(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Hello I'm fr Nov thread...am going the helper route too. I did explore infant care and caring off a nanny during my confinement month. But in the end I turned down both available spots cos I actually trusted my Filipino helper the most...I observed her and realised she really has a heart for my baby and the skills (she bathes baby better than I do), so I'm happy to leave baby in her care when I go back to work in Feb :)
Hi, Is ur maid new to the family or before ur baby was born?

Hi, Is ur maid new to the family or before ur baby was born?

Hi...she joined us Aug 2014, 2 mths before i delivered. It was planned that she would look after baby when born...but I got cold feet once baby was born n went looking for other options! What changed the picture was I had this great CL who struck up good rapport w my helper n 'trained' her on how to take care of baby. My helper was always a good housekeeper n good attitude since she came...it's just she never take care of infants b4 n so I was super worried n looked for alternatives. I bought surveillance camera long time ago...but I think I won't b using it when I go back to work...I trust her n wldnt want to marr the relationship by setting it up...

I have put my name in infant care wait list.

There is an IFC at my void deck and apart from the sickness part, I observed that the babies are quite well taken care of.

My friend put her girl in IFC and her experience is v positive.

I placed my #1 in ifc since he is 4mth old. Yes initial stage they will get sick easily but it's part and parcel of building up their immune system.
I find that my boy learns more and are more friendly when he goes to ifc.

Any mummies hire helper to take care of baby after maternity leave?

I only hired a helper after I was pregnant with my 2nd one..mainly to handle household chores. My #1 was taken care by my mum and mil then at 18 months, I sent him to cc. He fell sick easily when he went to school but after he was okay. I felt that it is good that he attends cc coz he learns alot of things in school. He is more willing to learn from the teachers and friends. Good exposure and experience.

Didn't put him in infant care coz I felt that he was too young and also IF is so exp. Since I have his grandparents to help, why not?

I placed my #1 in ifc since he is 4mth old. Yes initial stage they will get sick easily but it's part and parcel of building up their immune system.
I find that my boy learns more and are more friendly when he goes to ifc.
Is there any difference between private and pcf?

Hi ladies

I would like to ask how much we can claim from medisave for normal delivery at hospital(excludes doctor delivery fee)
And what is antenatal medical expenses?what does it mean?

Thanks.

Did anyone see dr Benjamin tham and delivered at TCM?
Can share the final bill size for reference?

Whats different btw premium single and standard single?
Which room you would advise to choose?

Thanks a lot

Sorry I seldom come in to check. I'll add all of you soon when I'm at my comp. Pls ensure ur fb security setting allows me to add u as friend first. Thank you

Hi, sorry I have been very busy, now that i have started working and also my LO needs more attention from me now.

I have sent friend requests to add those who have requested to be added. If you did not receive any friend request from me (Leong Winnie), it means I cannot find your email when I do a search. You need to change your privacy setting so that I can add you. Then you post a reply again with your email address (so that I don't have to look through all the posts for your email) and I'll try again.

Thank you

Started feeding my gal last fortnight with pumpkin porridge, added peanuts (for flavor) and bits of broccoli. Earlier on when she turned 4mths is ground brown rice mixed with chinese herbs (my mum got it at herb shop) with my BM. Oh ya!! apples and avocados too!!

A spoonful of whatever soup (except tonic soup) cooked during dinner for her to taste diff flavor

normally onli weekends for porridge when im around, weekdays alternate brown rice /w BM, and full BM.

never believed in any canned/ready food so no brands on feeding except the small round milk biscuit (wang zai xiao man dou).. haha! she can take the whole thing and munch on it:p

Hi, is any mummies out there feed their baby with enfamil milk powder? When is the right time to change to stage 2? My baby is 6 months 2 weeks plus old now.

Hi, is any mummies out there feed their baby with enfamil milk powder? When is the right time to change to stage 2? My baby is 6 months 2 weeks plus old now.
Hi Hi angel_loi mummy...

My baby drink enfamil de... change once she turn 6mths+few days old le...

So far ok.. as in taste in milk pwd & her poo... nothing different.. hope my info helps.. :)

@Xp

Thanks for the info. Mine still BF plus FM.. Still got few tin of stage 1 with me. Think gonna change stage 2 once my LO finish up all. :)

@Xp

Thanks for the info. Mine still BF plus FM.. Still got few tin of stage 1 with me. Think gonna change stage 2 once my LO finish up all. :)
Yes Yes...finish up first bah!! Very expensive!! :p

Should be ok de. Coz my gal that time also like that. As in, sch still drinking S1 but at home already change to S2... coz the balance we bring to sch to finish... :)

nope! dun wan her to go thru so much tests. Imagine how our mum fed us back in the past. My mum did advise me on reactions to look out for and gav me a list of consumables items that my gal can consume.

trick is small portion (eg, lesser than 1/4 teaspoon), look out for adverse reaction eg, swollen lips, crankiness within 30min of feed. Every feed dun exceed your baby's fist, thats how big their mini stomach is.

Fed her sweet potato porridge last sun, ended up with a gassy baby on the following day! hahaha! My mum n hub warned me about tat but pity her on pumpkin porridge so changed to sweet potato instead.

Trying to get her to know mealtime whenever I can. Was having dinner and fed her bananas at the table, she ate 1/4 of the banana. Wanted some more but I stopped her.

hello everyone! I just started cereal for my baby this afternoon! he is 6mt and 1 week. I only gave him like a few teaspoon and he totally hate it!
I wonder if anyone has any tricks to make babies more interested in spoon feeding?

and anyone successfully added into the fb or WA chat? is it still active?

My baby is 6months old. I started cereal for her when she was about 4 months plus. Used a guide of 2 spoons of cereal mixed with water/BM and slowly increased to 4 spoonful after a few feeds.

Babybear33, when I started feeding my baby, she wasn't very much interested as they do not know how to use their tongue reflex to swallow the food yet. It gets better after a few feeds :)
Otherwise, maybe you can try to buy other type of cereal and see if your baby likes it? You can slowly mix the cereal flavours around so that you don't waste the old one.

Back