dr Loh, I spent abput 8k include med and all misc charges. I took 2 jabs when leading follicle hit 15mm, to prevent early ovulation and to stimulate.
To my surprise, 2 mature eggs were retrieved. Both fertilised to 2 grade 2 embryos.
Thank you for your reply .standard ivf under him I already spent $16k. (5k medisave deduction )wow cost is half with natural ivf.

I see dr zhao at raffled tcm too. For those who's chinese is not too good, she's conversant in English too. And i like it that there is almost no waiting time once you made your appmt. Not the cheapest TCM but worth it. Her acu is quite good. I had water retention for 2 yrs on my legs from my #1, saw a few other tcm and they didnt even mention or able to clear it. She noticed it immediate and helped me clear it within 2 sessions. I had a back pain and cant lift my arm more than 60degrees - she did acu for 1 session and all ok.

I didnt bfp the cycles I saw her but i definitely look, felt and slept better. And my body's poor circulation issue cleared.
Does she prescribe tcm medicine ?brew type or can just eat type .how much per session

Hello ladies, I was having bad cramps and bleeding. Went to kk earlier for blood test. Hai hai.. Can't graduate. Will need to try again next year.
Good luck to all the ladies in your tww. Jiayou! Also really not advisable to travel during tww haha my symptons start coming during 2nd week and so helpless while overseas.
Already done my best for this cycle, for now I going to have my cup of latte and oysters =)

Hello ladies, I was having bad cramps and bleeding. Went to kk earlier for blood test. Hai hai.. Can't graduate. Will need to try again next year.
Good luck to all the ladies in your tww. Jiayou! Also really not advisable to travel during tww haha my symptons start coming during 2nd week and so helpless while overseas.
Already done my best for this cycle, for now I going to have my cup of latte and oysters =)
Hugs Labbitzz...

Today I had 2 of my embies transferred so 2ww has officially commenced! Back to tcm acu, I also see dr zhao of raffles. I find her ok la but yesterday I realised she didn't remove one of the needles at my lower abdomen! Didn't feel anything until I went washroom after my acu and noticed a needle being pressed on my body. luckily it was a v fine needle n didn't penetrate deep. I'd prob just happily got dressed without realizing it as well though my hubby was furious at her negligence. Just found her to be distracted sometimes. But didn't bother to complain Or feedback as just wanted to go hm to rest. Maybe she has many patients to tend to. Anyway, nurse & doc advised no herbal soup, tcm or acu during 2ww, so I think I won't return for my acu tomorrow as earlier scheduled. I planned to take red date longan tea during 2ww. Do u all think it's ok?

Take care labbitzz, *hugs*

Today I had 2 of my embies transferred so 2ww has officially commenced! Back to tcm acu, I also see dr zhao of raffles. I find her ok la but yesterday I realised she didn't remove one of the needles at my lower abdomen! Didn't feel anything until I went washroom after my acu and noticed a needle being pressed on my body. luckily it was a v fine needle n didn't penetrate deep. I'd prob just happily got dressed without realizing it as well though my hubby was furious at her negligence. Just found her to be distracted sometimes. But didn't bother to complain Or feedback as just wanted to go hm to rest. Maybe she has many patients to tend to. Anyway, nurse & doc advised no herbal soup, tcm or acu during 2ww, so I think I won't return for my acu tomorrow as earlier scheduled. I planned to take red date longan tea during 2ww. Do u all think it's ok?
I see some sisters going for acu prior and after ET a.so it's really up to individual .maybe for me .during 2ww. I won't do any thing to play safe . May I ask if waiting time for doc Zhao is long ?and her medicines. Has it been helpful to you ?good luck to you :)any way longan red date tea is good in my view

just wondering is wine allowed during ivf process (before ET)? also, for those who are in 2ww onward, how do u 'reject' job (eg carry files, delivery stuff etc) by your colleagues if u chosen to undergo the process without telling them? i understand that after ET, not allow to carry heavy things or walk up stairs etc? (kiasuly ask first as i intend not to share with anyone except boss)

I drank wine/ alcohol before ET coz I knew I would not have the chance if I BFP, and turned out fine.

