(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Hmmm, I know my hubby didn't pay for shipping for the items above, but that's cos they screwed up our first order w them which was the cot, went one big round, turns out it was too heavy to ship to SG even though the order went thru, then we got this sweetheart of a customer service agent, who waived all the shipping for our subsequent few shipments, AND she actually got Amazon to pay for our cot in Singapore, hehehe. :D I think now they have a promo, spend above $130 on items they can ship direct to SG n it's free shipping right? Let me double check w my hubby tonight. I'm quite clueless on this, I'm the kind who like to wander around in the shops n touch touch the material.
It's US$125 on QUALIFYING ITEMS...and u get free supersaver shipping
Qualifying items = items sold by Amazon that are AmazonGlobal Eligible, does not weigh more than 20lbs and does not exceed certain dimensions.

There was once I accidentally clicked on std shipping without realsing that i wasnt given the option for super saver shipping tho the items i got were qualifying items.

i wrote to amazon, and i got my delivery charges totally waived. so that means... i got free std shipping, which is acty faster!

And now i rly like shopping from the US sites?

E.g. my freestyle pump + additional spare parts kit + breast shield = 352 usd.

Add the delivery + gst of about...120 usd, that means i pay about SGD600. buy the pump in sgp and it's like 799?? what a ripoff.
Plus i get to shop in the comfort of my home / office. No need to squeeze with the crowd.... shopping malls are soooo crowded these days. :(

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201214770

Order with FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping
If your order is $125 or over and being shipped to Mexico or Singapore, you may qualify for FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping. With AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping, your order will be delivered 9-14 business days after all of your items are available to ship, including pre-order items.

To place an order:

1. Add at least US$125 of eligible AmazonGlobal Saver products to your Shopping Cart.
    Note: Items must be eligible for the AmazonGlobal Program and sold by Amazon.com.

2. Proceed to checkout.
  3. Ship your items to a single address in Mexico or Singapore.
  4. Select Group my items into as few shipments as possible as your shipping preference.
  5. Select AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping as your shipping speed.
  6. Types of Credit and Debit Cards That Can Be Used
Note: AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping may be used with a promotion code. The qualifying amount is the total amount of the products purchased before the promotion code is applied.

Thanks for the clarification. AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping must be a new thing; I've been buying from Amazon many times for ages and had never seen this before.

And now i rly like shopping from the US sites?

E.g. my freestyle pump + additional spare parts kit + breast shield = 352 usd.

Add the delivery + gst of about...120 usd, that means i pay about SGD600. buy the pump in sgp and it's like 799?? what a ripoff.
Plus i get to shop in the comfort of my home / office. No need to squeeze with the crowd.... shopping malls are soooo crowded these days. :(

But if I am not wrong medela unable to ship to sg

Thanks for the clarification. AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping must be a new thing; I've been buying from Amazon many times for ages and had never seen this before.
it has been quite a while already lolz

But if I am not wrong medela unable to ship to sg
yes they dun so need to use Vpost

it;s acty with volatility that it's easier to make $$. how to make money if it isnt trending?
but taht would mean u need to always keep a look out of the news and what is going on to make $$$ ...too much for my little brain..so better buy blue chip and then dun see lolz ..or ipo lolz

Nestle Baby Club called me to offer to send me a free goodie bag. They must have forgotten I already got goodie bag from them at antenatal class. But I can't refuse the offer of more freebies, right? :p

Nestle Baby Club called me to offer to send me a free goodie bag. They must have forgotten I already got goodie bag from them at antenatal class. But I can't refuse the offer of more freebies, right? :p
that is called marketing. i also got a call today ..she say as and when bb reach the next stage they will call again to update etc ..
so now they are following up as near EDD mah

that is called marketing. i also got a call today ..she say as and when bb reach the next stage they will call again to update etc ..

As long as they don't call me often and they don't expect me to buy what they sell, I'm fine with their marketing. They're generous with their maternal milk sample, as they give away one whole free tin (instead of free satchets that other brands give out), but they need to greatly improve on the taste if they ever want to entice me to spend $ to buy lol.

As long as they don't call me often and they don't expect me to buy what they sell, I'm fine with their marketing. They're generous with their maternal milk sample, as they give away one whole free tin (instead of free satchets that other brands give out), but they need to greatly improve on the taste if they ever want to entice me to spend $ to buy lol.
they are quite generous indeed there are more goodie bag to come as teh bb grow up ..

they are quite generous indeed there are more goodie bag to come as teh bb grow up ..
I juz receive call from them today too haha. Guess they called all the jan mums ?

