what kind of husband is this?

icesmurf

hi,
i have a husband but feel like a single mom. during my pregnancy, my husband did not accompany me to any of the prenatal check ups. he also didn't go for the blood test to check for risk of down syndrome.
although he said that he will give me part of his salary as contribution to household expenses, he never did. we both agreed that the contribution wld start in aug but he kept giving excuses whenever i asked him. i was pregnant then but had fallen ill due to virus from him so was staying at my mom's. i asked him several times via text messages, he wld tell me not yet transfer, still at work so cannot transfer, etc. i suggested atm transfer but he said atm card left behind at work place. i suggested online transfer, he said his account is unable to do it and he will call the bank the following day. then... he ignored my messages altogether. that was in sep and oct; my edd was end of nov. beginning of nov, i went to his mom's place; my mil asked about my condition, he acted as if nothing happened. after i moved back, he wld come home late at night (after midnight), claiming that there's manpower shortage so he had to work overtime. i sensed that he was avoiding me. he even texted me to ask me to go back to my mom's place to stay over saying that he is sick and will be on mc for the next 2 days so didn't want to pass the virus to me. i think he cld not take it, being sleep deprived for many days; he probably just wanted to chase me away so he doesn't have to avoid me and can have a good rest. anyway i gave him the benefit of doubt and went back to my mom's. the following day, doctor advised me to admit to hospital and may need to induce labour. i told him and my mil. he came to the hospital. with the hospital bag that i packed as i have asked. he stayed with me; went home to sleep and came back to hospital the next day. baby was delivered in the afternoon, he was with me during the delivery which i was glad. i finally felt like i had a husband during that time! but it was short lived..
my mom agreed to help me with my confinement and requested that he come over to stay and help out for the month esp at night. he agreed and he came. however, within just 2 weeks, he had absent himself from caring for our son thrice.
the first time: he had to go back to work for 2 days as he didn't arrange for his paternity leave. initially, he said he would come back after work but last minute, he texted me he had to go to work early the next day so he spent the night back home being nearer to his work place compared to my mom's.
the second time: he went to work. that day, in the evening, he texted me saying that he had fallen ill with a very high fever, mc for 3 days. he then didn't come back that evening and for the next 3 days. on the 3rd day morning, i asked if he is better. he said he is and that he would return the following morning. i asked for him to come back in the evening that day instead of the next day. he told me that he wanted to be sure he has recovered fully so as not to pass virus to baby. i think he just wants to sleep more. the following morning i texted him to ask what time he's coming. he said will reach at 11am but by the time he reached it was 12plus in the afternoon. when he reached, i was napping but he woke me up, rather rudely, to ask me for the documents needed to run his errand. i almost wanted to slap him at that point. i had barely rested after struggling to get baby to sleep and he simply woke me the moment he arrived. he then left for the errand after getting the documents only returning in the evening. later in the night, he suddenly said he wanted to grab a bite from the coffee shop downstairs and went out. he never came back. this is the third time he deserted us.
please tell me...what do i do with such a husband? is he my husband?

Man,.this type of hubby....very sad if i have. We tahan the pain to go thru labor etc, this man behave this way. If i were u, i wld be disappointed.

Are u gg to your inlaw hse to stay after confinement?

Hi ices, have you sat down with him to talk to him? You may ask him if there are things on his mind and you would like to know if there is anything wrong. There must be a reason and instead of him avoiding it and giving you excuses while you are guessing what happen, it would be better to ask him to tell you his concern. It could be a misunderstanding that had resulted to him avoiding you and the baby or the possible stress he felt that he might not be able to provide with a new baby.

With the reason from him for his behaviour then would you be able to know what is going on. To look at all possibilities, perhaps he is taking up extra work outside other than his day work to get more income? You must be strong for your baby and your mum is there with you, so you must tell yourself not to overstress your mind during this period when you had just given birth.

Hi ice, at least he was w u during delivery. For that, mayb have a gd talk w him n tell him hw u feel and anything that is bothering him . Do he still care for u and family. But if he tell u the truth, you mst b prepare to accept it. Hope he married u not becoz of shotgun or what then mayb he is not prepare to start family.

yes. sometimes it's better not to beat a dead horse and let go of negative influences in your life... it is okay to admit it's not working out and move on with your children, better for them also.

