Any SAHM at punggol area 2 share their parenting tips/experiences/info/knowledge etc? :)

zlingz

Hi all, I'm a SAHM and my son is now 22 months old. Do any of you have any useful parenting tips/ideas to share especially right now my son is going through The Terrible Twos phase? Really appreciate that. :) Also,if u stay around Punggol, we could meet up together with our kiddos and make new friends too.

Hi Zlingz, i have a daughter born jan 2012. She also keep throwing temper out of small things or if things doesnt go her way. I try the soft approach but i guess reasoning doesnt really works at their age. However she can repeat what i told like "cannot throw things at di di, cannot shout , cannot splash water in bathroom , cannot... " . But still she does all that. Pretty stubborn. It seems like the old school teaching methods work better for her.... smack her palm or buttocks really hard. I stay in punggol too ;)

Hi Xuan_mom! Thanks for ur reply. :) Are u a SAHM too? Yes! My son behaves like that too and sometimes I'm kinda worried to bring him out to play with other kids at the playground since kids at this age still do not know how to share and tends to be selfish and may throw things at other kids or scream at them. Where do u usually bring your daughter to on weekdays?

Hi Zling, im a working mum. Yah my gal will tell other kids to go away and snatch people toy and very bad in emotion control. :confused:As she likes to read books, i tried to relate to her the characters in the books to teach her the right and wrong. I guess it takes time for her to learn. Especially now she got a little bro and fighting for attention:(. Just got to constantly remind her and praise her for gd behaviour.

I bring my gal to both indoor n outdoor playgrd, either foc those at shopping mall like Nex, tampines or paid one like kids explorer or changi airport that one. Kids need to sweat too leh. Cannot everytime in aircon playgrd.
Recently brght her to marina by the bay got very nice Christmas lighting and bubble snow session and Changi Airport mickey mouse theme activities like drawing n jumping castle. I also previously joined my rc activities to goat n frog farm and she enjoyed a lot. Wkend i have to do it my own as my hubby works on wkend.... haiz...:( but that doesnt stop me here finding activities for my gal. Coming i also jst sign up Christmas celebration w rc , got jumping castle n christmas deco. Hope she can mix w other kids.

I see I see. Wow... it must be really tough and challenging for you! Salute! Then who takes care of your children now? How old is your son now?

Your daughter should be around 3 years old now right? I think that is a good way to teach her. :) My son is 22 months old and he is very cheeky. He seems to understand what we are saying but sometimes he will choose not to listen or maybe he really doesn't understand. Haha...

Yea, they love to run around in the outdoor too. My son can go round and round and round and round the outdoor playground and usually it's my husband and I who got tired out first. Haha.

That's nice! Which RC did you join? Hopefully my son can join in too. :D

My boy is 14mths old. I always keep a look out at the notice board for the Rc event at my estate. ;). Is ur estate rc active? Sun i will bring kids to parent hse. Sat at home w maid n kid. Once a while i try to find activites cater to just to one child n bring either my gal or boy out so that they can have my full attention.

Yes. My estate is rc active but most of the activities that I saw seem unsuitable for kids below 2 or 3. I might have missed out some too. Haha.

Which estate do u stay in? :)

Care to share more on how you handle when your daughter throws tantrum in public? E.g. wanting to take something or doing something dangerous?

Haha usually i will just ignore her and let her cry until she stop. Just two weeks ago she insisted that i carry her after i had already carried her for a long walk. She refused to walk.. even the security guard at the marina by the bay walk over to ask her what happen as he thought she was alone. I was standing abt 4 m away. She ask the guard to go away. Haha. Then i walk over to tell her im not going to carry her and we r not goin bk until she walk on her own. It took me 20min bfo she gave up. Last sat she throw her cup w ribena at home when i told her not to play w cup as its spilling off , i give her a cloth n insisted she mop it as nobody else will do it for her.

In short, i insist my point to her and will not give in to her. Sometimes she run away and slam door if i scold her or so. I will catch her bfo she run away and let her cry out until she stop. I tell her to calm down and wait till she stop crying then i explain to her.

My gal is stubborn. You have to understand ur kid, different child different character so different methods of teaching.

I see I see. I think what you are doing is good as you do not give in to her and you are firm and consistent in your teaching. *Thumbs up*

Yes, I totally agree with you! My son is also very stubborn. Haha. I use similar method as you though some people may think that I am heartless by letting my son to cry until he stops but that is where he learns that he won't get everything he wants. I'm glad to have found another mom who understands. *high five* :)

Back