(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Re: Spectra Pumps
get them soon if you see the rates are good. heard from many friends that the prices will be going up next year.

furbee, really rare to be able to catch baby peeing on ultrasound! :) lucky you.

isenggirl, baby clothes, Freestyle pumps and parts, bottles (avent, dr brown etc), swaddles... are all very cheap there. you probably need to work out a list and past to him. haha!

isenggirl, so lucky! US stuff are so much cheaper. Just looking at amazon makes me wanna order everything online and not buy anything in the stores here! even avent pacifiers also cheaper than our stores here. esp cute muslin swaddles with prints - sg sell very expensive!

I backside itchy oso go and buy a Spectra M1 as a backup for my Freestyle. Not 100% sure my Freestyle can survive the abuse again after not being in use for 3yrs+. Mommies with Freestyle, do you think I should go and replace all the tubings etc? The spare parts for Medela are horribly expensive though.

I have a list of what to pack for hospital, but have to hunt for it. Anyways now still too early ah :)

My hubby is a crazed shopper at Amazon.com. Every week got packages coming in, dunno what is he buying??? Are things really that much cheaper? I better ask him to look more at baby stuff from now on. If not keep on buying toys for my #1, no space to put liao!

Wow..all mommy here start shopping for baby. I haven't even buy my maternity cloth hahaha.
Enjoy shopping for all mom here.......

Vinka, wow you are still wearing your existing clothes?? I totally cannot fit into my old work clothes. bump getting big and in the way. :p

I also have not started shopping for baby. But slowly start to wear my maternity clothes le.... bump become obvious these days, then some colleagues has come asked why my tummy getting bigger and bigger but I do not seems eat a lot. hahaha..... but on MRT still rarely see people give seat to me. Dunno if it because not that obvious or they just act blur.

happycsk, I saw some aden+anais muslin swaddles on 50% off at Kiddy Palace. go check it out? :) and these are made in China, actually. I purchased some from Taobao website. really cheap.

cynn04, how much did you pay for your M1? think should replace the tubings for hygiene's sake. think this seller's pricings are quite okay. http://singaporemotherhood.com/foru...edela-lansinoh-blue-egg-natures.6870/page-204

Eh why u can read my mind!! I like the anais+aden swaddles leh! I will go check it out!

happycsk, lol! 'cos I am also crazy about it! :D so cute lor!! if you don't mind splurging just once, go for the aden+anais premium bamboo range of swaddles. they are so, so soft!! texture is even softer than the normal cotton ones.

thanks for sharing about the mummysmarket. saw some good deals but a bit troublesome for me 'cos need to go down personally to collect. not sure if I want to chiong fairs this time.

Last nite I saw cotton on sales n I go n buy

Normally size xs-s now m size
Son no these tops can last how long for mi

Wow lucky u, at least is from small to medium... Now with such belly size M top also cant fit me :(

I backside itchy oso go and buy a Spectra M1 as a backup for my Freestyle. Not 100% sure my Freestyle can survive the abuse again after not being in use for 3yrs+. Mommies with Freestyle, do you think I should go and replace all the tubings etc? The spare parts for Medela are horribly expensive though.

I have a list of what to pack for hospital, but have to hunt for it. Anyways now still too early ah :)

My hubby is a crazed shopper at Amazon.com. Every week got packages coming in, dunno what is he buying??? Are things really that much cheaper? I better ask him to look more at baby stuff from now on. If not keep on buying toys for my #1, no space to put liao!

After 3 yrs of cos have to change the spare parts... Mine after keeping 6mths can see the tube become blurrish (like got water vapour inside)..
I bot my spare parts from kulily.com, but duno if those baby fair can get better discounts anot...

Vinka, wow you are still wearing your existing clothes?? I totally cannot fit into my old work clothes. bump getting big and in the way. :p

Yes i still can wear all my existing clothes , my mom told me last time when she pregnant she wore jeans until 9 months of pregnancy :eek:

Furbee, my fren told me she never changed any of her spare parts for her Medela pump for her second child haha! Just took a look at the price of changing all the spare parts, all add up together can almost buy a new spectra pump le...

Starrymommy, I got the M1 from one of the mommies from our fb. I think its $200? You got urs so cheap!

It's such a cold day. I'm freezing in the office and my mind is numb..... o_O

Furbee, my fren told me she never changed any of her spare parts for her Medela pump for her second child haha! Just took a look at the price of changing all the spare parts, all add up together can almost buy a new spectra pump le...

Starrymommy, I got the M1 from one of the mommies from our fb. I think its $200? You got urs so cheap!

It's such a cold day. I'm freezing in the office and my mind is numb..... o_O

cynn04, oh yah you did. your $200 is with warranty. my $135 is without. so fair trade-off bah! I am also freezing in the office. and feeling so, so sleepy!!

just broke the rule and had a cup of coffee. feeling better but also a bit guilty. :p

what are your plans for the weekend, mummies? I think I am gonna nua at home with the girls.. hubby is on biz trip so likely won't want to venture out of the house without him. it's getting rather challenging entertaining 2 kids at home recently.

