IVF/ICSI Support Group

Anyone did polyp removal at kkh before ivf? Do we need to wait long for the surgery? Is it a day surgery or need to be admitted?

Anyone did polyp removal at kkh before ivf? Do we need to wait long for the surgery? Is it a day surgery or need to be admitted?
I did. U can do it after menses. Outside private doc reccommend doing at day 7 of af. Kkh doc is ard 1st 2 weeks of af (after af). For me, i did e Surgery at kkh. date at kkh is stated by doc. No long wait. Its considered a minor day surgery and no admission needed..
Jiayou gal

Thanks dears.. I sent a calender invite to my boss to speak to him this afternoon, but he has not accepted my calendar invite. Just when I thought everything would be ok if I speak to him, I saw this article:

http://humanresources.about.com/od/...ties/a/10-things-you-should-never-tell-hr.htm
You have medical issues that might cause disruption to the workplace flow when you need to take time off, go on disability, or seek extensive medical treatment. If you share your medical condition or information in too much detail, you may find that your employer begins to work around you as if you are not there. The employer is trying to protect their productivity, profitability, and work load; your absences would adversely affect the workplace.

But, if you create a situation in which the employer is anticipating your absence sometime in the future, you are generally saying good-bye to transfers, promotions, opportunities, and plum team leadership positions, to name a few examples.

Actually it is very normal for coy to behave like that. Thats what happening to me now. But once on this path, have to be prepared to sacrifice career. I am ready that I will be left out of increment reviews and promotions. My boss tells me he understands my pain cos his wife went through the same. But that is his personal view. As my boss, he still has to do what is right.

Now i just take things easy. Consider it as relieving stress and focus on the ivf path.

@paperclip I agree with @whmc's views. There is a grain of truth in the article in that sharing medical issues reduces opportunities for career development. It is inevitable becoz bosses and HR may not be confident that we are capable of juggling medical treatment and job responsibilities at the same time. Ultimately one must make a (difficult) choice, to pursue career or to have a child (thru IVF) as top priority? A sacrifice must be made regardless of the choice. If I have already set my mind on IVF, then I feel that not sharing is a cause for greater stress, since IVF requires so much time commitment. Imagine going for every hospital appointment with the nagging fear of how to explain to the boss of my absence! We should try to be in the best positive, relaxed frame of mind when undergoing IVF, otherwise I feel we should not even do it at all as our stressed mental outlook may affect the outcome of the whole cycle. If the cycle fails due to this, it is lost money and time gone down the drain.

In my case, my bosses (being fathers themselves) understand my need for fertility treatments and have no problem with me taking time off for hospital visits. It was after I BFP-ed that they consciously decided to reduce my workload, to the point that they knew I felt bored at work but still they refused to budge, lol, for fear that the precious, long-awaited baby might be endangered. Then when appraisal time came, of course they conveniently said that my appraisal would be affected, the excuse being that they must be fair to my other colleagues who did more work blah blah blah. So you can see how I'm stuck, lol!

I did. U can do it after menses. Outside private doc reccommend doing at day 7 of af. Kkh doc is ard 1st 2 weeks of af (after af). For me, i did e Surgery at kkh. date at kkh is stated by doc. No long wait. Its considered a minor day surgery and no admission needed..
Jiayou gal

Thanks gal. Will be seeing Dr Tan tml. Plan to remove it next mth. Don't know whether need to wait long a not in case Dr Tan's schedule is tight.

Did you do yours the following month or have to wait a few months? Which gynae did yours?

Thank u bbpony and connie_hopeful

this time I tried lot of things. Tried tcm tsb herbs, endo scratch, black more conceive well gold, brazil nuts, chicken essence and also was not bed resting. I was doing all of my house hold things but was very careful.

besides above changes were done in my medications also. Saizen was added and I was on very low dosage ( only 125 ul of puregon, was later increased to 133.3 ul only) bcz sadhana belived that if less quantity quality would be good. Her statistics worked for me:).
only 6 eggs. 5 matured. 4 fertilized and 2 became blastocyst. for my first fresh 19 eggs retrived by day3 i had 9 embryos. Sadhana told to do frozen instead of fresh transfer bcz few ofmy eggs already ovulated. Tried 1 frozen cycle with day3 embryos but failed. Dr s suggested to go for blastocyst culture with remaining embryos. But out of 7 embryos none could make it. All were arrested. Quite depressed. Dr s encouraged us to try fresh cycle.

