(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Hi ladies,

I've tested positive yesterday and have made appointment to see gynae this Thursday. Not sure when is my EDD, but I think should be Aug 2015 :)

Very excited and nervous even though this is my #2. #1 was too long ago, back in 2009.....I need to refresh my memory on the entire pregnancy journey. I'm probably the oldest in this thread - turning 37 next year. Looking at all the young mummies, I do wish I had tried for a second kid earlier. But better late than never. This is the best Christmas gift for our family :)

Hi ladies,

I've tested positive yesterday and have made appointment to see gynae this Thursday. Not sure when is my EDD, but I think should be Aug 2015 :)

Very excited and nervous even though this is my #2. #1 was too long ago, back in 2009.....I need to refresh my memory on the entire pregnancy journey. I'm probably the oldest in this thread - turning 37 next year. Looking at all the young mummies, I do wish I had tried for a second kid earlier. But better late than never. This is the best Christmas gift for our family :)

congrats and welcome :)
i am having #3 i oso need to refresh my memory at times... haha

My colleagues are ordering honey glazed ham with fresh pineapple sauce for our X'mas party in the office next week. This is something I should avoid eating right?

congrats and welcome.
At this moment just rem take your folic acid until u book appt with a gynae

I stopped my teh o. But drinking lipton camomile and peppermint and it's without caffeine. Just to make myself feel better.

So it is okay to drink tea that has no caffeine? I was quite sad that I had to stop my teas!

Any mummies have reviews on TMC and Mount E Novena? I'm kinda choosing between the two. My gynae is currently stationed at Mt E Novena and the place is really nice and comfy like hotel! Hahaha not too sure on service / experience of the staff though.

Whimsicar, I like TMC. Their service is pretty good. Plus I like that they start serving you confinement soups after you delivered. Not every hospital offer that.

Hi Ladies,

I'm tested positive using the pregnancy kit. Based on my calculation, I should be around 4 weeks now. This will be #2. My elder one is a 18 months old boy. Take care and nice to meet all of you!

So it is okay to drink tea that has no caffeine? I was quite sad that I had to stop my teas!

Any mummies have reviews on TMC and Mount E Novena? I'm kinda choosing between the two. My gynae is currently stationed at Mt E Novena and the place is really nice and comfy like hotel! Hahaha not too sure on service / experience of the staff though.

haha.. i guess so.. another mummy recommend to me. say she is drinking this.. i think moderation is still very impt

Hello ladies!

I just tested positive using clearblue last Tue and it's my first time so my hubby and I are really happy and excited! Yet slightly worried about what to expect in the coming months. It's definitely a blessing though :) Actually I'm not very sure of the edd yet, im just assuming it's going to be Aug 15 lol.

Went for my first gynae check last Thur but doc was unable to see any sac yet :( was kinda disappointed n felt like I wasted money lol. Took 2 blood tests after which confirmed the HCG levels are normal, and going for next scan this Sat! There should be the sac by then, so hoping all will go well ^_^

Take care all!

Congrats!! At least you saw ur gynae and your next appointment is fast too. My first appointment is 30th Dec and i tested positive on 5th Dec. Wait until flower wit.

Congrats!! At least you saw ur gynae and your next appointment is fast too. My first appointment is 30th Dec and i tested positive on 5th Dec. Wait until flower wit.

Wow that is a really long wait! I think I cant take the suspense of waiting HAHA and just needed to know if everything was going well. First timer, noob ma. hee.

I'm seeing Dr Law at Mt E Novena and they are very responsive and professional, the receptionist would even text me to let me know that the blood test results was not out that day and when they would call me back again. And it's easy to get appointments with him so that's what I like so far. I was considering another gynae (Dr Adrian Tan) from TMC but his appointments were full up till end of Dec and I dint wana wait. Plus, I had to call like 5 times before someone picked up the phone...

How are your gynae rates like ah? Not sure if Dr Law is considered pricey. and how frequent should we visit our gynae in the first tri? My mum thinks i'm wasting money going for so many checks so early in my pregnancy... Oh wells!

Minko, my appt is 30th too with Dr. Sim @ 1030am.

Btw, any mummies in the midst of job changing next year?

Pinky32, I am serving my notice now. Haven't found a new job. Now that I'm pregnant, it's unlikely that I can get any jobs.

haha.. my gynae refuse to see me too until week 7 .. so my 1st appt is this friday.. yeah.. 3 more days. i waited since 29th nov

Hi!~

when to see my gynae @ Mt. A when i was abt 6wks, EDD should be end july/early Aug..
my gynae gave me folic acid which i think is normal.. she then also gave me Duphaston (the nurse mention is 安胎药).. which then i researched, and it was banned in some countries.. any advise for this? I have not take this yet.. meeting up my gynae again this coming sat

I also saw some mummies mention HCG and progestrerone level.. is it necessary to get it measured?

my symptoms for being preg are: sore breast, gassy, some minor cramps, few occasion sharp pain, morning sickness which occur in the evening usually.. seems pretty normal..