Mummies,

A quick question... Those with kkh, how do we obtain a copy of the reports?

Is it chargeable?

What sort of report do you mean? What I know in general is that if we wish to get a medical report after the consultation or followup has been done for awhile, the report is chargeable.

What sort of report do you mean? What I know in general is that if we wish to get a medical report after the consultation or followup has been done for awhile, the report is chargeable.
I intend to change gynae. They require me to get reports from my current gynae (oscar test report, etc etc).. So im not sure how.

I intend to change gynae. They require me to get reports from my current gynae (oscar test report, etc etc).. So im not sure how.

Icic, then you have to call up and chk. I thought by right they shld give you the reports since you already paid for the tests. But best to call up or ask during your next visit?

just broke the rule and had a cup of coffee. feeling better but also a bit guilty. :p

what are your plans for the weekend, mummies? I think I am gonna nua at home with the girls.. hubby is on biz trip so likely won't want to venture out of the house without him. it's getting rather challenging entertaining 2 kids at home recently.

Im very lazy to venture out on weekends nowadays. Esp rainy weather, cant do any outdoor stuff and all the malls and indoor playgrds will be packed. Just gonna be hving a xmas party with frens downstairs on sunday lol. And hopefully catch up on my sleep!

Going back sg tmr night after trip to taipei and KL..arrrgggghhhh suddenly dec going to end!
I think im gonna shop for xmas pressies and c if got sale gg on to buy for CNY!! Dont think with big tummy next few mths able to shop n stand for long :(

Hi I'm trying to find a mom wearing who is due in March/ May I met at compassvale link on Tuesday evening? My edd is in Jan. Can you pm me if you see this?

Hi Starrymommy and all mummies,
Thanks for your advices. I switch to Chuachukang TMC dr worthwood. His review is super good in many forum. Package also reasonable 688 from my first visit about 14th week.
He also advised me to do harmony test. So I did the test on Monday. His harmony only charge me 1391, I saw many doctors charge above 2k in other forum. Next week result will be out. Hope everything Okie. I am so far happy with his consultation.

@starrymommy it's good for you to rest more now. For me, I jst attended my 1st prenatal education class which conducted by Mrs Wong Boh Boi this afternoon. I find it's quite useful especially for those 1st time mummy like me. Hehe

Hi Starrymommy and all mummies,
Thanks for your advices. I switch to Chuachukang TMC dr worthwood. His review is super good in many forum. Package also reasonable 688 from my first visit about 14th week.
He also advised me to do harmony test. So I did the test on Monday. His harmony only charge me 1391, I saw many doctors charge above 2k in other forum. Next week result will be out. Hope everything Okie. I am so far happy with his consultation.

I seeing same gynae too :)

Anyone bought stuff from mummy market preorder?

Heeeheee I just bought imama hipseat
It's cheap but not sure good anot
I angel still abit ex
I went to one of the talk n they share about bb wearing. They say hip seats not very good. I also got a imama before the talk. After the talk I don't know what to do with it Liao. I bought a Hana wrap for bb wearing and looking into those ergo carriers

Hey hey, I'm looking at mothercare pre order site and a couple of the deals also not bad. They have ergobaby and bjorn also. Very keen in the tommee tippee bundle. Think this is the best price I've seen so far. Likely gonna get it.

I am also keen in the Hana wrap but wonder if I will know how to use it or not haha. Look a bit warm in SG to use it haha

Last edited:
There have been a lot of articles going around saying bjorn carriers not good...something abt affecting the baby's hips...So I sold mine away... I'm using becco carrier now... Very comfy...

Oh I think I know what articles you mean. There was a period of time so many posts on Fb talking about how the hips and legs of baby can grow oddly if regularly being carried in the bjorn carrier

Hey hey, I'm looking at mothercare pre order site and a couple of the deals also not bad. They have ergobaby and bjorn also. Very keen in the tommee tippee bundle. Think this is the best price I've seen so far. Likely gonna get it.

I am also keen in the Hana wrap but wonder if I will know how to use it or not haha. Look a bit warm in SG to use it haha
I tried it during the last expo fair. Quite easy to use.

I went to one of the talk n they share about bb wearing. They say hip seats not very good. I also got a imama before the talk. After the talk I don't know what to do with it Liao. I bought a Hana wrap for bb wearing and looking into those ergo carriers

Why not good? Coz of the seating of the baby?

How come I don't feel anything? Now is 19weeks, still can't feel the kicks? Also no MS, no special craving for food, not tired, not sleepy, nothing.
Should I be worried for not feel anything?

How come I don't feel anything? Now is 19weeks, still can't feel the kicks? Also no MS, no special craving for food, not tired, not sleepy, nothing.

U r one of the lucky one! As long as scan shows okay, nothing to worry about.. my MS eased off too this week. I feel muchhhh better! :)

The kicks not strong. Very faint. U can feel some movement in your lower tummy. Like very strong pulse.

I sleep a lot n get tired easily. I also have no special food cravings. In fact I start to lose interest in food. Backache like mad. Skin worse than ever. Sleep not so good too. Feel warmer in air con room that I need to sleep naked else cannot sleep lol

Back