(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

It was a very big blow for us because everything had been normal from the start. I had cramps when i breastfed so i weaned off my #1 at week 5 on my gynae's instruction. I had bad morning sickness, zero spotting n passed the oscar test with result 1/6600.

I thought i would only be unlucky once, as i had a miscarriage @ 8 weeks b4 i had my #1. This was much worse n i nearly sunk into depression. I only "woke up" 2 mths later when i force myself to get out of it n not neglect my boy anymore

Sending you love ladies. We are blessed to have our much awaited rainbow babies. Stay positive. Surely good things will happen at the right time. :)

jia you mummies!

@Fae Hanez i will go for Oscar like #1. i don't think being diabetic will affect..(sorry ah..not expert in this)
My gynae send me for extra detailed scan to ensure my baby growth was on track though

I won't be gg for oscar. My #1 had a false positive and i was only 26 yr old then. At the back of my mind i trust the baby was ok. So i skip amino fluid test and went for genetic scan and scan shows no signs of down syptoms. So from a 1:63 at oscar, i was reevaluate to 1:1600+

My #1 was born perfectly healthy. So this time round I'm skipping oscar for genetic scan. no point spending money on a not too accurate test and scare yourself unnecessarily.

@lemoncandy - you gonna deliver at sgh? Which gynae u seeing?
yes i'm planning to deliver at SGH. i'm under subsidy now (civil servant) so i don't know if i will be assigned a specific doctor or if i'll just be seeing the group doctors on duty. the clinic wrote Dr Tan Eng Loy on my progress card as dr-in-charge though, but i haven't met him yet.

if i were to choose a doctor, then will have to switch to private patient status. think i may not switch so soon... maybe later in the pregnancy if i feel i need to. save some $$$.

Oic @csy1 and ash mum.. but me n hubby want to skip oscar... we dun want to go thru unnecessary stress n worries... we just hope for the best for baby.. to grow healthy n strong... i didnt noe kkh waiting time to see subsidised gynae was sooooooo long.. their system for payment also need a relook... -.-

I will go and do for blood Test again Tmr and U/S also , I might have be 6 to 7 weeks , hopefully this time can see the baby heart beat. Wish me luck

I'm doing my OSCAR now and baby super uncooperative. Sonographer couldn't take a good last few scans and I have to wait outside to wait for baby to go into position. Cough like 20times in the room but baby still curling up sleeping upside-down. I'm drinking some water to wake him up. My #1 took only 15mins for the scan, this little one took 1 hr and still uncompleted. Naughty...

Hippo78, good luck! Teach you a trick, talk to baby say if it behave and be good, we will go for ice cream after the scan. Or buy a toy, sth like that. It always works for me. All my scans are chop chop quick quick done cos i bribe him beforehand

I'm doing my OSCAR now and baby super uncooperative. Sonographer couldn't take a good last few scans and I have to wait outside to wait for baby to go into position. Cough like 20times in the room but baby still curling up sleeping upside-down. I'm drinking some water to wake him up. My #1 took only 15mins for the scan, this little one took 1 hr and still uncompleted. Naughty...
My #1 was the same too! Drink something cold and sweet to wake baby up :)

Actually I was thinking for the table, can put in a column of FTWM or SAHM?
So Maybe we can arrange for meet up when everyone appetite is back?

I'm going for my check up later. Can't help feeling anxious

Ya oscar scan they won't tell you the gender but i do genetic scan the dr will tell me gender. So i know gender at 14weeks for my #1

@lemoncandy - why civil servant need to be under subsidy? Not private ah? B1?
oh i think i better clarify. i'm a subsidised patient because i got referral to SGH from polyclinic. everyone can do this and be a subsidised patient (govt subsidy). consultations, scans etc are cheaper. not sure about labour and delivery. will depend on class i think?

the civil servant benefit is separate, and will depend on what kind of scheme you are on and how much you can claim from your organisation for hospital outpatient charges.

i will be looking for the financial counsellor on my next visit to get more info on the charges for both subsidised and private patient :) then i can make a better decision for later on haha. still v blur!

Last edited:
Fyi, Asos 20percent off, if u gals shop there. Just bought a few maternity dresses online, can't hide my bump much longer soon. Urgently need new clothes!!

Went to ask abt steam rebond, stylist says it's more of a treatment than chemicals. I'm tempted to do it Tmw. Can't stand the hair anymore!!

I've been eating so unhealthily.... First It was the salted fish and belachan. Then I had a craving for gong-gong aka conch. Then, I had bonesteak (screaming cholesterol!! ) ... And tonight, buffet galore with my girlfriends at penang culture..... I need to take soupy stuffs over the weekend to wean off...

Hi mummies, I have been missing in action from the forum about 2 weeks as I had a very bad emotion due to pregnancy unstable. I have been bleeding when I detected +ve after few days. I was on medication and medical leave for 2 weeks. Initially we thought (include gynae) that I had very high chance of miscarriage as I keep bleeding (no cramp, bleeding not too much, it is not soaking and a pad can last for a day) so gynae ask me to keep notice it if any clog came out. Waited for almost a week, nothing came out, no cramp, just bleeding. Since my mc leave is about finish and I also worried if the clog stuck in my uterus, so went to visit gynae again for further check. Surprisingly that the sac is slightly growing, gynae saw a white dot but still yet to see any heartbeat. So we give it a chance wait until next review. I have slight morning sickness, ie bloated, no appetite, feeling vomit, tiredness. I just hope that this give me a good sign of it. My next review is on dec 1. Hopefully I get to see bb heartbeat. Pray hard.

