2WW - for those TTC-ing

@franch , hey babe, first of all, big hugs to you. If u need to cry, just vent it out loud. I find that after crying out loud, there is a calm that sweeps over which really feels good.

Secondly, like redvel said, please nourish your body with the right food & supplements to make it strong again.

Thirdly, I think you should try iui again. My gf succeeded on 3rd try so it's possible.

Take care babe!

hi all, so i'll explain what happened to me. Went for my beta BT on mon n was told that they detected hcg but the level was low for 19dpiui. The nurse sounded very concerned over the phone so I knew it wasn't right. Didn't know whether to be happy that there was a chance of pregnancy or be worried. They wanted to see if the level wld rise after 2 days so did a 2nd BT on wed but sadly the number fell drastically. So nurse told me that a miscarriage was impending n to expect bleeding over the next few days. Was at work when the nurse called me with the news so i had to compose myself, only teared a bit. But i cried as soon as i left office n was so relieved to see my hubby at the end of the day cos he is my pillar of strength thru this whole thing. After that bout of crying, i feel much better now. I believe things happen for a reason so i guess it was just not meant to be.

Meanwhile, I've been cramping very badly since yesterday, sort of like shooting pains at times. But no bleeding yet, only had 1 bright red spot yesterday when i wiped. took a day off today to rest emotionally n physically. my doc review is on wed so we'll decide what to do from there. not sure to head for ivf or try iui again.

Sorry to hear that. Hugs

Hi ladies..im a new patient under Dr Tan although im not a new patient of IVF..
I have visited Dr Tan just this thurs and gone thru my previous ivf failure and discuss how are we going to proceed next.. im quite comfy with him as he is frank n really tey his best to clear my doubts..as im spotting on off, therefore he try to regulate my menses (spotting when i seen him tht day). He has prescribe me dydrogesterone (2week supply) n letrozole (D2-D6) for this cycle.. he told me tht by taking dydrogesterone to stop menzes n menses shld come after the 2 weeks supply.
Now, after few days of dydrogesterone, i suddenly come menses today so im confused whether wht should i do? Shld i take letrozole tml or ?? My flow in the noon is normal.. now start to lighten?? Can anyone advise or does anyone has dr tan email or contact.. im at my end wits..

Hi ladies, I am very very grateful to share with your that I tested a faint positive yesterday morning. It is like a dream come true for me, a dream that I almost thought will not happen to me. Even typing this, makes me feel like crying. I am just cautiously happy at the moment because it is like super early stage now. All I wish for, is this to be smooth and everything to be fine. I constantly worries about what is going on inside and whether beanie is well. I just hope my beanie will be safe, healthy and happy.

Lots of baby dust to everyone here.

I understand your pain and lost and the tears from every AF so well.. I tried for like 10months, with long cycles, all the BBT and OPK. Just want to tell everyone to hang on tightly, that day will surely come. With the festive season, let us all graduate!

Jia you, ladies! *buckets of baby dust*

Congrats!! so happy for you!!

thanks all for your recent concerns and well wishes. I saw Dr Tan HH at KKH yesterday for the review n i feel more assured after the consultation. i made the decision to take a step away from ttc for the next couple of months cos i feel emotionally drained from the recent early m/c. i will see him again in march n decide if i wanna do iui again or go further with ivf. for now, if it happens, it happens. i even stopped my daily bbt monitoring since the m/c. think i just need to de-stress for a while before resuming.

13dpo today. Af never comes later than 14dpo. I have very light spotting since 12dpo and tapered off today. But I always have heavy spotting by now. (My af never arrives with a bang. Always 2-3days at least of heavy spot first). But now my panty liner is clean (tmi). My last bfp I had implantation spotting on 11dpo.

Not bbting so no temp to refer to. If I still don't spot tomorrow I will poas on 15dpo. But if heavy spot, then take my post as singing. Lol.

13dpo today. Af never comes later than 14dpo. I have very light spotting since 12dpo and tapered off today. But I always have heavy spotting by now. (My af never arrives with a bang. Always 2-3days at least of heavy spot first). But now my panty liner is clean (tmi). My last bfp I had implantation spotting on 11dpo.

