(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Any of the mummies here feel hot sweaty and sticky all day and night during confinement even after showering? I've been perspiring alot everyday, not sure if it's due to breastfeeding or what, but I just perspire and feel hot all the time even while sleeping! Is this normal?

Bb still learning, we mummies learning too.
Dun give up bf totally, u can feed bb with formula alternately.
I do it too, formula and EBM.

My bb also dun latch properly... my nipples pain like mad... so i change to pumping out now... but still trying to latch her at times.. cos my gal will keep looking for nipples whenever she is hungry n her mouth will open very wide...

Which is a good thing... her only problem is the sucking part.... but pumping out very troublesome.. alone looking after bb... no time to pump... n my milk dun increase much after taking doc medi... the increment just stopped at 70ml...

Going to start working soon...wont have time to even pump alrdy... :(

Any of the mummies here feel hot sweaty and sticky all day and night during confinement even after showering? I've been perspiring alot everyday, not sure if it's due to breastfeeding or what, but I just perspire and feel hot all the time even while sleeping! Is this normal?

Its normal eh..bf-ing.. u will burn 500more calories... n plus eat heaty food..sure keep sweating but its a good thing! Help u detox... pass out all the water... even till now.. im alrdy 1 month pp... but i still sweat like mad when i slp..

Its normal eh..bf-ing.. u will burn 500more calories... n plus eat heaty food..sure keep sweating but its a good thing! Help u detox... pass out all the water... even till now.. im alrdy 1 month pp... but i still sweat like mad when i slp..
Oh ok so it's normal. I wonder can I stop feeling hot! During preg esp third tri I felt so hot, now post-preg feel even hotter! I hate sweating while sleeping, so uncomfy and makes me feel smelly. I can feel my perspiration on my scalp and I always cannot wait to shower.

My bb also dun latch properly... my nipples pain like mad... so i change to pumping out now... but still trying to latch her at times.. cos my gal will keep looking for nipples whenever she is hungry n her mouth will open very wide...

Which is a good thing... her only problem is the sucking part.... but pumping out very troublesome.. alone looking after bb... no time to pump... n my milk dun increase much after taking doc medi... the increment just stopped at 70ml...

Going to start working soon...wont have time to even pump alrdy... :(
Did u all see an LC to teach baby how to latch? Might be useful. My fridbd's baby didn't know how to latch properly so LC gave him 'lessons'. Haha.

Not every mummy can bf 100% successfully and up to 6 months.
But at least we try.. and try... even 50% bf, I still feel satisfied. Coz Later after maternity leave, need to work.. that time bo pian need to stop bf.
So mummies dun give up bf...
Relaxs and dun stress yourself too much.

Yes agree. It's never easy to bf. Now I understand how hard it is... deprive of sleep. Having to pump n latch bb also. Trying to build supply so that LO got enough bf when I return to work at 4 mths. Not sure how long I can last jus tahan thru. Jiayou all the mommies!!

I went polyclinic today. Doc discouraged me to stop bf. Then she told mi pharmacy dun hav the medi...must prescribe n buy outside. Haiz...told me to stop naturally instead of medi.

I went polyclinic today. Doc discouraged me to stop bf. Then she told mi pharmacy dun hav the medi...must prescribe n buy outside. Haiz...told me to stop naturally instead of medi.

Hi it will get better when u get used to baby timing about the tiredness. I was very overwhelmed by the exhaustion and being a first time mother.. my LO 5 weeks now. I cannot handle the tiredness during the first month. N facing alot of stress from confinement lady n raging hormones make me depression n worry alot about supply. Try to persevere n give bb whatever bm u got.

Hello mommies! Anyone doing confinement now and giving up breast feeding? I'm exclusively pumping. But I have been dragging my time from 3 hrs pump to 5 - 6hrs pump. And now I only get 60 - 90 ml each pump. Feel so exhausted and feel like giving up.

I m doing confinement now. My bb is 12 days.
Each time pump only got 60ml only, sometimes I drag till 5-6 hours pump, only got 80ml too.
Never think of giving up bf, keep optimists.

Thanks for all mummies advices and wishes...

I did google check... something called ECV but still not a 100% risk free.. must do this at hospital too coz it might end up emergency C-sect..
so sad ... can't sleep well... keep thinking of this... :(

Hubby still very optimist said.. bb's head will turn...
actually i read from bb centre .. if by week 37, there is no room for baby to turn head liao..
so now i only have 1 week plus nia..

my gynae will see me on next week.. hopefully miracle will happen... pray so hard..

