(2014) ivf mummies support group

This morning quarrel with dh again. Seriously don't like him. Face super idiotic when Twinnies aren't cooperative. Today we quarrel and my family all hear so sucks lor. He say he don't like elder twin attitude I hear i angry cause to me babies they don't know anything and U say till like they purposely like that. I just say him back say u don't like take care U can don't take care. Seriously having twins don't know is blessing or what at least I know if one baby only I don't need depend on him to take care. I can handle myself.
Take a deep breath, calm down. It's not easy taking care of twins. Maybe you guys should talk about to your expectations when you two are alone?

Iwahb, can feel you. One already difficult, not to say two. And really a lot of unpredictable things. Have sleepless night for past few days.

Stay cool, iwantahealthybaby
It not ez for both of u...
Don't take it too hard on whaT ur dh said. He may not reAlly meAn it too.
Sometime wHen my dh said sarcastic comment, I just preTend never heAr it to preVent quarrel. But I know not ez too...

Anyway just to share that my DH so far only carries my girl. He has not done anything hands on. I told him to observe CL what she is doing so that he can learn but think he's too caught up with his work.

He keep saying he love them both but when they both keep crying especially at night don't want sleep he like so impatient and start to be more rough handling them. I see already super piss and angry. I don't dare say I'm patient but I won't like so pek chek all written on my face and treat the babies roughly. I know it's not easy suddenly lifestyle change cannot go out freely, cannot sleep peacefully. Not enough sleep and rest etc. But who wants it. Me also mah when I need him to help carry and feed baby usually is when I'm pumping. If no pump I will just handle alone. But when both babies cry no choice he got to help. We quarrel few times over this already and Everytime he tell me he love them but cannot means he won't impatient or what. He say he not rough just action fast maybe that's why I see already like very rough. Don't know just feel so Shit that I have to quarrel with him over this issue for so many times. I ask him to move out if he unhappy don't need take care baby can have his longest sleep he want. Now my elder twin crying again I so feel like saying don't cry already U cry and cry nobody likes u everyone hates u and ur attitude. Feel like want purposely say out in front whole family. Really sucks this feeling. So sad over mil issue then now must go through this issue again with Dh. Hate him to the max!

Some people when they have not enough sleep, their character n face will change. But if got enough sleep, his a happy man. Just like a hungry man is angry man. I believe ur dh love twinnies.

Iwahb, give your man some time to get used to this lifestyle. You can also try to get your friends' DHs to educate him by sharing their experiences with him. Then he will know this is part and parcel of life.

Thanks ladies. This problem will always be a problem I guess. Today not the 1st time I quarrel with him over this already. Even if he assure me and convince me this time he really don't mean it I guess just for today will happen again one. His face again will auto black when he is impatient again. Anyway thanks ladies. Feel much better after ranting out here.

Hi mummies, sorry I interrupt in this forum. My edd is in 2015. I just like to ask if anyone ever on duphaston in trimester 2 or till delivery? Because today my doc increased dosage (from 2 pills become 4 pills a day) when I told him sometimes I have lower abdominal pain either on left or right side. He did not bother to investigate further. Just told me cos I'm ivf patient so have to continue taking duphaston. I'm in my 20 week+ now and i do not understand why I still need to take, as normally duphaston will stop by 12th week. Is taking duphaston long term safe? Can anyone help to comment please? Thanks n congrats to all of you.

Hi mummies, sorry I interrupt in this forum. My edd is in 2015. I just like to ask if anyone ever on duphaston in trimester 2 or till delivery? Because today my doc increased dosage (from 2 pills become 4 pills a day) when I told him sometimes I have lower abdominal pain either on left or right side. He did not bother to investigate further. Just told me cos I'm ivf patient so have to continue taking duphaston. I'm in my 20 week+ now and i do not understand why I still need to take, as normally duphaston will stop by 12th week. Is taking duphaston long term safe? Can anyone help to comment please? Thanks n congrats to all of you.

Not that I know of. Duphaston usually yes by trim 1 will stop giving. I only heard aspirin can take till trim 3. But if gynae let you continue eating I think Shouldn be a problem. Just check with him any side effects.

Hmmm maybe because u encounter pain? Ur gynae scare might trigger preterm labour. I took until first trimester but during my 2nd trimester I told my gynae I encounter Menses cramp so he prescribe Mi to take again for 1 week plus I think after that stop taking Liao

Buddy, don't be sad already. Well taking care of one already not easy and everything will change like not enough sleep, baby cry cry and you can't sleep still need to take care. Somemore yours is two so really not easy.
Some ppl if not enough sleep will become very frustrated so I think your dh not enough sleep that's why look like this but he don't meant to be looking like this. We ladies of course the level of tolerance level is higher. For me if I not enough sleep also will face black.
Cool cool. Somemore after give our emotion will be more sensitive. So plus so many things that's why you will feel so much. Just cool abit first and don't think your dh is like this. He don't meant to be and he is the father of course sure love twinnies. Just that not enough sleep so when do things might be emotion. We can't compare them with us. At least your dh still helps you.
Mine totally don't stay with me during confinement and my mum and I are doing all the taking care. So just cool yourself and everything will feel better and when you feel better you both can work things out better. Hugss.. cool cool.

