(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

My DH got stable income to support family on his own (unless we have like 5 kids or something, lol) without my share but he's getting so busy with OT I'm scared he won't have much time to play with LO or family bonding time. Everyday he comes home and even on weekends he must work on his work laptop. So sad that we can't strike a good work-life balance. Before I got preggers, I used to think I would happily give up the job to be a SAHM to devote myself to the child. Now that LO is coming, I'm suddenly afraid that I will go insane if I stay home all day with a LO who can't communicate with me at adult level, and that I need the mental stimulation of a job. But then maybe when LO really comes, I'll can't bear to leave him to the care of others; one of my colleagues resigned soon after her ML precisely for this reason!
Find a part time job and put LO at childcare or parents/parents in law's place for a few hours each day loh..

i am the kind that hate to change environment so i will continue to work til i get the next long service award wahhahahaha

Haha hi 5! Me 10 years next year! N I don't plan to leave till I get beanie #2. Thinking back, this company really got the best of my youth.

@Archie7 @cuteowl - i called goodwood - the Xmas Afternoon Tea at coffee lounge (Goodwood Park) starts from 3 to 5), there's no WIFI at the coffee lounge.

OIC. Thanks for calling Goodwood Park. So looks like all weekday high teas at hotel is about 3 to 5pm, there's nowhere that can stretch from 1pm. We can try a cafe as suggested by @PTB7674.

For mummies who cannot sleep, I'm sitting at KK now n the TV is showing food to eat/avoid before sleep, n one of the recommendations for good sleep is cherries, which is a natural source of melatonin which promotes restful sleep. Best to eat 1 hour before sleep. Bad food incl coffee, dark chocolate, soft drinks, spicy curry, wine.

why like that ... that is not CNY ..why got slot one

agreed cannot sleep one lolz ... even though drowsy will still wake up .. BB stay with you in room ??

maybe bah ... my bb head already down since last 2 visit ... but not engaged ... both my kids all head down early

i tink sit too long..the area become stiff so can feel discomfortable when get up ..and i hate most when i accompany my boy to bed.. hard to get out of his bed ...

guess u need to check with gynae

i tot big 4 generous with increment but not bonus

you dun scare yourself ..your hubby going away remember ?? u do know what engaged means hor ..

funny i only get backache during early 2nd trim..thereafter hor macam like my back is cater to handle the weight :X no excuse to go massage sob sob
generous with increment provided u get promoted to the next level. in big 4, u have associates (sub divided to 1st yr and 2nd yr), snr associates (also subdivided to 1st and 2nd yr snr assoc), assistant mgr , mgr and so on. jump is big only if u move from say, assoc to snr assoc, or snr assoc to assistant mgr

Haha hi 5! Me 10 years next year! N I don't plan to leave till I get beanie #2. Thinking back, this company really got the best of my youth.
so fast aiming beanie #2 lolz

OIC. Thanks for calling Goodwood Park. So looks like all weekday high teas at hotel is about 3 to 5pm, there's nowhere that can stretch from 1pm. We can try a cafe as suggested by @PTB7674.
next suggest is pot luck at someone's house lolz ..confirm no one can chase you all away lolz

haha I was in big4 for 3 years.. shag
wah u can survive for 3 years not bad lolz i see my brother like no life when with the big 4 lolz

For mummies who cannot sleep, I'm sitting at KK now n the TV is showing food to eat/avoid before sleep, n one of the recommendations for good sleep is cherries, which is a natural source of melatonin which promotes restful sleep. Best to eat 1 hour before sleep. Bad food incl coffee, dark chocolate, soft drinks, spicy curry, wine.
but it is not cherry season now lolz and cherry before sleep will it affect glucose reading next morning ?

generous with increment provided u get promoted to the next level. in big 4, u have associates (sub divided to 1st yr and 2nd yr), snr associates (also subdivided to 1st and 2nd yr snr assoc), assistant mgr , mgr and so on. jump is big only if u move from say, assoc to snr assoc, or snr assoc to assistant mgr
really lolz no wonder big 4 hard to keep staff lolz

next suggest is pot luck at someone's house lolz ..confirm no one can chase you all away lolz

wah u can survive for 3 years not bad lolz i see my brother like no life when with the big 4 lolz

but it is not cherry season now lolz and cherry before sleep will it affect glucose reading next morning ?

