(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Oh my gosh I didn't think about emergency situations, didn't know that the bill can be so high! The amount is really scary... So glad I read all the good advice here!

I also have a similar question to @babyjuan, any mommies who travelled while pregnant for leisure? My gynae said it's safe and all the guidebooks, websites, etc all say it's safe but I still feel scared about it. :(

littleforest, should be okay if you are feeling up for it. you know your own body best so just be more careful can already bah.

cynn04, insurances doesn't cover breech baby??
I can't be sure if breech baby considers under pregnancy complications. Cos usually when baby is breeched, gynae will schedule c-sect right? Then dats considered normal delivery. Pregnancy complications is well, complicated. Everything must be signed off by the doctor to determine whether the case can be claimed or not.
Hi cynn04, but I read the max coverage is only at $5,000 for pregnancy complications and $5,000 for baby's illness. So if we are with private hospitals - the coverage is not much, am I correct to say this?
You can say that the coverage is not much, but it does helps abit? Eventually you decide whether worth it or not.

Just went to see my gynae this morning and to say hello to my beanie, she tried very hard to scan for the gender. But this one very cheeky, keep closing legs! She said she saw a hint of a penis, but cant be sure haha. Oh well, must wait for the detailed checkup in a mth's time then know! Cant wait!!

Hey some of you should be going for the detailed scan very soon right?

cynn04, gender reveal is always exciting! :)

my detailed scan will be on 7 Jan. kinda far off and I will be 23 weeks by then. asked the staff nurse who handled my scan booking and she said it is better to get the scan done between 21 - 24 weeks. 1st time I hear of this. but anyway, since gynae okayed it... just that hubby and I have to really endure the wait.

I had my 16weeks checkup on Tuesday, and the gynae said she didn't see anything between the legs so it's most likely a girl! But she said girls are harder to confirm, since it's easier to confirm when you see something sticking out haha. So she said the 20 weeks scan will confirm the gender. When I told my hubby, he actually cried, because he was also hoping for a girl. I was very shocked because he's one of those who doesn't cry, and he never showed a lot of emotion about the pregnancy before!

cynn04, yah lor. gynae arranged very late date for me. 6 weeks away!

littleforest, can assure your hubby that if by 16 weeks still don't see anything then very very high chance girl liao. :) boy parts can be spotted very easily.

@starrymu
I can't be sure if breech baby considers under pregnancy complications. Cos usually when baby is breeched, gynae will schedule c-sect right? Then dats considered normal delivery. Pregnancy complications is well, complicated. Everything must be signed off by the doctor to determine whether the case can be claimed or not.

You can say that the coverage is not much, but it does helps abit? Eventually you decide whether worth it or not.
@cynn04 - yes, that's right. Need to discuss with hubby if it is worth it to get the insurance. Anyway, there will be free one year insurance given to Jubilee babies next year by Great Eastern if I am not mistakne

cynn04, gender reveal is always exciting! :)

my detailed scan will be on 7 Jan. kinda far off and I will be 23 weeks by then. asked the staff nurse who handled my scan booking and she said it is better to get the scan done between 21 - 24 weeks. 1st time I hear of this. but anyway, since gynae okayed it... just that hubby and I have to really endure the wait.

@starrymommy - mine is on the 5th Jan and will be 21 weeks by then. What can we expect for the 20th week scan? Are you doing it at Dr. Yam's clinic?

I had my 16weeks checkup on Tuesday, and the gynae said she didn't see anything between the legs so it's most likely a girl! But she said girls are harder to confirm, since it's easier to confirm when you see something sticking out haha. So she said the 20 weeks scan will confirm the gender. When I told my hubby, he actually cried, because he was also hoping for a girl. I was very shocked because he's one of those who doesn't cry, and he never showed a lot of emotion about the pregnancy before!

Your hubby must be so happy! My hubby is those typical no emotions guy. (except angry lah, turns into the HULK wahahhah) Told him I was pregnant. *poker face* Ok lor. You happy or not? *poker face* Ok la happy. Exasperating.

@starrymommy just now oso, gynae say maybe boy he oso blank look no expression. Buay tahan!

Nway feeling abit emo (in a happy way) cos just celebrated my gal's 3rd birthday. Cannot believe how time flies, and how big she is now. From the helpless little infant, to being able to express her likes and dislikes in words. I feel that its only after I've become a mother, then I understand wat is really unconditional love. No matter how angry I am at her, just have to smile when she smiles, laugh when she laughs, and to protect her wholeheartedly.

Sometimes I also panic when I wonder how things are gonna be when #2 comes along. Cos now we've settled into a routine with my gal, and everything will have to change! But i know eventually things will work out lah. Wishing everyone a safe and smooth pregnancy and let's enjoy the journey together :)

Your hubby must be so happy! My hubby is those typical no emotions guy. (except angry lah, turns into the HULK wahahhah) Told him I was pregnant. *poker face* Ok lor. You happy or not? *poker face* Ok la happy. Exasperating.

