Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Hi I'm new here. 5 weeks preggy. I lie in bed all dare. I'm too afraid to move

@w2656 I agree with ecym. Unless your doc says yours is a high risk pregnancy and you need bed rest, you should move about and carry on daily activities. Light exercise like walking will be good for you. Just avoid vigorous exercise and jumping up and down.

hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and stumbled upon this thread while googling for some preggy info. I am currently in my 28 going on 29 weeks of my pregnancy. And it also took me 2+yrs to conceive via IVF. I can really understand those unfriendly comments of ppl who can conceive easily... So it's really heartwarming to find this thread! Anyone whose EDD also end jan 2015?

hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and stumbled upon this thread while googling for some preggy info. I am currently in my 28 going on 29 weeks of my pregnancy. And it also took me 2+yrs to conceive via IVF. I can really understand those unfriendly comments of ppl who can conceive easily... So it's really heartwarming to find this thread! Anyone whose EDD also end jan 2015?

hello there... that would be me and @Archie7 ...

hello there... that would be me and @Archie7 ...

hello ecym and Archie7, so how are you gals feeling now? my bump was being commented still small even though my last appt gynae said my baby is growing well. And I'm still having reddish or brown discharge occasionally when I have bowel movement... my gynae put me on 1 mth utrogestan for this.... but 1 thing comforting is my boy is very active. so at least I know he is well in there! anyone of u has this prob? I have been spotting occasionally during bowel movement since 6 weeks preggy...this is d most traumatising thing to me since I have my bfp.....

hello ecym and Archie7, so how are you gals feeling now? my bump was being commented still small even though my last appt gynae said my baby is growing well. And I'm still having reddish or brown discharge occasionally when I have bowel movement... my gynae put me on 1 mth utrogestan for this.... but 1 thing comforting is my boy is very active. so at least I know he is well in there! anyone of u has this prob? I have been spotting occasionally during bowel movement since 6 weeks preggy...this is d most traumatising thing to me since I have my bfp.....

Hi @misaemama nice to meet you! I'm actually feeling great except for the times when baby moves about too much and distracts me, and when I have the occasional discomfort, aches and pain that prevent me from sleeping soundly. I'm having a boy too, and very active too! Same for me, I noticed my bump is still quite small compared to other mummies I see on the street (maybe they're due earlier?), but gynae already said my baby will be normal but not big, due to my petite size, so as long as he's growing within normal range, I should have nothing to worry about. What I find the hardest is the motivation to do my exercises, like the kegel exercises etc.

I'm sorry to hear you have occasional spotting, I don't have that so I can't comment much about it, but stay positive, yeah? You've come this far… I'm sure your gynae already told you what warning signs to look out for which should prompt you to go to hospital immediately? Btw, which hospital are you with?

Maybe your placental is kinda low in position that is why you have on off spotting? So long gynae said bb is growing well... just follow what he/she says... We are in our final lap.... jia you jia you

Hi @misaemama nice to meet you! I'm actually feeling great except for the times when baby moves about too much and distracts me, and when I have the occasional discomfort, aches and pain that prevent me from sleeping soundly. I'm having a boy too, and very active too! Same for me, I noticed my bump is still quite small compared to other mummies I see on the street (maybe they're due earlier?), but gynae already said my baby will be normal but not big, due to my petite size, so as long as he's growing within normal range, I should have nothing to worry about. What I find the hardest is the motivation to do my exercises, like the kegel exercises etc.

I'm sorry to hear you have occasional spotting, I don't have that so I can't comment much about it, but stay positive, yeah? You've come this far… I'm sure your gynae already told you what warning signs to look out for which should prompt you to go to hospital immediately? Btw, which hospital are you with?

thanks Archie7! my boy also kicks hard and jerks me off sleep at night sometimes. haha.. but it's fun and I like the bonding btw us. I'm with kkh since I did my cyst removal surgery and moved on to ivf. what about u? I have colleagues who are with TMC and I find that being in a govt hosp and private rate is not cheap....