My bb turned is 38th week. I don't know if it helped but I followed all my friends' and colleagues' advice, ie to sayang the baby (rub the stomach), talk to the bb and tell the bb to turn. I did all that. Went to Gynae on a Friday and bb was in breech position, then I talk and cajoled bb and by Sunday I was in labour and bb had turned and was in an engaged position! So, talk and tell your bb what you want the bb to do!

Same as meplaa. My each pump totalling both sides is only 60-70ml. Need to be diligent and pump regularly. Ss will come in...

Hello mommies! Anyone doing confinement now and giving up breast feeding? I'm exclusively pumping. But I have been dragging my time from 3 hrs pump to 5 - 6hrs pump. And now I only get 60 - 90 ml each pump. Feel so exhausted and feel like giving up.

Hi jcyc...I know how u feel. First 2 weeks I only pumped 40ml every 2 hrs. That time my husband's aunty came to visit n my helper brought my pumped milk out to put in the fridge...she exclaimed 'wah so little!'. I could hear it behind the door. I was so mad. I went out to tell her the baby's stomach only size of a walnut n thr volume is sufficient. Damn pissed off n feel so violated cos she said it in my home. I started desperately researching ways to increase supply after tt...mainly 3 ways...i pumped every 2hrs even at night for 3 nights, bought this herbal pill called 'mother's love' to increase supply (contains fenugreek, blessed thistle, etc), and I force myself to drink 3 x 250ml warm water after every pump (still do). My friend later ask me to Google 'power pumping' - I tried one time but didn't continue cos by then I pump 110-150ml every 3 hrs (3 hrs counting fr end of last pump)...but u can also google n try... don't give up. If u read around many websites say that it is actually rare for mothers not to be able to supply enough breastmilk for their baby. That kept me going. Jia you...

Mummies, don't berate yourselves over milk supply. I was 'diagnosed' by LC for having low milk supply. All my kids had BM supplemented by FM. My first child, I was so depressed and felt so inadequate. I took supplements, soup, liquids, beverages, etc. everything to boost milk supply but still the incremental supply was disappointing. I'm sharing this just to encourage other mummies facing similar problems, you are not alone! It is not always the case where milk supply will meet demand. I did everything, pump, latch, supplements but still it was low. But to make myself feel better, some BM better than none. Don't condemn yourselves! Your mental health is more important for the long term benefit of your children.

Her price - dunno whether got change or not. She brings her own portable massage table. Very pro.

7days $840
10 days $1150
14 days $1950
Each session is 2hrs +binding+ slimming cream+herbs to cleans the womb + transport.

What do you mean by pay full?

I'm not sure how her rates compare with others but I used her coz I had her for first pregnancy and liked and comfortable with her so continued with her lor.

She only collected amount at the end of all the massages. If she thinks no need so many times massage, she will tell you one. Eg no wind already, etc. she won't ketuk one.

Mine only 1week plus....my cl recommend me to intro pacifier also otherwise is gonna be headache for us.

By the way, how to drink the fenugreek powder? Mixed with water or Milo?

Mine only 1week plus....my cl recommend me to intro pacifier also otherwise is gonna be headache for us.

Hi there, you can get the fenugreek in capsules form. By greenlife. My wife takes 2 capsules 3 times a day. Also, needs to be disciplined in pumping milk every 2 to 3 hours to ensure consistent flow of BM. Hope it helps.... :)

Hi there, you can get the fenugreek in capsules form. By greenlife. My wife takes 2 capsules 3 times a day. Also, needs to be disciplined in pumping milk every 2 to 3 hours to ensure consistent flow of BM. Hope it helps.... :)
My cousin bought me the powder form, but not sure how to go about drinking it.

I'm trying to pump as best as I can. Thanks!

Hi Clarence, where can I buy the fenugreek in capsules form?

My bb turned is 38th week. I don't know if it helped but I followed all my friends' and colleagues' advice, ie to sayang the baby (rub the stomach), talk to the bb and tell the bb to turn. I did all that. Went to Gynae on a Friday and bb was in breech position, then I talk and cajoled bb and by Sunday I was in labour and bb had turned and was in an engaged position! So, talk and tell your bb what you want the bb to do!

Thanks for ur reply. I do believe in miracle but just not happened on me this time.
Anyway I have delivered via c sect at week 38 + 2 days.
In fact I have done the above since week 30++
Even before c sect, at hospital check bb still in breeching position.

