(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Thanks alot .. haha like tt I can an xing opt for 4 bedder. . Maybe can do a tmc tour again ..

Re: Oscar
I'm doing on 5 dec will be 12 wks 6 days by then.

Nw im down with flu n sore throat took 1 prititon from gp feel so drowsy nw ... wanted self heal but don hv luxury to stay hme for more den 1 day of mc to get well soon.. hope bb will be as healthy as a ox in me !

Facebook group : yes there is! U can pm Me ur email I add u in can't rem who is the Admin nick here in smh thread ...

same as me, still having phlegm in throat & Flu ..... Rest well and speedy recovery @bel_vodka :)

Hi all, i having this on-off fever at 37.5 degree especially in the afternoon. Its been a few days. Does anyone have the same problem? My gynea told me to visit GP if its 38 but so far it hasnt reached there. Im just worried while this thing is recurrent..

Hi all, i having this on-off fever at 37.5 degree especially in the afternoon. Its been a few days. Does anyone have the same problem? My gynea told me to visit GP if its 38 but so far it hasnt reached there. Im just worried while this thing is recurrent..

Did u take panadol (the round type) ??
It will help ..

Hi.. It went down after a few hours so I didnt take.. But nxt day appears again!

My next apptmt is 3 wks more! Do you think I shld see a gynae earlier?

I did not see the gynae when I had 3 days of high fever earlier this month ..
But I did check with the clinic & they told me that I should see the GP ..
I had another round of low grade fever last thur ..
But I managed to rest on Fri coz not working ..
Saw the gynae for my 10week visit & baby is okay ..
She mentioned that high fever in 1st tri will cause mc in the most severe case & high fever in last tri will likely affect the bb's brain in the worst case scenario ..
Anyway, I make sure I eat alot of fruits espy watermelon & drink lots of water ..
Cut down on fried stuffs ..
Gynae also told me to take vit c supplement too ..

Thanks ! Its just irritating that i dont know the cause. I dont have any other symptoms other than the usual MS.. Hope baby is doing fine in there:(

same as me, still having phlegm in throat & Flu ..... Rest well and speedy recovery @bel_vodka :)
thank u ! I abt to recover soon... at least my tap has turned off.. haha still drinking alot of water ..

take more fluids! if you buay tahan can pop panadol those normal ones..

Water is the best cure for fever, remember to drink plenty. It will prevent dehydration and keep your throat moist.
I tried not to eat panadol during pregnancy, I depend more on home remedies.

Last edited:
Drink isotonic drinks. It helps to regulate the body's salt etc level, and worked a treat for me when I had headaches during pregnancy.

In anycase, my Gynae advised the occasional Panadol when headache is unbearable is perfectly fine. More importantly is to not get all paranoid.

Hi hi! Im new to this thread!

Am now 11w2d. Just went gynea this morning and bb looking gd.

Would like to ask if ur gynea would usually let you hear the bb heartbeat or u have to request? Just realize i din get to hear e heartbeat. :(

hi i m new here.. currently 12wks and 3 days. Just had my OSCAR scan done yest and wanna share if your bb is co-operative then the scan can be done in 10 mins or so but if your bb is not at the right position, then whole scan can take hrs.. i basically took 1.5 hrs to complete as the sonographer is not able to measure the NT and she basically ask me to wait outside while she scan for other patients and only at the 3rd try then she manage to capture the NT. my results is not very ideal for trisomy 21 and there is absent nasal bone so am thinking of proceeding with CVS since it can be done within 14 wks. this is my 1st pregnancy so i m actually a bit lost. is this the best option since amnio can only be done at wk 16 and harmony is also not a definite answer.

hi i m new here.. currently 12wks and 3 days. Just had my OSCAR scan done yest and wanna share if your bb is co-operative then the scan can be done in 10 mins or so but if your bb is not at the right position, then whole scan can take hrs.. i basically took 1.5 hrs to complete as the sonographer is not able to measure the NT and she basically ask me to wait outside while she scan for other patients and only at the 3rd try then she manage to capture the NT. my results is not very ideal for trisomy 21 and there is absent nasal bone so am thinking of proceeding with CVS since it can be done within 14 wks. this is my 1st pregnancy so i m actually a bit lost. is this the best option since amnio can only be done at wk 16 and harmony is also not a definite answer.

How old are you ??
If your age is more than 35, the ratio drops for oscar ..