Btw is 1.4kg baby at almost 31 weeks small ?? I cant remember whats the weight of my 2 kids at this stage.. but looking at the guide online. If at this rate i am expecting a less than 3kg baby at 37 weeks :oops:

I think mummies with older kiddos tend to be like us ba,..... haha.... i have maternity photoshoot this Fri... I also have not think about what to wear or bring...kekeke

think you can try to search some maternity costumes? i'm searching also..

I juz receive call from them today too haha. Guess they called all the jan mums ?

Btw is 1.4kg baby at almost 31 weeks small ?? I cant remember whats the weight of my 2 kids at this stage.. but looking at the guide online. If at this rate i am expecting a less than 3kg baby at 37 weeks :oops:

eat more protein, red meat if you can.
Ytd I measure mine. 32 wk + 3 day - weight 2kg.

Oh we are same.....this mth salary we nd to chase debtor to pay our salary. Worse me from procurement dept yet boss ask me chase debtor. so sianzzz..... i can standby throw letter soon. lol

Super sian lor... demoralizing and yet can't resign or else I'll have no maternity leave!!!

can only "tong" and hope for the best...

Our thread here run so fast... hard to catch up..

Aha, guess they did! The woman who called me even told me she has the same EDD as me. o_O My boy was 1.5kg at 30 wk + 6, but gynae repeated he's of normal weight and that he won't be big due to my petite size. Although of course I want a 3kg baby at full term, I have to be realistic that I'm cursed with a small body. Bear in mind that any weight between 2.5kg to 3.5kg is considered normal, and that most babies in the past were below 3kg anyway (in those days when women had less access to good nutrition and medicine was less advanced). What's most important is that baby is growing at the normal rate and is healthy. :)

ETA: I'm drinking milk and eating durian and eggs to put on weight.

Aha, guess they did! The woman who called me even told me she has the same EDD as me. o_O My boy was 1.5kg at 30 wk + 6, but gynae repeated he's of normal weight and that he won't be big due to my petite size. Although of course I want a 3kg baby at full term, I have to be realistic that I'm cursed with a small body. Bear in mind that any weight between 2.5kg to 3.5kg is considered normal, and that most babies in the past were below 3kg anyway (in those days when women had less access to good nutrition and medicine was less advanced). What's most important is that baby is growing at the normal rate and is healthy. :)

Earlier this week mine was also 2kg. Why do you want a bigger baby? My previous two below 3kg above 2.5kg was fine... And now walking already giving me so much problems..i mean having to carry the weight

Earlier this week mine was also 2kg. Why do you want a bigger baby? My previous two below 3kg above 2.5kg was fine... And now walking already giving me so much problems..i mean having to carry the weight
My 1st baby was 3.62kg.37 weeks quite strong very rare sick
2nd baby slightly preterm 36 weeks at 2.9kg always sick during infant stage probably coz she is preterm...

So in case this baby wanna come out slightly preterm also then if good weight no need go niuc n hope stronger also

Also easier to handle a bigger baby rather than tiny baby....

I also dun.hope a super big baby lah.. juz around 3kg will do hehe...

Juz tot now almost 31 weeks only 1.4kg seems small to me so asking around .. coz i think last few days i saw a mummy mention she is 30 weeks n baby is already 2kg...

Ya grow on normal rate would be good... i scared durian too sweet but i did took it last week maybe that why baby weighr boost abit...
Coz previously at week 28 was only 1kg....

Will try milk... since i lack of calcium also .. tooth start to pain liao.

After each pregnancy i confirm have to visit dentist to mend some holes lol..

Mummies u all can try this website http://125andup.sg if u wanna check whether ur item on amazon ships to sg for free. When I buy stuff on amazon, I'll search for what I want then paste the link in this website. It will tell u if the item ships for free, for a fee or doesn't ship to sg. Thought it's quite useful for those who wanna try amazon. In the end all my items were free shipping :)

Ya grow on normal rate would be good... i scared durian too sweet but i did took it last week maybe that why baby weighr boost abit...

Drink avocado milk shake hehe

Haha I gt a call some time back too. They prob call according to when our edd is. Said she will send free milk powder samples aft 6 mths or sth like that

which hospital you go ? TMC ok leh... comparing with CBD parking it is alot cheaper lor lolz
ZZZ in train ...provided he can get a seat 1st !!!!

so fast engorgement liao :eek:
lolz can have 4th one ... goverment will love you deep deep :p

yes anmum power that is what i took for #1 lolz ... so now with this one i din drink ..my weight gain think should be ok bah lolz

Yes ... Very bad ... Whole day trying to ease the pain .. As hard as diamond .. I love diamonds but not on my breast :(

I no need govt to love me deep .. Anyway now a lot of foreigners giving birth in Sg ... You know ..

can lah... go go for No 4....

Lol .. Cannot ... How many you want ?

