(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Anyone knows if Robinsons JEM got babies' section? It's the one nearest my place and I'm interested in the Nuna Pepp Luxx stroller.

The price is quite attractive yar... but its quite heavy!

IKR, European brands are like that, but it's already less heavy than the Stokke giants that are about 15kg and much cheaper. Thinking of getting this to satisfy hubby's taste for European brand and then bug him to buy a light one for when I travel alone with LO on public transport.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417062128525.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1417062128525.png
    492.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Can eat la~ just don't eat too much. count the numbers of grapes you eat. I got eat Mango too but like 3-4 cubes.. then watch my hub finish the rest..
I don't really dig apple, I eat kiwi a lot. :p
I hv to eat a lot of fruits then will hv no constipation. Gynae said fruits too much sugar so he said to take Fibrosol which has fibre minus the sugar. It works for me. I dun hv to take so many fruits now.

I hv to eat a lot of fruits then will hv no constipation. Gynae said fruits too much sugar so he said to take Fibrosol which has fibre minus the sugar. It works for me. I dun hv to take so many fruits now.

I see, I drink a lot of water. hahaha like at least 2.5L everyday.

Haiz I want a particular diaper bag but amazon don't have international shipping for that!

Use Vpost or comgateway

Actually my msg above not totally accurate. It is actually storewide 20% n members extra 5%. Also for mummies w sensitive skin using Cetaphil cleanser, they have a bundle now - 2x 473ml n 1x 250ml for $35, u save $22, very worth it!

i used amazon free shipping

U r like my hubby, everything ship from Amazon, hehe. My nursery looks like Amazon threw up in it. Changing table, musical mobile, stroller, car seat, crib sheets, baby monitor, thermometer, mattress, u name it, they r all from that side of the "pond" (that's what we call the Pacific Ocean so that my hubby don't feel like he's so far from home). Lol.

U r like my hubby, everything ship from Amazon, hehe. My nursery looks like Amazon threw up in it. Changing table, musical mobile, stroller, car seat, crib sheets, baby monitor, thermometer, mattress, u name it, they r all from that side of the "pond" (that's what we call the Pacific Ocean so that my hubby don't feel like he's so far from home). Lol.

Your hubby is American right? LOL that's why likes Amazon so much. The service quality (of delivery and customer service) is there and the free shipping within the US is very attractive.

it all started from my hubby too lolz but i have yet to ship big items from there lolz
sometime really no choice the items sold here simply too exp as compared to there
the cetaphil i bought for my boy .. 1 bottle sold $35 here ...if from usa less than US$15 ..
the price paid hre i could have got 2 in usa

i presumed you refering to big items like cot / chair etc ..nope .mine all small items
@bbcripps might be able to advise on that

Hmmm, I know my hubby didn't pay for shipping for the items above, but that's cos they screwed up our first order w them which was the cot, went one big round, turns out it was too heavy to ship to SG even though the order went thru, then we got this sweetheart of a customer service agent, who waived all the shipping for our subsequent few shipments, AND she actually got Amazon to pay for our cot in Singapore, hehehe. :D I think now they have a promo, spend above $130 on items they can ship direct to SG n it's free shipping right? Let me double check w my hubby tonight. I'm quite clueless on this, I'm the kind who like to wander around in the shops n touch touch the material.

Hmmm, I know my hubby didn't pay for shipping for the items above, but that's cos they screwed up our first order w them which was the cot, went one big round, turns out it was too heavy to ship to SG even though the order went thru, then we got this sweetheart of a customer service agent, who waived all the shipping for our subsequent few shipments, AND she actually got Amazon to pay for our cot in Singapore, hehehe. :D I think now they have a promo, spend above $130 on items they can ship direct to SG n it's free shipping right? Let me double check w my hubby tonight. I'm quite clueless on this, I'm the kind who like to wander around in the shops n touch touch the material.
sometime i wonder ..at the rate they waive these shipping cost and low price (refer to items sold by amazon not third party) .. aint they selling at loss ?? how do they survive lolz

Filled up my maternity & shared paternal leave. Need to apply SPLAS (forgot my singpass password!!) grrr!!

Will email to HR next week. Excited!

DSC_0574.jpg

yea but I think my items too big so don't qualify for the free shipping. when I went to checkout the shipping was charged to s$180+. :eek:
try search using diff sellers ,,mabe some will be entitled to free shipping
Filled up my maternity & shared paternal leave. Need to apply SPLAS (forgot my singpass password!!) grrr!!

Will email to HR next week. Excited!

View attachment 434453
huh? we need to do that ourselve ?? what is SPLAS ?

sometime i wonder ..at the rate they waive these shipping cost and low price (refer to items sold by amazon not third party) .. aint they selling at loss ?? how do they survive lolz

Wah u really should be friends w my hubby man, that was the exact same question he kept on asking me, think he feels bad cos we calculated they waived >2K in shipping fee in total. I suspect the markup on some items is so much in the first place that even with all the discount n free shipping they still make profit. Plus the market is so huge in US, huge volume, n there r lotsa people who pay almost full price for some items too.

