(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

I gave in to pacifier but does it affect the bb feed? cos after giving her pacifier for the first time she drank only 60ml, 40 ml less than usual.

might be due to tired of suckle??

I gave in to pacifier but does it affect the bb feed? cos after giving her pacifier for the first time she drank only 60ml, 40 ml less than usual.

might be due to tired of suckle??

I don't have issue w my bb suck pacifier then drink milk from bottle. She still takes 125ml every 3hrs in the day everytime without fail.

These few days abt 2hrs interval she'll fuss for milk, she suck real tight on paci (only suck when near feed = slighly hungry) (and near sleep time = comfort) I'll try to drag to 3hrs interv then give.

There's once I gave milk when her mouth starts to search for food. But she can only finish 80ml.

her waking hour at almost everyday 3am... is making me crazy... :( everyday try different pattern to make her sleep. Today is swaddle and pacifier. I hope tis will permanently work. In the day, she knock out no matter how hard u wake her she can sleep so soundly. Even in noisy restaurant. Some days, I tried waking her up in the noon but she gave the irritated loud cry! so I stopped disturbing her sleep hour.

Their pattern will keep changing. Last week my bb almost everyday not sleeping in the day for 6-7hours but these 2 days she sleep through almost whole day and night, wake up play awhile drink milk then cry want to sleep then sleep till next feed. I think will only stabilise ard 4months old ba..

My elder gal didn't wake up for night feed since 2mo but after only last till 5mo. Now she's 25mo still wake for milk in midnight.

Their pattern will keep changing. Last week my bb almost everyday not sleeping in the day for 6-7hours but these 2 days she sleep through almost whole day and night, wake up play awhile drink milk then cry want to sleep then sleep till next feed. I think will only stabilise ard 4months old ba..

My elder gal didn't wake up for night feed since 2mo but after only last till 5mo. Now she's 25mo still wake for milk in midnight.
think as a mother we can't avoid that ... but I'm pretty scare once I return to work

think as a mother we can't avoid that ... but I'm pretty scare once I return to work

Yaa, exactly. Sometimes I asked myself "Why I make my life so difficult with 3kids, why I didn't stay childless and just travel anywhere I like" But the joy the happiness that my kids bring is priceless and definitely worth my sacrifices :)...but sometimes their antics drive me up the wall!! Still, I pull through so I believe we mothers can do more than our limit. Maybe more grey hair from stress and panda eyes from restless nights :(

Yaa, exactly. Sometimes I asked myself "Why I make my life so difficult with 3kids, why I didn't stay childless and just travel anywhere I like" But the joy the happiness that my kids bring is priceless and definitely worth my sacrifices :)...but sometimes their antics drive me up the wall!! Still, I pull through so I believe we mothers can do more than our limit. Maybe more grey hair from stress and panda eyes from restless nights :(

Exactly Agaga..

Missed the freedom but yet love them.

@littlefish

I m also scared how things will be like after I return to work. Ironically , during my no1, I was actually happy and looking forward to work.

With this , I m afraid I can't cope with two plus my work. But as Agaga mentioned , we mums can do exceeding our limits.

Any mummies sending baby to infant care center? Would like to get some opinion. I'm abit worried.

I m not sending my baby to IFC but from my friends experience , the feedback is v positive. For sure , babies in IFC adapts well to schedule and lesser stranger anxiety. Food wise,it's actually better than nanny care cos u know what they feed thr the menu.

I m not sending my baby to IFC but from my friends experience , the feedback is v positive. For sure , babies in IFC adapts well to schedule and lesser stranger anxiety. Food wise,it's actually better than nanny care cos u know what they feed thr the menu.
Icic. Thanks for the feedback as i will be back.to work jan 2. By then baby only 4 mths. Not sure I'm able to cope once i get back to work. Now I'm not working and taking care of my baby alone i already felt very tired.