Bud I know he don't mean it just i as the mother of cause see how "rough" he treat them I feel heart pain. Anyway I think is mothers instinct. U carry them 9months of cause will be more patient towards own baby. When are u starting your massage? I don't know got time a not. Well at least your confinement over now can bring baby out. I hard to bring two.

My baby shiver or shake if I bring out. Think she is very timid. Unless see doc if not I don't think want to bring her out already.
Buddy, you relax. The Rough he don't meant to be. Haha I think I am very rough too if I kan cheong. Maybe is fast then looks like rough?
Oh I no time to massage leh. Schedule like very packed as I got to go home set up the room on and off then go back my mum's place very tiring. Btw you book appointment got hep b 2nd dose already?

How do you all handle milk leaking problem? My baby now drink on demand so my shirt had been wet most of the time.

Nice bbhc wet means supply alot easy letdown. Wear bra with nursing pad? I'm braless at home but my Nipples quite pain from the frequent pumping so sometimes I carry my babies must be very careful if touch very sensitive.

Bud yes he say he fast that's why look rough but I doubt so I believe he feel irritated too especially when he do all stuff yet cannot calm bb down. Nevermind lah this quarrel won't end today gor feeling will be a frequent topic every now and then. Yes my babies hep b taken already. U haven't? Cause during jaundice check we already fix appointment with polyclinic

Lynn, think I'm facing almost the same issue as you. My girl got cranky after her last jaundice check on Friday. CL said she might have been frightened by the poking of her foot and the drawing of blood from it because for the past 1 week, she had been behaving quite well. Now the moment we put her on her bed to sleep, she will cry and sometimes she will suddenly wake up and cry from her sleep. Then we need to carry her and pacify her to calm down.

I have already fixed my girl's Hep B 2nd dose on 11 Dec 2014. I have also booked a PD session for my girl to see her progress at KKH on 15 Jan 2015.

My girl's jaundice level has come down on Friday to less than 100. Hurray! Praise the Lord! :)

Anyway felt damn peeved with my CL just now as she was commenting that I latch my girl too much and now that my girl always wants to suckle. :mad:

By the way, just for everyone's information, if both parents are Singaporeans, you have up to 1 month to register your baby's birth certificate.

If you register it at KKH, it costs $39. If you register it at ICA, it only costs $18.

We went to ICA to register my girl's birth certificate.

You can also submit your bank account details etc for the baby bonus at ICA at the same time.

Hi meow30,

I took utrogestan, which is like duphaston but another brand, till birth. It helps to maintain pregnancy.

Hi all sorry to hijack ur thread... I wanted to ask if Dr Tan HH delivered any of ur babies and whether his monitoring and experience in delivering was gd.

Currently under Tan HH but am considering switching to private. He is a very good and caring doctor but I am worried he is too busy to monitor a pregnancy well.

Example: usually scanning not done by him but ppl in ADC, sometimes my appt gets postponed cuz he is not available (most recent one end up with appt gap of 2 months). Also, it is impossible to see him if any emergency happens, have to go 24h O&G where u will see a random MO...

Because I really want my baby to be born healthy, would rather be monitored closely in case anything suay suay happens.

Thanks in advance...

Hi mei, my gf went thru ivf w tan hh n switch back to my pte gynae after she bfp. She felt more at ease w my gynae since,she did her first 3 rounds ivf w him though failed but more at ease w him. Now she at wk14-15 liao...

Hi mei, my gf went thru ivf w tan hh n switch back to my pte gynae after she bfp. She felt more at ease w my gynae since,she did her first 3 rounds ivf w him though failed but more at ease w him. Now she at wk14-15 liao...
Thanks dolly gal ;)

Thank you mummies who replied to my duphaston qns..

Hi dolly_gal, can I know your pte gynae? I'm quite disappointed with my current one as he only offers package to normal preggie. I do not understand why ivf has different treatment. Aren't all babies same..

Hi all sorry to hijack ur thread... I wanted to ask if Dr Tan HH delivered any of ur babies and whether his monitoring and experience in delivering was gd.

Currently under Tan HH but am considering switching to private. He is a very good and caring doctor but I am worried he is too busy to monitor a pregnancy well.