Hi Icesmurf,
After reading, I am glad that you are still going strong. However, your husband might have his reasons for avoiding you.
There are many possible reasons
  • He might be having affair
  • He may not be ready to be a young daddy
  • He is not fully committed
  • He is confused about some issues
  • He is unable to accept some issues
  • Maybe there is no chemistry ( Intimacy between both of u)
There are a lot possible reasons that can be a reason that he is avoiding you by giving excuses after excuses.
Firstly, relate your feelings and thoughts about this to him. Then, get him to explain why is he giving excuses to avoid you.
No matter, what reasons he gives you, remind him that he is a father now and he needs to take responsibilty. Let him know how important is this relationship matters to you because of the newborn baby.
Make sure every words you speak, will give him a pinch that will make him think that he needs to live for his baby.
Please do not ever opt for a divorce because, your newborn baby needs a complete family. A mother and a father to shower him with loads of love, care and guidance as he grows older.
Divorce is just paper. Procedures that you will go through and sign on the papers and done you are divorce. But the child, will have that sadness and guilt forever. Think and live for your child. I hope that you will make a good decisions. Maybe if he still refuses to speak up, just bear with it. Try giving him some space and wait till he realises that he has his family of his own to take care of. Sometimes, man takes a longer time to adapt to things or changes. Give him some space.
I sincerely hope positive response will be out there for you.

Hi icesmurf,

Can I ask how is your relationship with your husband before you are pregnant?
Is he a loving husband to you and is it a planned pregnancy?

It is actually very obvious that he actually doesn't want to have children yet. A husband who plans to have children will not behave in this way.
Maybe financially he is not ready, and his mentally is not ready to be a father yet.
Some people don't like to be tied down by marriage or tied down with children and still prefer freedom.
He is not ready to be a father, so he will not be able to be a responsible father.

Everyone has different mindset at different stage of life. Just sad to say that your husband is at a stage where he is still not prepared to handle the responsibility and stress as a father now.
I don't courage divorce as we have to be responsible for our own decision. Your husband may fail you as a good husband and good father, it is afterall your choice in marrying him in the first place. I hope you will try to work things out nicely with him for the sake of your baby. Eventually he will still reach a stage where he is mentally prepared to take up the responsibility as a good husband and a good father, unless he doesn't love you at all.
Try to endure and talk to him nicely over this. Don't lose temper as it will only create heated argument. Men have strong ego and they don't like to be boss around. Got to use soft approach first and see if it works on him.

Seek help from your parents-in-law in taking care of your baby since you are living with your parents-in-law.
It will be less stressful for you in taking care of the baby and relationship with your husband might improve slowly.

I hope everything will go smoothly for you soon.

Blue mini.. i agree with you. My ex was like that. Not ready to be father or husband. Only want freedom. So behaviour follows as such. He might be good lover but not a good husband or father. Icesmurf, if after talking it doesnt work..u should consider alternatives. In my experience, guys wun change so fast.. alas.

Yes, man takes time to adapt to changes and even to simplest things. It will take time for them to take responsibility. Seriously, I feel you should give him sometime to react to this situation. As generally guys, think maturely when they are much older. Girls usually get attracted to things easily, and moreover they can adapt to changes and environment quite easily. Just give him a soft approach, if he still doesn't want to react. Try to give him a break. After sometime he himself, will come looking for you.
In my opinions and experience, "What is by your side all time, you will never treasure, unless its far away from you then you will realize the importance of that thing or person." So sometimes, you just had to put up an act that you are far away from him and you don't bother about him then he will start realizing how important you and the kids meant to him. Different man has various styles of the way they react to various situations. Some may never want to get committed at all. Some may just not be bother about you at all. Some may want just complete body pleasure only. Some may not be ready to be a father or husband. Some maybe scared of commitments and restrictions. Some may even scared to lose their freedom and enjoyment. Some may just feel that this is not what they want in life. Some may just give up easily on you. There are many possible ways that could be his reasons for how he react to this situations. So just keep trying! All the best!

Man can have their excuses of saying that they are not ready to be a father but is woman born ready to be a mummy. Sometimes life is so unfair.
If they are ready for marriage the they should be mentally prepared that the responsbility of a father will come sooner or later.

When I was expecting my first kid, I was crying most of the time. My husband too, tell me that he is not ready and my mum is very angry commenting to him that if he is not ready then why get married and got me pregnant. End up my mum had to make frequent visit to my house to brain wash him. After my baby was born, our relationship become very tense. Many huge arguement mostly bec of Bb or inlaws. As a working mum, I have to juggle the household chores, fetch my bb home after work and rush home to prepare baby stuff and wash all his dirty laundry and handle his nite feed (till he was 3yrs old, he still having nite feed every 3hrs). Life is tough as we dnt mke much money at that time too and without realising that he has incurred so much credit card debts because of his stupid friend. It took us or me 4 years to have the debt clear off as we have renovation installment to clear every month and our salary is just enough to meet our daily needs. No holiday or fancy birthday celebration and dining at restaurant only during special occasion. I have insufficient sleep and rests for past few years especially when bb is sick. I have sleepless nite and still need to rush to work the next morning. It was really tiring.
I have to bear through one and a half day of contraction pain during my 2nd pregnancy. I sartedto ahve my contraction at 12AM and he was sleeing like a log. 4am, i have blood and I asked him to wakeup to send me to hospital. Do you know what he told me " ahyoh, it is only 4am, can I sleep first, 7.30am then i send you hospital when my elder son wake up". At that point of time, i really feel like kicking his XXX. I told him if you want to go then i take taxi myself. Only then, he wakeup...Hmmmm..is all man like that? dnt know want to laugh or cry. And why the contraction pain is dragged for too long because mummy (ME) is very padang. Friday is not an asuspicious date so I endure the pain till next am 10am then go for caesaurian. luckily my waterbag did not burst. Doc keep asking me if I want to induce or go for epidural first to reduce the pain and I rejected because I dnt wan to end up having epidural twice as caesuarian will still need to go for epi. I call my mom when i am admitted in hospital and she say why I am so persistence...But come to think about it now, is really crazy right. I dnt know where my courage and endurance came from. Just beacuse I want my baby to born in a asuspicious date and time.

