(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@cynn04, dun worry, after your detail scan you still have another chance to buy a lot of things during baby fair next year jan 2015. lols.......
Anyway, I still have not buy any baby stuff yet ..... stay cool. :cool: But have asked my sister to start to pack her baby stuff that she is going to pass to me. So I'll just see if there any need to buy on my own. :p

Heehee i just cannot resist rompers, i tink newborns look very cute in them! To be honest, i got a tonne of them packed up somewhere, but all pink and girly ones. If this turns out to be a boy, he's gonna be wearing alot of pinks as well lol.

Cynn04 - did you gynae spot anything during the last visit? I also dont know gender yet....got 2 boys now...but want to know only at detail scan.

hi mummies. anyone getting baby carriers for their new born? I am torn between carriers and wraps. even carriers, there are so many brands and i dont know which one is good. anyone got recommendation?

newbiemum80, we will get a Baba sling (that's the brand) as part of our SG50 welcome gift pack so don't get anything first. It's a cross between a sarong sling and a pouch carrier and it's adjustable.

You won't be able to place baby inside those upright carriers during the initial few months also till baby's neck is stronger. Sg is too warm to put additional infant support into the upright carriers so no point spending extra $$ IMO.

cynn04, I was itching to shop before knowing gender, so whacked all the neutral shades first. Haha! And I figured, no harm buying more since friends around me are popping one by one, the extras can be gifted away. :D

cynn04, I was itching to shop before knowing gender, so whacked all the neutral shades first. Haha! And I figured, no harm buying more since friends around me are popping one by one, the extras can be gifted away. :D

Me too... backside sooo itchy when browsing thru qoo10. the rompers and socks are just soooo irresistible. Hehehe... and like what u say, extras can be given away as gifts as I have 5 cousins (both my side and my husband's side) are giving birth next year. So no harm to shop more (hahhaha excuses! !)

Cynn04 - did you gynae spot anything during the last visit? I also dont know gender yet....got 2 boys now...but want to know only at detail scan.

I'll be abt 20wks+ at my detailed scan. My gynae did say like got boy boy parts, but baby keep closing legs tightly so not sure. So all will be disclosed in Jan hehe!

Me too... backside sooo itchy when browsing thru qoo10. the rompers and socks are just soooo irresistible. Hehehe... and like what u say, extras can be given away as gifts as I have 5 cousins (both my side and my husband's side) are giving birth next year. So no harm to shop more (hahhaha excuses! !)

Actually I think I overbought. :p Cannot let hubby know, else he sure nag no end. Got carried away by the online Black Friday sales! Haha!

I was doing some xmas shopping at Vivo City last weekend. Saw lots of sales around and I just realised Vivo City is kids shopping heaven. So many kids boutiques around there. I also cant stop looking at all on sales items, all baby cloths are so cute!!! But too bad, I havnt got to know my baby gender yet. End up I just put bck all the cutie cloths and go away

i will be buying toys that my girls will like when baby arrives. all wrapped up nicely with a big bow - the whole works. lol! and it helps to show them my tummy and let them feel didi moving inside. or allow them to press their ears against the belly to "listen" to didi. sort of like "inception", give them ample time to get used to the idea of having another family member. :D

I am slow in reading through the post. Haha

my hubby also suggested to buy present for #1.
I keep telling #1 tummy gt mei mei. But #1 keep saying di di. But #1 does seems happy to have siblings to play with.

I wan to eat ice cream n cold stuff too!!!

Ask ur mummies if can go for facial during preggy?
This time round e face like ghost :(
A lot pimples popping den takes very very long to go off. Previous pregnancy not like that.

Hi all, i am a new MTB. Due date is around 26/05/15. Now about 17 weeks. going for my detailed scan in 07th Jan at KKH with Dr KC.

Just a few question to ask.
- the last round i went to Dr, he said my bb size is about 10.5cm at 17weeks. Is it considered small?
- have you started booking for post jamu massages? is it home-based or salon type?
- i started to have pain around the tummy area at 16wks. is it considered as braxton hick as per what dr diagnosed?
- what do i need to prepare on the day of hospital admission? bag, diapers, baby clothes, baby sock, ?
- which insurance is the best to go for? AXA, AIA or Prudential

Hi all, i am a new MTB. Due date is around 26/05/15. Now about 17 weeks. going for my detailed scan in 07th Jan at KKH with Dr KC.