During tww also I asked dr s for diff support then inserts bcz I was having alot of lekage with them so doubt they can support my embryos or not. Dr s prescribed me 1000 units of pregnyl shots every 3 days once. I was quite relaxed and stressed out with then bcz I know they can reach my embryos thru blood.

before 2 months to start cycle I took blackmores folate, coq010, vitamin b12. Read some where that they will Increase fertilization rate. Husband also started migrate and few vitamin suppliments. His soldiers were bad quality.

during tww for 1st week i was very relaxed bcz Iwas having on and off cramps and sore boobs.But 2nd week cramps were gone. Was upset and decided to try next cycle with dato coloin In malysia bcz he can do pgd. Though i was on hcg shots i started to test before they leave my body. Suprisingly line became darker. Was very happy:)

i must thank each and every lady here. U people supported me alot during my tough times and after joining this forum i learnt manyyyyy things. I wish god must bless all the ladies here veryyyyy sooon. Sorry ladies such along post:p

Thanks gal. Will be seeing Dr Tan tml. Plan to remove it next mth. Don't know whether need to wait long a not in case Dr Tan's schedule is tight.

Did you do yours the following month or have to wait a few months? Which gynae did yours?
Dr tan hh did for me. I did it e next menses cyxle after visit him as i went to consult 2nd opinion before i opted to go surgery. Dr tan will ask u when u want to do,then he sets a date. If you ok with e date,they will ask u to sign some papers n you wait for e date to go surgery.

I think imp thg is to ask him which mth to do ivf after surgery n get him to writr a memo to kkivf to set e ivf date. Cos now i got a problem of finding slot to do ivf at kkh after my polyp removal..
E wait to see doc after surgery is 3 to 4 weeks! Very long. Thgs will get delayed if not planned properly or if some hiccups happened.
Dr tan surgery date is mon if i am not wrong.

Dr tan hh did for me. I did it e next menses cyxle after visit him as i went to consult 2nd opinion before i opted to go surgery. Dr tan will ask u when u want to do,then he sets a date. If you ok with e date,they will ask u to sign some papers n you wait for e date to go surgery.

I think imp thg is to ask him which mth to do ivf after surgery n get him to writr a memo to kkivf to set e ivf date. Cos now i got a problem of finding slot to do ivf at kkh after my polyp removal..
E wait to see doc after surgery is 3 to 4 weeks! Very long. Thgs will get delayed if not planned properly or if some hiccups happened.
Dr tan surgery date is mon if i am not wrong.

Thanks for sharing..When did you done yours? Is it painful? Are you given MC after the surgery?

Thanks for sharing..When did you done yours? Is it painful? Are you given MC after the surgery?
I did in oct..i think i over scared myself prior to e proc ,u dun feel a thg during e proc..they put u under ga..but e fasting n waiting is very long for me as a ganna last patient for that day..
I was given 1 week hl leave by doc but actually i was well to move abt after e proc

Last edited:
I'm glad your boss understands you. You are a great mummy!

I'm not sure if they can re-arrange the appointment because they follow the doctor's instruction. The doctor indicated the dates on the paper and the nurse arranged the appointments. Moreover I am under government subsidy, I took a referral letter from the Polyclinic and I chose KKH. However, they do allow me to do the blood test anytime between 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays. For the first blood test, I have to do it on 2nd Dec. For the second blood test, hopefully my 2nd menses fall on a Saturday. The clinic is open half day on Saturday. I can try to arrange HSG and second blood test on same day if KKH allows. For the ovulation blood test, do I need to go to KKH on my 2nd day of menses or wait for them to give me an appointment date? I was advised to call KKH on my 2nd day of menses, but I forgot to ask if I need to go down to KKH on my 2nd day of menses.

Ovulation Blood test? Not sure if that is what it's called.. But if you are saying the blood test to be done on 2nd or 3rd day of menses, it is a test to check FSH, E2, LH & Prolactin. It has to be done on either day 2 or 3 of your menses. As for HSG, it is usually done around day 5 onwards and before ovulation.

Thank u bbpony and connie_hopeful

this time I tried lot of things. Tried tcm tsb herbs, endo scratch, black more conceive well gold, brazil nuts, chicken essence and also was not bed resting. I was doing all of my house hold things but was very careful.

besides above changes were done in my medications also. Saizen was added and I was on very low dosage ( only 125 ul of puregon, was later increased to 133.3 ul only) bcz sadhana belived that if less quantity quality would be good. Her statistics worked for me:).
only 6 eggs. 5 matured. 4 fertilized and 2 became blastocyst. for my first fresh 19 eggs retrived by day3 i had 9 embryos. Sadhana told to do frozen instead of fresh transfer bcz few ofmy eggs already ovulated. Tried 1 frozen cycle with day3 embryos but failed. Dr s suggested to go for blastocyst culture with remaining embryos. But out of 7 embryos none could make it. All were arrested. Quite depressed. Dr s encouraged us to try fresh cycle.