These few years, I work really hard for my children and to provide them the best. My husband dnt make much money and he is only contributing a min sum of monies to me every month which is not even enu for my son tution fee. I have to scrimp and save for many years and he even commented me why I am so calculative of monies at that time. But he never understand that when pple is trying to meet their needs, every cents count. And always wanted to change his job at the wrong timing. I told him that even i have been mistreated or verbally abused by my boss/colleagues in office, I just bite my teeth and keep my mouth shut and continue to work for the sake of the children and this house. Who is so lucky to work for interest, I would say majority is working the sake of the monthly salary. I always tell myself if I can bear through this shitty boss, next time I can work anywhere. Nobdy will be worse than him.
I have never asked anything frm him before but it doesnt meant that I dnt want to be pampered. I always envy those colleagues and friend when they go on frequent holiday trip or their husband make effort to fetch them from work. When I am sick during my pregnancy, I sill have to squeeze thru taking mrt home cos I cnt bear to spend my taxi fare and he say to cme over to my office is out of his way. And I also accepted it.

The only thing that I am looking forward too is to rush home straight after work to spend time with my two kiddos.
Luckily now after all those hard work, I can now afford to hire a helper to help me to handle my kids when I am in office.

So icesmurf - dnt give up hope. Likewhat tifflim has encourage me earlier too :)
Life still have to goes on. Now you not only live for yourself but for your boy.
Life will not always be on the downside. " If you want to see rainbow, you must go through the storm".

Icesmurf -
When I was young, I am in a very bad term with my parents and in fact I can dnt speak a word to them for one whole year.
I am very rebellious during my younger days. Infact I was forced to become rebellious during my seconday school days. I am a very quiet girl who focus on studying. But there is too many gangsters in my school and I was always been bullied. At one time, I was dragged to the toilet by a group of girls (ard 10) in the school toilet and they take turn to beat me up. My elder sister who was in the same school witness the whole scene but she just stood there frozen without helping me. At that time, I was very upset and disappointed. 5 years in that school is like a torture to me. In order to protect myself, I have to force myself to be with that group of bully as so called friend. At that time, I dnt understand how worried my parents are because they dnt know what I have been through. I am born in a poor family and my parents have to slog whole life working almost 24/7 every day. We have no birthday celebration or toys at home. My Mum is very bad tempered which I understand now is beacuse of overworked and lack of sleep. So we are either being beaten badly at home by my mum when we misbehave or did not do well in our exam. My sister and I have to learn to cook and do house chores when we are in primary school. I have many BF at that times cos relationship is so unstable during young age and I am only seeking for companion and someone to lend the ears. Life continue to goes dwn, when i was RXXX by my bf when I am only in secondary 2. Nobdy know what happen and I do not dare to tell anyone too. This secret is with me for all these years. Mentally and physically I am torn apart.

I started working (doing all kind of jobs) when I am in sec school because I want to pay for my own needs and being independent as I do not like to ask my parents for pocket monies. After graduating, I started working and taking part time diploma. Going through a hard time in work, maybe no career luck at that times (either the company close down or being retrenched due to company cut cost. Life is terrible..but I always told myself life will get better and I really hope to have a family of my own. Have a house of my own.

It was then that I came to know my husband. Like what I have say in my earlier post.
My life is like a roller coaster isnt it...But now I do have a house of my own and two beautiful kids...and a ** hubby**.. and after having two kids of my own, I can fully understand what my parents been through.

Try to believe in yourself. Believe in the inner strength that we have for us to discover..
Miracle might happen. What goes around come around.

I am glad that there is many nice mummy here who is willing to share their experience and lend us their ear to vent our saddness and frustration :)

Wow JJ2015! Ur good! ;) When I was still working, I will change job if I don't like my boss.

I think I'm too pampered tho I don't come from rich family...lol...

But really, after having own family n children then I realised what my mom had gone thru raising me.