Hahaha! Actually my hubby also had the same reactions... He was still lazing around in bed when I tested positive, and then I told him, "Omg. I'm pregnant!" He also gave me a straight face and said, "Oh okay." That's why I was quite shocked by his reaction this time haha xD Maybe your hubby just don't want to show his emotions on his face lol!

Happy belated birthday to your girl! :D

cynn04. happy 3rd birthday to your little one!

actually, change in routine is imminent! even logistics have to change a bit. I really don't know how I am going to bring 3 kids + 1 maid to and from my mum's place next time. still planning.. :D let's cross the bridge when we reach. worry now also no use!

his machine isn't as clear as those meant for Oscar and detailed scan. think basic use can lah, but image isn't as sharp. and the sonographers are TMC/NUH are specially trained to see/detect any abnormalities in the organs, bones etc. so actually also more practical going there. from there they will generate the report and send back to Dr Yam. take it as a form of "outsourced lab service". :)

his machine isn't as clear as those meant for Oscar and detailed scan. think basic use can lah, but image isn't as sharp. and the sonographers are TMC/NUH are specially trained to see/detect any abnormalities in the organs, bones etc. so actually also more practical going there. from there they will generate the report and send back to Dr Yam. take it as a form of "outsourced lab service". :)
Oh I see....Thanks much for the info!

cynn04. happy 3rd birthday to your little one!

actually, change in routine is imminent! even logistics have to change a bit. I really don't know how I am going to bring 3 kids + 1 maid to and from my mum's place next time. still planning.. :D let's cross the bridge when we reach. worry now also no use!

Thanks! Yah lor gonna have lots of changes. First tri too tired to think, now energy is back then start to worry n panic lololol!!! Silly me.

Yup 船到桥头自然直 :D

@jean1986, when my #1 was born 2yrs ago, i can buy his hospitalization plan only after his first mth. Are there plans which can cover from birth?

I type this thing at least 5 times! Dunno what's wrong
Till now, hospitalisation plan still can only be eligible after first month.
Plans that cover from birth, you can consider Prudential Prufirst Gift or Axa Mums Advantage. They are pretty similar.

cynn04, hope you manage to get what you like! I also didn't know got the sale till one of the ladies in our FB group mentioned. :D

Rainie-BB. I have PMed you.

cynn04, hope you manage to get what you like! I also didn't know got the sale till one of the ladies in our FB group mentioned. :D

Rainie-BB. I have PMed you.

I think alot of users on the website..... everything is loading so slow. Sighs maybe go home then shop, hopefully better. Btw I still order using the same size for maternity. The previous shipment I got fits quite ok, even abit bigger.

Hi all, I am new here. Edd is in first week of june but parking myself here too as I doubt I will have a full term baby. This is #2 and I almost have pre term labour for #1. Was bed ridden for almost a month the last round, luckily in the end baby tahan till full term.

Still having very bad ms now, hospitalised earlier for drip and lost 5 kg already. This is so miserable :(

Anyone experience frequent headaches during pregnancy? .I am having this persistent headache. Though it's bearable but it's really getting on my nerves and sleeping doesn't seem to cure the headache !

@lovelymoments oh dear sounds bad. I think some mtb here oso having the same issue. Hope u feel better soon!

@sin nee i get headaches too when i get too hungry :( my self remedy is to down a can of ice-cold 100+ or coke before resorting to panadol. Kinda works for me. I read somewhere dat headaches can be due to dehydration, thus drink more water thruout the day.

@cynn04 I also drink coke sometimes. Drink that time ao shiok but right after I regret cos wil puke all out.

I also have headache think it is due to dehydration. Trying to slip water now. This is to tough.

I'm reaching 15 weeks and can't get thru the day without anti nausea meds to stop the vomiting. Unfortunately it cant control the sickness feeling. Some days, it doesn't work I still puke. Was also hospitalized for drip 2 weeks ago. This is my first pregnancy.

Hopefully this phase passes for us and we can enjoy the pregnancy soon.

Ya hopefully this will end soon. I miss food and water so much. I haven't been able to work and have been just lying on bed all day for the past 1 month.

During My #1 time, i also puke badly, but this time is like double the effect. Nothing much that I can keep down. Want to stay positive also so difficult cos no energy to do anything :(

Anyone experience frequent headaches during pregnancy? .I am having this persistent headache. Though it's bearable but it's really getting on my nerves and sleeping doesn't seem to cure the headache !
I also get a persistent headache that can last for day...doc said its normal. Most important is try get good rest.

I'm reaching 15 weeks and can't get thru the day without anti nausea meds to stop the vomiting. Unfortunately it cant control the sickness feeling. Some days, it doesn't work I still puke. Was also hospitalized for drip 2 weeks ago. This is my first pregnancy.

Hopefully this phase passes for us and we can enjoy the pregnancy soon.
Oh dear hope you get better soon

I found the heartbeat almost immediately! It's extremely easy to use. Which part did u place the doppler at? Usually baby is still quite low at this stage. Near pubic region. Not around the belly button, as that's waaaay too high up.

Back