Hi hi! Im new to this thread!

Am now 11w2d. Just went gynea this morning and bb looking gd.

Would like to ask if ur gynea would usually let you hear the bb heartbeat or u have to request? Just realize i din get to hear e heartbeat. :(
Welcome! Heartbeat should be able to listen as early as 6 weeks but my gynae only let me hear on my 2nd visit at 9 weeks.My gynae will measure heartbeat rate and size of bb to make sure everything within range.Maybe you should ask from your gynae...its abit weird why he never let you hear.

Its the flu season so I hope everyone is resting well, eating well.Yes water is an important source and also lotsa veggies and pregnant friendly fruits.I went to my oscar test and result is low risk so I am not proceeding to harmony test.So happy to see bb moving actively, lucky during the scan bb is cooperating so the scan was done quickly.Hope all your tests if you choose to do everything will be ok.

Hi all,

Anyone with Dr WK Tan of TMC here?
I would like to find out which week will she let us listen to baby's heartbeat.
She usually only let us see the heartbeat but not listen to it.

Hi all,

my gynae is Dr Adrian Tan , he just let me see the heartbeat only
i never listen my baby heartbeat

For those doing Harmony test, does your gynae ask u to do the NT scan as well ??
Now she told me it is better to do the NT scan ..
On top of harmony test ..

I m with wk tan...she doesn't let me hear the heartbeat too haha..i think her machine might not be the latest? I heard my bb heartbeat when i was 6weeks in another gynae's clinic (was shortlisting bet him n wk tan then ) n oso during oscar test... I still see wk tan since she is highly recommended n experienced hee...

Hi all,

Last edited:
Hi bliswifu,

I heard the sound coming from her room when I was waiting outside. So I think her machine is able to listen... But dunno when she will let us listen...

Oh, we can listen to it during oscar? Haven went for oscar yet.
Did you see dr tan after oscar on the same day?
Will she analyse the results of the scan on the same day? Or have to wait till blood test is out?

Hi bliswifu,

I heard the sound coming from her room when I was waiting outside. So I think her machine is able to listen... But dunno when she will let us listen...

Oh, we can listen to it during oscar? Haven went for oscar yet.
Did you see dr tan after oscar on the same day?
Will she analyse the results of the scan on the same day? Or have to wait till blood test is out?

Wow really? U heard the sound outside?! Haa i m not sure oso though...cuz when i was in 8weeks i did ask her if can hear bb heartbeat since i heard in 6weeks...but she said too early to hear haa...
Yup during oscar the sonographer will let u hear bb heartbeat n give u the scan photo...like horse galloping...
Yup i see her after my oscar n she will just do a quick scan ...i think more for her own reference cuz she didnt give me the scan photo unlike on normal consultation days...
Nope, the nurse will call u the next day to let u know the result...i think tmc has their own lab to analyze the result :)

Wow really? U heard the sound outside?! Haa i m not sure oso though...cuz when i was in 8weeks i did ask her if can hear bb heartbeat since i heard in 6weeks...but she said too early to hear haa...
Yup during oscar the sonographer will let u hear bb heartbeat n give u the scan photo...like horse galloping...
Yup i see her after my oscar n she will just do a quick scan ...i think more for her own reference cuz she didnt give me the scan photo unlike on normal consultation days...
Nope, the nurse will call u the next day to let u know the result...i think tmc has their own lab to analyze the result :)

Yes. Heard the horse galloping sound when one of the nurse open the door. Haha...
Thanks for your detailed info! :)

For those doing Harmony test, does your gynae ask u to do the NT scan as well ??
Now she told me it is better to do the NT scan ..
On top of harmony test ..

@babyunicorn - My gynae says no need do the NT scan since harmony test is 99.9% accurate and NT is one of the measurement during oscar to aid in estimating the probability of Down. No need repetitive. I jus done my harmony.. the blood withdrawn is alot!! One big syringe with thick needle! Felt abit giddy but after resting ten mins was ok already. I was quite suprised the blood taking was done by the gynae himself instead of a phebo.. I saw my gynae injecting my blood from the syringe into a packet and labeling it to send to US. Hope I can get the results earlier than 2 wks :)

After 2 wks I can start to source for maternity clothes & baby's clothes!

