Looking for ikea high chair

htks

Anybody have ikea antilop high chair w safety belt (tray is not required) to bless or letting go cheaply? Able to collect in east only cos I'm alone w a toddler n no car.

She always wana be carried (cos she wana see) whenever I'm doing household chores. Hence, I'm thinking of putting her in a high chair where she can see what I'm doing n i can get some chores done.

Anybody have any suggestion to this problem is welcome to comment. I urgently need to get it done cos chores r piling up.

Thanks.

Hi, may I know how old is your toddler?

Am not sure if the high chair may keep him/her in for long as my boy gets impatient and wants to get down if he sees me moving around and he is strapped down! ;)

We made a play area for him in the living room, with panels of play yard and thick foam mat as base. In there, we set up different corners like reading area, construction with blocks area, music area, pretend play area. He is happy to be in there moving around and I can move around outside at the same time watching him. One end of the pay area is facing the window so he is free to look out of the window anytime and also get some sun sometimes!

Just my two cents worth of suggestion! :)

ala, my girl is 2yo. We don't have a play area but have enough toys to keep her occupied. The problem is, she always wana 'see see' what I'm doing. Or maybe she's not engage with her toys. How to engage her w toys so she can play alone?

ala, oops. I mistaken ur message

htks, what I do is putting my girl in bb cot with toys, turn on music for her and let her enjoy inside. we can busy in kitchen and we know she is safe in the living hall.

Hi, htks, my boy is 27 months so close to your girls age!

What toys are you providing for her? Maybe not age appropriate or she does not know how to play? Like the chasing beads, puzzles, I have to show my boy how to place his hands and fingers before he gets the hang of it... Now he can sit there and trace the beads one by one, interchanging hands, quite good, and fix simple puzzles, he has gotten past the knob puzzles now learning to fit jig saw together, and he can even fix an entire train track! He also likes bottles and caps to screw on and off, and even the cars we have, I show him how to line them up one after another in a line and he can do a very long stretch. For building blocks, he can stack higher than himself and to get him to focus, I get him to slowly put a small animal or little car in each of the gaps and he is really good at holding his hand steady. I use gerber puff containers or you can use tennis ball containers and we keep his little cars and animals in them and he enjoys pouring them out and dropping them in one by one... And not only does these activities train his patience, fine motor skills... It also kills time!!! :p

Back