IVF/ICSI Support Group

went to dr zou for accupuncture but it was very painful . it was nt so painful when i had my accupuncture at other places. ifeel my muscle twitching and tummy cramp during her accu sessions. i wonder how do other sisters feel when doing accu at dr zou's clinic.

I went to her for accupuncture many years back. It was ok. But sometimes she might prick out of alignment. If u feel pain, u can voice out to her immediately and she will adjust. Most of the time, it is minimum pain.

i ouched and ouched and she said my threshold for pain is low. she wil put in the needles and push and twitch it further in .when i did my accu at other places ,no more adjustment once the needles are in . my hubby said though they use disposal needles but u never knw wat they do to the used needles. i think he worry too much .haa.. he wanted me to go back to raffles hospital tcm but over there is so expensive

I visited Dr Que clinic this evening. He prescribed Chinese herbs and did acupuncture for me. This is my first time doing acupuncture. A little pain and I was nervous too. Surprisingly, my stomach cramp disappeared after acupuncture. I recently have been experiencing stomach cramp 2 weeks before my menses. I would say acupuncture is good for women who experience such pain like me.

The cramp you are experiencing 2 weeks before your menses can be ovulation cramp. I have that every month and it's a good indicator that I ovulate. For me, my luteal phase is 13 days. So whenever i have the cramp, i know 13 days later my menses should come and so far it has been very accurate.

http://www.webmd.com/women/guide/mittelschmerz-pain

i ouched and ouched and she said my threshold for pain is low. she wil put in the needles and push and twitch it further in .when i did my accu at other places ,no more adjustment once the needles are in . my hubby said though they use disposal needles but u never knw wat they do to the used needles. i think he worry too much .haa.. he wanted me to go back to raffles hospital tcm but over there is so expensive

The way you describe makes me feel very painful too. I thought they use modern technique for acupuncture. I heard spring sound when the needle went through my skin. I was expecting long needles pull out from red cloth and burn it over the burner. I watched too much Wong Fei Hong movies.

The cramp you are experiencing 2 weeks before your menses can be ovulation cramp. I have that every month and it's a good indicator that I ovulate. For me, my luteal phase is 13 days. So whenever i have the cramp, i know 13 days later my menses should come and so far it has been very accurate.

http://www.webmd.com/women/guide/mittelschmerz-pain

Oh I see. Thanks sis. Usually my pain started one week before cycle, but recently, especially my last menses cycle, I experienced pain two weeks before cycle. When I told the TCM dr about the pain, he was kinda surprised why the pain started earlier. It's not very painful, it feels like stomach ache.

I visited Dr Que clinic this evening. He prescribed Chinese herbs and did acupuncture for me. This is my first time doing acupuncture. A little pain and I was nervous too. Surprisingly, my stomach cramp disappeared after acupuncture. I recently have been experiencing stomach cramp 2 weeks before my menses. I would say acupuncture is good for women who experience such pain like me.
The prick on ur ear is especially painful no? And after a few sessions I could feel the blood flowing initially
I tot my ear was bleeding from outside and ask dr que hahaha...but it's actually flowing from inside and he says that is to help with our hormones

Hi Ladies, today my D9 and my ER is on tue.. My doc supposingly be dr tan from kk but unfortunately he away for overseas conference coming Tue to Sat.. Sob.. Another dr Mathew lau will be performing my ER and ET... So worried.. Never seen him before... Any one familiar with him?

Hi Ladies, today my D9 and my ER is on tue.. My doc supposingly be dr tan from kk but unfortunately he away for overseas conference coming Tue to Sat.. Sob.. Another dr Mathew lau will be performing my ER and ET... So worried.. Never seen him before... Any one familiar with him?

We have seen him. I find him not bad. Patient to explain when we had questions. He is not my ivf doc but my hubby was seeing him.

There's a thread on dr Matthew Lau. Think he's one of the more popular Drs in kkh.

Good morning ladies. Wish you have a wonderful Saturday.

The prick on ur ear is especially painful no? And after a few sessions I could feel the blood flowing initially
I tot my ear was bleeding from outside and ask dr que hahaha...but it's actually flowing from inside and he says that is to help with our hormones

Yes yes! The first needle on my ear was painful. The second needle on my ear was less painful (maybe because it was very painful from first needle, so I didn't feel the second pain. Haha!) I think my ear was bleeding. Dr Que used a cotton ball to press on my ear for a few seconds. It wasn't very serious, no scar left behind and I didn't feel giddy after acupuncture though I was advised I might feel giddy.

Oh I see. Thanks sis. Usually my pain started one week before cycle, but recently, especially my last menses cycle, I experienced pain two weeks before cycle. When I told the TCM dr about the pain, he was kinda surprised why the pain started earlier. It's not very painful, it feels like stomach ache.

Ya abit like menses coming kind of ache.

Hi ladies. .I'm new to this thread and I have been faithfully reading all the posts since jan2014..I had a fresh ivf cycle in kk in may..it failed..another frozen in August. .it failed.. had my 2nd fresh ivf trsfr in nov. .n I have started spotting today at 8dp6dt...feeling so lost and sad..today is a sat n I can't even call clinic. .

