(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

My aim is just below 3kg. Too big natural birth more challenging and more perineum damage? Once they are out they fatten up easily I think.. I like my babies size 2.8something 2.9something. Carry one arm shiok only first week can do that?

That's true too. Many babies born in the past were below 3kg but grew up well into adulthood. I think we as a general population end up with higher expectations as babies' average weight increases to 3kg and above, due to bigger-sized mothers and being able to afford to eat more these days, so then we feel die-die must have baby weight 3kg or more. That's why my gynae takes the effort to repeat to me at every visit that my bb will not be big but will be normal weight. I may not even be able to do anything at all to have a 3kg baby, even if I gorge myself with food, coz my own body cannot grow anymore to accommodate bigger bb. So I leave it to God to grow bb to the right weight before summoning him to come out. :)

Morning mummies!

How come you all got so many lobangs on free gifts de...
I nv register for anything lo :(

For me, the free gifts are from antenatal classes at the hospital. I had to sign up for Nestle Baby Club in order to receive the goodie bag they were dangling in front of me at class. Then they just follow up with more goodies as the pregnancy progresses lor. The rest of the goodies also from antenatal class sessions, except once when DH signed me up to receive S-26 maternal milk sample, which they mailed to me with a pair of cute bb socks. Other mummies here are much more savvy, they go to individual brands' websites to sign up or email them for free samples. And they usually post about the samples/goodies here so you can do the same as them if you want the same things.

For me, the free gifts are from antenatal classes at the hospital. I had to sign up for Nestle Baby Club in order to receive the goodie bag they were dangling in front of me at class. Then they just follow up with more goodies as the pregnancy progresses lor. The rest of the goodies also from antenatal class sessions, except once when DH signed me up to receive S-26 maternal milk sample, which they mailed to me with a pair of cute bb socks. Other mummies here are much more savvy, they go to individual brands' websites to sign up or email them for free samples. And they usually post about the samples/goodies here so you can do the same as them if you want the same things.
Lol I never go for antenatal classes! too lazy :X

That's true too. Many babies born in the past were below 3kg but grew up well into adulthood. I think we as a general population end up with higher expectations as babies' average weight increases to 3kg and above, due to bigger-sized mothers and being able to afford to eat more these days, so then we feel die-die must have baby weight 3kg or more. That's why my gynae takes the effort to repeat to me at every visit that my bb will not be big but will be normal weight. I may not even be able to do anything at all to have a 3kg baby, even if I gorge myself with food, coz my own body cannot grow anymore to accommodate bigger bb. So I leave it to God to grow bb to the right weight before summoning him to come out. :)
i guess it all boils down to mummy body frame and genes also .. it is not as though the bb will do what we want ... some of us dare to aim 3kg and above cos we are fat by nature ( refering to me :p ) and given that my hubby tall and big ... so our genes sort of gear toward big size ... lolz
so for your petite size lady just be normal eat as per normal no need to purpose bb weight unless request by doc ... let nature take it course

just now on way to work ..hubby ask me when am i going to go through the checklist and wash all teh clothes etc lolz ... he said only leave 1 month leh lolz
he more kan jiong than me :p

i guess it all boils down to mummy body frame and genes also .. it is not as though the bb will do what we want ... some of us dare to aim 3kg and above cos we are fat by nature ( refering to me :p ) and given that my hubby tall and big ... so our genes sort of gear toward big size ... lolz
so for your petite size lady just be normal eat as per normal no need to purpose bb weight unless request by doc ... let nature take it course

Haha I also big size! but why my bb got the risk on being small

The hospital usually has a list of what to pack? I have the list for Mt A if anyone is going Mt A.

Oh me gg Mt A. But here the list which im going to pack:

For baby:
1) Baby New Set clothing
2) Mittens & Bootie
3) Hat/Cap
4) Receiving blanket

For mummy:
1) Dress when discharge
2) Sweater 3) Top Button PJ 4) Slping Pant 5) Sock + Slipper 6) Disposable Panties 7) Pad
8) Hp Charger / Camera
9) Disposable Breastpads (Optional)
10) Admission Letter / IC/Doc

my hubby say Pack that very day before heading to hospital too lolz
My hubby juz told me yesterday since my hospital bag already 90 % pack liao. Might as well pack finish n leave in his boot. Since time getting nearer n nearer.

His clothes no need pack he will go home n shower n ferry my kids here n there..