Old already, no time to waste! Lol. Plus not easy for me to get pregnant. So cannot "tu"

Small fly in local listed co. Haha
My increment also not so good lor. My boss likes my col promoted her every year from officer to snr officer to exe this year to snr exe ever since I joined this co 2 year plus ago. Guess next year she also manager liao.
last time when i was in a small CPA firm also lidat one hor.... got one lady my age, iirc got double promo in a yr. hu hu hu hu hu hu. when others are like either held back or sth. indonesian lady whose english is crap. rolls eyes

between say A1 to A2 the jump is 300 bucks ? Snr Assoc 1 to Snr assoc 2 is abt 600 for my firm last time. not sure abt now ...

last time when i was in a small CPA firm also lidat one hor.... got one lady my age, iirc got double promo in a yr. hu hu hu hu hu hu. when others are like either held back or sth. indonesian lady whose english is crap. rolls eyes
,maybe got mountain to lean on lor :p

@Archie7 @cuteowl @amberosw

we can go St Regis where there's WIFI... over a cup of tea... if if we want to nibble then we order the afternoon tea set la from 3pm... I have one mummy not into food... how's that?

Find a part time job and put LO at childcare or parents/parents in law's place for a few hours each day loh..

My ILs are only 5 min from me so can consider. But MIL has cleanliness OCD so I'm afraid the LO cannot meet her clean freak standards, she won't blame the LO coz he got her son's blood but she will blame me if LO has some dirty habits she cannot tahan. Childcare or infant care I heard horror stories from colleague about picking up infectious diseases like HFMD. There's no perfect solution I guess.

My ILs are only 5 min from me so can consider. But MIL has cleanliness OCD so I'm afraid the LO cannot meet her clean freak standards, she won't blame the LO coz he got her son's blood but she will blame me if LO has some dirty habits she cannot tahan. Childcare or infant care I heard horror stories from colleague about picking up infectious diseases like HFMD. There's no perfect solution I guess.
there will never be a prefect solution ... it is give and take lolz
if beanie is with MIL then he will pick up the OCD habit wat :p

good.. jiayu but bear in mind .. C sect or natural also must let our womb rest for X period of time before trying next one

Yes I know. Think my case maybe want to try early also might not be able to, my gf who had grade 2 placenta previa had to have stitches in her uterus to stop the bleeding, she was told to wait at least one year. Mine is a grade 4, which is a lot trickier, so gotta see what happens n what my gynae advise. But ideally I will like to try as soon as it's safe la.

Crap today my pee got traces of sugar. Dammit I knew all the sugary drinks is going to catch up w me one day. Haiz.

No perfect solution... only has one that suit your time table, lifestyle...

@Archie7 @cuteowl @amberosw

we can go St Regis where there's WIFI... over a cup of tea... if if we want to nibble then we order the afternoon tea set la from 3pm... I have one mummy not into food... how's that?

Yay! I'm glad you chose St. Regis! The mummy not into food can order tea/coffee or ala carte snacks. I will certainly go for the high tea set, yum yum! List of attendees:

1. Eliss (ecym) (1A)
2. @Archie7 (1A)
3. @amberosw (1A+2 kids-4,2yo)
4. @charkwn
5. Clarissa (coffee only)
6. Grace (via whatsapp)

Must make sure all the attendees are aware of the venue change. I will inform Grace. @amberosw @charkwn -- Is St. Regis okay with you? @cuteowl @PTB7674 want to join us or not? You can order ala carte if you don't feel like taking the high tea set.