I used to be very bad tempered maybe coz I'm the youngest in my family n my bro is 12 yrs older, sister is 10 yrs older so my dad dotes on me when I was young. But I married a man who's even more bad tempered so kind of toned me down or else will have endless arguments. My hb is quite like u, JJ2015, when he was younger. Parents don't care for him, he gotta work in order to continue primary sch but dropped out of sch in Sec 2 coz of the ppl he mixed ard with. His parents gamble alot n he had to pay his dad's debts. So when we were abt to get married, I let him choose between me n his parents. He chose me so no turning back. I've never seen his parents. I know some ppl will disagree what I've done but I'm doing this for the sack of my own family n my children. After having our own family, he works hard to support us. Sometimes have to help him deal with some shit la...few yrs back he went to drive taxi but find that it's not an easy job n just left the taxi at the carpark. He's suppose to give the taxi company 2 weeks notice but he didn't n I have to compensate the taxi company on his behalf which is abt $1.5k. So i banned him from driving taxi from then on. The r a few more incidents on his others jobs. Really vomit blood. But at least he's trying to work to provide for us. What to do, I married him I have to accept whatever happen so long he never lay a hand on me.

He works long hours so when he's at home, he's usually sleeping. Anything that needs to be repaired at home, either I do it myself or I will have to ask my elder brother to help. Asking my hb to help will do more damaged...lol...he got no patience at all.

Betc: I am born in poor family, my mum used to live in kampong during her days and then we move to one room flat after they got married. So they take monies very seriously. They dnt even bear to buy new clothes for themself. So I am now doing my part as her daughter.

I always tell my husband that there is no free lunch and doing own business is not as easy as what it is . I dnt mind slogging hard and providing the needs for my family but as a man, you must still work. I never complain about the low contribution or your salary but you must appreciate what I did for this family. Never take me for granted. I am willing to do this much but I can also leave you without regrets. If I want to do something, I always put my best effort despite in kid or work or marriage so if it fail, no regrets.

before and after we got married, he also try to do many funny stuff behind my back but unfortunately my "antenna" is very sensitive, he always get caught. Can pretend to lie to me say want to sleep early then try to sneak out with his frens to clubbing / chill out. Haha.. i told him dnt play these tricks on me as I have too used it before during my younger days..haha..
come to think about it, is quite funny. Perhaps it is also part of growing up stages for couples.

Two person living together really need a lot of times and effort to nuture a relationship. is def not easy :)

betc: Think pple change in situation. You are very forgiving toward your husband. Hope that he appreciate what you have done for him.

Icesmurf: If you can get along with ur MIL, maybe you sit down and have a word with her and see if she is willing to step out to talk/brain wash his own son. Maybe he will listen to her instead. sometime one word from a mother is stronger than a thousand word from a wife. You might want to give your cutie baby another chance of having a complete family.

Hi icesmurf

Don't give up yet, you baby is so young still so try to have a good talk with your husband or alternative get a counselor. Some church have professional counselling free. I know Christ Methodist churches do have. Or social services do have also. Until all avenues are exhausted, then you will know what direction to move. But, bear in mind there's no quick fix, you have to be prepared to allow all these take time. ... Hang in there, is not time also to compare with other ppl's hubby. Everyone are different... Stay strong...bless you.

I am curious. Can I understand why u all want to marry such a guy and even give birth not only one kid but more kids for such an irresponsible husband? If I am a woman, i kick these "rat" out of my life. Not to even mention bearing any kids for them. Sorry for the harsh language. I just feel so unfair and pitiful you all are...:(

一种米养百种人. N i agree with JJ2015 that ppl change in different situation. A man can be a different person after marriage or after a newborn arrived or when they are faced with financial issues.. No one can be sure that the person u dated can be the same after marriage...some only want to make babies but don't want to be responsible for the baby.....maybe we're just plain naive, hoping men will change...life is a gamble, marriage is a gamble.....nobody is perfect

Have to consider the fact if she proceed divorce, it will be double strain for her running between court and her kid and supporting the family on sole income plus after divorce, loneliness creeps in and human tendency is you want someone besides you and not many single eligible guys want a women with baggage, that was what I was called...sigh .. So rather she hang on till her kid is older and she can slowly decide her direction

My mum always been telling: if a woman do not know how to love herself, how do you expect your huband to love you. Before you got married, you dress urself beautifully and after you got maried, you must put double effort in maintaining yourself or how do you expect your husband to live with you for rest of his life. Not only you build your self confidence but to maintain your marriage. Woman cannot reply on husband, must alway learn to be independent. Cos the world is very practical. if you have money, your husband will think twice before raising his voice at you! Do not over pamper you husband, must train him to do some chores from the start of the marriage or he will not even help you when you have baby next time.

All these is speaking from her experience......so what do you think?

Man can have their excuses of saying that they are not ready to be a father but is woman born ready to be a mummy. Sometimes life is so unfair.
If they are ready for marriage the they should be mentally prepared that the responsbility of a father will come sooner or later.