Btw anyone notice now have tv advertisement ... counting down to sg50....
I told my hubby they also helping us to count down too lol (plus 10 days = my week 37) ... remind us everyday how long roughly we have left ...

My hubby juz told me yesterday since my hospital bag already 90 % pack liao. Might as well pack finish n leave in his boot. Since time getting nearer n nearer.

His clothes no need pack he will go home n shower n ferry my kids here n there..

I told my hubby they also helping us to count down too lol (plus 10 days = my week 37) ... remind us everyday how long roughly we have left ...

wah u more kanjiong then me lolz.. i still haben finsihed shopping lolz and haben start washing

Oh me gg Mt A. But here the list which im going to pack:

For baby:
1) Baby New Set clothing
2) Mittens & Bootie
3) Hat/Cap
4) Receiving blanket

For mummy:
1) Dress when discharge
2) Sweater 3) Top Button PJ 4) Slping Pant 5) Sock + Slipper 6) Disposable Panties 7) Pad
8) Hp Charger / Camera
9) Disposable Breastpads (Optional)
10) Admission Letter / IC/Doc

This is the list I got from the Mt A antenatal class:
Mummy:
1. 4 nighties with front opening.
2. Breast Pads
3. Maternity Bras (1-2 sizes larger than normal size)
4. Cotton panties (*Not sure why they state so. Maybe more comfy. I'll bring disposable ones-cotton material.)
5. 2 boxes of maternity pads (optional)
6. Toiletries.
7. Doctor's letter and Blood Test results.
8. Husband and Wife IC/Passports
9. Marriage Certificate

Baby:
1. 2 pairs mittens (Optional)
2. 2 pairs booties (Optional)
3. 1 vest
4. 1 baby blanket (to keep baby warm on discharge)

if not available they will tell you item not available lor

Wat I meant is... All the items I saved previously is still the same price now. Can I assume that all these items got no further discount or do I have to enter any discount code?

This is the list I got from the Mt A antenatal class:
Mummy:
1. 4 nighties with front opening.
2. Breast Pads
3. Maternity Bras (1-2 sizes larger than normal size)
4. Cotton panties (*Not sure why they state so. Maybe more comfy. I'll bring disposable ones-cotton material.)
5. 2 boxes of maternity pads (optional)
6. Toiletries.
7. Doctor's letter and Blood Test results.
8. Husband and Wife IC/Passports
9. Marriage Certificate

Baby:
1. 2 pairs mittens (Optional)
2. 2 pairs booties (Optional)
3. 1 vest
4. 1 baby blanket (to keep baby warm on discharge)

TMC list
What to bring for your Stay
For maternity patients, please bring along your:
• personal nightgowns (front-open types for easier breastfeeding)
• maternity brassieres
• cardigan or dressing gown
• bedroom slippers
• sanitary belt (optional)
• sanitary towels (optional)
• polythene bags (for your soiled linen)
Note: It is advisable to have a bag ready with these necessary items packed 2 to 4 weeks befoe estimated delivery date.

We will provide the following for your newborn baby:

• baby vests
• disposable diapers
• toiletries
• a baby bag
• wrapping blanket
• a pair of mittens
Basic toiletries throughout your stay with us will be provided. However, you may also like to bring along your personal clothing, cosmetics and toiletries for a more comfortable stay. You are advised against bringing large sums of cash or valuables.

That countdown on TV is damn annoying lor. Like I don't need the TV to remind me again and again when I'm going to pop lah!

Cord Blood And Siblings: How HLA Matching Works
http://www.corcell.com/blog/cord-blood-siblings-how-hla-matching-works/

Cord Blood And Siblings: How HLA Matching Works
When banking umbilical cord blood, many parents wonder if their other children can utilize the blood donated from one sibling. The odds of such donations being successful depend on whether the children have matching HLA types, or human leukocyte antigens.

brothers.jpg

What is HLA?

HLA typing involves finding a matching donor for a sick person’s cord blood or bone marrow transplant. A different process than ABO blood typing, HLA is a protein found on most of the body’s cells. HLA markers are immune system tools as the system uses them to determine which cells are healthy and important to the body and which aren’t. A person inherits half of their HLA markers from the mother and half from the father, meaning siblings have a 25 percent chance of being a full matching HLA type.

In addition to having a 25 percent chance of being a full HLA type match, siblings also have a 50 percent chance of being a half match. They also have a 25 percent chance of not matching at all. In order for a cord blood transplant to be successful, the donor and patient need a 67 percent match, or four out of six HLA types. This is why families who bank more than one child’s cord blood stem cells have a greater chance of matches occurring. This includes all therapies and transplants that utilize sibling stem cells.