QuOTE="Miko Yue, post: 7634793, member: 171730"]Hi Clarence, where can I buy the fenugreek in capsules form?[/QUOTe

Gnc also have.

Mine's liquid in tablet, fr RH pharmacy

Attachments

• 1417173854622.jpg
    1417173854622.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 226

Hi, Sweaty during confinement is good.... you are losing the excess water gained during your pregnancy... the water lost thru your sweat contribute to your weight loss... I will be finishing my confinement next tuesday. I have lost 12kg from my pregnancy weight cos i EBM too... This last week, i perspired so much lesser than i did in the 1st 2 weeks...

Hi, i also exclusively pumping now and had did this for almost a mth. Don't give up cos breastmilk is really good for ya baby... Do you have a confinement lady now? Express your breastmilk and store your EBM in the fridge, let your CL do the morning feed so you can rest well during the night. If you don't pump or breastfeed every 3 hrs or 8 times daily, your milk supply will not stabilize and drop... If your EBM can't meet your LO's demand now, its okay to feed some formula...

For my case, my LO don't like to latch cos i have inverted nipples so decided to go fully on EBM every 3hrs....(those mommies that have well developed nipples, PLEASE don't give up breastfeeding... get a lactation consultant & you will be BFing w/o much problems that we will be facing... Maybe you all can join Breastfeeding Mums facebook group to learn )During night time, i will sleep 8hrs straight w/o pumping cos want to rest properly for this confinement month before my CL leave (which is next tuesday, OMG...) Then I'll see how me and my hubby can cope next mth onwards....

After my 8hrs slp, the 1st thing i do when i wake up is to double pump for 20 - 30mins and I will get 200ml or more... The rest of the time, every 3 hrs, i will get 120ml averagely (left boob abt 40ml, right about 80ml)... After this confinement mth, i will start to take fenugreek (bought cheap in Qoo10) to increase my milk supply. Now i am only able to produce what my LO will drink daily.

Reactions: Xp
Hi, Sweaty during confinement is good.... you are losing the excess water gained during your pregnancy... the water lost thru your sweat contribute to your weight loss... I will be finishing my confinement next tuesday. I have lost 12kg from my pregnancy weight cos i EBM too... This last week, i perspired so much lesser than i did in the 1st 2 weeks...
I'm still sweating a lot everyday and night, and I'm ending my confinement a day after u!

Hi, i also exclusively pumping now and had did this for almost a mth. Don't give up cos breastmilk is really good for ya baby... Do you have a confinement lady now? Express your breastmilk and store your EBM in the fridge, let your CL do the morning feed so you can rest well during the night. If you don't pump or breastfeed every 3 hrs or 8 times daily, your milk supply will not stabilize and drop... If your EBM can't meet your LO's demand now, its okay to feed some formula...

For my case, my LO don't like to latch cos i have inverted nipples so decided to go fully on EBM every 3hrs....(those mommies that have well developed nipples, PLEASE don't give up breastfeeding... get a lactation consultant & you will be BFing w/o much problems that we will be facing... Maybe you all can join Breastfeeding Mums facebook group to learn )During night time, i will sleep 8hrs straight w/o pumping cos want to rest properly for this confinement month before my CL leave (which is next tuesday, OMG...) Then I'll see how me and my hubby can cope next mth onwards....

After my 8hrs slp, the 1st thing i do when i wake up is to double pump for 20 - 30mins and I will get 200ml or more... The rest of the time, every 3 hrs, i will get 120ml averagely (left boob abt 40ml, right about 80ml)... After this confinement mth, i will start to take fenugreek (bought cheap in Qoo10) to increase my milk supply. Now i am only able to produce what my LO will drink daily.

Its good tat u are producing enough milk.. even if i slp wake up full 8hrs.. my max also 70ml only... if power pump every 3hrs.. i only get 30ml... i stored 6 full glass bottle of milk alrdy and intend to stop... now looking after my gal myself totally no time to pump... by afternoon im alrdy dead tired n slp as long as she sleeps...

Feeling gulity to put a stop to breast feeding at 2nd month.. but got no much choice.. my gal latch ok.. but she suck very hard n pain.. i always get sore nipples after tat.. so only can pump out...

Didnt wan to give up bf... but its no longer within my reach... im so dead tired everytime i pump n i get so little even after my gynae gave me medi to increase milk... increase to one extent n it totally stopped...

Going back to gynae review 2weeks later... will get medicine to stop milk flow alrdy

5th day post delivery and having engorgement. Hand express is so painful is it normal? So tired that I feel like giving up breastfeeding.

Back