If I were you, I'd say I got a bad backache. Normally men will help women carry things. You mean there are no men at all in your company? As for after ET, should still be ok to climb stairs bah. Otherwise for those of us who live and/or work in buildings with no elevators, then how?

I see some sisters going for acu prior and after ET a.so it's really up to individual .maybe for me .during 2ww. I won't do any thing to play safe . May I ask if waiting time for doc Zhao is long ?and her medicines. Has it been helpful to you ?good luck to you :)any way longan red date tea is good in my view

So far waiting time is ok even though her appointments can be packed. I go every 1-2 w for the acu. The only time I took her Chinese medication, my AF showed up 1 week ahead and I was actually on overseas trip which I had purposely planned to avoid AF. My AF is usually like clockwork, and the only variable that month was the Chinese med so I knew. Maybe I wasn't suited for the meds but I was worried it may "screw up" my cycle. Anyway the medication was satchel of some bittersweet tasting powder which I stirred into some water before consuming.

Last edited:
I rem for my 1st 2ww I did not do anything. For my current 2ww, I did acupuncture from the time I start injection abt 2 to 3x a week. After ER I do acpunture consecutively daily and on ET day I also do acupuncture right up to 4th day after ET then stop. Its to improve the lining. I went Dr Zou for acpuncture and if Dr Zou is closed like on Wed when I have a ET, I went Raffles TCM to do acupuncture for that day.

Just now I felt cramps during my co dept xmas dinner, pain shooting up my upper part of my tummy, feel dizzy giddy and numbess in my pain. My colleagues exclaimed ur lips and face is all white. Are u okay? Gave me feng you oil and a cup of water. Asked if menses is coming or are you pregnant which I dont even have the answer. After 20min I was okay and they said colour to my lips came back. Then I continued with my xmas buffet. I felt my tummy is like a ballon feel with water so heavy. dunno is it I over eat... din eat a lot actually. Suddenly felt v terrible just now. It just happened suddenly.

I rem for my 1st 2ww I did not do anything. For my current 2ww, I did acupuncture from the time I start injection abt 2 to 3x a week. After ER I do acpunture consecutively daily and on ET day I also do acupuncture right up to 4th day after ET then stop. Its to improve the lining. I went Dr Zou for acpuncture and if Dr Zou is closed like on Wed when I have a ET, I went Raffles TCM to do acupuncture for that day.

Just now I felt cramps during my co dept xmas dinner, pain shooting up my upper part of my tummy, feel dizzy giddy and numbess in my pain. My colleagues exclaimed ur lips and face is all white. Are u okay? Gave me feng you oil and a cup of water. Asked if menses is coming or are you pregnant which I dont even have the answer. After 20min I was okay and they said colour to my lips came back. Then I continued with my xmas buffet. I felt my tummy is like a ballon feel with water so heavy. dunno is it I over eat... din eat a lot actually. Suddenly felt v terrible just now. It just happened suddenly.
Hope you succeed then can use your case as a study whether acu during 2ww is advisable :)good luck and not feeling well seems like a sign :)

Saw an earlier post on someone trying to sell off a bottle of DHEA. just to share my Dr's advice for me. During my post-failed cycle consultation, I asked Dr if I sd take dhea to improve egg quality. She said no because I have enough eggs, scare that dhea will lead to too many eggs which will affect the success rate So it's not for everyone.

Wah! Very dangerous leh! How can she be so careless? I always count the number of needles my TCM doctor pricks on me. When he removes, I will count the number of needles he removes too. Be safe and play safe.

The cramps come and go. Happened again. Wa really quite pain. Make me break out in cold sweat cannot stand up straight.

Did u report to your clinic? how many days dpt are u now? pls get more rest at home and hope the unwell symptoms are indicating to a positive outcome:)

on a side note, i have been experiencing pain in lower ab since ER (Monday), a lingering pain unlike menstrual cramps which come and go. however, awhile ago this morn, i felt sharp menstrual like cramps for a few times, as if the uterus was contracting. is this normal? will it affect implantation? :( it felt like cramps i had when i took some med 1-2 yrs ago for D&C procedure to remove polyp. i rem doc told me back then the med/protocol was similar for abortion. i hope the cramping does not have any adverse effect on implantation. can someone enlighten? turned out that i went to p**p and now feel much better, but if i cramp like this everyday before i relieve myself, will it affect my embies implanting?:( it is not a dull lingering ab pain but sharp pain. sigh.

