(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Morning mummies, am on leave today, such a good weather to sleep in. Dreamt that I got to feed baby... which means that I already gave birth. Woke up and realized that baby still in my tummy... then I faster talk to her and tell her don't come out so early, mummy not ready!!

Morning mummies, am on leave today, such a good weather to sleep in. Dreamt that I got to feed baby... which means that I already gave birth. Woke up and realized that baby still in my tummy... then I faster talk to her and tell her don't come out so early, mummy not ready!!
Hahha I also not ready.

cot will be here tomorrow:)
Can't wait to set up his room

I have such dream last month too!!
Super scary!! Cos my spare part from Amazon yet to arrive, matteress yet to buy and Bb is out
Was like OMG!!

Super scary!! Cos my spare part from Amazon yet to arrive, matteress yet to buy and Bb is out
Was like OMG!!

Ya!! Don't know isit bcos the group chat a lot mummies gave birth these few days and some giving birth soon... makes me very kan chiong also.

Have all your things arrive now? Should be already fixing and setting it up soon...

Exciting, your baby will have own room?

Time passes so fast right? From the time we got to know we are pregnant till now we are all at 30 plus weeks and gonna pop really soon.
Ya. Using the entertainment room as baby room.
Ya super fast! Gonna pop in less than a month

What are you guys' childcare arrangements after maternity leave? I'm still headaching over it..

My mum is going to help me look after, but not sure if I will bring baby home every night and bring back to my mum's in the morning... She quit her job since the job doesn't earn much, but she told me that she might need a helper... Hiring a helper is not cheap, that's my headache now.

You looking for infant care or anyone helping you to look after?

I trim shoulder length, just enough for me to tie my hair. I cannot take short hair cuts, got natural curl which will poof my hair and look like wearing a helmet if nvr rebond.
Same as me! I oso natural curl. Up till now, I dun dare to cut my hair cos once cut without rebonding, my hair will be so messy!
Still thinking when to cut. Or if can ren, then after confinement then cut. Haha!!

Today, so disappointed. My gynae last min had a emergency c sect at lunch time. Then mean my doc appt got to cancel cos I can only make it during lunch. Tot I can see my bb today....:( pushing my appt to nxt Mon instead.

What are you guys' childcare arrangements after maternity leave? I'm still headaching over it..

Me too. Company is reluctant to grant me no-pay leave (at most 1 - 2 months) after ML and even for part-time work they only want it to be temporary (at most 6 months). I have not approached my in-laws to even ask if they could take care of LO while I work part-time.

I don't think returning to full-time work is an option for me, I don't see the point of devoting so much time to full-time work and leave my child to the full-time care of another person… if that was the case, I would not want a child in the first place. So probably have to resign at some point in time, or transfer to another department that can support part-time work on a longer basis.

My mum is going to help me look after, but not sure if I will bring baby home every night and bring back to my mum's in the morning... She quit her job since the job doesn't earn much, but she told me that she might need a helper... Hiring a helper is not cheap, that's my headache now.

I'm thinking of taking NPL for 2nd half of yr to take care..my mum is not working but now she's taking care of my nephew..so dunno how it will he like also..

Me too. Company is reluctant to grant me no-pay leave (at most 1 - 2 months) after ML and even for part-time work they only want it to be temporary (at most 6 months). I have not approached my in-laws to even ask if they could take care of LO while I work part-time.

I don't think returning to full-time work is an option for me, I don't see the point of devoting so much time to full-time work and leave my child to the full-time care of another person… if that was the case, I would not want a child in the first place. So probably have to resign at some point in time, or transfer to another department that can support part-time work on a longer basis.
Yup..For me I really wanna spend the first few years with my kid till at least she's bigger. Working full time won't be an option for now. So now is either I go on NPL or quit. Need to think carefully..

Was saying tentatively give my mil to take take day time, night time being baby home den next day bring him over again.
But not sure can cope or not, coz imagine after one day of work, night time still need take care baby.. And I heard fren say first 3 years are the hardest to take care..
Still quite headache over this.
But was thinking after give birth first and see how it is like before deciding that . After all sometimes what u had planned might not really turn out the way I wanted to.
So jus relax and see how first Lo..
Maybe be more flexible is the key .

I'm gonna tender after I return from ML... It was planned from even before preggie as I needed to look for a new challenge in my career as I feel I am no longer learning much in this job. But end up with a bun in the oven so holding on for my ML benefits. Hopefully can find sth during ML ...

After ML, will be most likely my MIL look after, my hubby and SIL will be hiring a maid for my mum but the maid will predominantly look after my FIL while my MIL focus on the baby. We will want to bring the Bb back every night as we live v close to my in laws...

But again, plans are plans... Have to see how things go... In any case, backup is my mum who has given us the assurance that she will help take care of the Bb if my MIL cannot manage...

Should share the story of my friend who had 2 boys while working full-time. Her work is the pressure cooker type, but her hubby does not want her to be a SAHM and she's passionate about her work anyway. Her boys are in her PILs' care when she is at work, but she lives with the in-laws. Every day go home after work already very tired, still must do housework after dinner to please the MIL (otherwise MIL get angry), do until 10-something then she still must clear her office work, until 3-4am then go to bed, then go to work the next day. How to spend time with the children like this? She chiong until she got infection in the right eye and nearly became blind.