Last edited:
,maybe got mountain to lean on lor :p
haha idk man. anyway.... was not rly happy there either. but what to do , graduated at the wrong time. and the problem is the moment u enter a small cpa firm it is very hard for u to jump to mnc.

so yeah, i was lucky to move to big 4, and then from then on, i start getting calls fr recruiters. even now... i get calls and i have to reject. tell them tt now i am not looking ...am happy w my firm and am looking fwd to my LO in feb 2015

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ashley-hesseltine/what-women-think-about-push-presents_b_5127450.html

Quote : " That's right. As I was waiting at a popular Atlanta lunch spot for the valet to bring around my 2003 Xterra they hid down the street, two ladies were walking to their shiny white SUVs parked in front when one lady motioned to her Mercedes G-class and announced to her friend, "So this was my push present," followed by, "And this, too," as she flashed a sparkly right hand ring. " lolz dun think singapore man will do that lolz

there will never be a prefect solution ... it is give and take lolz
if beanie is with MIL then he will pick up the OCD habit wat :p

LOL, alamak, then the LO will be the one to judge me that I'm not keeping the house as clean as grandma is! :eek:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ashley-hesseltine/what-women-think-about-push-presents_b_5127450.html

Quote : " That's right. As I was waiting at a popular Atlanta lunch spot for the valet to bring around my 2003 Xterra they hid down the street, two ladies were walking to their shiny white SUVs parked in front when one lady motioned to her Mercedes G-class and announced to her friend, "So this was my push present," followed by, "And this, too," as she flashed a sparkly right hand ring. " lolz dun think singapore man will do that lolz

U gotta understand, an entry level Porsche in US is only USD 50K, cannot even pay for that piece of paper here leh! How to compare...

Crap today my pee got traces of sugar. Dammit I knew all the sugary drinks is going to catch up w me one day. Haiz.
oh no... drink plain water !!! no more juice and no more sugary water.. just bear with it for hmm another month or month and a half only ...you can do it !!!

jiayu jiayu

Yay! I'm glad you chose St. Regis! The mummy not into food can order tea/coffee or ala carte snacks. I will certainly go for the high tea buffet, yum yum! List of attendees:

1. Eliss (ecym) (1A)
2. @Archie7 (1A)
4. @charkwn
6. Grace (via whatsapp)

Must make sure all the attendees are aware of the venue change. I will inform Grace. @amberosw @charkwn -- Is St. Regis okay with you? @cuteowl @PTB7674 want to join us or not? You can order ala carte if the high tea buffet is too much for you.
i cant take leave ...and my office to St Regis abit far lolz so cant join

haha idk man. anyway.... was not rly happy there either. but what to do , graduated at the wrong time. and the problem is the moment u enter a small cpa firm it is very hard for u to jump to mnc.

so yeah, i was lucky to move to big 4, and then from then on, i start getting calls fr recruiters. even now... i get calls and i have to reject. tell them tt now i am not looking ...am happy w my firm and am looking fwd to my LO in feb 2015
not bad got headhunter ...never mind after LO birth then see how ..no rush ..these head hunter will keep your data and always on look out cos ..you accepting the job = commission for them lolz

Yay! I'm glad you chose St. Regis! The mummy not into food can order tea/coffee or ala carte snacks. I will certainly go for the high tea buffet, yum yum! List of attendees:

1. Eliss (ecym) (1A)
2. @Archie7 (1A)
4. @charkwn
6. Grace (via whatsapp)

Must make sure all the attendees are aware of the venue change. I will inform Grace. @amberosw @charkwn -- Is St. Regis okay with you? @cuteowl @PTB7674 want to join us or not? You can order ala carte if you feel that the high tea buffet is too much for you.

@Archie7 - its buffet meh? I thot its a high tea set? Could you help us to make a reservation?

i know that is why i said it will never happen here lolz..cant even pay for the car birth cert lolz

That's why my hubby keep on badgering me to consider moving back to US, can live a very "lavish" life there for a lot less, big house, big car, big yard, even a boat if I want, but I don't want la, there r intangibles in life that r worth more to me, family n friends n comforts of home, plus, I won't have all my favorite local foods n my weekly mahjong games, I might die of depression.

oh no... drink plain water !!! no more juice and no more sugary water.. just bear with it for hmm another month or month and a half only ...you can do it !!!

jiayu jiayu

i cant take leave ...and my office to St Regis abit far lolz so cant join

not bad got headhunter ...never mind after LO birth then see how ..no rush ..these head hunter will keep your data and always on look out cos ..you accepting the job = commission for them lolz
i always go checkup with empty stomach.... drink more plain water to flush out the sugar

Just saw the doc, she don't seem v concerned abt the sugar, nor my placenta for that matter, just press press abit, told me bb heartbeat is 155, said my glucose test was normal, n sent me on my way. Think it could be due to the OJ I had before I left the house. Ok ok I will be good now. Should tell my hubby to lock up the fridge. So many sinful drinks inside to tempt me.

mummies can I check how many went for pre natal massage ah? how did they execute the massage? like how do they get you to lie, which part of the body do they work on? cos i was thinking, how to massage if can't lie on tummy?o_O

mummies can I check how many went for pre natal massage ah? how did they execute the massage? like how do they get you to lie, which part of the body do they work on? cos i was thinking, how to massage if can't lie on tummy?o_O
u will lay down on your side and they massage your back ..mainly upper back and leg and arm ..

