(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

If you can drag till 38 weeks you can deliver in private right?? I remember you mentioned something along those lines before....

Nowadays, I roll myself out of the bed, rather than try to sit and stand up....
yea really jus roll.. and grumble to myself lo... hoping hubs will hear it.. but NEVER! lol

wake up adn still can go back to sleep is not an issue ..it is those that wake up pee and cant go back to sleeep is a torture !!!
I understand!! lol... I used to not be able to go back to slp.. but recently ok.. (choy choy!!!) haha

I have 9 more working days..so dreading going to work nowadays.. feel so tired walking but I take that as exercise..i handover my work already..at work, do nothing..which is fun but Im still dreading workkkkkkk

Morning! I got flu-like symptoms like sore throat, blocked nose and cough although I've taken a flu vaccine in Oct. Thinking of seeing a GP. Will most GPs send me off to see gynae? Coz the one near my home always send me to see gynae, so waste of time to see him. Going to another GP in Novena.

My gynae don't entertain non-pregnancy related issues, he will tell me to go see GP... My GP is quite good, she will check the meds to make sure it is safe for pregnant ladies then prescribe. The other time she was not around, the locum prescribed lozenges that was not suitable for pregnancy, and the clinic assistant actually realised that and went to double check with the locum, then told me that she cannot give me the lozenges.

For sore throat and cough, I am taking 枇杷膏,rather than cough syrup. Think sore throat the docs will just give you panadol. Then for my phlegm I am taking Bromhexine which dissolves the phlegm and makes it easier to cough out... I'm also recovering from a very bad cough....

My gynae don't entertain non-pregnancy related issues, he will tell me to go see GP... My GP is quite good, she will check the meds to make sure it is safe for pregnant ladies then prescribe. The other time she was not around, the locum prescribed lozenges that was not suitable for pregnancy, and the clinic assistant actually realised that and went to double check with the locum, then told me that she cannot give me the lozenges.

For sore throat and cough, I am taking 枇杷膏,rather than cough syrup. Think sore throat the docs will just give you panadol. Then for my phlegm I am taking Bromhexine which dissolves the phlegm and makes it easier to cough out... I'm also recovering from a very bad cough....

steam orange with a pinch of salt :) can try if u having a cough/ sore throat

Good morning mummies! I am at 34w now. When I was at 32w3d appt with the Gynae, baby's head was at 35w6d and weighing 2.18kg. She told me baby's head is big and is not normal big, is 1m ahead bigger, she say will discuss with me the delivery mode later part. Damn Sians, I was hoping for natural. Anyone met with situation like this before?

Thought cough/sore throat cannot eat orange... I very pissed off with myself cuz my cough actually recovered liao, then I itchy mouth went to have yoghurt ytd and cough came back with a vengence... :(

Morning! I got flu-like symptoms like sore throat, blocked nose and cough although I've taken a flu vaccine in Oct. Thinking of seeing a GP. Will most GPs send me off to see gynae? Coz the one near my home always send me to see gynae, so waste of time to see him. Going to another GP in Novena.

sore throat... you can try drink coconut water...

Thought cough/sore throat cannot eat orange... I very pissed off with myself cuz my cough actually recovered liao, then I itchy mouth went to have yoghurt ytd and cough came back with a vengence... :(

thats why need to STEAM??? hehe i also dun know, but so far this method taught by my colleague and it works for my family quite a few times liao ...

muz eat when its warm... scoop everything and eat ...

but i play cheat lah... i steam 2 instead of 1 and i will press the juice out and drink warm..

If you can drag till 38 weeks you can deliver in private right?? I remember you mentioned something along those lines before....

Nowadays, I roll myself out of the bed, rather than try to sit and stand up....

My Gynae says beyond 36 wks I'm good to deliver in Mt E, so I just gotta tahan to next Wed. My next visit there is 26 Dec, I will probably confirm my c sect date there then. I will very much prefer private la, the docs in KK all look younger than me, which makes me very nervous! Lol. My personal goal is 37+ wks, which is around 5 Jan, my hubby has his heart set on 10 Jan, I want to smack him lor, ask me to check w feng shui master, then he go n choose a date himself. Anyway my feng shui report will only come out next week, see what r the supposed good dates.