Not bbting so no temp to refer to. If I still don't spot tomorrow I will poas on 15dpo. But if heavy spot, then take my post as singing. Lol.
Good luck redvel!! Waiting for ur bbdust. :)

Franch, am good to hear you found comfort and hopefully answers to some of your concerns you've been wanting to hear, from your doc. I remember I was very much looking forward to post-mc session with my doc. It's a kind of closure (though closure means different things to different people) we seek for.

I certainly think a break is nice for you both now. Go slow and with the festivity going on, just soak in the moments and remind each other of all things cherishable...counting our blessings everyday. Ttc is just a part of our journey.

Franch, take a break. Go do the stuff u like. Treat urself and hubbt a nice dinner. Its not easy to let it go so just keep it in a corner of yr heart and move on.. I am sure one day rainbow baby will come. Be strong ya.

Hope for the best.... :)

Every month we all hope for the best!

Maybe all false alarm like any other cycles la. Actually I scared its menopause that af doesn't show up in time. I'm never late one.... I'm in 40s. Don't know is it menopause comes early!

Every month we all hope for the best!

Maybe all false alarm like any other cycles la. Actually I scared its menopause that af doesn't show up in time. I'm never late one.... I'm in 40s. Don't know is it menopause comes early!
Hi, I had that worry just after I signed my consent to start ivf. my af went missing and only comes after 50+ days and it's not just 1 but 2 cycles. so when I went back to see dr yu, she immediately do a scan for me and after that she says my af will come, so either I wait or I can take med to induce. I waited for a week, never come, so I took the med and it really came and after that I started this cycle. I did asked dr y, she just says it's due to hormones, not menopausing yet... so dun worry too much, I'm nearing 40 too

Thanks for sharing angelbaby. I'm still waiting (hopefully not too long) for af to show. Still got light spotting on n off. Crampy.

Hi all,
I got a very faint line on those 50cents test strips. Does anyone know if i m pregnant? Could it be a false positive?

Should i see a gynea or do a blood test. Does anyone know if i can just walk in to any hospital to do a blood test and get results on same day?

Thank you:)

As long got line.. this means u r preg. U should wait 3 more days and test if the line gets darker. Unless u have complications. . Otherwise book gynae 3 weeks later cos now u r only 4 weeks. Cannot see anything also. 3 weeks later maybe can see heartbeat which is what u wanna see.. many go very early and ends up seeing nothing and give themselves a good scares. So my suggestion is 3 weeks later see gyane.

Hi all,
I got a very faint line on those 50cents test strips. Does anyone know if i m pregnant? Could it be a false positive?

Should i see a gynea or do a blood test. Does anyone know if i can just walk in to any hospital to do a blood test and get results on same day?

Thank you:)

u r preggie... may wish to repeat the test say 3 days later with clear blue digital :) in thr meantime do take good care ya

Hi all, just an update that i got my bfp 2 weeks ago, its my number 2 and ive been trying for 6 months, strike on 7th month. Today is my 6th week and my first gynae appt is 5 jan.

Some tip which i find might helps:
I didnt take cold drink throughout the entire month and didnt take food that are 'liang' in nature and also fruits. BD on alternate days after menses ended till ovulation date.

Baby dust to all!

Congrats. I think many ladies here are doing that and even more. Sometimes there's no perfect formula. It's all about THE timing.

CD4 for me today. And looking forward to Christmas.

Congrats. I think many ladies here are doing that and even more. Sometimes there's no perfect formula. It's all about THE timing.

CD4 for me today. And looking forward to Christmas.

Nice to hear you. I was hoping to hear your good news. Anyway, cd4 is new cycle and we can start again! Ya agree it is fated, i only did once on my bfp cycle. Jyjy and wait for ur good news!