Should share the story of my friend who had 2 boys while working full-time. Her work is the pressure cooker type, but her hubby does not want her to be a SAHM and she's passionate about her work anyway. Her boys are in her PILs' care when she is at work, but she lives with the in-laws. Every day go home after work already very tired, still must do housework after dinner to please the MIL (otherwise MIL get angry), do until 10-something then she still must clear her office work, until 3-4am then go to bed, then go to work the next day. How to spend time with the children like this? She chiong until she got infection in the right eye and nearly became blind.
I know of many colleagues who are like that..chiong at work then go home chiong housework etc.. I don't think I want this kinda lifestyle. Will be very stressful and depressing. I guess when we decide to have kids, we have to make certain sacrifices which I'm sure will all be worth it in the end..

Wah like so le Lian.

How come the mil can't help with housework?
Mil hard to please la. So best is don't stay with them lol

Wah like so le Lian.

I think the MIL expects my friend to do the housework as a sort of reward for taking care of her children in the day time. In this respect, my ILs are very smart as they bought 2 units at adjacent condo developments next to each other - 5 minutes' walk away, one unit for themselves and one unit for us. They know we cannot tolerate living with each other under the same roof but we are near enough to each other to help each other etc.

I will bringing my girl home everyday as we live nearby to my parents.
Pray and hope that my girl will be able to sleep thru the night before I return to work hahaa.

I feel should bring home if I can so at least my parents get to rest at night, if not I can go stay over if my hub is not around. hehe

Wah like so le Lian.

my MIL purposely tell my BIL that his wife nvr wash his jeans and just wash her own clothes... roll eyes right.
Ended up my BIL's wife move back to her parents hse and stay, now waiting for their condo to TOP then she n my BIL will stay together.

Was saying tentatively give my mil to take take day time, night time being baby home den next day bring him over again.
But not sure can cope or not, coz imagine after one day of work, night time still need take care baby.. And I heard fren say first 3 years are the hardest to take care..
Still quite headache over this.
But was thinking after give birth first and see how it is like before deciding that . After all sometimes what u had planned might not really turn out the way I wanted to.
So jus relax and see how first Lo..
Maybe be more flexible is the key .

2 of my besties are doing these now.. One of them rotate between her parents and in-law to take care. haha then every night they bring back. the other one, MIL is old so my friend stay in toa payoh every morning travel to bukit batok to drop her son to her mum and at night bring back take care.

Yup..For me I really wanna spend the first few years with my kid till at least she's bigger. Working full time won't be an option for now. So now is either I go on NPL or quit. Need to think carefully..

I cannot don't work. I think we need both incomes to be abit more sufficient. have to sacrifice somehow.

Same as me! I oso natural curl. Up till now, I dun dare to cut my hair cos once cut without rebonding, my hair will be so messy!
Still thinking when to cut. Or if can ren, then after confinement then cut. Haha!!

Today, so disappointed. My gynae last min had a emergency c sect at lunch time. Then mean my doc appt got to cancel cos I can only make it during lunch. Tot I can see my bb today....:( pushing my appt to nxt Mon instead.

Ya, I will cut after confinement before I return to work. :p

Then when will u see bb again? My gynae don't scan every visit. haha I am used to seeing mine once in a while, mine is next wk so we can determine size of the bb. haha

Ya!! Don't know isit bcos the group chat a lot mummies gave birth these few days and some giving birth soon... makes me very kan chiong also.

Have all your things arrive now? Should be already fixing and setting it up soon...

Nope.. My edd in Feb
I still got time Jus over kan chiong
Today check up on week 32 , 1.55kgs
Gynae say Ok good
But I gain 5kgs during this 5 weeks hahha

For my #1 was look after by my ah ma. N I bring home every night.

When I had #2 I engaged a helper at my mum hse. N #1 was sent to half day childcare ... and after fetching my #1 i will go over to my mum hse and spend time with #2 ..So #2 was basically left there coz she is very fussy when I bring her back home she will cry non stop. And I can't handle both #1 n #2 alone.

Then when #2 was 18 mths the helper gave alot of problems n we sent her back.... n send my #2 to childcare.

Now #1 n #2 is in childcare. N past the 1st 3 yrs difficult period... but out come a #3 faint!!

My ah ma old liao... mouth say can look after. But see her so fragile liao... I have doubts lor... I also dun know how...

Employ helper not an option. My mum working. So I guess maybe have to bite the bullet n ownself look after n bring to work sometimes ? I work in my dad office so quite felixible n my hubby is in sales line so timing flexible also...

But ah ma object lah she say she can look after.....