Hi ladies. .I'm new to this thread and I have been faithfully reading all the posts since jan2014..I had a fresh ivf cycle in kk in may..it failed..another frozen in August. .it failed.. had my 2nd fresh ivf trsfr in nov. .n I have started spotting today at 8dp6dt...feeling so lost and sad..today is a sat n I can't even call clinic. .

the best option if you are spotting is probably take a hpt. If it's positive, rush down to KK O&G and get support, or go and request for a BT? Wishing you the best. Don't give up.

Yr er is on day 12 of e cycle? Wat is yr follicle measurement during yr last scan?

Dr matthew is a nice man. I seen him a few times but no experience with him on er and et yet. You can go to e forum thread to view more abt his reviews.

hi ladies, is it true waiting time to see dr loh at tfc is 3 hrs ? a friend of mine wld lik to see dr loh and i am also thinking of changing dr next year. i remember some sisters were saying that dr loh is going on leave soon. is it dec or jan may i ask? tks

and ladies, i knw it had been mentioned a few times befre but may i ask wat is the estimated cost to do a ivf wif dr loh ? thank u very much

Hi everyone! My husband has 0.3 million sperm count. 5 years trying to conceive naturally, and now we decide to try IVF. Any recommendations of good or perhaps good IVF obygn doctor in penang/malaka? Thanks

I go for blood test in the afternoon. I am not assigned to see a gynae at the moment. After all the tests, my second appointment with a doctor / assigned gynae (I hope), will be on 19 Jan.

Oh do u mean when u were asked to do all the various tests, u haven't been assigned to any particular doc? Cos a fren was referred via polyclinic and she told me even though she did not get to choose a doc, she was assigned to Dr Matthew lau n his team. So every appt, she either see Dr lau himself or someone from his team.

@Colettines, did the spotting stop? It can indeed be worrying. Would you consider going to kkh for doctor's assessment?

@bbpony, I think your doctor is referring to saizen. It is a growth hormone. You can google it for more info.

thanks connie. 16k sounds more affordable than other privates . may i ask tfc and tmc whats the difference?
Tfc is fertility centre,tmc is medical centre at thomson hospital there.
I been to both only 1 times each. Consultation price for the thomson fertilty centre is higher like 2x of thomson medical centre for my first visit.
Waiting time for tfc is shorter. I waited at tfc for half hr to see dr but tmc i waited 3 hrs.
But in e end,for both,e ivf is done at tfc.

Think dr loh is on leave during christmas period.

Today I woke up in fear. Gt brown pinkish discharge 13pt. So scared its AF now lying so still......
Tfc is fertility centre,tmc is medical centre at thomson hospital there.
I been to both only 1 times each. Consultation price for the thomson fertilty centre is higher like 2x of thomson medical centre for my first visit.
Waiting time for tfc is shorter. I waited at tfc for half hr to see dr but tmc i waited 3 hrs.
But in e end,for both,e ivf is done at tfc.

Think dr loh is on leave during christmas period.
thanks connie. so dr loh is at tfc right?

Hi old aunty,
Dr loh is at both tfc and tmc. Tfc is morning slots. Tmc is afternoon slots. He runs between both clinics

Tmc includes gynae n preggy cases more i feel other than fertility tt y wait is longer. Tfc is more for fertility cases

is the treatment more expensive in tfc or jus the consultation ? thanks thanks
Tmc includes gynae n preggy cases more i feel other than fertility tt y wait is longer. Tfc is more for fertility cases
Think need other sis to advise on this. I only seen him for consultation and 2nd opinion so far :) no treatment as yet :)
U under which dr at kkh?

Think need other sis to advise on this. I only seen him for consultation and 2nd opinion so far :) no treatment as yet :)
U under which dr at kkh?
thanks connie im wif sgh now

is the treatment more expensive in tfc or jus the consultation ? thanks thanks

U under which dr at kkh?
I see dr loh at TFC. They only do fertility cases so you won't see pregnant ladies all around. Prices for same service and meds are slightly higher. Dr loh is main/resident doctor at TFC. Only sees patients there in morning. He has his own O&G clinic located at thomson hospital which he operates in the afternoon. And yes, waiting time at O&G is much longer..

Wait is ok at TFC esp if you get the early slots. And depends on luck as always. some patients take a loonng time for a consult. Usually wait is abt 30-45min to see doc and then depends how busy the nurses are to discharge abd provide the meds. Usually 2 nurses run the discharge op. A few times the clinic will call me and ask if can arrive earlier as they run ahead of schedule.

But if you ask me, the most important thing is to select a doctor you are comfortable with, regardless private or restructured hosp. If you think abt it, you only need to do abt 5-7 appmts depending if you are doing long vs short protocol from start to ET. BT usually all clinics they will ask you to be early in the morning.

What is a few days of annual leave or waiting hours if you find a doctor you comfortable with ?

Back