TOA PAYOH mummies

Hi mummies, I just wanted to share my experience with the childcare located inside Safra Toa Payoh. I dun wanna name the sch.It may be different now I dunno.

When we were preparing to return to Sg from overseas, we needed to find a cc for my boy to go to since I was going to return back to work full-time. We went to see the cc and thought it was OK so we decided to enroll since there was still space. Little did we expect that the experience was so terrible for us(as parents) and esp for my boy...so much so that even until now, whenever we go near there, he will cry and want to get out of Safra even though we r not going to the cc.

As a first time parent, I had no idea what to look out for in the cc except that it has to be clean, etc.We overlooked the fact that we should actually find out more how the children interact with the teachers and how the trs handle the children.Later, I realised we nv got to see these coz sch visit are only allowed during their naptime or on sat when there r less kids around.

The first day was already pretty chaotic and we wont even greeted by my boy's form tr...we were totally lost. 2nd day was worse, 2 trs with 4 toddlers(including my son)...the trs actually didnt notice my boy running off towards the deep pool. 3rd day...a girl in the class was so tired that she was crying but the tr didnt take the mattress out coz "it's not time yet". I mean I really felt sorry for the girl coz they are barely 18mth old children then. We had many issues with the way the trs handled new pupils coming in and of course the crying.Plus...felt that the classroom was so bare, it doesnt even have alot of "toys/activities" to engage/distract the children. He's a very happy boy.But after going there, everyday he comes home looking very sad and hardly a smile.And he will refuse to go to sch.I seriously wonders what actually happens in there after the first 3 days that I was there.

After a painful 1.5mths there, we decided the best thing to do for my boy was to take him out and go to another school. My boy is now going to MFS at Kim Keat Ave and he's so happy. We r also very glad we made the right decision.The trs there are very professional and handle the children very well.Although there r more children per class, they r so much happier.And the tr even updates us what happens in sch regularly.

Btw, while my boy was in the other sch for 1.5 mths..we nv heard frm the trs nor saw any "work" coming home.But in MFS, we see it so often.They even have parent-guided activity for us to do w our LOs at home.My boy has been attending MFS since April.

This is just my own personal experience la.:)

Hi Mummies,

Any child care to intro in toa payoh? Any one been to wesley child care at blk 44? Need ur advices and recommendation... Thank you mummies

Any mummies send kids to Raffles House Preschool in TPY HSR there?
I need some feedback on it.
Thk to switch my son to here when K2...Thx in adv...

Hi Mummies here~
My kids will be staying with my MIL who is residing in Toa Payoh during the upcoming school holidays, and I happened to receive this flyer the other day regarding a holiday workshop for kids. Looks interesting to me. and it's held in a music school in the vicinity. Anyone interested in sending their kids together for this? I have the details on the flyer, maybe can pm me if u would like to know more? I'm not sure if I can post them here.

Hi Toa Payoh Mummies,

Happened to see this posts. I am not 2006 Mums but a 2015 MTB :)I also live in Toa Pyh. Already signed up to have waiting list for childcare at Tpy central My First Skool. Hopefully when my child is 18 months old, got a place for him there. Very surprised that although Toa Pyh is old mature estate with mostly the elderly, yet infant care and child care ctrs are full house! ~^o^

Hi everyone, I just chanced upon this thread. I have been staying in TPY since young. I have 3 kids who are 5, 3 and 1 respectively.

I am thinking of signing up my 3 year old for a music class. How is Medley Music School at SAFRA TPY? The fees are a bit steep, so hope to gather some feedback before we sign him up.

Hi everyone, I just chanced upon this thread. I have been staying in TPY since young. I have 3 kids who are 5, 3 and 1 respectively.

I am thinking of signing up my 3 year old for a music class. How is Medley Music School at SAFRA TPY? The fees are a bit steep, so hope to gather some feedback before we sign him up.

Hi Cotmate,

We previously let my boy try the toddler music class when he was about 18mths but he didnt really like it. Think coz it's more formal so he didnt find it very fun.And the opportunities to play on the instrument during the class is very little.1 or 2 set to go around a class of 8 or 10 kids. Now at 28mths, he is attending kindermusik@Jedize. He enjoys it very much and instruments are plentiful- set for LO & set for parent.

Starting him on Soft Mozart program with kindermusik soon. It's a keyboard program.U can call them for trial classes before u decide.

Thank you Jeanie23. I will check out Kindermusik too. Have to take into account his siblings' classes' timings and locations as well. Not an easy jigsaw puzzle to put together...