Yes ... Very bad ... Whole day trying to ease the pain .. As hard as diamond .. I love diamonds but not on my breast :(

I no need govt to love me deep .. Anyway now a lot of foreigners giving birth in Sg ... You know ..

i heard from nurses. they said dun eat too oily, too much ginger and dun take very strong herbs like dang gui or yomeishu at the start. if not will engorge.

My 2nd trial confinement food from ICS catering. $35 for trial set. Steam fish with grated ginger , fried broccoli with shredded pork, black chicken soup and red bean soup. Portion is good for two pax. Taste : personally, I dont like them

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417090200810.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1417090200810.png
    989.2 KB · Views: 234

At 31kg average is 1.5kg so yours only average weight +/-

My 1st baby was 3.62kg.37 weeks quite strong very rare sick
2nd baby slightly preterm 36 weeks at 2.9kg always sick during infant stage probably coz she is preterm...

So in case this baby wanna come out slightly preterm also then if good weight no need go niuc n hope stronger also

Also easier to handle a bigger baby rather than tiny baby....

I also dun.hope a super big baby lah.. juz around 3kg will do hehe...

Juz tot now almost 31 weeks only 1.4kg seems small to me so asking around .. coz i think last few days i saw a mummy mention she is 30 weeks n baby is already 2kg...
Yah big baby easier to handle :p
So I am drinking milk and red meat !!

Acocado milk shake I would love too but they are very sweet due to the Gula Melaka so I will Siam due to GD risk

I think it is because of premiee not because of weight lah

This "diamond" is priceless one ok lolz. So how's life with the new little one ?

After birth sure one cos we can't do it during pregnancy ideally not lah

i heard from nurses. they said dun eat too oily, too much ginger and dun take very strong herbs like dang gui or yomeishu at the start. if not will engorge.

Did not really take oily food . I dun even drink yomeishu .

This time round the engorgement is really bad ... My #2 time is so easy and good ... :( this time round so miserable ... Should be resting and yet I'm trying to ease the pain by pumping out, express out even go and buy manual pump and use hand express ... Basically I'm busy with the pain and expressing ..

This "diamond" is priceless one ok lolz. So how's life with the new little one ?

Life is good ... But cannot give her bm now due to blockage .. Have to give her fm first ... Those express out one will be facial wash lol ...

Btw , anyone have idea how come I get water retention on my feet after discharge from hospital ? During pregnacy only when I played mj too long hours will get it but will subside within a day .. Now my water retention last for 2 days .. So sad .. Not so smooth leh ..

Did not really take oily food . I dun even drink yomeishu .

This time round the engorgement is really bad ... My #2 time is so easy and good ... :( this time round so miserable ... Should be resting and yet I'm trying to ease the pain by pumping out, express out even go and buy manual pump and use hand express ... Basically I'm busy with the pain and expressing ..

Life is good ... But cannot give her bm now due to blockage .. Have to give her fm first ... Those express out one will be facial wash lol ...

Btw , anyone have idea how come I get water retention on my feet after discharge from hospital ? During pregnacy only when I played mj too long hours will get it but will subside within a day .. Now my water retention last for 2 days .. So sad .. Not so smooth leh ..
How come cannot give her bm? Tot u said u are expressing ?

I guess I'm merely succumbing to what everyone else (except you) wants - for their babies to be above 3kg as they're more sturdy then. But good to hear that from you about your #1 and #2! Walking is okay for me for now, but sitting down is bad as he kicks and punches to express his displeasure at the cramped space, lol.

Btw, @amberosw did you manage to check if you can join us for high tea at St. Regis on 5 Dec?

I guess I'm merely succumbing to what everyone else (except you) wants - for their babies to be above 3kg as they're more sturdy then. But good to hear that from you about your #1 and #2! Walking is okay for me for now, but sitting down is bad as he kicks and punches to express his displeasure at the cramped space, lol.

Btw, @amberosw did you manage to check if you can join us for high tea at St. Regis on 5 Dec?

Class as usual, so I can only go if someone else sends them to swim class, or if it rains. I'll try to make it. Don't count me first. Sure easy to add one pax

My aim is just below 3kg. Too big natural birth more challenging and more perineum damage? Once they are out they fatten up easily I think.. I like my babies size 2.8something 2.9something. Carry one arm shiok only first week can do that?

Express but I take very long to clear my breast . Simply cannot clear so just throw away the bm Lo ... Pump for one hour also cannot clear the pain and lump ...

Hmm… my mummy friend (with 3 kids) said because the body tries to supply whatever volume of bm to meed the bb's demand, the more you express the worse the engorgement will become. End up you will have too much bm for bb and the engorgement does not go away. She said the best is to control/reduce how much you express, even though the engorgement will be painful for a while, but it will get better as your body adjusts to a lower "demand".

Back