shichida

The good thing is the right brain training is useful. However, the problem with shichida is that it can be quite repetitive and ironically, for a right brain training centre, there is little emphasis on creativity, such as pretend play, storytelling or dramatization.

I recently attended a trial session at a new right brain training centre called genius league academy, has anybody heard about it before?

Sabrina, i know what you mean abt right brain training. Its abit too restructured and repetitive. But repetition is good for young children in fact. Most enrichment class address one issue but lacks in some other things. As parents we need to know our children and choose what is good for them.

Hi Ash mum, yes I agree with you. Repetition is good. However after some time kids can get a little bored cos it becomes mundane..
Yes there can be no company that can fully accomplish all aspects of our child's brain development. The key is still us as parents, how we utilize what they learn and how we help them to unpackage their genius potentials within through the instruments available now in the market (ie enrichment programmes, etc) :)
But sometimes we have limited time and wanna do the best we can with the amount of time we have to help our kids. So if we can find a programme that can truly help in terms of whole brain development, that would be ideal.

Yes undeniable Shichida has helped my daughter. I think right brain training is useful to help train the child's right brain. After 1 year plus I stopped though as I likethe Julia Gabriel aspect which I thought is important too for speech and drama and creativity, but I feel lacking in Schichida, and due to our limited resources in terms of time and finance, couldnt send her to both.

Then I tried Heguru for several months. What I like was the creative imagination part etc where creativity and imaginative power is infused and I feel more balanced and closer to the idea of right brain training or whole brain development. But what I don really fancy is that they are seated on the floor and some tend to run around. Plus bigger class size and shorter time (only about 45 to 50 mins). And not many hands on activities, unlike shichida where lots of 'home made' materials are used.

Then I found Genius League Academy. What I like about them is that kids are seated with tables, and class size is limited to maximum of 6 per class. Time is also much longer, Heguru only 45 mins, Shichida 1h, Genius League Academy is 1h 10 mins, excluding 5 mins of parents debrief, so total is 1h 15 mins. Plus lots of 'home made materials' and other hands on activities to get them to develop their right brain capacities.
What I like most is their creative imagination part, cos its so much fun. My daughter as well as me haha. They teach science elements using right brain method. I thought thats a cool idea. And they are also thematic. I overhead my daughter teaching my son about astronomy and planets ;p

I thought of sending my daughter to their nursery class cos they have it daily, also right brain infused. They have like 4 days of nursery plus 1 right brain training session (they call it Superheroes Brain Training) package. Hmm but still thinking... Their place is at Novena MRT. But if I'm working next year need to think of transport arrangements though cos they do not have bus transport for now

Oh Sabrina yes my friend also mentioned about Genius League Academy. Attended their trial class and her son loves it. Heard also there's Character Education component. They call themselves SUPERHEROES Training Academy cos each month they focus on one value. So 1st month is Service, 2nd month Unconditional Love, 3rd month is Perseverance, 4th month i forgot haha but u get what i mean. Also the right brain training is called Superheroes Brain Training cos they claim to unleash the hidden brain power of each child, if i get the words right.. but something along the line. Think that's quite attractive for me cos a balance with IQ & EQ is always ideal. Wanna sign up for their trial class

Thanks for sharing abt Genius league academy. I also just called them to enquire and arranged a trial class. My boy is w heguru since 7mths old, I'm looking out for alternative, firstly the cost is abit too taxing. Secondly i find it abit boring already

Back