Hi mummies, chanced upon this group thou im also not a 2006 mum. My 4yr old girl jus tranferred from Deerland at Blk199 (full day cc) to PCF (2hrs).. Jus to share if anyone looking for full day can consider deerland, thou its quite far in the estate of tpy north, but the sch is clean and teachers are actively involved.
My 18mth old jus enroll to Blk 149 star tots playground (new branch at tpy), dirty classroom, 1st day of school everything in a mess that y only 7 students!!!! 3rd day they class wasnt open till 1hr later (parents waited outside, no explaination given den left), sigh.... Agree that its really a long queue in the waiting list of CC in tpy, so have to continue,wait and see, hopefully the perm teacher for this playground is better, and punctual, and that they can clean up the small 'class'. Regretted that i did not check thoroughly with the school before enrolling my kid...
Saw some post that some teachers n kids at the school dont have the 'chemistry' amongst them, i also saw the school at safra whereby the teachers dont even smile... @.@

Hi Cotmate,

We previously let my boy try the toddler music class when he was about 18mths but he didnt really like it. Think coz it's more formal so he didnt find it very fun.And the opportunities to play on the instrument during the class is very little.1 or 2 set to go around a class of 8 or 10 kids. Now at 28mths, he is attending kindermusik@Jedize. He enjoys it very much and instruments are plentiful- set for LO & set for parent.

Starting him on Soft Mozart program with kindermusik soon. It's a keyboard program.U can call them for trial classes before u decide.

I also tried kindermusik before they set up a sch in tpy, was fun with the kids (she was ard 18mths old then)..now my 4yr old is with Christofori at junction8 (little mozart), they have promo $599 (keyboard + 20 lessons).. So just try see how much she can absorb, or maybe have interest in, but seems like my kid cant stick her butt to the chair.... :(

Hi mommies, I'm a new mom staying at tpy for a couple of yrs alrdy. My boy is currently at sparkletots blk 146 cos it's really convenient for us. He's also attending kindermusik. I was apprehensive at first abt sending him there cos he alrdy has swimming and I don't really like to overload him but my mom was raving abt it (she heard from her colleagues) plus it's super near her plc so we brought him for a trial and my son loved it. So I guess I have become one of those kiasu mom :X

Nice to meet everyone :)

Happy to chance upon this thread. Has anyone has any experience with Ma Kuang Chinese Medicine & Research Centre Pte Ltd
at Blk 177. Is it a good TCM reliable one. Hope to hear from you. Thank you.

All Toa Payoh Mummies,

I am looking for a Chinese babysitter to take care my 5 months old baby on May onward...

Please PM me if you know anyone can help.

Thanks !

Hi Toa Payoh Mummies,

I'm looking for a patient and good swimming instructor for my 2 girls aged 6 & 4. Can anyone recommend?
Anyone tried The fins swim school at Toa Payoh Safra? Is it good?
I'm also on a lookout for Maths private home tutor for my 6 year old girl. If there's anyone who has someone to recommend, appreciate that you can share your contact.
Thanks a lot!

Hi
I would like to form a support group for toa payoh and nearby mummies. Anybody interested? We can come out for playgroups with our kids/babies and also advices on parenting etc. Please PM me or email me [email protected] if you are keen.

Hello! My boy is attending Sparkletots pcf for N1. I'm considering a change of environment. Does any mummy have review of MFS at TPY central?

Hello! My boy is attending Sparkletots pcf for N1. I'm considering a change of environment. Does any mummy have review of MFS at TPY central?
Hihi my boy is now in MFS Tpy central. There are now 12 babies to 2 to 3 teachers. There will be at least 1 Mandarin speaking teacher each day. I would say it depends on babies as some babies fall sick easily in ifc. My boy is quite ok and adapts well in school with his classmates. There are scheduled games and story telling etc on each day and sometimes, they will go out for awhile for outdoor activities. But that's for those who can crawl or stand already.
Hope this helps. If you need more info you can PM me :)

Hi mummies, anyone send your kids to Toa Payoh Methodist church kindergarten? I thinking to register my gal for next yr pre-nursery. Any review for this school? TIA

I'm writing a review for Kinderland Bishan because I had such a positive experience with the school :). My two children went to Kinderland Bishan between 2011 and 2018.
The principal and teachers are caring and loving towards the children. My children have fond memories of them and were close to them. The teachers know the children well and will share with me about them whenever I pick up the children.
The curriculum prepared my children amply for primary 1 and they transited smoothly. English and Chinese spelling in K1 and K2 were of reasonable amount and difficulty. It's usually about 5-10 words related to the themes and stories that they have been learning about during the week. I have heard of preschools that give weekly homework (!) but I have not received that from Kinderland Bishan. There are quarterly projects (e.g. do up a poster about your December holiday, or put together a booklet about electrical appliances in your home) which are simple and encourage children to work with their parents. I feel that the curriculum is a good balance between rigour and fun. I'm happy that my children did not have difficulties adjusting to p1 and enjoyed learning at the same time.
The fees are typical of mid-range schools but not as much as the atas ones (e.g. one starting with "M"). IMO, I consider it a steal cos I didn't have to spend on tuition at all in primary school (till p5 for my older child), so the savings on tuition and angst/worry in primary school more than made up for the price tag.

Since the last map update to have carpark side entrance, the main carpark entrance cannot be use, map keep on directing driver to back/side entrance via Braddel. Please review and update map so that 998 can be access via main carpark entrance as well as side entrance; see attached map.

There is also no industrial block 988 and 978; see attached map.

Done 365 - OngCC

Back