Thanks Shirley Gamma Catherine for the information! Couldnt wait no more so i went to raffles hospital clinic to get a bhcg test(1 hour waiting time) got 134 so shld be newly preg(4wks)

30012011: gd advice! I ll follow from now onwards:)

I must say i have been really bad,taking cold drinks, went hot yoga, drank coffee and alcohol, ate lots of sashimi....did all the wrong things..! Wanted to enjoy my holi hehe...

Everyone jiayou jiayou hope to hear more gd news:))

Thanks Shirley Gamma Catherine for the information! Couldnt wait no more so i went to raffles hospital clinic to get a bhcg test(1 hour waiting time) got 134 so shld be newly preg(4wks)

I must say i have been really bad,taking cold drinks, went hot yoga, drank coffee and alcohol, ate lots of sashimi....did all the wrong things..! Wanted to enjoy my holi hehe...

Congrats babe too!

Drinking coffee or taking raw food are not wrong things la :) my first pregnancy i also didnt care much until im trying for my number 2 and realised its tougher, so taking warm drinks etc is just to ensure a conducive environment for ttc or when the little one comes along. Im just sharing what i did cos each n everyone is different. Anyway, Enjoy and take care!

My AF is late for 3 days. I'm very scare of testing it. I did it on Sunday and it was negative. I have been disappointed for so many months and I'm very nervous this time, thou is my #2. Plus I had a mc mid this year and I really worry it will happen again.

And I'm seeing my gynae later this week for my hormones test result. I don't know should I tell him about my AF being late cos if this time really preg I may not go back to him anymore.

Sometimes u tested too early may result in negative too. Don't be scare. Test again or do a bloid test since u r going gyane. At least u have a closure. U can always choose a gyane u r comfortable with even after u tested positive in his clinic. Jia You!!

@shirleyten thanks for your encourage words. Ya I know is too early to test on Sunday but too anxious then and don't know y after testing it lead to a fear in me. Actually I'm very comfortable with my current gynae (we share the same religion and somehow I feel closer to God with him) but He is too expensive to afford.

@shirleyten thanks for your encourage words. Ya I know is too early to test on Sunday but too anxious then and don't know y after testing it lead to a fear in me. Actually I'm very comfortable with my current gynae (we share the same religion and somehow I feel closer to God with him) but He is too expensive to afford.
Who is ur gynae? Anw I agree with Shirley... trust that God is looking out for u. It's not His will for u to have fear.

Who is ur gynae? Anw I agree with Shirley... trust that God is looking out for u. It's not His will for u to have fear.

@chloe_ng my gynae is Dr Douglas Ong at Mt E. His package which I last heard from my Fren who just gave birth is 2k+ nearly 3k after 20 weeks. Yes God has a good plan for me.

Last edited:

Hey, drinking cold drinks, coffee and sashimi is ok.

My gynae told me I can eat anything I want (back then, before I was found to have GDM and hence, gotta cut down on refined carbs and sugary food).

Caffeine - 1-2 cups a day is ok.

Alcohol.. no mention of it but I did drink a small amt on some occasions.

biggest congrats to fourleavesclover and 30012011!!! early Christmas prezzie to both of you eh? :p Time to start sourcing for a gynae.... and remember to take your folic acids even before the visit ya!! now is the most impt time to take....

Hi all.. New here. I'm married for 2 yrs and ttc since more than half a yr ago. But no news yet.
Yest AF reports and it hits me real hard this time that i cried. Hope to give each other moral support here. Jia you :)

Hi all.. New here. I'm married for 2 yrs and ttc since more than half a yr ago. But no news yet.
Yest AF reports and it hits me real hard this time that i cried. Hope to give each other moral support here. Jia you :)

I have been trying for the 6th month. If I are worry u can go take the nessarary test, get a O kit, do a trial and error with your O day and of course relax. Yes I know is tough to relax when people u know n don't know tell I that they are preg. And walking on the street U see people heavily preg. Let Jia you together and Merry Christmas.

i think 6months still ok..for me i TTC for almost for a yr, still no good news..
just book gynac appt next weekend to check out for fertility treatment

Hi ladies... anyone with Dr Tan??

I want to speak to him but the nurses refuse to let me speak to him.