During tww also I asked dr s for diff support then inserts bcz I was having alot of lekage with them so doubt they can support my embryos or not. Dr s prescribed me 1000 units of pregnyl shots every 3 days once. I was quite relaxed and stressed out with then bcz I know they can reach my embryos thru blood.

before 2 months to start cycle I took blackmores folate, coq010, vitamin b12. Read some where that they will Increase fertilization rate. Husband also started migrate and few vitamin suppliments. His soldiers were bad quality.

during tww for 1st week i was very relaxed bcz Iwas having on and off cramps and sore boobs.But 2nd week cramps were gone. Was upset and decided to try next cycle with dato coloin In malysia bcz he can do pgd. Though i was on hcg shots i started to test before they leave my body. Suprisingly line became darker. Was very happy:)

i must thank each and every lady here. U people supported me alot during my tough times and after joining this forum i learnt manyyyyy things. I wish god must bless all the ladies here veryyyyy sooon. Sorry ladies such along post:p
Nice! N U have met a nice doc who fights e battle with u and won! Congrats to your graduation!
All e best anamika! :)

I did in oct..i think i over scared myself prior to e proc ,u dun feel a thg during e proc..they put u under ga..but e fasting n waiting is very long for me as a ganna last patient for that day..
I was given 1 week hl leave by doc but actually i was well to move abt after e proc

Hopefully I can do it next month. Do u mean will have to see doc 4 weeks after surgery before we can start ivf?

Have you managed to get an early slot for ivf?

This must be a good mth...just heard from a friend that her colleague also bfp! First fresh from kkh.

I havent heard from kk today. So anxious being asked to be on standby. I have done handover for my work, just in case i need to leave at short notice. So full of envy for those who bfp...will it be my turn soon?

I just finished my one-on-one session with my boss. He is very happy and excited for me and he said he will support my decision for fertility treatment.

Happy for u that u got this out of the way.

But just need to be practical, u need to be prepared that you will get different treatment. Maybe it is also partly hormones playing tricks, but it may not feel good. ☺

Don't envy. Your turn will come. And when it comes, I wish that it be a safe 9 months for you. :)
I'm constantly worried babies won't develop pass 6 weeks like my 2 pregnancies before. There are still hurdles ahead even though I've got a bfp. I'm not out of my crazy yet. I test now and then to see the 2 lines in hpt.

Ladies need some advice. I am taking tsb herbs given for tww. She told me to come back for diff herbs if I am pregnant? So now shall I go and take het medicine or shall I stop taking tcm? Pls advice

Ladies need some advice. I am taking tsb herbs given for tww. She told me to come back for diff herbs if I am pregnant? So now shall I go and take het medicine or shall I stop taking tcm? Pls advice
Anamika,fyi tsb going on overseas leave soon,think first week of dec. In case u intend to see her. As for e herbs, maybi give her a call to enquire?

Chuckles, the medicine makes me so drowsy. I also taking it 3 times a day. Today i have watery discharge. Is it normal?
I don't want to get you excited but for all the times I got pregnant (1 time was natural conception after hsg), I always get watery cervical mucus. Bearing in mind, that not all pregnancies are the same, yours might be different from mine. But you never know. I do hope it is good news for you!!!

I am actually not very confident of being success this iui cos i have 2 failed iui before. Supposed to on ivf this round but ended up with iui. Today is only 4dpiui. Thanks for your wishes!

Actually how much of the progesterone inserts are absorbed into our bodies, given that there seems to be quite a lot of leakage?

Anamika, congratulations and thank you very much for sharing yr experience with us.

Actually I also worried very much during my last fresh that not enough progesterone gets absorbed. And i also have many eggs but outcome not good. These are things I'll want to ask Dr Sadanah when I meet her for my review, hopefully she can do something to increase our chance.

I only got the jabs cause I was spotting. They are expensive and I can't do it on my own. Got to either do it at the gynae's or a gp clinic. If you are not spotting, don't worry. Alternatively, you can ask for your progesterone be checked through a blood test. If it is low, then doc will give you more support.

I doubt it. But it explains your strong side effects that you are having. Try inserting them and lie down for at least half an hour if you can. You would need panty liners sweetie. It is a mess after.

I have been taking TSB's "an tai yao" ever since I BFP-ed. In my 3rd trimester now.

Back