(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Yesterday my baby is free of jaundice.. can fully breast feed.. but mummy end up breast infection... now in nuh.. still waiting for the treatment process.

Yesterday afternoon visited LC at nuh, advise by her go to gp for antibiotics, but gp straightaway asked me to go to hospital due to high fever.. and the breast swollen.

End up stay nuh overnight.. nothing can do..
Now waiting... waiting... for scan and drainage procedure by needles.. hopefully its work otherwise need to do an operation again.

Yesterday my baby is free of jaundice.. can fully breast feed.. but mummy end up breast infection... now in nuh.. still waiting for the treatment process.

Yesterday afternoon visited LC at nuh, advise by her go to gp for antibiotics, but gp straightaway asked me to go to hospital due to high fever.. and the breast swollen.

End up stay nuh overnight.. nothing can do..
Now waiting... waiting... for scan and drainage procedure by needles.. hopefully its work otherwise need to do an operation again.
Take good care! I had mastitis few days back and fever very high, lucky my masseur helps to clear away my engorged breasts, fever went down and I rested for two days coz damn weak, is a painful experience.

Thanks. Its a painful experience.
Need on antibiotics and review again if no Better must do an operation to clear it up.

They called it abscess.

I visited LC at nuh, she advise me to get antibiotics from gp but gp immediately asked me to hospital.

I have discharge today but need to go back review. Pray hard now... antibiotics work... otherwise operation is last alternative.

I visited LC at nuh, she advise me to get antibiotics from gp but gp immediately asked me to hospital.

I have discharge today but need to go back review. Pray hard now... antibiotics work... otherwise operation is last alternative.
Wat breast infection?

Hey mummies, is it ok if I were to colour and rebond my hair at the end of confinement? Is it still safe to breastfeed baby? Most websites say it's safe though.

Hello!! I delivered 4 week ago and would like to ask if any mummies developed numb fingers and slightly sore arm postpartum? I suspect it is carpal tunnel syndrome but I didnt have any issues during my pregnancy. It came on 1-2 weeks after I delivered. First it was my right hand, now it is affecting my left arm too, though slightly less serious.

I have asked my gynea and he said it is not a big problem, just something mummies may have to go through and it will go away eventually. However it is affecting my daily life and I am not sure how long will I take to recover. At this point my middle finger on my right arm is so numb that I am losing full sensation of it.... very annoying.

Hello!! I delivered 4 week ago and would like to ask if any mummies developed numb fingers and slightly sore arm postpartum? I suspect it is carpal tunnel syndrome but I didnt have any issues during my pregnancy. It came on 1-2 weeks after I delivered. First it was my right hand, now it is affecting my left arm too, though slightly less serious.

I have asked my gynea and he said it is not a big problem, just something mummies may have to go through and it will go away eventually. However it is affecting my daily life and I am not sure how long will I take to recover. At this point my middle finger on my right arm is so numb that I am losing full sensation of it.... very annoying.

Yes me. I started having it 2 mths before I delivered and it continued well into 1 mth after delivery where my fingers will be so stiff in the morning (worst part of the day) and throughout the day, and esp my right middle finger that I have to use my left hand to "snap" it open. Now im 7 wks after delivery n it has subsided mostly. Don't worry it should go away

i have this sore wrist n fingers too... lik very stiff 2open n close è fingers in é morn... wrist part is sore when i use strength at un-natural angles. hope it goes away soon.. i still under 1m aft delivery...

Wat breast infection?

There r some residual milk which Can't express out... That's y coz infection.

Now direct latch... very tired.
Baby keep sucking, dunno how to satisfy him.
Sometimes give in, give him formula milk.

Help!!
Dunno how to breast feed liao...
No energy somemore: (

There r some residual milk which Can't express out... That's y coz infection.

Now direct latch... very tired.
Baby keep sucking, dunno how to satisfy him.
Sometimes give in, give him formula milk.

Help!!
Dunno how to breast feed liao...
No energy somemore: (

Have u tried pumping out and feed by bottle exclusively?

My baby is unable to drain my breast so I pump exclusively. Because she could not drain them, I had blocked ducts for 2 days...damn scary and pain...felt 2 'tic tac' lumps under my areola and long spindly lumps in my left underboob. I kept pumping every 2 - 2.5 hours round the clock to no avail until early this morning after my 5am pump suddenly all the lumps disappeared! Guess the clog must have finally dislodged and all the milk drained out. (This episode happened when i got lazy n made baby latch on for night feeds for 2 nights to avoid washing up - worst idea ever, for me). Don't believe confinement nanny when they say baby is the best drainer of the breast, cos I found that only pumping could do the job, esp if u have oversupply

Have u tried pumping out and feed by bottle exclusively?

My baby is unable to drain my breast so I pump exclusively. Because she could not drain them, I had blocked ducts for 2 days...damn scary and pain...felt 2 'tic tac' lumps under my areola and long spindly lumps in my left underboob. I kept pumping every 2 - 2.5 hours round the clock to no avail until early this morning after my 5am pump suddenly all the lumps disappeared! Guess the clog must have finally dislodged and all the milk drained out. (This episode happened when i got lazy n made baby latch on for night feeds for 2 nights to avoid washing up - worst idea ever, for me). Don't believe confinement nanny when they say baby is the best drainer of the breast, cos I found that only pumping could do the job, esp if u have oversupply

I m always mix... sometimes latch sometimes pump out.