When I was expecting my first kid, I was crying most of the time. My husband too, tell me that he is not ready and my mum is very angry commenting to him that if he is not ready then why get married and got me pregnant. End up my mum had to make frequent visit to my house to brain wash him. After my baby was born, our relationship become very tense. Many huge arguement mostly bec of Bb or inlaws. As a working mum, I have to juggle the household chores, fetch my bb home after work and rush home to prepare baby stuff and wash all his dirty laundry and handle his nite feed (till he was 3yrs old, he still having nite feed every 3hrs). Life is tough as we dnt mke much money at that time too and without realising that he has incurred so much credit card debts because of his stupid friend. It took us or me 4 years to have the debt clear off as we have renovation installment to clear every month and our salary is just enough to meet our daily needs. No holiday or fancy birthday celebration and dining at restaurant only during special occasion. I have insufficient sleep and rests for past few years especially when bb is sick. I have sleepless nite and still need to rush to work the next morning. It was really tiring.
I have to bear through one and a half day of contraction pain during my 2nd pregnancy. I sartedto ahve my contraction at 12AM and he was sleeing like a log. 4am, i have blood and I asked him to wakeup to send me to hospital. Do you know what he told me " ahyoh, it is only 4am, can I sleep first, 7.30am then i send you hospital when my elder son wake up". At that point of time, i really feel like kicking his XXX. I told him if you want to go then i take taxi myself. Only then, he wakeup...Hmmmm..is all man like that? dnt know want to laugh or cry. And why the contraction pain is dragged for too long because mummy (ME) is very padang. Friday is not an asuspicious date so I endure the pain till next am 10am then go for caesaurian. luckily my waterbag did not burst. Doc keep asking me if I want to induce or go for epidural first to reduce the pain and I rejected because I dnt wan to end up having epidural twice as caesuarian will still need to go for epi. I call my mom when i am admitted in hospital and she say why I am so persistence...But come to think about it now, is really crazy right. I dnt know where my courage and endurance came from. Just beacuse I want my baby to born in a asuspicious date and time.

These few years, I work really hard for my children and to provide them the best. My husband dnt make much money and he is only contributing a min sum of monies to me every month which is not even enu for my son tution fee. I have to scrimp and save for many years and he even commented me why I am so calculative of monies at that time. But he never understand that when pple is trying to meet their needs, every cents count. And always wanted to change his job at the wrong timing. I told him that even i have been mistreated or verbally abused by my boss/colleagues in office, I just bite my teeth and keep my mouth shut and continue to work for the sake of the children and this house. Who is so lucky to work for interest, I would say majority is working the sake of the monthly salary. I always tell myself if I can bear through this shitty boss, next time I can work anywhere. Nobdy will be worse than him.
I have never asked anything frm him before but it doesnt meant that I dnt want to be pampered. I always envy those colleagues and friend when they go on frequent holiday trip or their husband make effort to fetch them from work. When I am sick during my pregnancy, I sill have to squeeze thru taking mrt home cos I cnt bear to spend my taxi fare and he say to cme over to my office is out of his way. And I also accepted it.

The only thing that I am looking forward too is to rush home straight after work to spend time with my two kiddos.
Luckily now after all those hard work, I can now afford to hire a helper to help me to handle my kids when I am in office.

So icesmurf - dnt give up hope. Likewhat tifflim has encourage me earlier too :)
Life still have to goes on. Now you not only live for yourself but for your boy.
Life will not always be on the downside. " If you want to see rainbow, you must go through the storm".

Hi! Well said ! I proud of you for being so positive and the way you juggle so many things I am seriously proud of you. I totally agree with you ' If you want to see rainbow, you must go through the storm'. I will always say it this " Every pain has a gain to it, Every choice has its own consequences". These are terms that we can follow to motivate us to do better and to overcome any kind of problems and sufferings that we are going through in our daily lives. Life is never a bed of roses, we have to go through so much, in order to get a rose. Seriously you didn't have a good pregnancy days, I am feeling sad. But although all has happened, now you are one of the best mummy on earth because you strive really hard just for your two little ones. Although you was mistreated at work by your boss and colleagues, I love the confidence you had to overcome all that and continue to work. That confidence not everyone has it. I am sure your future year is gonna be blessed and you will have what you desire.
Back to Icesmurf - I sincerely hope that you do build your self confidence and motivate yourself in all hard times, and live for your child. Things and problems can seem really big and hard to handle but if you put your heart and mind to it. Every problems and hardship will seem small and that very day you will be proud of yourself because you made it. I am very sure that you can do it.