Just went for my appointment again. So happy to see bb's heartbeat and doing well. When the gynea said that the bb will be more active after 1 or 2 weeks and my bb just moved! Haha find it so cute! Also booked my appointment for Oscar test in 2 weeks time. Didn't get the harmony one coz is really quite expensive though :(

Just went for my appointment again. So happy to see bb's heartbeat and doing well. When the gynea said that the bb will be more active after 1 or 2 weeks and my bb just moved! Haha find it so cute! Also booked my appointment for Oscar test in 2 weeks time. Didn't get the harmony one coz is really quite expensive though :(

I did at mount e, was $1k before GST. How big is your baby? Most of the time my baby is sleeping during scan mayb because i went on an empty stomach early morning. I heard from some mummies that if u eat before the scan, the baby will be active!

Congrats for mummies who passed the tests.. Im still long way to go (2.5 wks) to oscar. Still struggling with MS esp the bloatedness, sob sob.. May I know how many of u have got over it?

I am with doctor Michele Lee.. she will let us hear the heartbeat of baby..Anyway I bought a fetal Doppler, I can heard baby heartbeat anytime. Hee.

Just back from my appt. the nurses at the clinic screwed up. My appt 2.50pm end up only see doctor at 430pm. :mad: Angry
Lucky all is well. Think I will opt out from Oscar also. Don't think it's necessary though I did it for my #1.

I did at mount e, was $1k before GST. How big is your baby? Most of the time my baby is sleeping during scan mayb because i went on an empty stomach early morning. I heard from some mummies that if u eat before the scan, the baby will be active!
If I'm taking the harmony test it will be done at the clinic coz they said is just drawing of blood but for Oscar I will need to go to the specific clinic though. It was the first time I see the bb moved! My appt was in the morning too and I didn't eat before I went coz morning always feeling nauseous. The gynea said I'm 10 weeks already.

Hi all, just joined as a member today, seeing so many experienced mums here, thought it would be good to learn a little from everyone!

Tested positively Thursday and just confirmed at poly clinic yesterday. This is my first pregnancy.

My mum didn't take it we'll though (I'm 23 btw, not sure if that's considered young) and she's not talking to me since I told her, and it makes me miserable and sleepless. Hubby and I have already ROM in 2012, waiting for house but haven't done customary.

Any other young mummies here who can share their experience on breaking the news to their parents? My mum ignoring me is making me completely miserable, hahaha.

Dont worry girl, no parents can really be angry with their own child. She is just worried for u maybe.

Overdovey, have u been with Dr Paul tseng? It's my second pregnancy and was really unhappy with my first. Wanted ali naturale with no drugs ended up with induction , mechanically broken water bag and an emergency c sec. So this second time cannot afford to be wrong.

Hi estellyn
Dr Paul was and is my gynae. Patient and encouraging and he is au natural cause often i hear frens getting lotsa supplements from their gynae but he doesnt unless u need. He doesnt push u into decisions too.

Welcome all new mummies! I haven't been logging in for a long while cos am in the fb group but seems like there's a lot of discussion here as well.

There was a discussion on harmony and NT so I'll share my experience. My gynae said harmony is 98% accurate vs 90% for oscar. So hub n I decided to go for harmony as I'm 38 yrs old. I did harmony Abt 1.5 wks ago and got my result ytd. Low risk n nurse said my #2 is a prince. I also did my NT scan a few days ago cos I read that there was a case of harmony being wrong n the bb's Trisomy 13 results were no good despite good harmony result. They found out at 13 wks cos they also did a NT test. So I KS decided to do NT though my gynae didn't ask me to do. Spent $150 on NT for peace of mind. Think if mummies are young, can skip the test.

Hi is the Harmony test a definite yes or no results for DS? Why is it that your results return as low risk?

Harmony test is not a definite yes or no result for DS. From what i know, the result is something like oscar just that the accuracy is higher. For yes no result, it will be CVS and amnio which carrry a small risk of MC.

Hippo78, I've not seen my report yet but I recall my fren's report showed 3 columns.
T21 - low risk
T18 - low risk
T13 - low risk

Like wat busygal shared, harmony n oscar are both not definite yes/no answer but rather probabilities. Eg of Oscar result would be 1: 10,000. For harmony, seems like it just reflect high/low risk.

Hi all, I am new here. For those under Dr John Yam, when did he start giving out supplements?
As he only prescribe me with multivit-ferbeaplex from week 17 onwards. No fish oil, calcium etc..

Back