(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

crab is okie...good source.of calcium. some ppl say baby come out a lot of hands. All babies alot hands 1 loh.

everything in moderation.

today saw the diabetic dr. he say my blood pressure high normal..towards later part of pregnancy maybe need to eat medicine plus thyroid gland abit swollen...sianz..need to be more discipline in my diet.

a good note...my hubby let me go dye my hair leh..he say wan than faster do. so tempting!

Envy u all Leh. Got food cravings.
Went hawker earlier, then went ntuc while queuing feel like fainting.
Then sat at hawker and vomit. Sigh when will this ms thing b over

I eat crab too. Basically eat everything in moderation except for half boil egg and raw food like sashimi.
Jean1986, i totally feel you man. Just now my dad cook taiwan oyster mee sua, it smells so good but i wanna puke while eating. Then he braised some duck meat w pig intestines which i used to adore, but now i can't take it too...
This one is so unlike my #1... this one is so picky.. i hope she/he won't turn out to be picky eater

I think can eat most types of food in moderation. But what I heard is to avoid raw food, so that the bacteria from the food is not passed on to the baby...

Today I crave for bbq food, so I'm waiting for hubby to wake up from his nap so that we can go buy a bbq grill!!! I got all the seafood and chicken at home to be bbq!!!

Definitely this pregnancy is so diff from #1. I think about eat, eat and eat!!

Mine is also different from the previous 1. This 1 is tougher. #1 I had no ms, no acid reflux, no cramps, slp well, eat well. Lol...

I got food craving too. But everytime i try eat, i feel nausea and giddy. So i onli eat a few mouth and stop.

I just received my OSCAR test results, quite bad for T21.

Background risk 1:226
Adjusted risk 1:127 due to my blood test and my maternal age of 36.

But the screening turns out my baby has good results with NT 1.5mm and high nasal bone of 2.4mm. My gynae suggests me to take the Harmony test next week.

I really pray and hope this is a false alarm.

Last edited:
my appetite super gd too. Buuuuut got facial break outs. so many pimples on forehead.. urgh.

im gg for chalet/bbq latee.. wooo hooo.. but am craving for chilli crab. Droooools.

@hippo78 is it still necessary to do harmony test since screening has gd results?
A lot of people got such results from Oscar test but baby still turn out perfectly fine. That's why I think I'm opting out. Unless the results do affect your decision of continuing the pregnancy.

@jean1986, doing Harmony test is just a peace of mind. Do you have bad OSCAR results too?
If baby screening is good, does it rule out the possibility of down?

I'm in a dilemma now.

@jean1986, doing Harmony test is just a peace of mind. Do you have bad OSCAR results too?
If baby screening is good, does it rule out the possibility of down?

I'm in a dilemma now.

I'm only due for oscar in 3 weeks time as I'm now 10 weeks. But I'm not doing. I did for my #1 though. As I'm below 30, the ratio was gd. And I think my Gynae was more concerned of the nasal bone. If doing Harmony gives you a peace of mind, then go ahead. Not gd to be worrying all day ya?

What does ur hub suggest?

Well he is quite supportive of Harmony. He wants me to skip OSCAR test in future because it's causing anxiety based purely on probability.

Last edited:
Well he is quite supportive of Harmony. He wants me to skip OSCAR test in future because it's causing anxiety based on probability.
I agree... Because of ur age, the oscar result may not be as good as what u expect it to be. Might as well just spend on Harmony and save on oscar test.
How much is ur Gynae charging for harmony

I am super duper like food with spicy type.. These will only makes me appetite.. And I dun really like rice nowadays. I only can take a few spoonful of rice..

I am super duper like food with spicy type.. These will only makes me appetite.. And I dun really like rice nowadays. I only can take a few spoonful of rice..
Same. I cant swallow rice. Keep thinking of spicy food. Hehe. Then u all talking abt crab. I suddenly feel like eating also. For my #1 i no eat crab coz no craving but she also very kpo and very notti. Here touch there touch lo.

Hi, I just tested positive this morning. Have not gone to the Gynae yet. Only told Hubby. Having mixed feelings. This will be my 3rd. Its my 1st time joining Motherhood forum. Very lost

Last edited:
Congrats Mummyof3jays!
fglim_carissa, me too!! just feel better after eating spicy food but my colleagues are stopping me cos they said not good for baby.. is it true??? Although my MS was quite bad, every time I see those plain soupy food I even more no appetite sia.. my hubby said just eat whatever I feel like eating. Lol I miss my salmon sashimi, ya kun half boiled eggs.... But I know I cannot eat these raw food.... sigh...