Kelvinangsw: Love is blind. I believe when a man is trying to woo a lady, he will try his best to win his heart and mostly woman will fall for that. After marriage is another story. It is not easy to find a man who treat his spouse the same even after marriage. Woman will not expect his man to change that drastic after marriage isnt it. To us, is just like a gamble and Whether we have put on a good bet. Woman do change (not only our appearance or body change after birth) and for the sake of the children and husband. Yet some man can even crititise saying that why we become fat & ugly etc...not remembering the pain we suffer before and after birth. Baby is innocent, is it worth killing his life jut because his daddy is a jXXX...

Icesmurf -
When I was young, I am in a very bad term with my parents and in fact I can dnt speak a word to them for one whole year.
I am very rebellious during my younger days. Infact I was forced to become rebellious during my seconday school days. I am a very quiet girl who focus on studying. But there is too many gangsters in my school and I was always been bullied. At one time, I was dragged to the toilet by a group of girls (ard 10) in the school toilet and they take turn to beat me up. My elder sister who was in the same school witness the whole scene but she just stood there frozen without helping me. At that time, I was very upset and disappointed. 5 years in that school is like a torture to me. In order to protect myself, I have to force myself to be with that group of bully as so called friend. At that time, I dnt understand how worried my parents are because they dnt know what I have been through. I am born in a poor family and my parents have to slog whole life working almost 24/7 every day. We have no birthday celebration or toys at home. My Mum is very bad tempered which I understand now is beacuse of overworked and lack of sleep. So we are either being beaten badly at home by my mum when we misbehave or did not do well in our exam. My sister and I have to learn to cook and do house chores when we are in primary school. I have many BF at that times cos relationship is so unstable during young age and I am only seeking for companion and someone to lend the ears. Life continue to goes dwn, when i was RXXX by my bf when I am only in secondary 2. Nobdy know what happen and I do not dare to tell anyone too. This secret is with me for all these years. Mentally and physically I am torn apart.

I started working (doing all kind of jobs) when I am in sec school because I want to pay for my own needs and being independent as I do not like to ask my parents for pocket monies. After graduating, I started working and taking part time diploma. Going through a hard time in work, maybe no career luck at that times (either the company close down or being retrenched due to company cut cost. Life is terrible..but I always told myself life will get better and I really hope to have a family of my own. Have a house of my own.

It was then that I came to know my husband. Like what I have say in my earlier post.
My life is like a roller coaster isnt it...But now I do have a house of my own and two beautiful kids...and a ** hubby**.. and after having two kids of my own, I can fully understand what my parents been through.

Try to believe in yourself. Believe in the inner strength that we have for us to discover..
Miracle might happen. What goes around come around.

My tears rolled when I read this, it really saddens me. You have really had a hard teenage life. I seriously hope that good days will come your way soon. Everyone deserves to have a better life and I wish the same for you. But whatever you have desire to have such as house, family of your own. Now all the pieces are there, its just that it takes time to complete the whole puzzle and you will achieve what you desire for. "What goes around, comes around". Miracles do happen, but its just that we wont know and realize it because it can be too small too be seen. You are really strong. Look! What you learn from your teenage days its pretty useful now that you are able to manage your expenses. That's really great!

not true...at least for me... my partner is the one more ready than me.... it took me about 6month to consider whether want to TTC...
until now i still cant say i'm 100% ready, but he is alrady 10001% ready

Pixie - You are very lucky though...not easy to find a man who is more ready than his wife. I believe he wll take good care of his baby nxt time. Btw, is your husband older than u.

Pixie - You are very lucky though...not easy to find a man who is more ready than his wife. I believe he wll take good care of his baby nxt time. Btw, is your husband older than u.
he is 4yrs older than me...
i'm always the one not interested in settle down or commitment or family.. but he is always the one want to settle down to have a family...

Have to consider the fact if she proceed divorce, it will be double strain for her running between court and her kid and supporting the family on sole income plus after divorce, loneliness creeps in and human tendency is you want someone besides you and not many single eligible guys want a women with baggage, that was what I was called...sigh .. So rather she hang on till her kid is older and she can slowly decide her direction
Hi! I agree with you, loneliness seriously kills and everyone needs someone to be by their side to pamper, love and to care for them. Even a bit of expectations will be there. Not many eligible single guys goes for woman that have package but there are some gentleman still around who are willing to accept the woman as a package. In my opinions, I feel that I would rather ask her to feel what her heart says and do according to what her heart says because her happiness plays an important role.

he is 4yrs older than me...
i'm always the one not interested in settle down or commitment or family.. but he is always the one want to settle down to have a family...
Pixie, you are seriously gifted to have a man like him who cares and loves you moreover he is willing to be committed and get settled down. Now many man are not ready for commitment and to settle down because they feel that marriages will have a lot more commitments and responsibilities. I am sure he will make a good husband.

not true... if a person cannot handle loneliness, simply mean she/he is not strong enough...
i have been single for long period of time, even there are guys interested in me, i only will consider serious dating the guy if he pass my long list of criterias... i wun accept a guy, just because of loneliness.. this will end up giving me more burden in future...

and i have mention before, i know more guys able to accept women's with kids, as compare to women accept guys with kids.. so i dun really see that as a problem...

