IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi girls .a short intro on myself. I ju a reminder failed my 2nd ivf with no frozen eggs. 1st ivf didn't go thru ET. Second ivf failed with only tsf of 1 grade 1 embryo. I have hydrasaphin tubes hence thinking to go thru lapo after this failure to embark on my 3rd try next year . I only have one workable ovary hence explain the low count of eggs I have . Does anyone have any success stories of 1 or 2 eggs and still can succeed? I thinking to go thru natural ivf next round since no matter how much I stimulate my self I only could achieve 1-2eggs:(

Dear, u just need 1 gd quality egg. Even though only 1 ovary, u just need 1.quantity doesn't mean everything. I am currently on my 3rd ivf. I have had abt 40+ retrieved before without any success on transferred ones (3) and none made to storage. :( My current cycle, I have another 25 retrieved. Fingers crossed for my ET and tww tomorrow. Let's spur each other on!

Dear, u just need 1 gd quality egg. Even though only 1 ovary, u just need 1.quantity doesn't mean everything. I am currently on my 3rd ivf. I have had abt 40+ retrieved before without any success on transferred ones (3) and none made to storage. :( My current cycle, I have another 25 retrieved. Fingers crossed for my ET and tww tomorrow. Let's spur each other on!
Thanks dear for your reply
It's heartwenching we do not have any for frozen and every failed ivf means a fresh one next round .pretty demoralising .you jiayou.hope sometimes that time is ripe for us to have a bb soon.roughly how long do you girls rest per failed cycle bef embarking to another ?

Had a bit of pregnyl. Ginger tea as in store bought satchels? I have been taking aquarius isotonic drinks, red date longan tea so far. Yes the tummy is very firm and bloated, like 3-4 mths preg. Will it get worse after ET? Need to mentally prep myself.
If you hv fresh ginger at home, just cut a few slices, whack it a bit to release the juices and add hot boiling water (of coz drink when cooled down a little, hor ). Give it a few days. Pregnyl does bloat up for a few days so only time will tell if it's pregnyl or OHSS.

Just read this is your 3rd ivf. Wishing you 3rd time lucky!!!

just need 1 good egg to make it work actually. heard of pple bfp based on just 1 egg.
Thank u. My obstacles seems so much .I have retroverted uterus .blocked tubes. And with hydrosapline tubes .likely will go thru lap to open them up before embarking on my 3rd trial .wonder if this failure of implantation cld be due to hydrosapline tubes .
Mrs tan which stage re you in now ?

Had a bit of pregnyl. Ginger tea as in store bought satchels? I have been taking aquarius isotonic drinks, red date longan tea so far. Yes the tummy is very firm and bloated, like 3-4 mths preg. Will it get worse after ET? Need to mentally prep myself.
You should take ginger tea to relieve bloatedness .if not immunocal seems fine too

Gals from kkh, need yr advise:

Just now i forgot to ask e nurse,if day 1 (full flow) happen on sat, how? When to go down for e 1st injection n 1st scan? Cos day 2 will be a sun ...

We suppose to go down during day 2 ya??

It's heartwenching we do not have any for frozen and every failed ivf means a fresh one next round .pretty demoralising .you jiayou.hope sometimes that time is ripe for us to have a bb soon.roughly how long do you girls rest per failed cycle bef embarking to another ?

My first two cycles last year were 3 mths apart. I took a 1.5yr break before my current cycle. Many couples spend time & effort to build up their constitution, I believe it would work from the success stories from tcm & treatments. Apart from ovarian reserve, any chromosomal tests to determine why the prev eggs didn't sustain? Yes it's heartbreaking knowing 1 in 3 or 4 cycles would be successful, just not us. Fingers crossed! Jia you!

If you hv fresh ginger at home, just cut a few slices, whack it a bit to release the juices and add hot boiling water (of coz drink when cooled down a little, hor ). Give it a few days. Pregnyl does bloat up for a few days so only time will tell if it's pregnyl or OHSS.

Just read this is your 3rd ivf. Wishing you 3rd time lucky!!!

Thank u babe. Which stage r u at?

Just now i forgot to ask e nurse,if day 1 (full flow) happen on sat, how? When to go down for e 1st injection n 1st scan? Cos day 2 will be a sun ...