Any mummies sending baby to infant care center? Would like to get some opinion. I'm abit worried.
@TiongCL,
But if sending to infant care, the possibility of HFMD is high as the babies share toys and sleep very nearby each other....besides that, if baby is sick, you need to take leave and jaga at home, also need on time fetch the baby else infant care penalty...if u send to bb sitter, it's 1-to-1, low possibility of getting sick, and bb sitter can take care if baby sick, u no need take leave......or sometimes if u have meeting at work or late dinner, bb sitter can tolerate late fetch baby without penalty....impt is to find a very good bb sitter la...:)

Littlebeemama I have pm u my email addy. Please add me to the chat group. Tks.

Tiongcl, impt to find a good IFC imo. I have pretty bad experience myself. Bb always come back with diaper rash and half fed. But of cos there are good feedback which I have heard. Good luck.

Littlebeemama I have pm u my email addy. Please add me to the chat group. Tks.

Tiongcl, impt to find a good IFC imo. I have pretty bad experience myself. Bb always come back with diaper rash and half fed. But of cos there are good feedback which I have heard. Good luck.
Wah so bad. Most infant care center long waiting list. At the end u withdraw?

Dear All
Sorry, a bit late to join you all. My son born at 16 Oct 2014. Just have his one month celebration last Sunday.

My baby wakes up every two or three hours in the night. How to prolong his sleep?

Btw, can I ask how you all clean bb nose(inside).

Dear All
Sorry, a bit late to join you all. My son born at 16 Oct 2014. Just have his one month celebration last Sunday.

My baby wakes up every two or three hours in the night. How to prolong his sleep?

Btw, can I ask how you all clean bb nose(inside).

Usually I don't really clean bb nostrils as they will sneeze out themselves but sometimes if it's watery or sticky then I'll use a damp cotton bud to clear.

Do you breastfeed or fomular feed?

Hi littlebeemama, have you added me yet? i pm you already but dont see any group chat leh.
maybe i dont noe how to use Fb. :( please advise thanks.

@TiongCL, no lah.. how to stop working in SG. i find alternative caregiver lor.

BTW mommies, my bb keep wanting to be carry.. put him down.. cry. how ah? i can't be carrying him cos need to do hsework leh.
Any solution? thanks.

Dear mummies, anyone can recommend good body suit to tone n firm?
I also heard of ginger cream to apply before wrap, anyone knows?
And can I express milk if I use the ginger cream?

@leocub , @blurblur_mtb , my girl always want carry also, so I carry lor. Cos I don't want bb cry too long stomach get in wind. Recently she don't really cry that frequent for carry anymore, she's more independent now at 62 days old. So I believe bb need assurance and once bb trust the caregiver/s who will response to their needs, they feel more at ease hence less crying for comfort.

Always carry rock pat to sleep at night but these few days she fall asleep by herself on the bed after we got her changed into pajamas.

Last edited:
Dear mummies, please kindly send me a private message if you wanna join the fb group.

Click on my profile -> start a conversation -> provide me with your email and fb name.

For most cases, I'm unable to find your profile because of your privacy setting (I have to change my setting in order for all of you to be able to add me), if this is the case, then I'll reply you with my email for you to add me.

Thank you

Dear mummies, please kindly send me a private message if you wanna join the fb group.

Click on my profile -> start a conversation -> provide me with your email and fb name.

For most cases, I'm unable to find your profile because of your privacy setting (I have to change my setting in order for all of you to be able to add me), if this is the case, then I'll reply you with my email for you to add me.

Thank you
Done. Thanks!

Ya so wondering mothers out there got any advice coz infant care full & I heard babies fall sick very easily
Hello I'm fr Nov thread...am going the helper route too. I did explore infant care and caring off a nanny during my confinement month. But in the end I turned down both available spots cos I actually trusted my Filipino helper the most...I observed her and realised she really has a heart for my baby and the skills (she bathes baby better than I do), so I'm happy to leave baby in her care when I go back to work in Feb :)

Back