Maybe your placental is kinda low in position that is why you have on off spotting? So long gynae said bb is growing well... just follow what he/she says... We are in our final lap.... jia you jia you

Hi ecym, yeah. during 1 of my scares of spotting near 2nd trimester, d medical officer did say my placenta was still at low position causing this. my lastest appt last mth with gynae he checked that my placenta was low but not too low to be alarming and when baby grow placenta likely will move up.. so maybe is sensitive cervix n he want to me careful and put me on utrogestan again. I will feedback to him again and pray that placenta position move up and no scares till full term....

u r rite! last lap liao. so we must endure and look forward to giving birth a healthy baby in our hands!

thanks Archie7! my boy also kicks hard and jerks me off sleep at night sometimes. haha.. but it's fun and I like the bonding btw us. I'm with kkh since I did my cyst removal surgery and moved on to ivf. what about u? I have colleagues who are with TMC and I find that being in a govt hosp and private rate is not cheap....

I'm with Raffles. I like it for its nice environment and it's near enough to my office. Although KKH is nearer, within easy walking distance, I was scared I had to wait hours for each gynae appointment. I kind of regret going private becoz for every gynae visit and scan, I have to pay more than $200, and I have no insurance for that. Worse is when I fall sick and visit the GP, the GP will push me to the gynae to play safe, then the gynae will charge more than $300 for an "emergency" consultation. May as well cut a hole in my wallet and let the cash fall out, haha! Now just praying hard I will be able to have a normal, natural delivery, to save on the charges for caesarean and NICU. NICU is a huge money drainer in private hospitals.

I'm with Raffles. I like it for its nice environment and it's near enough to my office. Although KKH is nearer, within easy walking distance, I was scared I had to wait hours for each gynae appointment. I kind of regret going private becoz for every gynae visit and scan, I have to pay more than $200, and I have no insurance for that. Worse is when I fall sick and visit the GP, the GP will push me to the gynae to play safe, then the gynae will charge more than $300 for an "emergency" consultation. May as well cut a hole in my wallet and let the cash fall out, haha! Now just praying hard I will be able to have a normal, natural delivery, to save on the charges for caesarean and NICU. NICU is a huge money drainer in private hospitals.

wow. that is very exp! govt hospitals do have to wait but now I'm alri experienced in having early appts so that we dun need to wait that long. lol. but emergency consultations r killers. for kkh we need to go to the 24hrs clinic for 22 weeks and below and delivery suite for 22 and above.... each time cost ard $100 over.. but raffles is indeed much more exp. my hubby who has a colleague with private hosp and wife water bag burst at 33 weeks... was transferred to kkh since d pd and everything is more equipped.... his bill est is > 20k. after medisave is hard cash > 10k....

so we better pray hard hard that we can deliver naturally at full term. at least at 37 weeks! jiayou! I checked with my agent that buying preggy insurance is not worth as d payout is not much....

Anybody still on duphaston in trimester 2 or till delivery? Today my doc increased dosage when I told him I experienced lower abdomen pain sometimes n he told me it shld not be. He didnt bother to explain more. Im quite disgusted by him n feel like changing doc. I do no understand why I still need duphaston in my 20th week.

After the end of first tri, you can stop all the support. How's everything?
Thanks babe. Ok all is well i hope :)
Just that i am supposed to be on progesterone support. But I had no appt with doctor since wk 7 and my next appt is wk 15. So have no idea when i am supposed to stop it.

Thanks babe. Ok all is well i hope :)
Just that i am supposed to be on progesterone support. But I had no appt with doctor since wk 7 and my next appt is wk 15. So have no idea when i am supposed to stop it.
The medication prescribed should last you for the duration that was discussed during your consultation. Why don't you give the doctor a call if you are unsure?

The medication prescribed should last you for the duration that was discussed during your consultation. Why don't you give the doctor a call if you are unsure?
He prescribed until wk 12, and actually i am supposed to see him in wk 13 for check up but my appt got postponed by KKH... I don't think can call him, even want to see him without appt is very hard.

Hi_mei, I stopped my progesterone support till wk12-13 as my gynae said placenta shd have taken the job over.

How's everything?