GP will jsut ask you go home rest.. they likely not give medication

make some honey lemon ..it will help and for sore throat - gargle with listerine ... it will help

sore throat... you can try drink coconut water...
GP will jsut ask you go home rest.. they likely not give medication

make some honey lemon ..it will help and for sore throat - gargle with listerine ... it will help

Thanks for all the advice on the home remedies! Actually going to see GP not really to expect medication, but get MC to be able to rest at home without worry. Going now. TTYL

I had a scare myself last nite. Last evening had v bad tummy pain. My whole tummy like contracting n in bad pain. Being a FTM, dun know how contraction feel. But it dun have the "wave" of pain. Manage to struggle home and scare my hubby too. Lol.
Finally fart out the wind in my tummy after some time and pain subside. Must be the curry lunch that I had that cause the wind inside...haha...

I had a scare myself last nite. Last evening had v bad tummy pain. My whole tummy like contracting n in bad pain. Being a FTM, dun know how contraction feel. But it dun have the "wave" of pain. Manage to struggle home and scare my hubby too. Lol.
Finally fart out the wind in my tummy after some time and pain subside. Must be the curry lunch that I had that cause the wind inside...haha...
lolz i been thru that for my #1 too ... for me it is not fart that make me better but a long after nap ..and it is because of that , gynae did VE and found out i was 2cm diluted liao

Last time my GP didnt send me to see gynae. But i realised i shld have just taken meds from gynae cause she seems to know better what to give.

any mummies went for brazilian waxing? any recommendation? is it advisable to go prior to delivery??

I went 3 weeks ago. Will be going 1st week of Jan. I love Honeypot at Ngee Ann City. The beauticians will talk to you throughout the session to distract you from the pain. Highly recommended!

wah u very close to the cut off le.. haha Talk to ur bb and tell him/her to tong for govt pressie haha
I edd 18 Jan already praying wun give birth in Dec. haha

18 jan think wont deliver in Dec ba.... hope mine stays comfortably inside until jan.. trying not to move too much now

haha me too... went hospital then realise is diarrhoea..

lolz i been thru that for my #1 too ... for me it is not fart that make me better but a long after nap ..and it is because of that , gynae did VE and found out i was 2cm diluted liao
Oh, u tell your gynae abt your pain lah?
I gg for my check up tomolo. Will tell my gynae abt it. But feeling much better today liao...:)

yes coconut water !! BTW anything else we can drink to bring down the heatiness?? i feel i am going to fall sick soon... too heaty... :( dun dare drink too much liang teh...

Drink barley water! I boil barley and wintermelon. :p mum say its ok to drink once in a while.. Since now 3rd tri, we are really very heaty.
My temp sitting beside me keep telling me aircon very cold, I just feel its like 25degree tt kind.. just nice.

18 jan think wont deliver in Dec ba.... hope mine stays comfortably inside until jan.. trying not to move too much now

Hard to say right? Cuz there was 1 or 2 mummies who delivered in 1st half of Dec liao...

hehe, hard to say wor, nowadays pp give birth earlier than EDD.. most of my friends give birth around 37/38 wks
I am hoping bb stay till after 1 Jan 15, by then 37wks lo~ anytime can pop, I don't mind... I am pretty sick of monitoring my glucose levels and jabbing daily.. haha wanna get this over and done with....
Anyway my doc say bb weight is good, if continue stay this way, by 38wks will be around 3kg? hehe to me good size le, haha.
My plan is to walk ALOT after 1 Jan 15. hahaha