Pixie, you are seriously gifted to have a man like him who cares and loves you moreover he is willing to be committed and get settled down. Now many man are not ready for commitment and to settle down because they feel that marriages will have a lot more commitments and responsibilities. I am sure he will make a good husband.
let's just put it i'm a more logicial person than an emotional person...
alot of women want to get marry because of fantasy they have plan in their mind when they are kids.... is something like fairytale comes true to her...
but for me, marriage is just a piece of paper and when things come bad, you need to hire lawyers and court to divide your asset...

even for now, i agree to TTC with my partner, but i havent agree to marry him yet...
so i'm more towards out of the norms :p

I think icesmurf's case is not that serious until need to divorce. Have to talk with yr hb. Not all men like to report and not everybody can be on time. Arriving 1 hr late or want to spend more time at home to sleep is not really a big deal. Have to understand their job scope, how long is his working hrs. My hb works long hrs as a delivery driver so I understands that he need to sleep whenever he can. Only on weekends he can go out for lunch with us. He works night shift and will only be at home for a few hrs a day. I've learnt to be independent. I always bring my kids out on my own. Even when I visit my mom, my hb won't go becoz he dislike my sister as she will keep nagging at him n keep telling him abt her religion stuffs which he hates....even CNY he don't visit them. Sometimes I do feel like a single mom but what to do. If he's not happy, nobody's happy. Seriously unless my hb is having affair or hit me or the kids, the rest can be tolerated. If I can't tolerate his nonsense, I would leave him long ago.

Communication is important.

Crying alone, not telling the partner won't solve problem. I will argue, cry n complain to my hb if I'm really upset abt the things he do or else he won't know....lol...

We are all well-wishers and divorce would be the last resort. And believe me it's not an easy road as it sometimes drag especially when auxiliary matters and maintenance and custody are contested. So, it's better to have a good talk, I suggest record if you can, it will come in handy, trust me. From there, you can decide what you need to do. Speculating would not work, ultimately you have get hold of him & talk to him. God bless...

True enough, Divorce must always be a last resort. If there is an issue, just try talking to your partner and have a mutual understanding rather than just rushing into divorce.
  • Communication
  • Compromising
There 2 points are very immportant in a relationship even with your friends, relatives, family, etc. This plays an important role. Divorce is a piece of paper, Marriage is also a piece of paper. But the kids you have will have the impact. Some kids will be closer to the mother, some to their father. Separating the kids from either mother or father will actually make a big impact on these kids. So if issues that are minor and still can be settled. In my opinions, I do really will communicate and compromise to avoid divorce.

Yes...daylight004, u r not alone, we wl share our experiences with u n make sure u n baby are taken care...dun let those man go Scott free as if you are some plaything only.. Fight back, stand up for baby...he must know there are responsibilities to you n baby.... God bess

So daylight004, talk with him but Record... U know a sword can cut both ways right... B bless

Last edited:
Hi Daylight004, warm greetings to welcome you to this community. I hope I can share my opinions to help you in some way or other. Sometimes the more opinions you gather, you will find solutions to your problems or either feel that someone hears you and comfort you.
You will never be alone, because there is always someone who loves you dearly.

Hi Icesmurf, Has he always been like this even before your pregnancy? Or His behaviours have been changing recently and that have been colder towards you?
From your story, could tell that your husband is not doing his role well and that he seems to have been avoiding you. Divorce should be the last resort. Figure out what have been the causes and communicate very clearly towards him about how you have been feeling. Sometimes it could be due to our expectations or sometimes it could be due that your partner is not living up to his roles well. In either way, it is very important to communicate. COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY. Don't let small issues and pent-up feelings lead to irrevocable damages onto your relationship. As much as possible, try to preserve the marriage especially with the baby coming to your way. Is good to confide in third parties, Outsiders could give you logical perspectives into things esp if subjectivity can come quite hard when we are entagled emotionally by the relationship.

Hi Ms_Silviana,

Well said! COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY. I totally agree with you. As small issues and pent up feelings will lead to irrevocable damages in our relationship. Moreover, divorce is never a solution to solve issues we are facing in our marriage life. It will always be the last resort where you have no more options or solution left.

Hi tifflim and everyone here, I need your advice.

My husband and I have been married for 7 yrs.
I'm currently pregnant with his first child.
Recently he has Been avoiding me.
He didn't accompany me for my gynae appts.. He didn't care or ask about baby.
Started to come home very late.. I know he is avoiding me.
So when I tried to find out what's wrong, he told me he is indeed avoiding me.
Reason being he is unsure of our marriage. He said ever since our marriage, our sex life is not frequent enough. He is someone with high sex drive. But I'm not. And that actually caused him to have an affair 2 yrs back. We decided to give each other another chance 2 yrs back. But he said things didn't improve. Our sex life is still not frequent enuff. And for the past yr, I've been wanting a baby so much that he got pissed that I only want sex when it's during my ovulation. Perhaps I'm too fixated with baby making. So he felt that he is not enjoying sex at all.