Likely u will start on Monday. I started injections on day 3.

Thank u babe. Which stage r u at?
Fresh #5 hehehe.. one of those less happening IVFers who need many tries.. so this group has been my learning source and much needed support strength. My #1 was from fresh #3 so wishing you tons of luck :)

Hi Connie may I share even tho I'm out (of ivf).

If AF full flow is in the morning, that day is cd1. If it's afternoon onwards, then the following day is cd1. KKH will disregard that PM as the first day.

1st jab/scan is cd2/3. (Meaning it's ok to start on 2nd or 3rd day). If Sat is cd1 (AM),call KKH. You will be scheduled for 1st scan on Monday morning. If af comes on Sat afternoon, you can't call KKH right. Fret not. Mon morning first thing call KKH and they will schedule you to go in on the same day or even on tue.

Fresh #5 hehehe.. one of those less happening IVFers who need many tries.. so this group has been my learning source and much needed support strength. My #1 was from fresh #3 so wishing you tons of luck :)

This is really admirable. Yes hope & pray I am third time lucky.

Morning all, just had my ultrasound yesterday and saw 2 heartbeats! Its double happiness but at the same time, I feel the stress too. Financially and logistically. Also worried how my body can take it.
Congrats. My sis was same case on Ivf twins. I can understand your worry. She had hoped for just one baby...but I told her God won't give you more than what you can't handle. My 7months niece and nephew are doing very well and so is their mummy.

Embrace this blessings and keep happy thoughts.

Hi Connie may I share even tho I'm out (of ivf).

If AF full flow is in the morning, that day is cd1. If it's afternoon onwards, then the following day is cd1. KKH will disregard that PM as the first day.

1st jab/scan is cd2/3. (Meaning it's ok to start on 2nd or 3rd day). If Sat is cd1 (AM),call KKH. You will be scheduled for 1st scan on Monday morning. If af comes on Sat afternoon, you can't call KKH right. Fret not. Mon morning first thing call KKH and they will schedule you to go in on the same day or even on tue.
Redvel, thanks for e detailed explanation. Its nice to see yr post. Detailed n easy understand :)
Spotting is considered as day 0 ya at kk ivf centre?

QUOTE="connie_hopeful, post: 7683530, member: 162641"]Gals from kkh, need yr advise:

We suppose to go down during day 2 ya??[/QUOTE]
On Monday. 3rd day is fine.

My first two cycles last year were 3 mths apart. I took a 1.5yr break before my current cycle. Many couples spend time & effort to build up their constitution, I believe it would work from the success stories from tcm & treatments. Apart from ovarian reserve, any chromosomal tests to determine why the prev eggs didn't sustain? Yes it's heartbreaking knowing 1 in 3 or 4 cycles would be successful, just not us. Fingers crossed! Jia you!
Ist cycle done by Lc cheng .the follicles were growly sparsely and resulting my lead follicle being 26mm. 24mm. Small ones immature hence none fertilised plus I did a lap in may and barely 2 months I embark on my ivf hence may explain the failure

Hi girls .a short intro on myself. I ju a reminder failed my 2nd ivf with no frozen eggs. 1st ivf didn't go thru ET. Second ivf failed with only tsf of 1 grade 1 embryo. I have hydrasaphin tubes hence thinking to go thru lapo after this failure to embark on my 3rd try next year . I only have one workable ovary hence explain the low count of eggs I have . Does anyone have any success stories of 1 or 2 eggs and still can succeed? I thinking to go thru natural ivf next round since no matter how much I stimulate my self I only could achieve 1-2eggs:(
Hi waiting4bb, I have very few eggs too, when I went for consultation, dr says I am a poor candidate for ivf, I have only 3. Anyway I still wanted to go ahead and try. Dr put me on natural icsi, and during ER I have 4 follicles, out of 4, 3 fertilized and 2 grow normally so ET with 2 on D2 and now I'm halfway into my 2ww. my dr told me, no point taking jabs, I will not have many follicles, she rather I have quality ones. so if u think u wanna go natural, u should have a chat with your dr. all the best!

