IVF/ICSI Support Group

Actually how much of the progesterone inserts are absorbed into our bodies, given that there seems to be quite a lot of leakage?

Just lie down for half an hour after you insert it and it should be fine. Most of the progesterone should have been absorbed and what leaks out is an oily residue from the skin of the pessary. At least that's what I remember from the KKH nurse.

My tummy feels super bloated. Today is 9 days after ET. Isit possible to delevope OHSS after so many days?
In theory yes, keep monitoring pee & breathing but increased progesterone will also cause it. Try some mild ginger tea and see if any relieve? Or wait for good news in a few days? :p

Thanks! I thought its just weight gain. But weight gain will not cause my tummy to feel heavy mah. Yeah.. hope for good news next week :)

Just lie down for half an hour after you insert it and it should be fine. Most of the progesterone should have been absorbed and what leaks out is an oily residue from the skin of the pessary. At least that's what I remember from the KKH nurse.

At night i can lie down for as long as i want, but it is always a rush in the morning. I only lie down for 15 mins in the morning before getting ready for work. Probably thats why i get more discharge in the day than after a night's sleep.

At night i can lie down for as long as i want, but it is always a rush in the morning. I only lie down for 15 mins in the morning before getting ready for work. Probably thats why i get more discharge in the day than after a night's sleep.

You're not claiming your hospitalisation leave from work? That's where I feel the HL is essential - to give us the time and space to insert the pessaries in the comfort of home and to give them the best chance of being absorbed. If you're worried about it, you may have to get up 15 min earlier in the morning to do the insert and then lie down for 30 min before getting ready for work.

I thought so too. It does say it can be taken orally. Hope you feel better. Try inserting it if you can't stand the giddy spells. Wash hands really well if you do and pee after inserting. My gynae says imcidences of uti is higher with utrogestan compared to crinone- another kind of progesterone..

Usually the giddy spells come after 1-3 hours after taking it and it will last for half hour. But today the giddy spells is making me super giddy.

You're not claiming your hospitalisation leave from work? That's where I feel the HL is essential - to give us the time and space to insert the pessaries in the comfort of home and to give them the best chance of being absorbed. If you're worried about it, you may have to get up 15 min earlier in the morning to do the insert and then lie down for 30 min before getting ready for work.

I am scheduled for et tomorrow but they have started me on the pressaries last week. I will definitely ask for hl to cover me to be away from work for as long as i can.

Usually the giddy spells come after 1-3 hours after taking it and it will last for half hour. But today the giddy spells is making me super giddy.

I felt the same too when i did my iui last time. Super giddy, can't even stand down.. Can only put my head down and hope it goes away soon.

Does everyone here go to TCM? What does the TCM doctor do? When did you start visiting TCM?

I go to see TSB in Chinatown. I drank her herbs at the same time that I went for IVF, and after I BFP-ed, she switched to "an tai yao" for me. Still drinking her "an tai yao". Before that, when I first started fertility treatments in Sydney, I saw a TCM doctor from Beijing Tong Ren Tang in Sydney; she complained I wasn't ready for IUI/IVF, but TSB proved her wrong. Most TCM doctors prescribe herbs for you to boil to drink, or powder to mix with water to drink, or pills. Some will also do acupuncture.

I am kan cheong spider. Hahahaha.... I have not started anything yet. I was thinking if I should go TCM and eat all kind of tonic first or no. :D

I am kan cheong spider. Hahahaha.... I have not started anything yet. I was thinking if I should go TCM and eat all kind of tonic first or no. :D

TCM like all other supplements will need at least 3 mths to take effect. So start early if you have yet to start your cycle. And continue trying naturally in the interim.. For all u know u may not need to do IVF after all!!

TCM like all other supplements will need at least 3 mths to take effect. So start early if you have yet to start your cycle. And continue trying naturally in the interim.. For all u know u may not need to do IVF after all!!
not all angmo dr encourage us to take tcm. for my case, i was told not to take tcm or bak ku teh 1 mth before start procedure

not all angmo dr encourage us to take tcm. for my case, i was told not to take tcm or bak ku teh 1 mth before start procedure

Like what @hopeful78 said, the earlier you start, the better as it takes time to "tiao" your body. It takes a lot of patience and commitment as the herbs are not nice to drink. When I was doing IVF, I was naughty as I did not tell the IVF doctors that I was taking TCM at the same time. I knew they would advise me not to take TCM while on IVF, but I was desperate and afraid of failure. I had to trust the TCM doctor to do what was best for me.

Archie, what is TSB Chinatown address? I may visit there since my workplace is very near Chinatown.

Here you go, @paperclip:

Health & Beauty Pte Ltd (康得美)
No. 38 upper cross st,
Singapore 058341
Tel: 65344131 (By appointment)

When calling the first time to make an appointment, make sure you say you want to see 陈秋梅 医师.

Yup.. I think it differs amongst the IVF docs. Mine told me that if it makes me feel better taking it then go ahead. Hahaha..

Actually for BKT even if bfp le also can't eat ( unless it's those peppery ones)

Just droppingby n see some ladies asking whether can see tcm n take their herbs during ivf. I have been w tsb for the past 2 years, took her herbs during stimulation n aso during 2ww. Once I bfp, she switch to an tai yao. I took the an tai yao till wk37 & delivered my bb gal 15 nov.
I m grateful to tsb been patience with me all these while, she nvr stress me into taking bbt n etc. Always ask me relax n encourage me.
Told me see her after my confinement if I want to tiao my body.

When i start fet programme, my tcm didnt want yo give me medicine and he only do accu for me. He said he will only give me herbs if he feel my body need a boost. After transfer i stopped accu as well and after i bfp, prof didnt allow me to take herbs, not even vit c, d or e. I am in full support of progynova, ultrogestan, duphaston and injection twice a week. I guess, he doesnt want to overwhelm my body specially my kidney to digest all medication.

But it is really really depend on your choice and which one you are comfortable with.

Back