Hi girls, just to share the OSCAR test bills I did at TMC level 4 today.

I took up the OSCAR + FA package(detail scan at w20). A pre-eclampsia screening was add-on to OSCAR.

So this is my total bill.
OSCAR + FA SCAN Package $463
Pre-eclampsia screening $175

On top of that, I was entitled to 5% discount with the SBI card.

Total amount $648.55 w gst.

Last edited:
@erlisa, yah pre-eclampsia screen is a new test, you can opt out. But due to previous miscarriages, my gynae suggest me to take.
I'm not surprised if prices kept increasing every year.

Pre-eclampsia is definitely a new test, i delivered last year and there wasnt such test then..

Gonna apply for my sbi membership..

Mummies, is it ok to have brown discharge?

Brown discharge is an old blood. It depends on the volume discharge. If it's just abit, I think should be ok. But any abnormalities or u feel uncomfortable should report to your gynae...

Went to kkh just now. I was bleeding. Sigh. No cramp no pain. Dr check and say sac grow and gt yolk inside now compare to few days ago. But i still having red or brown dishcharge on and off. Cant help but worried. Sigh.

Had some white milky discharge and was worried and told my gynae who asked me to go back to check. It turn out to be some fungus infections which my gynae mentioned it's very common in pregnant lady, sometimes the discharge may be in brown and feel itchy.

Went to kkh just now. I was bleeding. Sigh. No cramp no pain. Dr check and say sac grow and gt yolk inside now compare to few days ago. But i still having red or brown dishcharge on and off. Cant help but worried. Sigh.
Rest more qin17. I hope things will be better for you tomorrow.

@qin17 rest more and don't carry heavy stuff. I'm having similar like urs, now no more red discharge but still have brown discharge. Let's rest well and pray hard that all went well to 2nd trimester..

Hi mummies! Wow didn't expect this thread to be so active already.. It took me very very long n busted my hp batt to finish reading the chat so far.

I'm expecting my #2, my #1 just turned 1yo. I've been feeling emo n guilty to my #1 tho we do have plans for #2, just that this blessing came sooner than I expected. Felt more "real" after visiting my gynae n hearing the heartbeat but still having mixed feelings. I'm blaming on the hormones. Haha..

I'm hoping for a boy this time, no doubt health is most impt cos I'm hoping I can close shop. Lol..

@nicokin19 Hihi! I'm also seeing dr Phua.. I usually go on wed nites. Wat abt u? Maybe can say hi if we happen to be having appt on the same day. Hehe...

Hi xu4n, my first appointment was on wed. But subsequent will be weekend. My hubby preferred weekend so he no need to rush. Finally found some1 same gynae as me. When is yr edd?

My edd on 8 July. =) when's yours? haha dr Phua is not the usual popular gynae but I also chose him cos his clinic is near my place. My experience during my #1 went well with him n I intro a few friends to him too. Plus waiting time not very long n his charges are very reasonable.

Thanks. Ya nv carry heavy stuff. I rarely carry my #1 now also. No more red at the moment. Onli brown discharge on and off. Hopefully 1st trim can b over soon. I rem #1 also sppting thru out 1st trim. Hope beanie will be the same as #1.

Nick | EDD | Order of birth | Gender | Gynae | Hospital | Residence
\ lemoncandy |
1-Jul​
|
1​
| | | SGH | Jurong West
\ saraii |
5-Jul​
|
2​
| | Dr Benjamin Tham | TMC | Seng Kang
\ mandy_ng |
7-Jul​
|
2​
| | Dr Hk Ho | MAH | Buona Vista
\
csy1 |
8-Jul​
|
2​
| | Dr Chua | NUH | West (Jurong)
\ xu4n |
8-Jul​
|
2​
| | Dr Phua | |
\
leighstar |
10-Jul​
|
2​
| | Dr Wong Mun Tat | TMC | West (Jurong)
\
shan8080 |
11-Jul​
|
2​
| | | |
\ nanaeng |
12-Jul​
|
2​
| | | |
\
sasa_xie |
14-Jul​
|
3​
| | Dr LC Cheng | TMC |
\
yallo |
19-Jul​
|
2​
| | Dr Kenneth Lee | Mt A | East (Tanah Merah)
\
erlisa |
23-Jul​
|
2​
| | Dr Wendy Teo | MEH | North (Woodlands)
\
mommasg50 |
26-Jul​
| | | | |
\
chuckles |
30-Jul​
| | | | |
\ jcyp | end Jul |
2​
| | | |
\ honeykyaw | | | | Dr Caroline Kim | TMC |

Erlisa! How was your buffet last night? Did you tell any of your friends? My tummy is so bloated and hiding it from friends is difficult so I don't go out with my friends as much as I would like to.

@chuckles oh yes, the buffet was fantastic. Had so many crabs, rojak, assam laksa, satay, pasta, rice, crayfish... Oh My... So shiok! ! I seriously can eat!

I did tell my friends, they were screaming in excitement.... I dont really bother to hide anyway coz it's great news, and they know I've been trying for God knows how long... if it's meant to be for us, it will be... In God's will :)

@chuckles oh yes, the buffet was fantastic. Had so many crabs, rojak, assam laksa, satay, pasta, rice, crayfish... Oh My... So shiok! ! I seriously can eat!

I did tell my friends, they were screaming in excitement.... I dont really bother to hide anyway coz it's great news, and they know I've been trying for God knows how long... if it's meant to be for us, it will be... In God's will :)

Erlisa which buffet did u go for? Crabs n crayfish n Assam laksa sounds so inviting! Haha..

Back