Benefits of Successful Matches

So what does successful matching do? For starters, it highly increases the likelihood of a successful transplant. Studies also show a higher survival rate when using cord blood cells taken from a relative.1 It also improves engraftment, or when donated cells begin to grow and create new blood cells. Another benefit is the reduction of post-transplant complications, particularly graft-versus-host disease (GVHD). A very serious complication, GVHD is when immune cells from donated bone marrow or cord blood attack the body.

It therefore makes a lot of sense to bank cord blood following the birth of each child in a family as it increases the likelihood of success regarding any future procedures.

Diseases Treated With Cord Blood-Harvested Stem Cells

Cord blood can be considered a form of health insurance with its stem cells used to treat a variety of diseases. These include many forms of acute and chronic leukemia, inherited immune system disorders, stem cell disorders, plasma cell disorders and lymphoproliferative disorders, with the latter including Hodgkin’s disease and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Numerous other diseases have the potential to be treated with stem cells, including lupus, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease and many more.

The decision to bank cord blood is one that can save families in times of health crises. The more blood banked, the greater the chances of HLA type matches, which means more family security. Have you or someone you know decided to bank cord blood? Have you used cord blood banks to help family members? Leave a comment and share your experiences!

hmmmm...

What about Parkway East Hospital (East Shore Hospital)?

Anyone know what to bring?
if you want BB to go home mei mei you can bring your own lolz
in any way we are in singapore..if need sometime last min can send hubby out to buy or pay extra lor ..i believe hospital would sell things just more exp only lolz

Why like that har? Did u start bf in hospital ?
yes I did ...

Ask Malay massage lady help you clear first.. Then pump
Yes I did this morning , just managed to get Ida to clear all the lumps and blockage for me !! Yeah !!! Now cleared .. Can start to pump every hour for today then 2 hour then 3 hours ...

Hmm… my mummy friend (with 3 kids) said because the body tries to supply whatever volume of bm to meed the bb's demand, the more you express the worse the engorgement will become. End up you will have too much bm for bb and the engorgement does not go away. She said the best is to control/reduce how much you express, even though the engorgement will be painful for a while, but it will get better as your body adjusts to a lower "demand".
Poor me ytd use all sorts of methods to clear the lump n pain .. To the extend of hand expressing ... Till my head going to drop ... Lolz

my hubby say Pack that very day before heading to hospital too lolz
That's what I did . Pack before going in .. Lolz .. Can even shower and shampoo my hair 2 times .. Lol

hospital bag? can google.
one set of bb clothes, your clothes, hp charger, toiletries, ic.
hosp usually will provide maternity pads, disposable panties..
For tmc no need bb clothes . They will let bb wear the tmc bb shirt .. Unless you only want bb to wear home clothes lolz . With tmc wrapping blanket .. Find the blanket material good and soft ...I like it ..

I'm not expecting guests so I just wear the gown hospital provide . I did bring my pj ... But thinking will stain the pj , so never change . Anyway only short stay . Admit on 24th night , 26th lunch time already back home ..

My gf c'sean also never bring home clothes . She everyday also wear the gown lolz ..

All depends on individual .. Tmc provides the toothbrush , toothpaste , shower and shampoo gel ..

When I'm discharged , I still left one piece of maternity pad provide by tmc .

They will give you some pcs of the blue protection sheet .. Think I left 3 out of the 10 they used in labour .

Natural birth they will let you wear the disposable undies ... Cooling ... Lolz
With one extra for you .

My bag :
one pj ( nv used )
Undies ( nv used )
Nursing bra ( used)
Go home clothes ( nv used ) wear back the same clothes ... Then I go take pic .. Before deliver and after deliver pic ..
Toothbrush ( used and throw )
Skincare products ( used)
Slipper ( never used ... Below pain in stitches ... Just feel like lying down no walking except toilet .
Charger ( a must )

TMC list
What to bring for your Stay
For maternity patients, please bring along your:
• personal nightgowns (front-open types for easier breastfeeding)
• maternity brassieres
• cardigan or dressing gown
• bedroom slippers
• sanitary belt (optional)
• sanitary towels (optional)
• polythene bags (for your soiled linen)
Note: It is advisable to have a bag ready with these necessary items packed 2 to 4 weeks befoe estimated delivery date.