- the last round i went to Dr, he said my bb size is about 10.5cm at 17weeks. Is it considered small?
- have you started booking for post jamu massages? is it home-based or salon type?
- i started to have pain around the tummy area at 16wks. is it considered as braxton hick as per what dr diagnosed?
- what do i need to prepare on the day of hospital admission? bag, diapers, baby clothes, baby sock, ?

hello! we are in the same week and EDD around the same - mine is 24th. :)
Paisey, I very newbie also, so can't help you on your questions.

Hi, welcome!

For your questions, your baby size seems good If you have any concern, you can always check with your gynae on the spot.
Jamu massage usually are home based as they tak into consideration that you are on confinement etc. Think you can start looking out for one now. Or no harm waiting till the January Baby fair and go and take a look. There's sure to be alot of massage packages around.
The pain may be BH like what your dr says or just the normal stretching of your uterus as it expands to accommodate baby.
Actually the hospital provides the outfit for the baby. The last time I used the clothings from the hospital and didn't use any of the clothings I brought along.
I didn't take up any insurance for both my kids so can't advise you on that.

Enjoy your pregnancy!

Hi, welcome!

For your questions, your baby size seems good If you have any concern, you can always check with your gynae on the spot.
Jamu massage usually are home based as they tak into consideration that you are on confinement etc. Think you can start looking out for one now. Or no harm waiting till the January Baby fair and go and take a look. There's sure to be alot of massage packages around.
The pain may be BH like what your dr says or just the normal stretching of your uterus as it expands to accommodate baby.
Actually the hospital provides the outfit for the baby. The last time I used the clothings from the hospital and didn't use any of the clothings I brought along.
I didn't take up any insurance for both my kids so can't advise you on that.

Enjoy your pregnancy!

thanks yveyve18 for the information.:)

A lot pimples popping den takes very very long to go off. Previous pregnancy not like that.

I think can bah, but can't do any whitening treatment and avoid lasers and peels etc. for pimples, they should be hormonal since u didn't have them before?

- my baby was also around the same size as yours at 17 weeks. if baby's on the small side, gynae will definitely let you know, so don't worry about that. in fact, it will be a major concern if baby gets too big prior to delivery.
- yes, I have booked. it's a freelance Chinese lady whom I have engaged before during my 2nd confinement. she will come to my place to massage for me.
- is it like a tightening? a hard rock where the uterus is? if so then means it's BH. harmless, just irritating when it comes.
- see here for full info. http://singaporemotherhood.com/articles/2012/10/your-hospital-delivery-bag-checklist/
- didn't get any insurance to cover prenatal and pregnancy period. only after baby is born then we got AIA. both my girls are covered under AIA.

Hmmm... I asked my gynae about doing facial before. He said can, but the only problem is after week 20, we are not supposed to lay on our backs so that will be a problem when doing facial.
I just went last wk when I was 18 wks and after lying there for 1.5hrs, when I tried to get up, my back was OMG painful lo... so I told my salon I am not going anymore till after confinement... I can't take the backache... urgh

- my baby was also around the same size as yours at 17 weeks. if baby's on the small side, gynae will definitely let you know, so don't worry about that. in fact, it will be a major concern if baby gets too big prior to delivery.
- yes, I have booked. it's a freelance Chinese lady whom I have engaged before during my 2nd confinement. she will come to my place to massage for me.
- is it like a tightening? a hard rock where the uterus is? if so then means it's BH. harmless, just irritating when it comes.
- see here for full info. http://singaporemotherhood.com/articles/2012/10/your-hospital-delivery-bag-checklist/
- didn't get any insurance to cover prenatal and pregnancy period. only after baby is born then we got AIA. both my girls are covered under AIA.

thanks starrymommy for the information:)

will you be able to share the massage lady contact?
the pain can be abit hard around the baby area, or when it is bloated, or pain before i want to pass urine. is it normal?