Pokpokkei your nick is so cute!

I think it should be safe to take Duphaston. I read in the forum that many mummies were prescribed this by their gynaes.

My symptoms are very similar to yours.

Hi all,

I've been a silent reader of the forum... Have been trying for a baby for 2 years and finally got pregnant through IVF from kkh. Currently 7 weeks pregnant and went for 1st scan today!!! EDD early August!

I have been experiencing sharp pain in my buttock and it's making my morning sickness even worst... Any suggestions??

Hi all mummies, I tested and is +ve. Now looking for gynae.. calculation by computer im abt 5week plus.. Im taking folic acid since the day im planning le...

Hi ladies,

Agree. Better late than never. I am one year younger than you :) Jia you together!

My colleagues are ordering honey glazed ham with fresh pineapple sauce for our X'mas party in the office next week. This is something I should avoid eating right?
Personally I will avoid eating as deli meats like ham is not suitable for us at this stage. Pineapple is something I will stay away from too.

Hi all,

I've been a silent reader of the forum... Have been trying for a baby for 2 years and finally got pregnant through IVF from kkh. Currently 7 weeks pregnant and went for 1st scan today!!! EDD early August!

I have been experiencing sharp pain in my buttock and it's making my morning sickness even worst... Any suggestions??

Congrats! The pain in the butt could be due to gas if you are experiencing more flatulence than before. Let your gynae know if the pain persist. Try to avoid actions that will trigger or worsen the pain such as walking or sitting. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi mtb
My edd is in late Jul but hope to join in this thread as well .
For the mummies who choose kkh, anyone choose their gynae as a private patient?
Meanwhile I has only pop in to their women's clinic for scan and folic. Hasn't select a gynae yet.
I think I might only select one when I went for the Oscar scan.
For my last pregnancy, can actually detect the baby gender during that scan.
I am more comfortable in kk because of their medical equipments.
When they can't detect the sac on the 5th week, they arrange for a CT scan in the evening on a weekend for fear of ectopic pregnancy.
And yes I agree, is better to avoid cold drinks. I will experience cramps and more discharge if I take cold drinks but how to tahan the hot weather and the bitter lingering taste at the tongue even made it worse.

Hi mtb
My edd is in late Jul but hope to join in this thread as well .
For the mummies who choose kkh, anyone choose their gynae as a private patient?
Meanwhile I has only pop in to their women's clinic for scan and folic. Hasn't select a gynae yet.
I think I might only select one when I went for the Oscar scan.
For my last pregnancy, can actually detect the baby gender during that scan.
I am more comfortable in kk because of their medical equipments.
When they can't detect the sac on the 5th week, they arrange for a CT scan in the evening on a weekend for fear of ectopic pregnancy.
And yes I agree, is better to avoid cold drinks. I will experience cramps and more discharge if I take cold drinks but how to tahan the hot weather and the bitter lingering taste at the tongue even made it worse.
Hi! I am at kkh as a private patient. Main benefit is being able to collect medication at the clinic instead of heading to the pharmacy to queue and wait.

Mummies for those who pm me your email add i can only find and add a few as some i cant find u using the email u give me

@crystalizwan, @cloudily , @pinky32 , , [USER=174600]@lovepeace55, @minko1983[/USER] , @Lil_Han_Mummy[/USER] added u please accept friend request in fb. Gloria Liu

@PassionDoReMi , @littledot3 : i found similar name but its a male account
@Libbie , , [USER=149513] , [USER=9609]@worry[/USER] please send me your fb email again . thanks :)[/USER]

Hi all,

I am currently expecting my no 3. Edd will be 15 July. Hope to learn from all of you here. My no 1 is 6 yrs old, no 2 is 3 yrs old.

Wishing all of us here a healthy pregnancy!

Woah Page 4 already!! Just went for a last minute slot in appointment yesterday for Prof Biswas due to blood spotting.. Saw the sac grew and with a little beanie and a very faint heartbeat... Prof said the size of it was still rather early, say 5 weeks 6 days only??? But I'm having hungry nausea, and change in taste bud...

I also hv no symptoms for mu no 1 and now I have flu symptoms for no 2. alqays sniffing and trying to clear my throat ahem.. hope its not falling sick.

Is it ok to continue my multi vits.? Now I dare not take them.

