6 Weeks scan

Completely normal, she is still in the early stages. You would have seen the sack yesterday and won't see the fetus developing with obvious features after 10 weeks or in the early 2nd trimester. Not to worry ;)

Suggest you download the 'baby centre' app or sign up on their website, http://www.babycentre.co.uk/ you'll be able to track development etc there

Gynae was telling us that should see baby already and told us to come again in two weeks. And if by then still can see baby then it's no good. So disheartening, we couldn't sleep the whole night.

Continue talking to your beanie and pray that he/she is growing well. We know that anything can happen from hereon but the faith and positivity play an important part. And yes some beanies develop slower so continue to have faith.

Gynae was telling us that should see baby already and told us to come again in two weeks. And if by then still can see baby then it's no good. So disheartening, we couldn't sleep the whole night.
1st 12 wks are the most critical and there is really nothing much you can do but hope for the best ... so dun get too stress up over it ...

Tell your wife not to worry and stress unnecessarily, not good for her and more so for the baby! I'm sure everything is ok, early days yet...you won't see that little head, hands and feet bobbing up and down until a few more weeks pass. Look after your wife, and all the best with the next appointment.
Like PTB7674 said, first trimester's important.

When I went scanning at w5, all I see was a water bag no yolk. I fixed another appt at 6w2d and saw my baby flickering heartbeat.
Sometimes it is hard to know when baby develop heartbeat.
But I am sure by w8 you should see all the necessary heartbeat and beanie. Stay optimistic and don't give up.

Hi,

We went for another U/S last night, found the fetal pole this time but no heatbeat. Doc is asking us to go for another scan in the hospital to confirm before deciding to go for D&C. At a lost right now, wife seems perfectly alright, no bleeding n pain and now suddenly we are told maybe baby is gone.

How far along is your wifey? Doc will always paint the worst pic for just in case. But some beanies are late developers and Ive heard someone says hers was 8-9weeks then can see heartbeat.

Suggest you go to another doc to scan. Get a 2nd opinion first before what's to be decided next. Good luck.

Seeing the sac and the fetal pole is a good sign. Did the gynae measure the fetal pole , is it growing well?

I suggest you not to wait any longer. Go to another gynae for verification. It's 10w in a few days time.

Don't lose hope, miracles do happen. All the best.

Last edited:

Back