Good morning mummies! I am at 34w now. When I was at 32w3d appt with the Gynae, baby's head was at 35w6d and weighing 2.18kg. She told me baby's head is big and is not normal big, is 1m ahead bigger, she say will discuss with me the delivery mode later part. Damn Sians, I was hoping for natural. Anyone met with situation like this before?
When's your next appt?
Don't worry. Just wait for the next visit to see what gynae suggest:)

hehe, hard to say wor, nowadays pp give birth earlier than EDD.. most of my friends give birth around 37/38 wks
I am hoping bb stay till after 1 Jan 15, by then 37wks lo~ anytime can pop, I don't mind... I am pretty sick of monitoring my glucose levels and jabbing daily.. haha wanna get this over and done with....
Anyway my doc say bb weight is good, if continue stay this way, by 38wks will be around 3kg? hehe to me good size le, haha.
walking exercise from Jan on wards LOL :) i remember last time my #2 group mummies some suggest to "rape" hubby when nearing the EDD dates haha ... some scrub toilets

What's ur bb weight now?? If my bb between 2.8-3.3kg when born will be ideal for me lah... :)

I remember some mummies here use Cetaphil right?? Thought this promo is quite good, hence sharing...

4 bottles for $43 with Free Shipping and free starter kit...

walking exercise from Jan on wards LOL :) i remember last time my #2 group mummies some suggest to "rape" hubby when nearing the EDD dates haha ... some scrub toilets

y scrub toilets? the bending down action? "rape" husband, tink he wun do it.. he is scared! hahaha

What's ur bb weight now?? If my bb between 2.8-3.3kg when born will be ideal for me lah... :)

I remember some mummies here use Cetaphil right?? Thought this promo is quite good, hence sharing...

4 bottles for $43 with Free Shipping and free starter kit...

BB is 2kg at 32 wks. I will know bb weight on 26 Dec. Doc say bb should gain about 150gm per wk. so we calculate by 38 wks should be around 2.9kg?
And I told doc I wanna try without epi, she say then u don't feed bb until so big.. later u can't deliver. haha

y scrub toilets? the bending down action? "rape" husband, tink he wun do it.. he is scared! hahaha

BB is 2kg at 32 wks. I will know bb weight on 26 Dec. Doc say bb should gain about 150gm per wk. so we calculate by 38 wks should be around 2.9kg?
And I told doc I wanna try without epi, she say then u don't feed bb until so big.. later u can't deliver. haha

ya i think the scrub toilet = bending down and standing action = exercise and can do some house work... kill 2 birds with 1 stone ...

week 32 : 61.9kg
week 34 +5 days : 64kg

Should I be worried that I gained so much just over 2 weeks? Any of you face this? I dnt want my baby too be so big. But, I feel like I did not eat alot. Is it due to water retention?

#1 have been down to high fever again since sat. Brought him to kkh when it hits 41. Was told to stay n sponge n observe till the next med time. Which is pointless since I was already doing all these at hm. Was worried coz Bufen and paracetamol doesn't seem to be working much this Rd. Anyway doc says nothing can b done at this stage but if I feel that I can't handle it. I can get him admitted. Which I kind of prefer coz I'm so tired having to wake up 1-2hourly to check his temp and to give med. But hub rejected the offer straight out.

Back home we had a small argument. Which he insist he can look after #1 so that I can rest tat night. But knowing him how can I not worry?! He nv wakes up on his own to give #1 med b4! Anyway he managed to that night. N how would I knw? Coz I woke up Everytime as well.

Mon went to gynae. Told her abt e hurting sensation on my throat but was only given mac lasenages. Tat night #1 temp went up to 40 again.Going without much zzz for 2-3 nights I also caught the bug.

Intial plan was for me to do some mkting on tue am. But when I woke up with a terrible headache, coughing non-stop n changed voice, my hub instead of insisting for me to stay in bed. Asked if I want to go to e mkt. I'm so pissed, I refused to speak to him. Then after awhile he said he needs to Rush off to work, would I like my fil to send me to e doc. Again I refused to answer him. N seriously at tat point I was having such bad headache, I Knw I will faint if I'm made to stand and wait Ard to see e doc.