Hi mummies, i have been following this thread but no courage to post until i saw heartbeat at yday's scan. This is my 4th pregnancy and hopefully 2nd kid if all continues to go well.
Hi chubcan, you should avoid soft cheeses as they are not pasteurised and deli meats such as ham. I would avoid all cold drinks in the first trimester too. Based on what my tcm doc says some foods outside have dang gui so do be cautious e.g. braised duck, bak kut teh (brown type). I know fish head steamboat sometimes adds danggui to the stock too. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for advice. I just scanned and saw and heard the baby heartbeat yesterday. super exciting.....

Cooling food like pineapples, bitter gourd etc. Dang gui, ren shen to avoid. Unless u r consulting tcm physician, best dont take any tcm med on ur own or by medical hall. Heard a few stories from my physician.

Thanks. noted on cooling stuff. i did not know this.

Thanks. Which gynae r u seeing?
I am with Dr Han How Chuan.

For new mummies if you have queries can consider calling kk ask a nurse service. It is chargeable at 80 cents per min. I use it quite often especially if I want to confirm medications I was prescribed at GP is safe. Just yesterday I called them up cos there was some mosquito fogging and I was worried breathing in will harm baby. So if anyone wants to give it a try here is the number 1900 556 8773.

Just went to gynae and he says I am 6weeks old, heard the heart beat and I almost tears. I Hope it keeps growing and growing , is a long long long wait to 2nd trimester

hello! errr.. i just went to see gynae today and my edd is 10 aug! initially thought it'd be early aug.. oh well.. =p this will be my #2, my first is ard 22 months now!
actually i'm quite torn between the hospital to deliver in. I want to go Mt A (very gd experience for #1), but the gynae i'm seeing now, Dr ben, delivers at tmc (which my hubby n i don't like)... so... not sure whether to change another gynae or not.. though i've seen dr ben once, i really like him! sigh... any advice or gd gynaes in Mt A?

anyone use essential oil? wan to ask now can use essential oil a not? keep having sleepless nights and like to use some lavender to help me sleep?

hello! errr.. i just went to see gynae today and my edd is 10 aug! initially thought it'd be early aug.. oh well.. =p this will be my #2, my first is ard 22 months now!
actually i'm quite torn between the hospital to deliver in. I want to go Mt A (very gd experience for #1), but the gynae i'm seeing now, Dr ben, delivers at tmc (which my hubby n i don't like)... so... not sure whether to change another gynae or not.. though i've seen dr ben once, i really like him! sigh... any advice or gd gynaes in Mt A?
Any reason of y u don't like tmc? I gave birth to my gal there, overall I quite like the experience, warm and cozy waha ....

Any reason of y u don't like tmc? I gave birth to my gal there, overall I quite like the experience, warm and cozy waha ....
Haha ya think it's silly to be biased based on "feel" when we've not even gone to see the wards etc. but the general feel we get frm tmc is that it's so crowded and packed and we r worried to deliver in corridors (heard happened to dragon babies! Not enough wards). Lol... Maybe I shud arrange for a ward tour or something to ease our discomfort...:(

Haha ya think it's silly to be biased based on "feel" when we've not even gone to see the wards etc. but the general feel we get frm tmc is that it's so crowded and packed and we r worried to deliver in corridors (heard happened to dragon babies! Not enough wards). Lol... Maybe I shud arrange for a ward tour or something to ease our discomfort...:(

Personally I like TMC a lot. Depending on the time of the day, TMC is generally not a crowded hospital at all. Good idea to tour the wards before you make your decision :)

The reason i dont like tmc is the stupid parking system. But I feel comfy with my gynae so no choice got to stay with tmc. Their wards, food and etc when i deliver my boy in dragon is good. Only trouble is the carpark for frequeny gynae visit.

anyone use essential oil? wan to ask now can use essential oil a not? keep having sleepless nights and like to use some lavender to help me sleep?

How come sleepless? I drop dead at almost 10 every night. ... so tired :(

Actually that is true when I was warded in a 4 bedded ward. It was indeed very crowded on weekend but the mood was cheery, I don't feel like being in a hospital, more on like a holiday with a wonderful little sweetie on hand hehe ...
My gynae, Dr Jocelyn Wong came to see me and upgraded me to a 2 bedded ward. Like other hospitals, you can't really rest well when you share the ward with others, the lady beside me BF her bb and the nurse just pushed the baby in every few hours so my sleep got sort of disrupted.
If possible, get a single ward so your hb can bunk in with you too.
I like tmc because of its homely feel and yes, their confinement food is very yummy and nurses are very pro and patience in teaching latching. I miss the times ...... hehe ....

I am thinking if I should go for a single bed ward too. Previously I was in a two bedder. I don't need my hubby to bunk in with me. Anyone knows the price difference between single ward and 4 bedder?

I am thinking if I should go for a single bed ward too. Previously I was in a two bedder. I don't need my hubby to bunk in with me. Anyone knows the price difference between single ward and 4 bedder?
I think u can check the respective hospital website.

Back