managing maid who is in stress

mamasg

Can anyone advice why some maids cry when they are stress? I don't actually give more work to my maid and she is new in sg, previously working take care of old folk, and now in sg managing housework and take care of little one. Some house rules I believe need to be followed. It could be I'm heavily concern w washing clothes and taking care of 6mth old infant diet on daily basis.
So if anyone of u have this kind of 'emotional' maid pls advice me what to do. Looking forward to ur reply.

Hi mamasg, its her first time in sg? Mayb call your agent to talk to her. She can articulate better in her own language. Tell her she will scare the baby kinda of thing when she cries, focus on work n dun think too much. If stress, ask what causes it.. Help her by letting her call hm or translate your timetable or whatever to her language etc..

My ex maid cried easily too. Sent her back agent after four days. Act blur then cry to avoid our assigning of work.

Another one cried every night coz miss hm n bf. She is in daze all the the time coz home sick n love sick.

Thanks for ur reply. She had complaint abt me being 'too control of her in her work.. She is new in Singapore. Currently she stayed w mil (and I'm not a sahm). We talked to her and we dealt with the situation. Indo maids are good just that their work need to be little efficient.. Not sure if u or any mommy agree w me..maybe can share little of ur experience. Appreciate it.

My first maid complained similarly. Said I say this cannot, that not good. But was just wanting to set things right. I got no one at hm during the day.

U got relative who can speak Malay? That may help. Cos us n maid got communication issues, it's not so easy to understand each other.. Let her know the importance of hygiene n sg standards.

My current maid is the third one within 9 months. 4 mths with me now. All are slack. I already 看开. Now I close both eyes. (Fortunately kids all in childcare.) After 4mths my maid still dun wash bottles clean enuf, forget add water to sterilizer, throw away my breast milk, nv do housework properly etc.. 3mths or 6mths later, they will still do wrong.

No point getting angry with maid. Just let them redo. Feel many times 花钱买气受. But Tell myself tahan 2-3 years n out they go.

Back