Hi waiting4bb, I have very few eggs too, when I went for consultation, dr says I am a poor candidate for ivf, I have only 3. Anyway I still wanted to go ahead and try. Dr put me on natural icsi, and during ER I have 4 follicles, out of 4, 3 fertilized and 2 grow normally so ET with 2 on D2 and now I'm halfway into my 2ww. my dr told me, no point taking jabs, I will not have many follicles, she rather I have quality ones. so if u think u wanna go natural, u should have a chat with your dr. all the best!
Thanks girl for your reply so yours is natural icsi and you can retrieve 4 eggs ?wow thats very decebt .domt mind me asking .during injection how many follicles do you have and how does natural icsi works ?is it cheaper by jabbed icsi?by a lot ?

Girl I hope you can succeed with this try and inspire us with your success story ;)

This is my 3rd fresh cycle. And for the 1st 2, I didn't had any extra to freeze too. I have s friend who bfp which 1 embryo., so nothing is impossible. Are u on any supplements now? I feel that you may want to consider a 6 mths break btw 2 fresh cycle. Give ur body a break n also to "tiao" the body during this period

Morning all, just had my ultrasound yesterday and saw 2 heartbeats! Its double happiness but at the same time, I feel the stress too. Financially and logistically. Also worried how my body can take it.
Hi hlixian, double congrats! N grabbing yr baby dust too!

Thanks girl for your reply so yours is natural icsi and you can retrieve 4 eggs ?wow thats very decebt .domt mind me asking .during injection how many follicles do you have and how does natural icsi works ?is it cheaper by jabbed icsi?by a lot ?
Hi, it's wierd for someone to call me girl as I may could possibly be one of the older ladies here lol.
Anyway this is my 1st and I never take injection. but the results is better than my worry, I was worried with so little eggs, not sure if I will have good ones to put in me, but are of good grades, so I'm contented. now it's really up to God to make it happen

I am
This is my 3rd fresh cycle. And for the 1st 2, I didn't had any extra to freeze too. I have s friend who bfp which 1 embryo., so nothing is impossible. Are u on any supplements now? I feel that you may want to consider a 6 mths break btw 2 fresh cycle. Give ur body a break n also to "tiao" the body during this period
considering maybe 3 months break after I discuss with doc loh on doing a lap to solve my hydrosap tubes . I bit impatient to embark on ivf;(.pretty desperate .i just take royal jelly ,CQ10.folic acid .prenatal multivitamin .i wil continue these for my next ivf and maybe try tcm since I have not attempt tcm at all . I feel you can try royal jelly which is a fertility super food for egg quality .for natural icsi.did you go thru any jabs ?or purely on clomid?sorry if I ask too much ;)

Welcome. Ya, spotting cannot be counted. I can spot for 3days before flow comes!
Thanks. Just wondering does full flow d1 equates to
1. heavy flow or
2. is intepreted as long as u need a pad n e bleeding continue is full flow?

i used to count my day 1 as when i need a pad n and day 2 is heavy flow.
Pretty confused :/. Just worried i hit day 4 on mon to start injection if my full flow intepretation is right!

Last edited:
I count day 1 when my bleeding is regular. And for me it is heavy flow on day 2. Prob similar to yr definition.

Under my 3 short cycles, doc wld evaluate & order stimulation jabs for 10-12 days which started on day3 or day4. Towards the end of the stims, if follie size is not adequate, doc up my dosage. Hence, u need not be overly worried the +/-1 day as there will b close monitoring on your progress.

1. heavy flow or

Pretty confused :/. Just worried i hit day 4 on mon if my full flow intepretation is wrong!
day

1. heavy flow or

Pretty confused :/. Just worried i hit day 4 on mon if my full flow intepretation is wrong!

Ya lor ya lor. I was quite scared I got it wrong so I asked the nurse during my first ivf and during the 2nd ivf, I asked the same set of questions again. Kiasu :p

Full flow DOES NOT EQUATE to heavy flow. Remember that ok. Full flow means got blood flowing out quite constantly. Not just few drop here and there. Some cycles, after couple days of spotting, I will have light to medium flow on first day then 2nd day is heavy flow. So if I consider 2nd day of heavy flow as D1 for Ivf, then it's sa la already.

im in 2ww. I also used to hv retroverted uterus.

now having insomia. for past 3 days wake up 3am.

abt the 1 good egg to bfp, she delivered a baby based on just retrieval of 1 egg and fetilised it. yes good for quality. my last round also more (20) eggs but they din really made it.

have faith!