Hippo78, no need worry la. Oscar has alot of false positive results one. My test result for my #1 was worst than yours, 1:63 despite my age was only 26! that time i wasn't keen on the amino fluid test so i went to do genetic scan which shows no sign of down syndrome and dr revised the risk to 1:1600+. Btw my boy was born perfectly normal and healthy.
So this time I'm skipping oscar and go straight for genetic scan.

@Happy~Mian I still drink Yakult, as previously I hardly can drink plain water. These 2 days only can drink plain water. When I had my #1 I eat spicy food including tomyam in my first trimester. I can't stand without having it. One bad thing is I have a lot of pimples on my face and my back. But, I don't care la.. Eat is more important than anything else at that moment.. Haha.. But raw food I not dare to eat.. I'm super fan of sashimi and sushi, but.. Gonna stop for a year.. So craving for it!

@hippo78: stay positive. I've also heard of many high risks results end up is false alarm. During my #1's time, there was a gynae recommendation who specialize in looking at mummies with high risk oscar results. Sorry I can't recall his name now. Let me try to search n see if I can find.

I'm also considering to skip oscar n just do detailed scan. But my hub says to just do like wat we did for #1, so ok lor.

Any mummies having constipation issues already? I'm eating fruits n vege but I spend 3hrs sitting in the toilet just now, till I felt super giddy. Sigh... Again, I din have this problem with #1 lor. Haiz....

Too many post. I recall reading that @sasa_xie having #3 too? :) Anyone else?
My 1st child is 7 y o, 2nd is 3 y o , I calculated that 3rd should be due either end July or super early Aug.

Hope I can make more mummies friends here. I love to make friends but I am very new to motherhood forum :) Hope i can catch up and read up all the post.

Last edited:
Xu4n , I have constipation problem when I have my no 1. This 1 is ok so far. Probably is the iron pill effect.
Mummyof3jays, my girl is 3 yr old too. They are rather cute now right

Xu4n , I have constipation problem when I have my no 1. This 1 is ok so far. Probably is the iron pill effect.
Mummyof3jays, my girl is 3 yr old too. They are rather cute now right

Hi @nicokin19 : yup at a very cute stage now but my boy is very different from my #1 gal. #2 is a monkey. super active. Everyday jump here and there. Active bunny. haha

Oh dear ok ok I'll go buy from Watsons later

To all the mummies who have #1 or #2 already, have you all told your elder kids about their potential didi or meimei already? How to handle ah? I can foresee my girl being super duper possessive zzzz

Hi, I have 2 kids. my #1 gal i am sure she can accept it well. she accepted #2 boy very well. But think my boy should be very sticky coz he started being sticky since last week.

Actually my delivery experience at tmc was good too. I had very experienced nurses who were good. Hit and miss I guess. Tmr is my first appt... hope to give updates with good news.

Csy try ginger and lemon tea? For me I find that my peppermint essential oil really effective

I love my peppermint oil too :)

Hi ladies, is it normal not to have any ms yet for now? I'm abt 6w 4d and quite worried that I don't hv that much symptoms gg on other than feeling sleepy n tired all the time. Been googling and always end up in reading articles which gives me negative vibes. Opinions pls..

I have no MS for my #1, #2 was horrible. I vomitted for 4 months. Every pregnancy is diff. Not sure about my #3 thou

Is it safe to use acne cream? Out of sudden, I got one acne appearing at the tip of my nose. Now I look the part for Christmas... Lol!!!

When will be safe for travelling? Or actually anytime also can as long body can tk it? My mum is very old school. I think she will ban me

For my #2 i went holiday when i was 32 weeks pregnant. and now #3 i dun even know i was pregnant and just came back from holiday. haha

Saraii, I'm seeing Benjamin Tham too. My first appointment is 6 Dec with him. By then 7+ weeks. He was pretty good with my first preg, he's quite chill w alot of things and easy w giving MC. Opps.. hehe! I remember i was overdue for my #1 but he was ok for me to wait another week but it was me who choose to induce. He's definitely pro natural.
Csy1, I'm thinking of bkk too. Can shop for cheap bb clothes

Dr Benjamin is good
My previous was with Dr Paul Tseng but when he is not around I will see DR Benjamin :)

Hi at least you see ur baby in scan. Mine haven't seen yet. I m very worried. Urs should be OK. Maybe ur ovaluation late or what. Anyway which gynae u seeing? I still don't have any confirmed gynae. Anyone can suggest good gynae?