Its thurs #1 is still having bad cough n flu. Fever still yoyo between 37.5-38. But timing for paracetamol is drag till 5-6hourly. Will most likely bring him for another consultation Tmr. Im still not sure if I want to see a GP. After staying in bed for the pass 2 days my headache is finally gone. But v bad cough n flu with lot of greenish phelgm. Had an episode of nose bleed again yesterday. Guess I blow my nose too hard... Took Eno, had brew pear... Throat doesn't feel GD but feels like it's more a back drip problem rather then sore throat. Will 枇杷膏 help? Also can I take Panadol when I'm already on cardiprin?

Sorry for this longwinded post. I'm still really pissed with my hub

#1 have been down to high fever again since sat. Brought him to kkh when it hits 41. Was told to stay n sponge n observe till the next med time. Which is pointless since I was already doing all these at hm. Was worried coz Bufen and paracetamol doesn't seem to be working much this Rd. Anyway doc says nothing can b done at this stage but if I feel that I can't handle it. I can get him admitted. Which I kind of prefer coz I'm so tired having to wake up 1-2hourly to check his temp and to give med. But hub rejected the offer straight out.

Back home we had a small argument. Which he insist he can look after #1 so that I can rest tat night. But knowing him how can I not worry?! He nv wakes up on his own to give #1 med b4! Anyway he managed to that night. N how would I knw? Coz I woke up Everytime as well.

Mon went to gynae. Told her abt e hurting sensation on my throat but was only given mac lasenages. Tat night #1 temp went up to 40 again.Going without much zzz for 2-3 nights I also caught the bug.

Intial plan was for me to do some mkting on tue am. But when I woke up with a terrible headache, coughing non-stop n changed voice, my hub instead of insisting for me to stay in bed. Asked if I want to go to e mkt. I'm so pissed, I refused to speak to him. Then after awhile he said he needs to Rush off to work, would I like my fil to send me to e doc. Again I refused to answer him. N seriously at tat point I was having such bad headache, I Knw I will faint if I'm made to stand and wait Ard to see e doc.

Its thurs #1 is still having bad cough n flu. Fever still yoyo between 37.5-38. But timing for paracetamol is drag till 5-6hourly. Will most likely bring him for another consultation Tmr. Im still not sure if I want to see a GP. After staying in bed for the pass 2 days my headache is finally gone. But v bad cough n flu with lot of greenish phelgm. Had an episode of nose bleed again yesterday. Guess I blow my nose too hard... Took Eno, had brew pear... Throat doesn't feel GD but feels like it's more a back drip problem rather then sore throat. Will 枇杷膏 help? Also can I take Panadol when I'm already on cardiprin?

Big Hugs!

It'll take 10-14days for kids to be fully recover..before that..temp will always be yo-yo..do hydrate your #1 well and watch out for signs of dehydration..

Place a cooling mat for #1 to zzzz on and best to turn #1 sideway..

Do take care of yourself as nowadays weather is a killer! Don't bottled up your feelings..just rant it out..you'll feel a lot better..jiayou jiayou!!

Oh dear, must be difficult to take care of #1 while being in 3rd tri... *Hugs*

You can take 枇杷膏 to sooth your throat, it works for me. For the phelgm, you can go pharmacy and ask for Bromhexine, I got mine without prescription. It will help dislodge and dissolve the phlegm so easier to spit out.

Try to have plenty of rest kay... I guess is difficult when #1 is fussing as well....

Hospital newborn photoshoot?
What is that? Isit cheaper?
Got such thing?
have later post the pic show you :p

Actually I think I very emo throughout this pregnancy lah, everything, good or bad, happy or sad, also cry... LOL
This is part of the package ... After birth worst ! Hahah like volcano eruption ...

the way she described her birth for 2.5kg .. i am imagine those above 3kg ...woah... peifu those go give birth natural to those 3kg and above

Ya more than 3kg like giving birth to watermelon ... Geez... Then placenta is like giving birth to mango ..

ya i think the scrub toilet = bending down and standing action = exercise and can do some house work... kill 2 birds with 1 stone ...

Ai yo when I'm pregnant , I washed and scrubbed one toilet result in super backache for one week ... Zzz

Take good care ya ... Speedy recovery ..

Back