I am

considering maybe 3 months break after I discuss with doc loh on doing a lap to solve my hydrosap tubes . I bit impatient to embark on ivf;(.pretty desperate .i just take royal jelly ,CQ10.folic acid .prenatal multivitamin .i wil continue these for my next ivf and maybe try tcm since I have not attempt tcm at all . I feel you can try royal jelly which is a fertility super food for egg quality .for natural icsi.did you go thru any jabs ?or purely on clomid?sorry if I ask too much ;)

Jts: I used to have bad quality eggs. Even from my 1st 2 cycles I get the same comment from the embryologist. N also I had a d&c. Did a chromosome test and it cfmed that there is an issue wif my egg quality. After that I took a lot of supplements n also continued my TCM. Finally all paid off and this cycle quality has increased. So sometimes patience pay off. To let the supplements and TCM work, you need at least 3 mths.
I find that the accu helps wif my quantity n the supplements help wif my quality..

Ya lor ya lor. I was quite scared I got it wrong so I asked the nurse during my first ivf and during the 2nd ivf, I asked the same set of questions again. Kiasu :p

Full flow DOES NOT EQUATE to heavy flow. Remember that ok. Full flow means got blood flowing out quite constantly. Not just few drop here and there. Some cycles, after couple days of spotting, I will have light to medium flow on first day then 2nd day is heavy flow. So if I consider 2nd day of heavy flow as D1 for Ivf, then it's sa la already.
Ok got it le. Thanks all

@mrs_tann Not sure if you remember me. I msg you regarding reiki healing while i was cycling in 2011. I was that lady with only 1 egg. ;)
I did not succeed in that cycle though. I only succeeded a yr later under Dr Loh at TFC.
You r still seeing Mdm Tan?
Hope you will be successful.
How old is your girl?

Hi, i'm new to this forum..i've done endoscratch last mth, now ivf 2ww period. I"ve only experienced slight pain during endoscratch, so shld be fine..Moreover I had it empty bladder, which shldn't be.. (I was given the wrong info by the nurse) doctor's instruction is to have half bladder which I think may lesser the pain level even more.. All the best!
Hi, i'm new to this forum..i've done endoscratch last mth, now ivf 2ww period. I"ve only experienced slight pain during endoscratch, so shld be fine..Moreover I had it empty bladder, which shldn't be.. (I was given the wrong info by the nurse) doctor's instruction is to have half bladder which I think may lesser the pain level even more.. All the best!
All the best to you! Yes the pain was bearable like menses pain and the procedure was very fast.

just wondering is wine allowed during ivf process (before ET)? also, for those who are in 2ww onward, how do u 'reject' job (eg carry files, delivery stuff etc) by your colleagues if u chosen to undergo the process without telling them? i understand that after ET, not allow to carry heavy things or walk up stairs etc? (kiasuly ask first as i intend not to share with anyone except boss)

just wondering is wine allowed during ivf process (before ET)? also, for those who are in 2ww onward, how do u 'reject' job (eg carry files, delivery stuff etc) by your colleagues if u chosen to undergo the process without telling them? i understand that after ET, not allow to carry heavy things or walk up stairs etc?

Just say you got no strength to carry or ask a guy colleague to help you. My managers are used to it, always allow me carry heavy things. Naturally, they think I will continue to carry or move heavy things around. Nowadays I pretend got no strength, I let the items sit there forever. If they ask me to move, I said I got no strength, and in return, I asked them back "Can you move the heavy items yourself? I got no strength to carry."

just wondering is wine allowed during ivf process (before ET)? also, for those who are in 2ww onward, how do u 'reject' job (eg carry files, delivery stuff etc) by your colleagues if u chosen to undergo the process without telling them? i understand that after ET, not allow to carry heavy things or walk up stairs etc?
I think best to go on hl leave for at least 10 days after et. (So its no to office work since u are at home). Just tell them u going for some op on woman's issues if boss ask u y need to go hl leave so long. So if they are humane enough,should not ask u to carry heavy thgs when u r back