DR Benjamin Tham or Dr Paul Tseng from TMC

@hippo78 i also not far off from you. I'm 35 this year. I don't think I will go to those additional tests other than oscar test. Don't want to scare ourselves unnecessarily. But if it affects the decision for you to carry on with the pregnancy, then you should.

@Mummyof3jays congrats! Welcome!!!

@nicokin19 i will be going for road trip holiday in the following week just because it's planned quite some time back. Otherwise, I'm banning myself from any other holidays after this coz I don't want to jeopardise this pregnancy as we waited so long for this to happen. Would only consider staycation though. Seek advise from your gynae, coz it varies from one person to another

Perfect! it worked!!!!!!! Yabedabedoooooooo!

Gals, pls post your details, or let me know what else to add on so that we know who/wat/how far along we are.... i will add the info on....

I calculated myself , should be 4 weeks now :) EDD should be End JUly/EArly Aug. 3rd child :)

Hi mommies-to-be,
I'm 6 weeks pregnant now and supposed to travel to Taiwan tomorrow... On one part, I'm excited to go and I want to go, but on the other part, I'm very worried. I'm in the early 1st trimester. Is it ok to travel?? I'm so in a dilemma!!! Help!!!

Have anyone of u travelled in ur early 1st trimester? Can share ur experience??

For #1 i travelled without knowing i was pregnant, #2 I travelled when i was 32 weeks preggie, #3, just came back from holiday last week (tested positive this morning )

Enjoy :)

@hippo78 i also not far off from you. I'm 35 this year. I don't think I will go to those additional tests other than oscar test. Don't want to scare ourselves unnecessarily. But if it affects the decision for you to carry on with the pregnancy, then you should.

@Mummyof3jays congrats! Welcome!!!

@nicokin19 i will be going for road trip holiday in the following week just because it's planned quite some time back. Otherwise, I'm banning myself from any other holidays after this coz I don't want to jeopardise this pregnancy as we waited so long for this to happen. Would only consider staycation though. Seek advise from your gynae, coz it varies from one person to another

Thanks @erlisa :)

hello.. I just tested positive this morning! kinda apprehensive, coz I just did a dye & perm two day ago without knowing I could be pregnant!!
anyway, this will be my second baby! (but will do another test tml to double confirm!!!)

I've been looking at baby stuffs most of this week... Cant contain My excitement!! And worst, I've yet to see a sac and a yolk and a heartbeat!!!

hello.. I just tested positive this morning! kinda apprehensive, coz I just did a dye & perm two day ago without knowing I could be pregnant!!
anyway, this will be my second baby! (but will do another test tml to double confirm!!!)

Congrats. I just came back from holiday without knowing too .. lol

Hippo78, no need worry la. Oscar has alot of false positive results one. My test result for my #1 was worst than yours, 1:63 despite my age was only 26! that time i wasn't keen on the amino fluid test so i went to do genetic scan which shows no sign of down syndrome and dr revised the risk to 1:1600+. Btw my boy was born perfectly normal and healthy.
So this time I'm skipping oscar and go straight for genetic scan.

Thanks for the encouragement. I feel so much better after searching for some info online. This is not my first OSCAR test, the previous 2 were fine with good results and screening. I have strong belief my baby do not have DS but I will still be going for Harmony for further confirmation.

@hippo78: stay positive. I've also heard of many high risks results end up is false alarm. During my #1's time, there was a gynae recommendation who specialize in looking at mummies with high risk oscar results. Sorry I can't recall his name now. Let me try to search n see if I can find.

I'm also considering to skip oscar n just do detailed scan. But my hub says to just do like wat we did for #1, so ok lor.

Any mummies having constipation issues already? I'm eating fruits n vege but I spend 3hrs sitting in the toilet just now, till I felt super giddy. Sigh... Again, I din have this problem with #1 lor. Haiz....
Yes, I have facing constipation, yet I dare not keep pushing it. Everyday I eat fruits but doesn't help.. :(

Back