(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

Me too, Mandy! I just feel very xian in general. No mood to work or do anything, even my favorite pastime- online shopping!

I'm hardly ever like that, but when I come to work I just feel super blue and xian and don't feel like doing any work at all.. then the work will pile up..

anyone plan to have some pre-natal exercise like swimming or yoga etc?
I tink I really need some form of exercise..
ydae had 2 naps n I felt so tired even after e naps that's y I feel that gg to work is better in a way...

during my #1 time I sign up a aqua exercise class at YMCA

anyone plan to have some pre-natal exercise like swimming or yoga etc?
I tink I really need some form of exercise..
ydae had 2 naps n I felt so tired even after e naps that's y I feel that gg to work is better in a way...

during my #1 time I sign up a aqua exercise class at YMCA
I swam alot during first pregnancy and I think it kinda helped with my delivery... I went wo epidural.

After giving birth I took up yoga and practiced regularly. Will plan on continuing yoga and swimming after 1st trim

I learn swimming about 1 yr before having no1 and maybe it does helped with labour. Mine was pretty fast. Now I just feel not same as b4. Maybe rusty bone le.
For confinement, I will still engage. Cos aft the delivery, super shag. And the newborn bb crying is abit persistent from past case. Do not want to stress myself up. I was zzz with no1 and confinement lady last time and it was really hell. So I think if really want rest. Need to see open. Just let people tk care.

I went for 10 days without CL for my #1 and we (me & hb) really couldn't take it anymore. Other than short bouts of resting, #1 was pretty much crying and latching all the time. I still remember begging my hb to just take #1 for 10 mins so I can catch a nap! So even though CL wasn't great, there was a great difference after she came.

Food is starting to lose taste for me... Sad... Don't eat feel terrible, eat already feel super bloated after only a few mouthful

Hi all.. Im already vomiting 2 to 3x a day. This is after trying my best to keep food n water in. =(
Ouch I feel you.

Ytd was the first time I vomit. . But have to say felt so much better after that. When is ur next dr visit? Maybe ask if there's anything that can help?

Nick | Week | EDD | # of Children
\ csy1 | 7 | 8-Jul | 1
\ erlisa | 5 | 23-Jul | 1

Pls provide the details if you'd like yours to be on the table too....

Nick | Week | EDD | # of child born
\ csy1 | 7 | 8-Jul | 1
\ shan8080 | 7 | 11-Jul | 2
\ erlisa | 5 | 23-Jul | 1

Please let me know if you'd like yours to be put up in the table.

Note: # of child born is how many children you have currently, not including current bb in tummy :)

Hi ladies. Can I check, if u take the new obimin, no need to take folic acid and calcium extra separately right?

Mommasg50
Edd: 26 Jul

Hey just a suggestion, since this thread is abt the current pregnancy so better to state the order of birth of current pregnancy. Then no need how many weeks now Bec every week will change. So will be outdated.
Maybe can add gender of baby and then gynae. If u wish, generic area of residence. Like central, West east or south.- easy for possible meet ups

I went to bed last night at around 1030pm after eating a char siew pau. Woke up shortly after (think was 11pm) feeling hungry, n all I could think of was fishball noodles *slurp*. I told my hb about it.. all he said was "Ok, let's go eat it tmr", then went back to slp :( End up I tossed n turned till 230, feeling hungry. Thought a packet of milk could solve all the problems, end up didnt. Got out of bed at 3am to cook a packet of noodles (sigh.. super duper unhealthy maggi mee). Only managed to sleep at around 330. So today i'm zombified.

I told my hb, next time he better get out of bed to go help me buy.. else I wouldn't be able to sleep!

@sasa_xie few night ago, i also tempted to wake my hubby up to buy muah chee for me...

this baby also junk food baby leh......every few days i keep eating fillet-o-fish...and i refuse to share with my hubby.
THan i suddenly love to eat salted egg

Hi ladies. Can I check, if u take the new obimin, no need to take folic acid and calcium extra separately right?

Mommasg50

Hey just a suggestion, since this thread is abt the current pregnancy so better to state the order of birth of current pregnancy. Then no need how many weeks now Bec every week will change. So will be outdated.
Maybe can add gender of baby and then gynae. If u wish, generic area of residence. Like central, West east or south.- easy for possible meet ups
Still need to take folic and calcium separately... I'm taking obimin too as multi v. As per gynae

@csy1 wow, your muah chee even more difficult to find as compared to my fishball noodles ;)

fillet-o-fish still ok leh. u know my #2, it wasn't so much of a craving but somehow dunno why we ended up eating Mcd every week, n i always end up eating McSpicy!!! Turned out my #2 was 'ah pui' at birth.. n somehow very temperamental. My hb attributes these to the McSpicy! So this pregnancy, he forbids me from eating McSpicy hahahahah

Mommasg50

I only take Obimin for now. that's what my gynae recommended for #1

Nick | EDD | Order of birth | Gender | Gynae | Residence
\ csy1 | 8-Jul | 2 |
|
|
\ shan8080 | 11-Jul | 2 |
|
|
\ sasa_xie | 14-Jul | 3 |
|
|
\ erlisa | 23-Jul | 2 |
| Dr Watt Wing Fong | North
\ mommasg50 | 26-Jul |
|
|
|

Can someone help me to enter the table pls? Coz I'm using hp so cannot see it.
yallo | 19 Jul | 2 | unknown | Dr Kenneth Lee | East (Tanah Merah)
Oh do you all wanna add in the hospital we will be delivering at too? It'll be fun to know who might be in the ward at the same time as you ha. I'll be at Mt A

I straddle between july and august. I put in 5day embryos on 11/11 so counting back to the date of conception, it shd be 5 days before. Therefore, according to my calculations, mine shd be 30 july. But I won't know for sure till the dating scan. I would love to join the list, but right now, I don't know. :(

Thanks erlisa.