We will provide the following for your newborn baby:

• baby vests
• disposable diapers
• toiletries
• a baby bag
• wrapping blanket
• a pair of mittens
Basic toiletries throughout your stay with us will be provided. However, you may also like to bring along your personal clothing, cosmetics and toiletries for a more comfortable stay. You are advised against bringing large sums of cash or valuables.

http://www.acog.org/Resources-And-P...Timing-of-Umbilical-Cord-Clamping-After-Birth

Conclusion
Currently, insufficient evidence exists to support or to refute the benefits from delayed umbilical cord clamping for term infants that are born in settings with rich resources. Although a delay in umbilical cord clamping for up to 60 seconds may increase total body iron stores and blood volume, which may be particularly beneficial in populations in which iron deficiency is prevalent, these potential benefits must be weighed against the increased risk for neonatal phototherapy. In addition, no difference is apparent between infants who undergo early umbilical cord clamping versus those who undergo delayed umbilical cord clamping with respect to immediate birth outcomes, such as Apgar scores, umbilical cord pH, or respiratory distress caused by polycythemia (51). Although maternal outcomes have not been rigorously studied, the incidence of postpartum hemorrhage is reported to be similar between immediate umbilical cord clamping groups and late umbilical cord clamping groups.

However, evidence supports delayed umbilical cord clamping in preterm infants. As with term infants, delaying umbilical cord clamping to 30–60 seconds after birth with the infant at a level below the placenta is associated with neonatal benefits, including improved transitional circulation, better establishment of red blood cell volume, and decreased need for blood transfusion. The single most important clinical benefit for preterm infants is the possibility for a nearly 50% reduction in intraventricular hemorrhage. It is important to note that the timing of umbilical cord clamping should not be altered for the purpose of collecting umbilical cord blood for banking (30).

hmmm

is it necessary to buy receiving blankets? do you find it useful?
IMHO another nice to have but not necessity lolz

yes I did ...
Yes I did this morning , just managed to get Ida to clear all the lumps and blockage for me !! Yeah !!! Now cleared .. Can start to pump every hour for today then 2 hour then 3 hours ...

Poor me ytd use all sorts of methods to clear the lump n pain .. To the extend of hand expressing ... Till my head going to drop ... Lolz

That's what I did . Pack before going in .. Lolz .. Can even shower and shampoo my hair 2 times .. Lol

For tmc no need bb clothes . They will let bb wear the tmc bb shirt .. Unless you only want bb to wear home clothes lolz . With tmc wrapping blanket .. Find the blanket material good and soft ...I like it ..

I'm not expecting guests so I just wear the gown hospital provide . I did bring my pj ... But thinking will stain the pj , so never change . Anyway only short stay . Admit on 24th night , 26th lunch time already back home ..

My gf c'sean also never bring home clothes . She everyday also wear the gown lolz ..

All depends on individual .. Tmc provides the toothbrush , toothpaste , shower and shampoo gel ..

When I'm discharged , I still left one piece of maternity pad provide by tmc .

They will give you some pcs of the blue protection sheet .. Think I left 3 out of the 10 they used in labour .

Natural birth they will let you wear the disposable undies ... Cooling ... Lolz
With one extra for you .

My bag :
one pj ( nv used )
Undies ( nv used )
Nursing bra ( used)
Go home clothes ( nv used ) wear back the same clothes ... Then I go take pic .. Before deliver and after deliver pic ..
Toothbrush ( used and throw )
Skincare products ( used)
Slipper ( never used ... Below pain in stitches ... Just feel like lying down no walking except toilet .
Charger ( a must )

tot you said Ida also full..still can get her ??
err... paiseh is engorgement confirmed have for those subsequent birth har ?? u are scaring me leh :p

huh? hospital gown how to BF ??

wah u more kanjiong then me lolz.. i still haben finsihed shopping lolz and haben start washing

I only pack hospital bag nia.. lol..

Clothes not wash.. only wash the clothes to bring to hospital...

Red date drink. Mama bottom spray.. confinement shower gel not yet buy also... lol....

Juz did the most impt thing which is the hospital bag.. the rest can slowly do...

Red date drink. Mama bottom spray.. confinement shower gel not yet buy also... lol....

Juz did the most impt thing which is the hospital bag.. the rest can slowly do...

need to get confinement shower gel ah? i thought bathing with herbs?

I think if bottom spray is needed, your doc will prescribe. I visited mums at the hospital whom doc has prescribed for them and they start using when at the hospital.

Back