Hi_mei, I stopped my progesterone support till wk12-13 as my gynae said placenta shd have taken the job over.

How's everything?
Hi dolly gal u wld have given birth already right? Congrats? How is princess doing?

I am ok, just wondering whether to continue the progesterone. Anyway supply also running out soon.

Baby is growing quite well. I think TSB medicine not bad, it is actually growing faster and is now ahead of time. My EDD keeps getting pushed forward lol.

My princess is 16 days old now. In fact today is her actual edd. Yes when I m under tsb medication, my gal is always 1 weeks ahead growth according to the chart. But as long she is healthy n not too big, much gynaw has no concern over it.

My princess is 16 days old now. In fact today is her actual edd. Yes when I m under tsb medication, my gal is always 1 weeks ahead growth according to the chart. But as long she is healthy n not too big, much gynaw has no concern over it.
Thats great! Do take care of urself too! Confinement period is important to give u strength for the long road ahead with ur blessed daughter :)

hi anyone with Benjamin Tham from TMC? is he good and attentive to ivf conceived? is his c stitches skilful? I am thinking of changing gynae in my 20 week now.

Meoow30, I have couples of nov mummies under ben tham. Heard He is good n pro natural. He prefer small babies, when bb put on too much weight during mummy pregnancy He will nag at mummy to control..
I heard his charges aso not ex as well..

i stopped duphaston ard wk 10.. think i heard that they r some pte drs who recommend use of duphaston until 2nd trimester.. is it round ligament pain that happens when ur uterus is expanding? that's quite common actuallt

Thank you dolly_gal again. So they are also ivf mummies with Dr Tham?

Twinklelight, my doc nvr say anything. Jus prescribed more dosage n say cos I did ivf. But I feel like i need some assurance. Then it is nurse who said I need to do genstational diabetics test in the next visit. Is it a common practice? How come it is not the doc to tell me n what to prepare or expect of in the next visit?

hi @meoow30, i've frens who go for the gestational diabetics test in the second trimester. it depends on the person's age, family history, etc... during your oscar test, the nurse will do one of the blood tests on the glucose level or smthg. if no issues, u dun need further test for gestational diabetics..

Meoow30, in some gynae view, they feel ivf bb are more fragile. To my gynae, He is more worry for my case as He felt I went thru So much, He take extra steps to make sure I m comfy n bb is safe thruout pregnancy.

Thank you dolly_gal again. So they are also ivf mummies with Dr Tham?

Twinklelight, my doc nvr say anything. Jus prescribed more dosage n say cos I did ivf. But I feel like i need some assurance. Then it is nurse who said I need to do genstational diabetics test in the next visit. Is it a common practice? How come it is not the doc to tell me n what to prepare or expect of in the next visit?

Normally we will do e urine test everytime we visit gynea only change in the color then u r request to take the gestational diabetics test. Maybe ur dr just.want to be caution. I had my #1 diabetics during 8mth pregnancy and so is some of my friend. Even I had history on it, my gynea nv required me to do any of the test. I'm currently 17 week. But I control my diet since I know I gt #2.

hi anyone with Benjamin Tham from TMC? is he good and attentive to ivf conceived? is his c stitches skilful? I am thinking of changing gynae in my 20 week now.

Hi @meoow30 , I am with Dr Ben Tham. He has always been attentive and supportive but he is very cautious esp towards IVF conceived baby. My first born (natural) was delivered by him via C sect. My this IVF baby (31weeks) was conceived in SGH after SGH CARE discharged me, i went back to Dr Ben Tham.

My 2nd baby was also IVF conceived in SGH but due to chromosome disorder, Dr Tham helped me to terminate my pregnancy.

Last edited:
I am now moving to my 3rd tri.. Getting really nervous . Preparing some stuff for my baby arrival Liao.. Time really flies.. From the day of injections to 3rd tri.. Still in disbelief that I am finally pregnant.
Jiayou! Exciting times coming soon!! Finally u get to hold ur bundle of joy!!

I am now moving to my 3rd tri.. Getting really nervous . Preparing some stuff for my baby arrival Liao.. Time really flies.. From the day of injections to 3rd tri.. Still in disbelief that I am finally pregnant.

