Dilemma

androidlover

My girl 2years and 7 months now is in Childcare now... which do reading sometimes but no emphasis on phonics all that...
I narrowed down to 2 weekend schools
MY ENGLISH SCHOOL
I CAN READ

Anyone can recommend me and any pros n cons... n what are the fees like...
I am looking at the centre in tampines for my english school or bedok for i can read

MY ENGLISH SCHOOL - i cant comment
I can read - They focus on phonics as their main core level.
But I have to say that the 1 hour for your girl is not just covering on phonics.
The teacher tend to engage them into circle time playing the toys which I feel wasted the time already.
And also reading story books which I feel you can also read to her every night.

and coloring which end of the lesson they will show you the output of what they actually learn...coloring ....etc
and phonics covering is not really alot.
So depend on you.
I withdrawl my girl out after 2 terms as I feel is a waste of $$ N time to go there llike play and play only.....

My girl attends I can read for 2nd term now. She enjoys the class a lot and at 3.5 yo, her phonics is consider good. Not yet into blending but if I give her any random words, she immediately able to tell me it's starting letter. She's very interested with reading since she was young but since she joins ICR, she's more into it like looking at words around her then try to figure out. Example, exit, out, danger etc.
I don't know what they do in class but she enjoys a lot and looks forward to it. They are ability based, so after assessing, ur child starts at a level then according to the speed of the child, will level up when ready.

Little bear is more of playing, 1 hr session
My girl is with TCS, 1.5hr, speech n drama included.

Back