IVF/ICSI Support Group

Wow... I called to make appointment to see Dr Chen Qiu Mei. Her schedule is full, all the way to February. I can only see her on 4 February. No earlier slot. :(

Last edited:
Just done with et. I am officially in 2ww. Doc covered me with HL until blood test day.

This round feels different from fresh cycle. That time i was so bloated probably due to the stim jabs.

I hope this round will be good. :)

Wow... I called to make appointment to see Dr Chen Qiu Mei. Her schedule is full, all the way to February. I can only see her on 4 February. No earlier slot. :(

Yeah, she is very popular, and getting more and more popular. When I called for my first appointment last year, I had to wait 2 months - Sep to Nov. But sometimes her time frees up, and they'll call you to fix a date earlier than your original slot of 4 Feb.

Hi Ladies,

Can anybody advice me on the ivf procedure in NUH? I've tried 4 cycles with KKH and decided to switch Dr and hospital for my last try.
I'm seeing Dr Anu and has been scheduled to start IVF treatment on 4Dec. Currently on NorE.

Any idea what is the waiting time in NUH CHR? Is it as bad as KKH? And also does our doctor review our scan each time or is it done by another dr like KKH?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Just done with et. I am officially in 2ww. Doc covered me with HL until blood test day.

This round feels different from fresh cycle. That time i was so bloated probably due to the stim jabs.

I hope this round will be good. :)
tats good... dun think about work... download show to watch... see more handsome and pretty... and get ready for a handsome/pretty baby :)

This time I'm doing fresh and I should be going back to work a few days after my ET. Scared to stay at home with a wondering mind.

Her herbs i find still bearable. Not as bitter. E herbs works for me but not my hubby. So i guess each individual differs :)

And e sisters are right. U need to take e tcm at least 3 months or more to see e effects

Last edited:
Hi ladies, am supposed to be starting IVF in Dec, however AF is late this month.
Hopefully, will get BFP, but but but, had the disappointment of chemical preg before.

a dreadful wait..

I'm glad your boss understands you. You are a great mummy!

I'm not sure if they can re-arrange the appointment because they follow the doctor's instruction. The doctor indicated the dates on the paper and the nurse arranged the appointments. Moreover I am under government subsidy, I took a referral letter from the Polyclinic and I chose KKH. However, they do allow me to do the blood test anytime between 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays. For the first blood test, I have to do it on 2nd Dec. For the second blood test, hopefully my 2nd menses fall on a Saturday. The clinic is open half day on Saturday. I can try to arrange HSG and second blood test on same day if KKH allows. For the ovulation blood test, do I need to go to KKH on my 2nd day of menses or wait for them to give me an appointment date? I was advised to call KKH on my 2nd day of menses, but I forgot to ask if I need to go down to KKH on my 2nd day of menses.

My next appt on 2 Dec too

Are his (her?) queue long? Meds is brew type? And is ok if my mandarin CMI? Thinking to tiao my body for a few months as constantly feeling cold esp at my fingertips and toes :(

Average how much is a week's meds?
It's a him. Queue very ok but it all depends when u walk in. By luck coz they dun take appt. u can brew yourself or they can brew for u. I get them to do it, very convenient. Dr que can understand and speak English not to worry. I do accu also plus 5 days med supplies ard 100$.

It's a him. Queue very ok but it all depends when u walk in. By luck coz they dun take appt. u can brew yourself or they can brew for u. I get them to do it, very convenient. Dr que can understand and speak English not to worry. I do accu also plus 5 days med supplies ard 100$.
Thanks, pinkfushia. Sounds perfect. Used to go BCC but queue really too long. Will give dr Que a try. Price sounds reasonable.

If queue too long, I just go grocery shopping at fairprice coz i live nearby anyway.

Thanks, pinkfushia. Sounds perfect. Used to go BCC but queue really too long. Will give dr Que a try. Price sounds reasonable.

If queue too long, I just go grocery shopping at fairprice coz i live nearby anyway.
What's your status Now? Sorry I din really keep track...

Are his (her?) queue long? Meds is brew type? And is ok if my mandarin CMI? Thinking to tiao my body for a few months as constantly feeling cold esp at my fingertips and toes :(

Average how much is a week's meds?
So far I don't have to wait for more than 20mins to see him every time. He speaks good English, my Chinese is terrible. Used to have problem communicating with dr zou yimin at AMK. I am so happy that i found dr que. I used to see him twice a week for meds and acupuncture, will cost about $200 but also depending on your meds. Saw him 3 months and kena liao :) good luck to you ron!

@paperclip, my advice to you is if you're seeing Dr Que, then don't see TSB, and vice versa. Coz the herbs you drink from their prescription may clash or have unintended effects on your body. I feel just one TCM doc each time is good enough. Good luck!

@paperclip, my advice to you is if you're seeing Dr Que, then don't see TSB, and vice versa. Coz the herbs you drink from their prescription may clash or have unintended effects on your body. I feel just one TCM doc each time is good enough. Good luck!

Ok. If it doesn't work, I can go TSB in February.

Target 3 months !

Hahahaha... Don't congrats me. I'm not pregnant yet. I wish only..

Your turn will come soon.. let 'jia you' together...
I am starting my clomid 100mg once my menses arrives... currently taking Metformin 1000mg on a daily basis...
I still have a lot of herbs under TSB.. will start consuming once menses is here also...

Morning & Afternoon: English medicine intake Night: Chinese herbs intake
Stomach going explode soon.. haha

I am starting my clomid 100mg once my menses arrives... currently taking Metformin 1000mg on a daily basis...
I still have a lot of herbs under TSB.. will start consuming once menses is here also...

I don't know what is clomid or metformin, but I feel you. Doesn't taste good. My first appointment with TSB is in February 2015. Lucky you.

You mean your herbs from TSB are meant to be taken during menses? Coz last time she told me to stop taking the herbs during menses… Did you check with her whether can take during menses?

I visited Dr Que clinic this evening. He prescribed Chinese herbs and did acupuncture for me. This is my first time doing acupuncture. A little pain and I was nervous too. Surprisingly, my stomach cramp disappeared after acupuncture. I recently have been experiencing stomach cramp 2 weeks before my menses. I would say acupuncture is good for women who experience such pain like me.

went to dr zou for accupuncture but it was very painful . it was nt so painful when i had my accupuncture at other places. ifeel my muscle twitching and tummy cramp during her accu sessions. i wonder how do other sisters feel when doing accu at dr zou's clinic.

Back