Hi starry n experienced mummies, jus like to check if avent breast pump is good or not. Yday I went shopping and there's this avent promotion quite attractive: single electric breast pump + steriliser + warmer + few milk bottles + some goodies + free playpen at $418.

I checked for reviews but so far nobody commented avent pump is good. Shld I consider or skip this brand? Thanks for ur reply if any

Hi starry n experienced mummies, jus like to check if avent breast pump is good or not. Yday I went shopping and there's this avent promotion quite attractive: single electric breast pump + steriliser + warmer + few milk bottles + some goodies + free playpen at $418.

I checked for reviews but so far nobody commented avent pump is good. Shld I consider or skip this brand? Thanks for ur reply if any

Not sure about new generation Aventis pumps. I tried the older version, dual electric also. I didn't like it.. very bulky and tubing are quite rigid. If not careful the tubing will cause the bottles to fall over, spilling BM. Sold off my set rather quickly then and continued using Medela Freestyle. You can go amazon check out the reviews though.

This time, I've bought Spectra S1 and M1 pumps. A lot of mums in sg have tried and given their thumbs up so I decided to go with that brand.

**edit**
Realize you said single electric. I suggest don't bother. No point having a single electric pump. The avent manual pump is better and so much cheaper. Free shipping from amazon at USD40++ per set only.

hello....not experienced mummy here but my sister advised me against philips avent pump. she bought it for her first born and she says she found the pump very lousy and didn't empty her milk. In the end she had to hand-express her milk to empty the breast. that time she bought it also because it was bundled with the steriliser and stuff so it was a very good value. she sold it off soon after. I think it's not entirely bad but there are definitely better ones out there.

i think it's safe to stick to spectra or medela brand for good reviews. i am probably thinking of getting a medela freestyle, maybe in the January baby fair once i pass my detailed scan mid Jan.

happycsk, I had the same experience with Avent pump. it did not manage to empty my breasts also. and the milk would go underneath the massage cushion and get stuck there. another thumbs down from me because of that. then again, Medela Freestyle's suction also isn't strong enough to fully empty breasts, although it performed better than Avent.

I did some research and came across several reviews from other mums who have tried both Freestyle and Spectra. All have the same comment, that Spectra M1 and S1 helped them pump out more milk in a shorter time compared to Freestyle. So you may want to reconsider your breastpump choice. Another plus point is that even though I purchased BOTH M1 and S1, the total cost is still lesser than that of 1 Freestyle! :)

I jus done my detail scan 3days back, saw bb pee when the dr was scanning... ;p
I been using medela freestyle for 3 years, still as good, but went for servicing once which was quite ex...
I think great eastern insurance got a 1st yr free coverage...i bot it for my 1st 2 kids also, but i think all insurance shld be more or less same....haha. Is the agent's tat is impt wen explaining thoroughly the coverage....

thanks starrymommy. actually i am still contemplating between spectra and medela but leaning more towards medela coz there was a review i read from a blogger who compared both and rated both as on par in terms of performance but price wise definitely spectra wins hands down. Both performance seems great but Spectra seems to have a faster let-down and reduce pump time overall too. however, the review mentioned that the spectra pump can only fit spectra's default bottles and not like medela which can fit any other normal bottles even if it's not the same brand. Does this matter? I'm worried later i regret if i wanna get more bottles for the pump.
haha...but honestly hor i cannot even visualise how is the breastfeeding process gonna be...like all those tubings and stuff, look so complex i dont even know how they work and which parts matters/doesn't matter. I am definitely open to reconsider the breast pump choice since spectra very reasonably priced. haha.

btw can share where you get your spectra from and how much?