I think best to go on hl leave for at least 10 days after et. (So its no to office work since u are at home). Just tell them u going for some op on woman's issues if boss ask u y need to go hl leave so long. So if they are humane enough,should not ask u to carry heavy thgs when u r back
during the eariler cycle in sep, i already rested for 1 wk...scare to ask for HL in next cycle...in my org, quite a women environment..hiaz..quite difficult to make them move as they are more senior in ranking than me....

during the eariler cycle in sep, i already rested for 1 wk...scare to ask for HL in next cycle...in my org, quite a women environment..hiaz..quite difficult to make them move as they are more senior in ranking than me....
U same as me. But i think i worse. I apply for hl in may n hl again in oct for e polyp removal. I also wonder wat i should tell them for 2nd ivf for e hl. My dep has 70 pp,not intend to tell them i go ivf as thgs will spread like wildfire to other dep. Cannot take this type of stress of answering pp quest on ivf on top of my e ivf stress.
Zzz

How was ur endo scratch
Hi, it's a very fast procedure, ard 5mins or so. Substantial pain during the procedure but subsided after awhile. I had spotting after that too.. Now waiting for AF to report and I can start my crazy injections :( All the best to you for yours next week :)

just wondering is wine allowed during ivf process (before ET)? also, for those who are in 2ww onward, how do u 'reject' job (eg carry files, delivery stuff etc) by your colleagues if u chosen to undergo the process without telling them? i understand that after ET, not allow to carry heavy things or walk up stairs etc? (kiasuly ask first as i intend not to share with anyone except boss)

Wear flats walk very slowly and tell people you sprain your ankle. So nobody will ask u walk and u can also don't carry heavy things.

U same as me. But i think i worse. I apply for hl in may n hl again in oct for e polyp removal. I also wonder wat i should tell them for 2nd ivf for e hl. My dep has 70 pp,not intend to tell them i go ivf as thgs will spread like wildfire to other dep. Cannot take this type of stress of answering pp quest on ivf on top of my e ivf stress.
Zzz

Same here! I didn't tell my boss & colleagues about going for ivf cos we just got a new boss recently, and I don't trust him.... Plus it doesn't help that several colleagues have been popping babies like no one's business, so I doubt they'll understand the struggles that I've been having.

I had to go for polyp removal early this year too, but fortunately was only HL for 3 days so there were few questions. Now I'm on the full 18 day HL for ivf but I just said its a relatively minor female surgery which the doc advises more rest. Ppl generally dun dare ask too much when it's a female problem & my job involves a lot of walking sometimes so it makes sense to rest. It also helps that it's now Dec when a lot of ppl start taking their holidays for vacations & Christmas.

The only thing is I dunno what i'll do if this round doesn't work. I'll have no way of giving another excuse for a 2nd round! Plus I got no frozen ebbies so if there's a need for another round, it'll be another fresh cycle . Thinking of whether to quit my job if this happens. Did anyone here stop work cos of ivf?

I took annual leave, each time 1-2wks as I also don't wish to deal with busy bodies asking me abt ivf. I didn't even tell my parents.

connie. just say go for op relating to women issue. second one say doc say need to go for op again.

I also carry files. but just 1 arch file la. but not many files at the same time. that day I boght red date 900g and 300g black dates so its over 1kg already. Up to your comfort level but I think shld not carry so heavy stuff like 3 kg or more bah.

Same here! I didn't tell my boss & colleagues about going for ivf cos we just got a new boss recently, and I don't trust him.... Plus it doesn't help that several colleagues have been popping babies like no one's business, so I doubt they'll understand the struggles that I've been having.

I had to go for polyp removal early this year too, but fortunately was only HL for 3 days so there were few questions. Now I'm on the full 18 day HL for ivf but I just said its a relatively minor female surgery which the doc advises more rest. Ppl generally dun dare ask too much when it's a female problem & my job involves a lot of walking sometimes so it makes sense to rest. It also helps that it's now Dec when a lot of ppl start taking their holidays for vacations & Christmas.

The only thing is I dunno what i'll do if this round doesn't work. I'll have no way of giving another excuse for a 2nd round! Plus I got no frozen ebbies so if there's a need for another round, it'll be another fresh cycle . Thinking of whether to quit my job if this happens. Did anyone here stop work cos of ivf?

How abt unpaid leave? 2-3mths? Say u have personal matters. At least u still have a job to return to. But of coz it's also subject to approval. Hope we don't need that! Jia you!

Back