Wait till give birth liao see how ba.... headache

Was like OMG!!
my spare parts also cant make it in time lolz ..so no choice use old parts 1st lolz

my co dun give half day de...
mine give half day lolz

think i must be stressed over the latching part...hahaha
i dun even remember how
I also dreamt that I was carrying a bb girl ytd. haha

My mum will be helping me to take care of my bb
u all think too much lolz

for me i will bring home everyday i will not let her stay at my mom place overnight cos it is my duty as mom to look after the infant not my mom and she already did me a big favour to look after her during day ..so dun want to be overboard :p

i tot natural curl the more must cut short ..i too got natural curl that is why i always cut short short :p

I'm gonna tender after I return from ML... It was planned from even before preggie as I needed to look for a new challenge in my career as I feel I am no longer learning much in this job. But end up with a bun in the oven so holding on for my ML benefits. Hopefully can find sth during ML ...

After ML, will be most likely my MIL look after, my hubby and SIL will be hiring a maid for my mum but the maid will predominantly look after my FIL while my MIL focus on the baby. We will want to bring the Bb back every night as we live v close to my in laws...

But again, plans are plans... Have to see how things go... In any case, backup is my mum who has given us the assurance that she will help take care of the Bb if my MIL cannot manage...
same as my family... we got a maid to handle my dad and the housework and free my mom for kids lolz .. anyway the other 2 kids already old .. one 8 years another 4 years so they are quite independent already

I will bringing my girl home everyday as we live nearby to my parents.
Pray and hope that my girl will be able to sleep thru the night before I return to work hahaa.

I feel should bring home if I can so at least my parents get to rest at night, if not I can go stay over if my hub is not around. hehe
u can train her starting 3rd month ..can be done ..but if you want to bf .. still have to wake up to pump even though bb is sleeping through

my experience as FTWM is it is very tiring during the 1st one year only ..thereafter it is ok already ..

same as my family... we got a maid to handle my dad and the housework and free my mom for kids lolz .. anyway the other 2 kids already old .. one 8 years another 4 years so they are quite independent already

u can train her starting 3rd month ..can be done ..but if you want to bf .. still have to wake up to pump even though bb is sleeping through

my experience as FTWM is it is very tiring during the 1st one year only ..thereafter it is ok already ..

I know, my sis bb slept thru the night around 2mths plus I think. but different bb different pattern. ya gotta wake up at night to pump. :p
I think my hub will help me with night feeds so hopefully will be ok. My MIL suggest we sleep different rooms to take care of bb so we can get enough sleep. good intention la hor, but I dun wanna do that.. y should I sleep separate room with my hub...

Heng I only work as admin/secretary, coy not very stress tt kind. can go home on time.

i tot natural curl the more must cut short ..i too got natural curl that is why i always cut short short :p

My natural curl is those at the roots kind, when it grows will have c shape! so cannot cut short short, will become pom pom. ended up I gotta keep long then heavy can weight down the curls if I don't rebond, or I perm lor, since already luan. hahahaha

I know, my sis bb slept thru the night around 2mths plus I think. but different bb different pattern. ya gotta wake up at night to pump. :p
I think my hub will help me with night feeds so hopefully will be ok. My MIL suggest we sleep different rooms to take care of bb so we can get enough sleep. good intention la hor, but I dun wanna do that.. y should I sleep separate room with my hub...
she wan her son to have good night sleep lah lolz ...anyway man are known to be heavy sleeper so no diff lah lolz

My natural curl is those at the roots kind, when it grows will have c shape! so cannot cut short short, will become pom pom. ended up I gotta keep long then heavy can weight down the curls if I don't rebond, or I perm lor, since already luan. hahahaha
mine is curl outward so have to cut short i beh tahan messy curly hair lolz

she wan her son to have good night sleep lah lolz ...anyway man are known to be heavy sleeper so no diff lah lolz

That's what I thought too! sorry lor.. Her son got a part to play also... its not just MY kid.. haha heng my hub adores children.. :p
I just nod my head and 1 ear in 1 ear out.. then in the car, I straight away tell my hub no way we are spilting room..

for me i will bring home everyday i will not let her stay at my mom place overnight cos it is my duty as mom to look after the infant not my mom and she already did me a big favour to look after her during day ..so dun want to be overboard :p

Ya I was thinking to bring home too, must do my duty as a mummy also. Will try out and hope I can survive!

Nope.. My edd in Feb
I still got time Jus over kan chiong
Today check up on week 32 , 1.55kgs
Gynae say Ok good
But I gain 5kgs during this 5 weeks hahha

Ohhhh I see, then you still have time.

When I was 32w baby weight is 2.18kg ... Comparing to yours mine seems like really huge! My total weight gain 13kg at that time, now Shld be more since I am 34w already.

my MIL purposely tell my BIL that his wife nvr wash his jeans and just wash her own clothes... roll eyes right.
Ended up my BIL's wife move back to her parents hse and stay, now waiting for their condo to TOP then she n my BIL will stay together.
Wah really roll eyes.

Ohhhh I see, then you still have time.

When I was 32w baby weight is 2.18kg ... Comparing to yours mine seems like really huge! My total weight gain 13kg at that time, now Shld be more since I am 34w already.
Hahah hi 5
My total weight gain so far also 13kg (base on clinic's weighing machine)

Back