I went to see him the last appt and give duphaston & letzorele and im spotting even though im on duphaston:confused::confused:
i dont knw what to do... :oops::oops:
Im v fustrated and lost i really dont knw wht to do....:(:(:(:(

So you prefer McDonald's or Burger King? Ok trying to be funny.

Welcome.

I think ttc anxiety is really something personal...regardless of length of trying. Your disappointment is valid. Hugs. Nevertheless, many of the ladies have been trying for years and surely god has plans for each and everyone.

Like to share how old are you and if you're planning to seek any fertility checks?

Both me and hubby 32 yrs old.. I guess I'm feeling extremely disappointed this round cuz my last cycle was late and that kinda gave me hope. So when AF came, i was sooo down. Thought can have a x'mas gift. Haha..

Both me and hubby 32 yrs old.. I guess I'm feeling extremely disappointed this round cuz my last cycle was late and that kinda gave me hope. So when AF came, i was sooo down. Thought can have a x'mas gift. Haha..
i think you are still consider young... i'm 31yrs old, and my SO is 34yrs old...

I went to see him the last appt and give duphaston & letzorele and im spotting even though im on duphaston:confused::confused:
I'm not with him but What's up? Are u on a ivf cycle? What dpo are u?

hi wondersss
it has been so long i have not been here. i am still here, still trying after more than 2 yrs of marriage. I also see Dr Tan HH. Sorry i can't help u with the medicine cos i have not taken that duphaston. U may want to tell the nurse your situation and let them speak to dr tan and get them to call u back?
i truly understand your frustration. do u wanna do a research online to check if there is some one with e same situation as yours while waiting for dr tan to get back to u? hope u are doing well. all e best to u. not sure when will i log in again. all my old friends were gone.. felt so lonely here.. :( still not pregnant. :(

hey chloe, he is preparing me for the next ivf cycle but bcos of my irregular cycle, he put me on duphaston & letzorele to regulate for this cycle first. Turn out i keep spotting and spotting even on duphaston.
The nurse told me just finish the duphaston and AF will come. I will i sound abit panicky but i totally cant differ btw spotting and my real AF.. How can i spot for 2 weeks?

hi wondersss
it has been so long i have not been here. i am still here, still trying after more than 2 yrs of marriage. I also see Dr Tan HH. Sorry i can't help u with the medicine cos i have not taken that duphaston. U may want to tell the nurse your situation and let them speak to dr tan and get them to call u back?
i truly understand your frustration. do u wanna do a research online to check if there is some one with e same situation as yours while waiting for dr tan to get back to u? hope u are doing well. all e best to u. not sure when will i log in again. all my old friends were gone.. felt so lonely here.. :( still not pregnant. :(

Hi Emily, hugs... im trying for almost 6-7 yrs so dont give up ok... all my friends in this thread already bfp and some is having their 3rd one.. so haixx.. wht can i say? jus continue to work hard lo.. U jiayou also ok.. DUN GIVE UP!~

hey chloe, he is preparing me for the next ivf cycle but bcos of my irregular cycle, he put me on duphaston & letzorele to regulate for this cycle first. Turn out i keep spotting and spotting even on duphaston.
The nurse told me just finish the duphaston and AF will come. I will i sound abit panicky but i totally cant differ btw spotting and my real AF.. How can i spot for 2 weeks?
How many ivf cycles have u done already? I agree that u shud tell the nurse ur situation and hope he calls u back. If not, u can try to insist on getting the next avail slot with him. The bad thing abt public hospitals is that they can be a bit bochup. U can visit a pvte gynae for a second opinion, and peace of mind.

chloe, i only did once 2 yrs back and my menses nvr gone bk to normal :(
I even seen TCM Dr CQM taking her medicine but still very light flow. Now, i went to the toilet and saw red blood liao but still light as it doesnt stain the panty liner at all.
Spoken to the Staff nurse, she did comfort me and ask me to monitor. Meanwhile i try to do a pregnancy test to make sure im not pregnant before taking letzorele. (which i think im not la)

Back