bad experience with MY MAID STATION agency.

joy4ever

hi,
i would like to share my bad experience with the "My maid Station".
recently i've hired a maid from them after my previous maid who worked for me for 2and half years( from other agency) left for good. iam a mother of three children aged 8, 6, and 2. we took a maid from my maid staion at bukit timah shopping centre. we requested him many times to provide a maid who can understand basic english. finally when we went to take the maid, she could hardly understand anything. she is not trained.. she doesnt know any work or cannot speak anything. all that she can say is "yes ma'm". what ever i say she just says "yes ma'm". my husband is a frequent traveller, and iam alone with threee children and whith this maid i had horrible experience. almost half of the work i use to do. but still i thought of giving her a chance and told the agent to send translator. i told him iam helpless, 'my husband is overseas now, im with three kids and i cannot comedown to your office please send me a translator so that she can understand better'. he charged 50$ for sending the translator. despite telling her many times, she clean the windows but leave the window grill open and unlocked. she burn children clothes, my dresses. she became a threat to the saftety of my children. my daughter (6yrs) saw her slaping my 2year old boy. she is very irresponsible girl i had ever seen. she take children to play ground and just dont care to watch them. she dont care to bring back the soccer ball or anything if my children forget to bring. i cought her red handed eating nutella which is meant for children and dinking the choclate milk . she is good at telling lies. we took her to the agency to return her back. there i saw 3 employers came and return their maids within half an hour of my stay. all the other transfer maids are also horrible. so we brought back her and thought to keep her until the loan amount is finished.
but to our surprise we got a letter from MOM that they want to interview our maid. so we took her and found out that we abused her..( to our surprise). infact we are the one who got cheated by the agency, lost our money and simply feeding her at home.. and she inturn complained against us. after police investigation of two months they said that we are not guilty and we can hire another maid. now the MOM or police are not at all investigating the agency. i strongly believe that this agency MY MAID STATION survives on the money they get from transfer maids. they teach their maids to false accuse their employers and suck blood from innocent Singaporeans. I urge Singaporeans to be aware of this agency and not to get attracted to their "0 agency fee' for the new maids. its all a dirty trick played by them. once you pay the money they show their true colours. with in one month they will make you to transfer your maid ( you will transfer bcoz they will provide incompetent maids). and let you take another transfer maid (for which you have to pay extra). even the maid is one month experienced in Singapore they put 'ex-singapore' stamp on her and sell her in the market. and if we refuse to take another maid from them, they will show 1000001 meaningless policies of their company and will try not to refund our money. thats what iam facing right now. it is an EVIL AGENCY. we have paid around 4k to the agency. and i want refund. can anybody suggest me what to do. plss....

hi joy,
im sorry u have to face such a horrible situation. maybe u can try to make a complaint to AEAS. its an accreditation body for all maid agencies.
thats why when these agencies use $0 dollar have to be very very careful. its 100% scam. common sense will tell u that something is not right. how can the agency operate like that? its afterall a biz. there must be a catch somewhere. so usually what happens is that the maid come sin with a super high loan. in ur case i would assume is the $4000 u paid upfront. which is penny wise pound foolish cause now u may not be able to get back the $4k.
and wen maids come in with such high loans, they wont work properly coz low morale and to the agency the client is the maid. Not you. coz u pay $0 and she pays super high loan.

most proper agencies charge about 2.5-3k. and the maid comes in with 2- 3 mths loan. i dunno if u read papers recently with all that uproar on unscrupulous agencies. about 2 weeks back. talking exactly the same thing as what u r experiencing now.
and when u go to a proper reputable agency, u can be rest assured that they do not teach their maids to come back and do all that nonsense.

also, my agency told me its law that u sign their work history. and if they are ex sin, it will show on the paper under mom. so they cant just anyhow say that the maid is ex sin. next time when u go to another proper agency, rem to ask for that work history paper if they are ex sin.

if u need a recommendation, u can go to Faith employment agency. u will be in safe hands coz the lady boss monica is very honorable and no nonsense type. maybe u can call her and ask her advise on this situation u r in.
her no is 64471636.

Dear mummygoh thank you for your reply. yes I've filed a complaint to AEAS and also to small claims tribunal. yes it was my mistake to trust these agents. we thought they are genuine. we had our previous helpér (a filipino from other agency)with us for 2and half years and we didn't have any issues with her. We are in good terms till today.
Unfortunately we came to this agency 'my maid station'. They are very unprofessional and they provide incompetent maids. I've posted my experience on this forum bcoz I don't want anybody to go through such a horrible experience of what I have gone through.
thankyou also for suggesting me good agencies.

Hi all, just to add on to joy4ever's incident...

I didn't see this post before getting my current maid from My Maids Station at bt timah as well... Maid promised everything can do, want to learn if don't know.
Came for 3 days and insisted she wants to go back to agent.

Agree and highly suspect they get much earnings through their transfer maids. Now headache also cos maid sulk at home and refuse to do work, keep asking me to send her back to agent for no apparent reason. Agent not very helpful also. Keep dishing out "company policies" about this and that.

joy4ever - what's the situation after your complaint with AEAS and Small Claims Tribunal? Think I might have to go that route too... paid 4.2K... hAIz.

Dear j.allandra.. that agent returned 1k but we lost 2 throughout this process. We paid 8 months salary upfront and she worked with us only for 3 months. The remaining money is for his cunning policies. They are very unprofessional agents in the world. They don't meet the requirements of their customers instead they talk about their policies that make them earn money. They are literally sucking blood out of the helpless singaporeans.

Back