Example: usually scanning not done by him but ppl in ADC, sometimes my appt gets postponed cuz he is not available (most recent one end up with appt gap of 2 months). Also, it is impossible to see him if any emergency happens, have to go 24h O&G where u will see a random MO...

Because I really want my baby to be born healthy, would rather be monitored closely in case anything suay suay happens.

Thanks in advance...

I stick to doc tan through out n my boy is born healthy n my scanning is mostly done by doc tan once I turn 2nd trimester, u can request to ask another doc to scan for u than when ur appointment wif doc tan he will go through those scan thing I almost had but end up nv do coz doc tan is free

Thank you mummies who replied to my duphaston qns..

Hi dolly_gal, can I know your pte gynae? I'm quite disappointed with my current one as he only offers package to normal preggie. I do not understand why ivf has different treatment. Aren't all babies same..
I don't think it is right... Another pte doctor i have consulted with has no such nonsense. Everyone pays the same package and he also knows i am an ivf case. But haven't signed package with him yet. I can PM u his contact if u are interested. He seems qt a good gynae and his waiting time is short. Online reviews of him are gd.

I stick to doc tan through out n my boy is born healthy n my scanning is mostly done by doc tan once I turn 2nd trimester, u can request to ask another doc to scan for u than when ur appointment wif doc tan he will go through those scan thing I almost had but end up nv do coz doc tan is free
Thanks snow19! Congrats on having ur kid! Will he scan and check up more frequently towards wk 36?

Another thing I am scared of is the KKH delivery process. My friends who gave birth in KKH seemed to have qt bad experience (they were mainly emergency C-sect btw). I am really worried the birth experience will be scary...

I don't think it is right... Another pte doctor i have consulted with has no such nonsense. Everyone pays the same package and he also knows i am an ivf case. But haven't signed package with him yet. I can PM u his contact if u are interested. He seems qt a good gynae and his waiting time is short. Online reviews of him are gd.
Yes please pm me. I am seriously thinking to change as I am not pleased with everything eg long waiting hours, spent so much money per consultation yet 5mins seeing him. My sil was shocked why no package. I said mayb the gynae think ppl doing ivf is rich, so good chance to earn more money.

Thanks snow19! Congrats on having ur kid! Will he scan and check up more frequently towards wk 36?

Another thing I am scared of is the KKH delivery process. My friends who gave birth in KKH seemed to have qt bad experience (they were mainly emergency C-sect btw). I am really worried the birth experience will be scary...

Towards the 3rd trimester I can't remember which week onwards in weekly appointment doc tan will ask u go amc to scan ur water bag level almost every week to make sure ur water level is ok n he will also do scanning himself n check if u are having any infection before u due.
Emergency csect is because either u can't or slow in dilate n for bb sake they will suggest u to have emergency csect. For my case I also emergency csect after 27 hrs of labour coz my dilate is slow n my bb heartbeat keep drop when my contractions goes up so the standby doc will consult doc tan n if doc tan agree to have csect the standby doc will let u know. But bad thing is hub can't go in wif u coz is govt hospital only elective csect then hub is allow. Good thing is the bill is slightly cheaper than Pte hospital. My experience is the nurse are friendly n I will go back to doc tan again for my no 2 bb

Meoow I suggest u faster change ur gynae. I don't understand why too ivf mummies cannot get pkg. Weird!

Hi Mei, don't know about Dr tan hh but mine wasn't scan by doc June too. All my scans were in ADC or amc and After scan then go private suite wait for doc review. I don't have any weekly scan too throughout my pregnancy. Even at last trim my aptm is 3weeks apart. Don't know why also and I wasn't put on any ctg monitoring too. But ok all went well. Had my elective csec as planned. During the stay doc didn come see me thou. Guess it's their practice unless your wound got some problem. Other than that is the ward in house doc who will look after U.

Snow did Dr tan hh went to ward to see u after your delivery?

Meoow I suggest u faster change ur gynae. I don't understand why too ivf mummies cannot get pkg. Weird!

Hi Mei, don't know about Dr tan hh but mine wasn't scan by doc June too. All my scans were in ADC or amc and After scan then go private suite wait for doc review. I don't have any weekly scan too throughout my pregnancy. Even at last trim my aptm is 3weeks apart. Don't know why also and I wasn't put on any ctg monitoring too. But ok all went well. Had my elective csec as planned. During the stay doc didn come see me thou. Guess it's their practice unless your wound got some problem. Other than that is the ward in house doc who will look after U.

Yup doc tan came to see mi during my 2nd or 3rd day

Maybe seeing kkh doc is better cos they experienced handling with ivf patients?

Snow, are you doing pte and can I know how much is the consultation seeing Dr TanHH?