Is it easier for us to use an excel sheet after everyone is on the fb group? just a suggestion.. whatever works for everyone I'm happy :)

I straddle between july and august. I put in 5day embryos on 11/11 so counting back to the date of conception, it shd be 5 days before. Therefore, according to my calculations, mine shd be 30 july. But I won't know for sure till the dating scan. I would love to join the list, but right now, I don't know. :(
No worries .. i oso dunno yet. my EDD is based on last menses date. now i just estimate. hahahaha ...

Nick | EDD | Order of birth | Gender | Gynae | Hospital | Residence
\ csy1 | 8-Jul | 2 |
|
|
|
\ shan8080 | 11-Jul | 2 |
|
|
|
\ sasa_xie | 14-Jul | 3 |
| Dr LC Cheng | TMC |
\ yallo | 19-Jul | 2 |
| Dr Kenneth Lee | Mt A | East (Tanah Merah)
\ erlisa | 23-Jul | 2 |
| Dr Watt Wing Fong |
| North (Woodlands)
\ mommasg50 | 26-Jul |
|
|
|
|
\ chuckles | 30-Jul |
|
|
|
|

Hello ladies,

For those of you who can stomach some food, are you conscientiously avoiding any food in particular? My gynae is the very chillax type, says can eat everything, no need to avoid.

When I was expecting #1, I actually avoided a lot of food on my own from reading up on the internet.. things like raw food, raw veg (salads!), certain cheeses, certain fish like stingray, mayonaise etc. I find it very xinku to avoid such food cos most of the food I would like to eat now contain mayo (ie. junk food like burgers) and raw veg...

@appleseed i just told my gynae that i'm into salted fish and belacan since last weekend. i seem to be not able to have appetite for anything until i discovered them last weekend... i don't mind having them every single day!!! so i have been having them almost every dinner.. and when i told her, she said to avoid if possible lah, coz not healthy.... and i realised that that made my BP quite unusually high, and that made me stop....

Other than that, i have been told to avoid pineapple and papaya from old wives' tale, that it is harmful for baby.... in medical terms, raw stuffs should avoid totally, esp some shellfish....

Appleseed, my gynae is like yours. Everything can eat in moderation. But i kia si, i dont eat salad, stingray n non cooked stuff. My hubby said i can eat anything since gynae say so.

wow erlisa! Your babe is very happening le, salted fish and belacan! Lol, exotic!

yah, it's the 'i-feel-like-eating-x-and-nothing-else-will-do' type of thing... so this time I wasn't as disciplined as the previous time round and am feeling quite guilty...

Appleseed, my gynae is like yours. Everything can eat in moderation. But i kia si, i dont eat salad, stingray n non cooked stuff. My hubby said i can eat anything since gynae say so.

Sob.. I can resist some but at the moment, mayo and raw veg is causing my downfall..

Im using hp, cant update the table. Can someone help please? Thanks
Edd 10/7
Dr Wong Mun Tat
West (Jurong)
TMC

Last edited:
Appleseed i think mayo can be taken if it is pasteurised or commercially made. My friend ate fillet old fish for supper daily till she gave birth. She asked her gynae, her gynae said can eat but avoid homemade mayo.

Ha my gynae is also very chill, say everything also can eat, as long as well cooked. Then for things that cannot be cooked (eg salad, sashimi, fruits) just make sure clean then it's OK. Even tea coffee he also ok, as long as in moderation like one two cups a day he's fine with it. But I'm still kiasi lah, don't dare to eat sashimi although very very gian haha

If wann eat sashimi, you can go to those reputable sushi place and specifically tell the chef you need it fresh because you atr pregnant. They usually will take fresh ones from the fridge for you. I did eat some sashimi while preggy previously. Even had a few oysters, *touchwood all is fine.
I also had salad quite regularly. The only thing i die die avoid is soft boil eggs. Coffee, tea and coke i limit to 2 cups a day. No issues so far.

I don't know if every pregnancy can be so different. #1 i didn't had cravings, no hunger no MS. I could just eat as per normal and even have salad for lunches. I never believe in eating for 2 while preggy and my wt gain was a nice 9kg at labour. But this one, i keep feeling nausea if my stomach is empty and i realise i need to eat constantly thru out the day. I'm so scared to exceed the 10kg target i set for myself.

Keke.. Glad to know I'm not the only delinquent one.. I suddently felt like having fillet o fish last weekend and felt so bad that I'm taking mayo.. Feel quite a lot better now to know people share the 'so long as non-homemade mayo' idea! :)

I was a caffeine junkie pre-preg, like 3-4 cups of coffee a day and 2-3 cans of coke a week type.. Managed to go cold turkey on the coffee but still indulging in a bit of tea and coke.. And I do miss the ya kun soft boiled eggs! I agree that's quite a no-no..

The sacrifices we make for the bubs! Jia you mommies!

I put on 18kg for #1 but managed to lose them all in 2 months after delivery.. All credit to breast-feeding!

But after I stopped bf-ding, I put on a lot of weight.. :(

Ash_mum my goodness only 9kg?!?! So envious I easily put on 20kg loh and some of it still remaining sigh. Totally agree that bfing can help to lose weight. After I stopped all the weight started coming back ha

Back