Urgent: Best bottle for breast feed baby

MalbikaC

Here is my problem,

My cute little baby girl is just 6 months old and till now she is on EBF. Now I have to go back to work in a month. Now my problem starts, my girl doesn't like bottles. I tried Avent natural flow and Dr Brown bottle with slow flow nipples. She doesn't like both of them. Hardly she takes half ounce from these bottles even when she is hungry. She also chokes and coughs on these bottles.I doubt if she likes the bottle. My helpers gives the bottle, but nothing doing. You all great mummies, could you please help me out on this. I really need it.

Hihi for my girl, pigeon peristaltic plus tests worked really well. Good luck and I hope your issue has been solved!

Hi Themissus, thanks thanks. Did you also face this problem?Do you know where can I get these bottles. I don't see this brand in online

Hey, my baby also had problem drinking from bottle.. Not perfect now but she is better.. Try comotomo bottle.. The small one with slow flow.. My baby rarely choked on it compared to other bottles.. easier for babies who have been EBF.. Other bottles she has tried is MAM (not too bad) and dr brown wide neck one..
Medela calma is apparently gd for breastfed babies but the flow was too fast for my baby and she choked very badly.. Never used the calma again..

Oh another pointer, my little one chokes when she is distracted also..

Hi Goka,

Thanks. What you do when the baby chokes at bottle? It is very scary for me. I am using pigeon bottles n nipples.

I just sit her upright or to the side.. Give her a while to settle down.. Calm her down.. Also I feed her a little more upright.. For my baby, she chokes when she is frantic and very hungry (my little one is very impatient) or distracted.. Also because she is not used to bottles.. So I try to prepare the milk in the bottle a little ahead of time and give her the milk in a quiet environment.. It's a matter of getting used to..

Back