He is totally ignoring me and baby. For the sake of our baby I really don't want to go to the extent of divorcing. What should I do to reconcile with him? I asked him what does he want to achieve by avoiding me. He said he dunno. I really have no idea what's on his mind. What should I do?

Appreciate all your advices.

Hi lonely mum..sorry to hear this but his having high sex drive isn't an excuse to cheat...if he's got no money at all, you think he will think about sex ... He will surely work like dog earn $$ .... So is he supporting the family? Money is the root of all evil. Want to know what he have been up to, trace his wallet. But I rather you don't, you will find surprises that shock you.

You aren't wrong cos 7 yrs n about time for a child to brighten your marriage with joy n purpose.

Hmm..not sure if you want to try counselling but it's an option. You can think about it, try free which Methodist churches have. Private are very ex unless you don't mind.

Sorry to say he's plain selfish man. what he mean improve "haven't improved"..that's absurd.. Yeah go tell him you master bunjie sex! See,if his eyes pop up with excitement! ..the world doesn't revolves around his penis!

Sorry lonely mum, I hv been with this type of man b4 n they make me sick. But all is not gloom n doom, there's still hope at least he's frank about it. If I were you, I squeeze his wallet tight, no money to pay bills n food,think he'll still think of sex ? Taxi drivers drives18-20hr a day are so totally exhausted.. Sex is last thing they thought of.

Peace ...gal. Consider carefully, you hv a baby cmg n you want to give baby a good dad n family to grow right. Divorce shouldn't be said nw even.

God bless..

Hi Lonely mum,

I understand your state you are in at the current moment. Expecting for your first baby and instead of being loved and cared, he is totally avoiding you.
Its really saddening, however you had to be really strong at this moment. Don't give up because you are going to be the best beautiful mommy for your little child.
Back to your problem that you are facing now...In my opinions, I have seen through man with this type of attitude and character and I feel its really common when they need sex they just have this running on their mind, "Cover the face, fire the base". They totally become a beast when they need sex. Especially, your husband admits that he has high sex drive to you. So partially, you made mistake too right. When in a marriage, there must be both mutual understanding. As a wife for a man with high sex drive, you should mold into his needs so that you can build a stronger relationship and marriage life. If you satisfy his needs, he will never wander away. He will stick with you because he needs 100% satisfaction. I understand that you are not high in sex but as a wife, sometimes we had to give in so that we can save our marriage life. As in Gladjo opinion, she mentioned that about the money. Just think the more you squeeze him tight, the more he will wait to run away further. Having too much money will lead you sometimes to the wrong path and I think she is right. For taxi drivers, yes they work more than what are our working hours. But I have seen taxi drivers that are really cheeky too. They will look at you like as if they gonna rape you and some even have the cheeks to give you indirect conversation. So its not about whether you have money or not. Is whether they get their satisfaction. For men, they always think love = lust but they don't understand that love does not equate to lust at all. Your husband is wandering away with a woman that has high sex drive because he needs a woman that gives him what he needs in bed. So my best advice to you my dear lonely mum, will be mold into his character is the best so that you can save this marriage life. Divorce will never be a solution. Its just a easy way to escape from all the problems. Think for the little one that you are going to bring into this world. At least for the sake of your baby, try to reconcile with him. Show him that you will be able to satisfy his needs. Maybe you could also let him know that sex is just a few minutes satisfaction and it doesnt equates to love at all. Tell him how much you love him and let him know that girls that comes for sex will keep wandering away because they will never get satisfied even how much he can give her the satisfaction because they are not really loving him. Help him by advising him.

Thanks tiff lim and gladjo.
I agree with what u say, tiff lim, but his constant avoidance by not coming home make it impossible to improve the relationship....
How am I suppose to salvage the marriage if he simply refuse to spend time with me,.....
I'm really lost as to what I should do... Any suggestions?

Hi Lonely mum,

I understand your concern that you are always trying your very best to reconcile with your husband. Give him sometime to breathe. I am sure he will be back at least at late nights, maybe you could sacrifice your sleep by waiting for his return so that you can try talking to him and even having some romantic time with him. You will have to start it by your own effort my dear lonely mum. Doubt that he may push you away or stop you from touching him but you have to be strong to keep on trying and prove him that you will meet his requirements in a way that you will be able to satisfy his needs and show him the love that he needs from you too. Its a new year tomorrow, its a good time that you start it today so that as of new year you both can start a new and be loving to each other.

Back