Saw an earlier post on someone trying to sell off a bottle of DHEA. just to share my Dr's advice for me. During my post-failed cycle consultation, I asked Dr if I sd take dhea to improve egg quality. She said no because I have enough eggs, scare that dhea will lead to too many eggs which will affect the success rate So it's not for everyone.
sometime i am also puzzle what is dhea for as was told that it dun help in egg quality (just to keep our body 'young'?) Dr loh also asked me to take even though he agreed that i have enough eggs (but quality no good), just because i am 41? anyway, i stop dhea but replace with coq10 and conceive well as i want to aviod taking too much medi (dr loh does not know abt it.... )

Did u report to your clinic? how many days dpt are u now? pls get more rest at home and hope the unwell symptoms are indicating to a positive outcome:)

on a side note, i have been experiencing pain in lower ab since ER (Monday), a lingering pain unlike menstrual cramps which come and go. however, awhile ago this morn, i felt sharp menstrual like cramps for a few times, as if the uterus was contracting. is this normal? will it affect implantation? :( it felt like cramps i had when i took some med 1-2 yrs ago for D&C procedure to remove polyp. i rem doc told me back then the med/protocol was similar for abortion. i hope the cramping does not have any adverse effect on implantation. can someone enlighten? turned out that i went to p**p and now feel much better, but if i cramp like this everyday before i relieve myself, will it affect my embies implanting?:( it is not a dull lingering ab pain but sharp pain. sigh.

I had similar experience after ER but BFP-ed in the same cycle. I don't think something that affects implantation will manifest itself in such obvious signs.

Seriously, very painful. I just finished HSG and left KKH. Before that I took 2 panadol extra pills also no use. Doesn't relieve my pain. The pain started when the doctor inserted the tube. She asked me to turn left and right. The pain is like I am having stomach upset like that. I must describe the pain. The feeling when tube goes into cervix is like you are having menses. When the doctor "blows" a balloon in the cervix, the pain is like you want to laosai. Then when she injects the liquid, it feels like you want to laosai but no strength to force the shit out.

KKH imaging room also very weird. They don't have a inner washroom in the imaging room. After HSG, the nurse wanted to show me where the washroom was so I could clean up the mess. I used the paper towels she gave me to prevent the liquid from flowing out. She told me to pull down my gown because there would be people outside the room. I realised the washroom was along the corridor. She still can walk slowly in front of me and pointed the toilet direction to ns. She asked me if I was ok. I told her calmly "the liquid flow out liao". She panicked and quickly pulled me to the toilet.

Yes! That is exactly how I felt. Painful like want to shit but not enough to want to make you want to scream.
After the pain subside, baby dance every day during ovulation time. You might get pregnant like me!

din report to my clinic. cramps happen a while n go away but quite scared when it happens. my first bfp no symptom for 1st trimester at all. I'll see how it goes. anyway I did a test on am expired hpt that meant to be thrown away. dunno zun a not. and go for my bt next fri.

Seriously, very painful. I just finished HSG and left KKH. Before that I took 2 panadol extra pills also no use. Doesn't relieve my pain. The pain started when the doctor inserted the tube. She asked me to turn left and right. The pain is like I am having stomach upset like that. I must describe the pain. The feeling when tube goes into cervix is like you are having menses. When the doctor "blows" a balloon in the cervix, the pain is like you want to laosai. Then when she injects the liquid, it feels like you want to laosai but no strength to force the shit out.

I was a bit traumatised by my hsg too. Felt like cervix might burst.

Didnt help at all when dr blurted "oops" and then said sorry during the procedure.

sometime i am also puzzle what is dhea for as was told that it dun help in egg quality (just to keep our body 'young'?) Dr loh also asked me to take even though he agreed that i have enough eggs (but quality no good), just because i am 41? anyway, i stop dhea but replace with coq10 and conceive well as i want to aviod taking too much medi (dr loh does not know abt it.... )

Does anyone know whether the 60mg of coq10 in conceive well gold is sufficient, or need to take extra?

Back