That's good u can manage to clear the duct if no might end up like me.

All this because I m lazy and tired too.
After latch, need to pump (where got time) especially night time... super duper sleepy.

Even day time, I dun follow too.

Yes, LC asked me to let bb latch and after that pump. But bb almost latch every hour... each time latch... 15 mins, 30 mins,... some more longer.

I Really buey tahan...

I m always mix... sometimes latch sometimes pump out.

That's good u can manage to clear the duct if no might end up like me.

All this because I m lazy and tired too.
After latch, need to pump (where got time) especially night time... super duper sleepy.

Even day time, I dun follow too.

Yes, LC asked me to let bb latch and after that pump. But bb almost latch every hour... each time latch... 15 mins, 30 mins,... some more longer.

I Really buey tahan...

Oh dear. Does baby suck a little then sleep and repeat? Sounds like my baby and part of the reason why I exclusively pump now. Maybe u can try

How do you ladies maintain supply by pumping exclusively? I read tht u have to be diligent enough to do it every 3 hours and that seems like an impossible feat for me. I have been trying to latch as and when and pump during daytime. I feed my LO the expressed milk at night cos too tired to pump or latch and then I realise my supply just dropped! Now I'm having trouble bringing up my supply. It's so demotivating.

How do you ladies maintain supply by pumping exclusively? I read tht u have to be diligent enough to do it every 3 hours and that seems like an impossible feat for me. I have been trying to latch as and when and pump during daytime. I feed my LO the expressed milk at night cos too tired to pump or latch and then I realise my supply just dropped! Now I'm having trouble bringing up my supply. It's so demotivating.

Ur right...I wake up every 3 hrs to pump lor, 24/7. Now I pump every 2.5hrs from the end of the last pump cos I scared of hard lumps forming again. Each time I pump 25mins on L4 of my medela freestyle. In a few days I shall go back to my old schedule of pumping every 3-4 hrs. Previously I have also experienced 5 hrs interval between pumps w/o supply decreasing, but this was infrequent.

I read that the trick is to drain your breasts each time so tt it sends a signal to body that milk not enough, or barely adequate...which is why I do 25 mins (2min stimulation, 23 min on L4) and not 15-20mins like most. Depending on ur supply, pump an extra 5 mins after the milk stops flowing out to signal to body tt baby needs even more...shd help supply to increase...

When pumping at nite I either put my head on the table to sleep or watch korean drama serial to enjoy. Pumping handsfree helps tremendously...I use the Simple Wishes handsfree bustier, can get fr Kiddy Palace and Mums & Babes. Also have a helper to take care of baby. The drag is not pumping itself, but in the repeated washing, sterilising n drying :(

Oh dear. Does baby suck a little then sleep and repeat? Sounds like my baby and part of the reason why I exclusively pump now. Maybe u can try

I Really salute u.
Yes, bb latch and sleep coz he has used to bottle feed (LC told me this ).

each time after latch, sometimes I will pump but only few mls for both side.
Used to, I can get 60mls after 3-4 hours rest but now I only get 20mls nia. Very depress now.

The worst is my lumps still there, I dunno is it a new lump or previously infection one coz still very hard, same place, very hard to determine.

I dunno how liao...

I Really salute u.
Yes, bb latch and sleep coz he has used to bottle feed (LC told me this ).

each time after latch, sometimes I will pump but only few mls for both side.
Used to, I can get 60mls after 3-4 hours rest but now I only get 20mls nia. Very depress now.

The worst is my lumps still there, I dunno is it a new lump or previously infection one coz still very hard, same place, very hard to determine.

I dunno how liao...

Oh my supply also decreased for the breast w lumps. it cld be the lumps blocking milk flow...just keep pumping frequently n keep the faith..lumps shld dislodge suddenly after a pump like mine (increase pump pressure?). For me took 2 days...

Ur right...I wake up every 3 hrs to pump lor, 24/7. Now I pump every 2.5hrs from the end of the last pump cos I scared of hard lumps forming again. Each time I pump 25mins on L4 of my medela freestyle. In a few days I shall go back to my old schedule of pumping every 3-4 hrs. Previously I have also experienced 5 hrs interval between pumps w/o supply decreasing, but this was infrequent.

I read that the trick is to drain your breasts each time so tt it sends a signal to body that milk not enough, or barely adequate...which is why I do 25 mins (2min stimulation, 23 min on L4) and not 15-20mins like most. Depending on ur supply, pump an extra 5 mins after the milk stops flowing out to signal to body tt baby needs even more...shd help supply to increase...