@Archie7 - its buffet meh? I thot its a high tea set? Could you help us to make a reservation?

Darn, sorry for the mess up, it's a high tea set. I was too fixated on their Sunday high tea buffet. I don't mind making the online reservation. I'd better go back to change my post. Can @amberosw @charkwn and Clarissa confirm that they are okay with the venue change to St. Regis?

ETA: I will call St Regis this afternoon to confirm the prices for adult and child.

Decided to walk in today at my gynae's clinic cos of the very sng feeling in my pelvis. Thank god baby is ok..she said just the pressure from the head resting on certain area..gave me some pills to relax my uterus for the cramps I was having. Baby's head not engaged yet so my guess is wrong lol..saw the scan she said baby alot of hair lolz

That's why my hubby keep on badgering me to consider moving back to US, can live a very "lavish" life there for a lot less, big house, big car, big yard, even a boat if I want, but I don't want la, there r intangibles in life that r worth more to me, family n friends n comforts of home, plus, I won't have all my favorite local foods n my weekly mahjong games, I might die of depression.

I will move to the US/Canada to raise my kids if I had a choice, lol. I prefer the more laid back lifestyle there, can spend much more time with family without boss expecting you to work OT at his beck and call, no respect for the boundaries of non-working hours/days. And much more space for kids to run and play and explore nature. But I won't judge anyone for living here, it is a very personal choice.

Decided to walk in today at my gynae's clinic cos of the very sng feeling in my pelvis. Thank god baby is ok..she said just the pressure from the head resting on certain area..gave me some pills to relax my uterus for the cramps I was having. Baby's head not engaged yet so my guess is wrong lol..saw the scan she said baby alot of hair lolz

Did u do 3D scan with her ?

i know that is why i said it will never happen here lolz..cant even pay for the car birth cert lolz

Car birth cert, lol! I read a newspaper article a long time ago that hubbies here give the wifeys brand-name handbags and Tiffany's diamond rings as reward for giving birth. No mention of cars, of course. I tried bugging hubby for a car not as a reward but as a practical thing to cope with the LO, but no success lol.

I did 3D last month..but like not that clear. She did on 2 separate visits for me. Did you do also?

I haven yet cos I'm feb one hehe.. But intending to.. U got ask her why she nv do 4d one or not?

But my last visit the normal scan from her looks blurry Donno why..

Roughly how many pics given for ur 3D ? It's $80 right ? I rem seeing the price

I haven yet cos I'm feb one hehe.. But intending to.. U got ask her why she nv do 4d one or not?

But my last visit the normal scan from her looks blurry Donno why..

Roughly how many pics given for ur 3D ? It's $80 right ? I rem seeing the price
Her machine not so pro I think can't do 4d. Ya some normal scan pics also v blur. Her machine always gt prob lol..need to upgrade liao. The 3D scan no limit one leh. She will print the clear ones for you. I had abt 6 I think. She will print on those harder photo paper

wah can see hair ..so nice ...
Car birth cert, lol! I read a newspaper article a long time ago that hubbies here give the wifeys brand-name handbags and Tiffany's diamond rings as reward for giving birth. No mention of cars, of course. I tried bugging hubby for a car not as a reward but as a practical thing to cope with the LO, but no success lol.
yah i saw some article on that before too lolz in singapore context .. car can never be a push gift unless fifty rich lolz

I miss the feeling .. Now flabby tummy ..
lolz ..now you have her in your arm to play with leh ... or she can play you lolz

btw u still in hospital ? tot natural likely today check out esp when you check in on monday

that's gd! I was in small commercial firm but moved to big 4... u wanna intro me to ur current firm? LOL

Back