@Hope42014, i've the same feeling as you.. the year 2014 has been a mixed bag of emotions too.. :)

Hi mummies, I asked the nurse why i need gestation diabetes test and she told me it's cos ivf is high risk pregnancy so must test. So not sure if u all went for this test..

Can I kw if this test is also required by Dr Benjamin Tham and how much he charge for one duphaston pill and one utrogestan?

Hi mummies, I asked the nurse why i need gestation diabetes test and she told me it's cos ivf is high risk pregnancy so must test. So not sure if u all went for this test..

Can I kw if this test is also required by Dr Benjamin Tham and how much he charge for one duphaston pill and one utrogestan?
Hello, there are many factors that a gynae may look at to determine if a mummy needs to go for GD test, tho i have not heard that ivf is a must. Dr Tham ordered a GD test cuz my bb weighs slightly bigger than avg then and i am older. I passed the test so no further tests needed.

Duphaston, i remember dr Tham clinic charged 1.50 per tablet, he also encourages ivf mummies to take Duphaston till 13-15 wks if she has episodes of spotting

Hi meow30

I went for the GD test due to family history. My dad has diabetes and i went for the test at near 30 weeks. Gynae will also trigger when ur urine test shows sugar content. I failed my OGTT marginally by 0.5 and was asked by gynae to go for 1 day workshop at kkh to learn how to eat for strict diet. My gynae is more kiasu even though all along my baby is on track with the weight and stuff. I think taking the diet plan helps to have a well balanced diet, spreading out the carbos. But need to curb craves. Haha.... i just started with my measurements today on glucometer and really amazed me that simple food at hawker will also cause increase in blood sugar. It's their method of cooking to increase the taste i guess...

Omg can we skip this GD test?

The GD test is standard for all preggers. I did mine at the start of the 3rd tri. Why do you want to avoid it? It's good for you and bb as GD is very dangerous. If *touch wood* you have it, it's good to detect it early so that you can control your diet to ensure a safe pregnancy and delivery. If you don't have it, the test will confirm it and you can have peace of mind to eat well for bb to develop and grow properly.

The GD test is standard for all preggers. I did mine at the start of the 3rd tri. Why do you want to avoid it? It's good for you and bb as GD is very dangerous. If *touch wood* you have it, it's good to detect it early so that you can control your diet to ensure a safe pregnancy and delivery. If you don't have it, the test will confirm it and you can have peace of mind to eat well for bb to develop and grow properly.
I would agree with @Archie7, the test is to help u. It is probably better to go thru the test and if u suay suay really have GD, at least steps can be taken to control, and u can ensure that ur baby is safe and healthy. Is there a reason why u don't want to do it? I guess u could also monitor urself by getting the glucose test strips from the pharmacy but that wld be quite unnecessary. Better to do with doctor...

Archie 7 is right. I have went for the 1 day workshop and have been briefed on the consequences of having GD if not controlled properly. We were told that some preggers cheat or doesnt know they have high sugar level and the most fatal consequence is having a stillborn. Coz the placenta is unable to perform its function well and slowly led to fetus unable to get nutrients. But more common prob is having a big baby and d baby will suffer a low sugar level or dissociated arm when born. This will cause u having more time n $ spent on hosp. Even though i'm a mild case, but i tink i benefit more and eat healthily with exercise.

@meoow30 and if I am not wrong, most pregnant ladies (incl the natural ones) will do the GD test. It is not really related to whether u did IVF or not.

Thanks all. I will jus follow to do the test as it benefits. I jus worry I fail n to control diet is not easy..

Hi all, I'm new to this thread. Tested positive yesterday. Did IVF at KKH under Dr Tan HH.
Do you continue with the gyane who did the IVF or change gyane after tested positive?

Hi all, I'm new to this thread. Tested positive yesterday. Did IVF at KKH under Dr Tan HH.
Do you continue with the gyane who did the IVF or change gyane after tested positive?

not all IVF dr will continue to monitor their bfp patients ... but its good to continue with current IVF dr until at least first trimester is over...

Back