Any good review on John Tee? Heard he has amk branch n its nearer to my home..Mayb his appt not so tight as kkh schedule?

Maybe seeing kkh doc is better cos they experienced handling with ivf patients?

Snow, are you doing pte and can I know how much is the consultation seeing Dr TanHH?

Any good review on John Tee? Heard he has amk branch n its nearer to my home..Mayb his appt not so tight as kkh schedule?

I'm not doing private my ivf is conceive with the help of doc tan so we stick to him, doc tan consultation is ard $80 I think n sometimes he will waive off abit of consultations if he see mi too late haha

My frien see prof tee but she still see him in kkh leh

So good snow mine didn come see me during my stay. When I ask the nurses at ward if my gynae will come visit all they ask is who is your gynae and when they know who they smile back and say don't think so cause she is very busy unless your wound got problem. Well in other words if nothing go wrong she won't pop over.

Meoow Yes prof tee got a clinic at amk and also super pack. I initially wanted him but he is fully book.

Anyone can advice I realise my girls now drink from bottle half way before milk finish suddenly cry and refuse to continue drinking. After that try to push back bottle sometimes they drink and sometimes they still refuse. Why? So now become one drinking session need to break into 3-4x cause they all of sudden will cry even when drinking and push bottle out from mouth. Isit something to do with the teats? Maybe nipple flow too fast or?

So good snow mine didn come see me during my stay. When I ask the nurses at ward if my gynae will come visit all they ask is who is your gynae and when they know who they smile back and say don't think so cause she is very busy unless your wound got problem. Well in other words if nothing go wrong she won't pop over.

Meoow Yes prof tee got a clinic at amk and also super pack. I initially wanted him but he is fully book.

Anyone can advice I realise my girls now drink from bottle half way before milk finish suddenly cry and refuse to continue drinking. After that try to push back bottle sometimes they drink and sometimes they still refuse. Why? So now become one drinking session need to break into 3-4x cause they all of sudden will cry even when drinking and push bottle out from mouth. Isit something to do with the teats? Maybe nipple flow too fast or?

Hmm or u want to try burp ur gal after she drink halfway? Is either the teat is too slow for them or fast lor

Thanks in advance...
hi_mei, welcome back!

Actually a lot of us here like me, kitkats, circlecircle and snow19 bfp under Dr Tan HH. Circlecircle and I have 2 gynaes. I saw Dr Tan and Dr Lawrence Ang (private) at the same time. I saw Dr Ang as a backup though at certain points of time, we were quite tempted to switch. I only stopped seeing Dr Ang after 32 weeks. We decided to let Dr Tan to deliver my girl because it's more meaningful as I bfp under his magical hands and mine is 1st fresh cycle.

My experience with Dr Tan is excellent! He came in to check on me twice and the last time he came in was to deliver my girl. I only pushed for about 10 minutes and my girl is out.

Try burping already. Sometimes after burp they still cry and refuse the bottle when I try giving them. I guess it might be too fast then cause at times they choke and I can see milk dripping out from mouth.

My water bag level is always scanned by Dr Tan. Dr Tan scheduled me to see him weekly from 36 weeks onwards. I did my CTG as requested by him at TPS Treatment Room at 37 weeks because I told him I felt contractions during my 36 weeks check up. I delivered my girl at 38 weeks.

Dr Tan HH came to see me on second day.

me also bfp under dr thh 2nd fresh.. switch 2see him pte for a while.. but switch è gyne me went for second opinion.. é gyne clinic outside kkh, we plan 2deliver @mt a...i hav no doubt abt dr thh skills.. it's kkh system tat tires us..

ImageUploadedByForum1417337665.945761.jpg

ladies for ur info

hi mums, anyone with Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC? Saw he has pretty reasonable package but dun kw cover for ivf or not.. Is he a good doc and attentive to ivf conceived? is his c stitches skilful?

Thanks to all of u who replied about Dr Tan HH (@snow19, @joy_meme, @faithfullyyours)... Maybe I stick on with him for the next appt and see how...

Feel qt bad to leave him but also maybe he will feel relieved got one less patient off his super long queue list haha!!

All u mummies have been holding on in taking care of your little ones... Jiayou! Still a long road ahead. One of my gd friends has only one piece of gd advice for new mummies: don't blame urself for anything that doesn't go well. No one is born knowing how to take care of a baby well, so it is just a learning path. U can do it!

hi mums, anyone with Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC? Saw he has pretty reasonable package but dun kw cover for ivf or not.. Is he a good doc and attentive to ivf conceived? is his c stitches skilful?
Hi meow30, im currently under him. Covered for ivf. He is quite a gd doctor. Im currently wk 31.

Back