When pumping at nite I either put my head on the table to sleep or watch korean drama serial to enjoy. Pumping handsfree helps tremendously...I use the Simple Wishes handsfree bustier, can get fr Kiddy Palace and Mums & Babes. Also have a helper to take care of baby. The drag is not pumping itself, but in the repeated washing, sterilising n drying :(

Tell me abt the sterilizing and drying! Doing it in the ungodly hours of the night is plain torture. R u able to yield equal amts from both sides? My left breast is a noob,gives me so little! I tried warm compress and massage and found tiny lumps(clots) on the underside and near underarms,been massaging those like a crazy woman but milk supply not increasing. strange cos during my first week pp,I had abundant supply on both sides. Now my body has adjusted its supply based on demand prob. Do you latch ur LO as well?

Oh my supply also decreased for the breast w lumps. it cld be the lumps blocking milk flow...just keep pumping frequently n keep the faith..lumps shld dislodge suddenly after a pump like mine (increase pump pressure?). For me took 2 days...

Thanks for your encouragement.
Will keep pumping and latch.
My mil keep saying let baby latch is the most effective way to unclog the duct. But even my baby is super hungry, his sucking still the same.

I Can't afford going back to hospital, nobody can take care my baby and daughter.
So I only can keep praying hard, the antibiotics and my hardworking will work.

Tell me abt the sterilizing and drying! Doing it in the ungodly hours of the night is plain torture. R u able to yield equal amts from both sides? My left breast is a noob,gives me so little! I tried warm compress and massage and found tiny lumps(clots) on the underside and near underarms,been massaging those like a crazy woman but milk supply not increasing. strange cos during my first week pp,I had abundant supply on both sides. Now my body has adjusted its supply based on demand prob. Do you latch ur LO as well?

Tell me about it...I hate the washing, sterilising, drying routine at nite :( yeah more or less the same amt on both sides each time, w 10-20ml difference. I don't usually latch baby tho...if she latch on 1 hr b4 I pump the difference can be 40-50ml. Is urs diff cos baby latched? Some nights she will latch on my right side for comfort sucking at 10pm thereabouts then she will sleep for the night. Recently she started sleeping 5-7hrs w/o feed...we keep telling her during the day to sleep thru the nite. Perhaps our brainwashing, ahem i mean request worked...

Tell me about it...I hate the washing, sterilising, drying routine at nite :( yeah more or less the same amt on both sides each time, w 10-20ml difference. I don't usually latch baby tho...if she latch on 1 hr b4 I pump the difference can be 40-50ml. Is urs diff cos baby latched? Some nights she will latch on my right side for comfort sucking at 10pm thereabouts then she will sleep for the night. Recently she started sleeping 5-7hrs w/o feed...we keep telling her during the day to sleep thru the nite. Perhaps our brainwashing, ahem i mean request worked...

Looks like it had a hypnotic effect on her and now she sleeps longer stretches. I m gona try 'brainwashing' mine too and pray very hard that it works. I seem to have forgotten how night sleep feels. What pump are u using btw?

Looks like it had a hypnotic effect on her and now she sleeps longer stretches. I m gona try 'brainwashing' mine too and pray very hard that it works. I seem to have forgotten how night sleep feels. What pump are u using btw?
Lol yeah me too. Medela Freestyle. I read about the Shichida Method here and it suggests tt babies are most susceptible to suggestion during the 5 mins window after they fall asleep...worth a read: http://www.mummyshomeschool.com/shichida-5-minute-suggestion-method/

Lol yeah me too. Medela Freestyle. I read about the Shichida Method here and it suggests tt babies are most susceptible to suggestion during the 5 mins window after they fall asleep...worth a read: http://www.mummyshomeschool.com/shichida-5-minute-suggestion-method/

Guess what? I did some bit of research and there was something published ( Urgh,I can't seem to get hold of the article right now) about sterilising once a day. Meaning,we can just put our bottles and pump flange in the fridge till our next pump session and wash/ sterilize them at the end of the day. I did that for my night pumps and somehow it wasn't so much of a chore anymore. Most of my bf friends do that too. apparently,its common practice in the breastfeeding world. Wish I knew it sooner:/

Guess what? I did some bit of research and there was something published ( Urgh,I can't seem to get hold of the article right now) about sterilising once a day. Meaning,we can just put our bottles and pump flange in the fridge till our next pump session and wash/ sterilize them at the end of the day. I did that for my night pumps and somehow it wasn't so much of a chore anymore. Most of my bf friends do that too. apparently,its common practice in the breastfeeding world. Wish I knew it sooner:/

Oh wow...didn't know that...thanks!!!

I think I read somewhere else too from this forum about this method.

Mine 120ml, interval time should be 3-4 hours but sometimes 2 hours, he starts to ask milk especially at night times, how about others?

Hi all, can you recommend any good confinement nanny in term of cooking confInement, helping some simple homework and clean and tidy. If possible can I have the contact and name? Currently looking for one in 2015. Thanks

Hi all, can you recommend any good confinement nanny in term of cooking confInement, helping some simple homework and clean and tidy. If possible can I have the contact and name? Currently looking for one in 2015. Thanks
Hi, u can try my nanny, Zhen Jie +60165578445. Good, can cook and helpful.

Back