Wah u really should be friends w my hubby man, that was the exact same question he kept on asking me, think he feels bad cos we calculated they waived >2K in shipping fee in total. I suspect the markup on some items is so much in the first place that even with all the discount n free shipping they still make profit. Plus the market is so huge in US, huge volume, n there r lotsa people who pay almost full price for some items too.
lolz ...u need alot of MARKUP to make up .. i also asked my hubby the same thing lolz ... simply dun make sense
they can waive ours they can do the same for others esp when market so huge in usa ... the number of complaints and waivers should be high too

How to apply: If you are an employee
  1. Give your employer early notice of your leave arrangement. This allows your employer time to verify your eligibility and make alternative work arrangement.
    Note: Even if you have agreed on a flexible maternity leave arrangement, the first 8 weeks of leave must be taken as one continuous block.

2. Submit the declaration form (Form GPML1 ) to your employer, with all the necessary supporting documents. Your employer may use its own declaration form/system for you to declare your eligibility.
  3. Apply for maternity leave in accordance with your company's leave application procedures.
- See more at: http://www.ecitizen.gov.sg/Topics/Pages/Maternity-leave-How-to-apply.aspx#sthash.viNMDtJD.dpuf

http://www.ecitizen.gov.sg/Topics/Pages/Maternity-leave-How-to-apply.aspx

Declaration of eligibility
1. This form should be submitted by a female employee to her employer, at least one week before the start of her maternity leave, or where it is not practicable to submit the form one week before the start of her maternity leave, within one month from the date of birth of the female employee’s child

i din know we need to do that lolz,.. my #1 just tell hr ..and then off i go lolz

Crap la, when Amazon gave us the free shipping for the first time, I told hubby we should buy their stock to support, that time I checked it was at $299. But then I told him maybe watch n monitor first cos it was such an underperformer this year, everybody else was flying, this stupid stock like want to die don't want to die. Now I just checked the price again it closed at $333 last night. Basket!!!

Lucky you!!! :p Please keep us updated when you confirm the free shipping to SG if spend above $130, that would be my very first time knowing about an offer of free overseas shipping from Amazon.

yea but I think my items too big so don't qualify for the free shipping. when I went to checkout the shipping was charged to s$180+. :eek:

I have never come across free overseas shipping on Amazon before, even for small items like CDs. Free shipping is only for domestic US addresses, so I don't think the size of your item matters in that sense. As long as it's outside North America, they will charge shipping.

For some items like books, Amazon is more expensive than the 3rd party merchants selling on Amazon platform. I sincerely believe that the cost of doing business in the US (unless you need to hire lots of labour which is expensive), especially if the systems are automated/machine-operated, is much lower than in SG. That's why so many of their things are so cheap.

amazon.JPG

Crap la, when Amazon gave us the free shipping for the first time, I told hubby we should buy their stock to support, that time I checked it was at $299. But then I told him maybe watch n monitor first cos it was such an underperformer this year, everybody else was flying, this stupid stock like want to die don't want to die. Now I just checked the price again it closed at $333 last night. Basket!!!
wahahahha.. my hubby also tell me look at their stock price ..he also say ... that stock fluctuate like mad.. hard to invest in lolz

Lucky you!!! :p Please keep us updated when you confirm the free shipping to SG if spend above $130, that would be my very first time knowing about an offer of free overseas shipping from Amazon.
I have never come across free overseas shipping on Amazon before, even for small items like CDs. Free shipping is only for domestic US addresses, so I don't think the size of your item matters in that sense. As long as it's outside North America, they will charge shipping.
For some items like books, Amazon is more expensive than the 3rd party merchants selling on Amazon platform. I sincerely believe that the cost of doing business in the US (unless you need to hire lots of labour which is expensive), especially if the systems are automated/machine-operated, is much lower than in SG. That's why so many of their things are so cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201214770

Order with FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping
If your order is $125 or over and being shipped to Mexico or Singapore, you may qualify for FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping. With AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping, your order will be delivered 9-14 business days after all of your items are available to ship, including pre-order items.

To place an order:

1. Add at least US$125 of eligible AmazonGlobal Saver products to your Shopping Cart.
    Note: Items must be eligible for the AmazonGlobal Program and sold by Amazon.com.

2. Proceed to checkout.
  3. Ship your items to a single address in Mexico or Singapore.
  4. Select Group my items into as few shipments as possible as your shipping preference.
  5. Select AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping as your shipping speed.
  6. Types of Credit and Debit Cards That Can Be Used
Note: AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping may be used with a promotion code. The qualifying amount is the total amount of the products purchased before the promotion code is applied.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201214770

Order with FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping
If your order is $125 or over and being shipped to Mexico or Singapore, you may qualify for FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping. With AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping, your order will be delivered 9-14 business days after all of your items are available to ship, including pre-order items.

To place an order:

1. Add at least US$125 of eligible AmazonGlobal Saver products to your Shopping Cart.
    Note: Items must be eligible for the AmazonGlobal Program and sold by Amazon.com.

2. Proceed to checkout.
  3. Ship your items to a single address in Mexico or Singapore.
  4. Select Group my items into as few shipments as possible as your shipping preference.
  5. Select AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping as your shipping speed.
  6. Types of Credit and Debit Cards That Can Be Used
Note: AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping may be used with a promotion code. The qualifying amount is the total amount of the products purchased before the promotion code is applied.

yea I saw this and was so happy but end up none of my items qualify. some more I still ask the customer service agent for individual breakdown of shopping for my items but none of them qualify! disappointed..

Back