I jus done my detail scan 3days back, saw bb pee when the dr was scanning... ;p
I been using medela freestyle for 3 years, still as good, but went for servicing once which was quite ex...
I think great eastern insurance got a 1st yr free coverage...i bot it for my 1st 2 kids also, but i think all insurance shld be more or less same....haha. Is the agent's tat is impt wen explaining thoroughly the coverage....

ohh your detailed scan so early! mine is mid Jan when I'm at around 21 weeks.
Not sure is it required for us to buy insurance for the newborn since Jubilee babies get first year free insurance from great eastern?

happycsk, I have tried the Spectra pump with other bottles eg. Autumnz storage bottles (BPA free). can fit wor. and they are so cheap with several cute designs. can buy from here. http://www.youhaveababy.sg/autumnz-bmilk-storage-bottles-10-btls-lilac-sweeties-p-709.html

I purchased my Spectra M1 from qoo10 at $135, direct from Korea. think price has gone up, but I am not entirely sure.. as for S1, I purchased via another mummy at the spree section of this forum at $295. total only $430, vs Freestyle $599.

ohhh good to know there are other bottles that can fit spectra! i wonder will baby fair be cheaper for spectra or just direct from Korea?
just curious why you buy 2 ah? I suppose S1 is better since it's more exp?
Actually i plan to only bf during maternity leave.
I lug a laptop around for work and rather mobile, so I can't be carrying the pump machine everywhere. plus my office not friendly....no nursing room for me to pump.

happycsk, bought 2 because I will be travelling to and fro my mum's place (my girls' CC is opp her block) and we will have dinner with the family every weeknight. with 3rd baby, I intend to continue with the "tradition" so it makes sense to place a pump at her place rather than I bring to and fro and risk forgetting certain parts.

after ML, I will see how. either get another pump to pump at work desk or just bring pump to and fro. chose S1 because it is hospital grade and has more features like nightlight and massage mode for faster letdown. the nightlight and timer are small things, but an important feature for me when pumping at 2am in the dead of the night! easier to see how long I have been pumping 'cos it is really tempting to close eyes and fall asleep. :)

Thanks starry n happycsk.

Hi starry, u not scare if spectra spoilt n no warranty cos bought from Korea?

I heard there will be a service centre in SG soon. not sure how true? or you can pay more to get local set with 1 year warranty, and seller will help you send to Malaysia's service centre if there is something wrong with it and let you have a replacement set while waiting. just google Spectra Singapore and you will see a lot of local sellers.

for me, I am willing to take the risk, like I did with the Medela Freestyle which I purchased from US.

Haha thanks starry. I found this seller gracias shepherd who seems to be doing pre order for S1 and price is reasonable. Think I will KIV and decide on one after my detailed scan....which still seems so faraway! I really miss seeing little one on scan and can't wait for May to come.

I also heard bout the gd reviews of spectra.. I waiting for my colleague to feedback on the power...lol. Been bringing my freestyle out wherever i went, so aso thinking of getting another spare pump.. Bot my freestyle aso from US luckily can service in sg, but the cost not worth(spare parts tubing all very ex compared to other brands)..

Starrymommy,i aso first time saw bb pee, jus like sudden faint line near his birdie..den dr say is pee....i duno how to differentiate aso... Haha. The nurses at TMC ask me schedule the detail scan ard 20weeks (maybe cos i din took OSCAR) ..

Hmmm... I asked my gynae about doing facial before. He said can, but the only problem is after week 20, we are not supposed to lay on our backs so that will be a problem when doing facial.
I just went last wk when I was 18 wks and after lying there for 1.5hrs, when I tried to get up, my back was OMG painful lo... so I told my salon I am not going anymore till after confinement... I can't take the backache... urgh

Thank you starrymommy and yveyve18 for replies.
Hmm gt point backache.
This time round gt baby girl no back ache yet. Cross fingers. Haha
Previously with my first boy gt terrible back ache.

I nt sure about the size of baby.my doc at kkh doesn't measure after 14 wks.

For my previous pregnancy I book jamu massage at home. 10 session. I think about $550 I paid 3 yrs ago.

During my last admission I bring a pair of cloths for myself and baby to change when going home. I think its call mittens those use to cover baby hands n feet? I also bring those. Diapers, milk, pad, provided by kk, chargable to your bill. Nurse will advise you to breast feed.

Personally I applied for prudential prufirst gift which is insurance for mama n unborn baby.

Past 2days I have been feeling movements in my tummy area but not sure if thats baby movements.. haha hope it is! My appt is still in 1wk time.

I have yet to research pump etc. My hubby is going to USA in January. Anyone has recommendation what to get from there? I thot of stroller and breast pump.. heard much cheaper there.

Back