What is the confinement nanny rate for 2015?

i have engaged one. could not find any who could possibly accept any lower than this.
rate is 2.4k - 2.5k plus welcoming hong bao and token of appreciation hong bao on the last day.
very steep increased. CNY period CL charges up 3.8k!!
not sure who/what determined their cost.

It ranges from 2.3k to 2.5k... This excludes the cost of ur food for confinement, the angpows for starting work and ending work (for CL).

Book thru agency cheaper. 2.1 -2.3 k. But quality not sure. I figure can try since we r also taking risk with those forum recommended cl lols. I m trying my luck w PEM lols

Some 'recommenders mummies' maybe work w cls to earn something..I called one recommended cl n I was quite repulsed by how rude she was. Then I came across another recommending mummy whose choice of words in her message is almost the same as the original but different user name, intro same cl. Think it's like a scam lols

Hi! First time mummy. Erm when do u need to secure a nanny? Anybody knows any javanese/muslim massage lady for mummy n baby? Plus taking care if baby e.g. shower etc. Thanks!

Hi,
My massage lady Diana is good, I love her massage n the steam wrap after massage..she is quite young but experience.i prefer her then others elder massage lady because her strength n massage pressure is very good. Her hp 94303810.

Book thru agency cheaper. 2.1 -2.3 k. But quality not sure. I figure can try since we r also taking risk with those forum recommended cl lols. I m trying my luck w PEM lols

Some 'recommenders mummies' maybe work w cls to earn something..I called one recommended cl n I was quite repulsed by how rude she was. Then I came across another recommending mummy whose choice of words in her message is almost the same as the original but different user name, intro same cl. Think it's like a scam lols

Hi Kbear mommie when is ur edd? So how much u paying for the agency? Keep us update on the CL if she's good. Thanks

Hi Kbear mommie when is ur edd? So how much u paying for the agency? Keep us update on the CL if she's good. Thanks

Decided to go for friend's recommendation after all. Agreed price is 2.6k.

Not confident that the agency can provide decent standard nannies becoz really too cheap. How can d nanny make when the agency will clearly take a cut from the total 2.1k only

Any gd nanny will rather come out on their own or recommended to friends. Also, the agency kept calling n emailing me to confirm d deal. Feels as though their biz not gd

Hi mummies do u think it is necessary to have CL? I am thinking of going without one cuz it is v ex and I am also not comfortable with a stranger staying in the house.

What does the CL do? Cook, wash and feed baby? Was thinking if I breastfeed then won't her job of feeding baby be redundant?

Would appreciate ur opinions, thanks!

Reactions: cmz
I Juz confirmed my CL for 3k. Will end b4 cny. Very ex but no choice.

CL other then cook for u and feed bb. Her main duties is to take care of bb so that u can have sufficient rest. Shower, burp after feed, change diapers...

How early do u all book the Confinement lady? after 1st trim?

I called a lot of CL after first trim. But ALL recommended ones are taken! They will usually recommend their friends but I'm not comfortable as it's not a direct referral from ppl I know. Anyway, I Juz manage to confirm 1 doing confinement for my cousin now. So quite 'lucky'. Hopefully she is good

Hi mummies do u think it is necessary to have CL? I am thinking of going without one cuz it is v ex and I am also not comfortable with a stranger staying in the house.

What does the CL do? Cook, wash and feed baby? Was thinking if I breastfeed then won't her job of feeding baby be redundant?

That said, if u got a very supportive hub and good helper or mother/mil to help u, u will still be able do without CL. :)

I Juz confirmed my CL for 3k. Will end b4 cny. Very ex but no choice.

CL other then cook for u and feed bb. Her main duties is to take care of bb so that u can have sufficient rest. Shower, burp after feed, change diapers...
Thanks!

Hi hi_mei,
During confinement mth, mothers need ample rest to recover so CL will help you take care of baby in-between feeding time and also at night.
CL will cook nutritional food for you during the month to allow mothers to recover from delivery.
CL also will provide tips on how to take care of baby & etc.

But yes, i do agree CL charges is very expensive now.
I have a colleague who survive without a CL.
So it really depend on individual.

Hi hi_mei,
During confinement mth, mothers need ample rest to recover so CL will help you take care of baby in-between feeding time and also at night.
CL will cook nutritional food for you during the month to allow mothers to recover from delivery.
CL also will provide tips on how to take care of baby & etc.

But yes, i do agree CL charges is very expensive now.
I have a colleague who survive without a CL.
So it really depend on individual.
Thank you

i am 1st time mum and have sign up with PEM.i started to look for CL only after 4 mths and all the recommended ones have already been fully booked.i have come across 2 CL who quoted $4k during CNY period and asking for deposit of $600.at last i found a suitable one but she keep giving excuses to close the deal,so i choose agency.

there are lots of negative feedbacks about agency but at least you will not be worried of CL running away with your deposit and allow to change CL for 3 times if i not happy with he service.
both my mum n mil r quite old,so i do not want to them t be too tired.CL shld hv experience taking care of more than 4 babies and memories shld be still fresh.i am not attending those classes,so do not know how to carry a baby,how to latch,how to shower baby,etc.CL will teach or guide.they will also help to do basic housework beside cooking and prepare herbal bath.

if you r more easy going or there is someone to help you and willing to do all the necessary research of what to eat,where to buy herbal bath and how to prepare.then you can save the cost.

for me,i prefer to tap on the expertise of a updated CL and save all the trouble to do extensive research. :D

I suggest you ladies avoid a confinement nanny named miki lee. She looked after my triplets but spend lots of time spreading rumors and gossiping. Created major unhappiness in my family. Even wanted to know my and DH's salaries! Dunno of what concern it is to her other than to satisfy her kaypohness!

Serena, why are you posting the exact same post on different threads? :rolleyes: I checked with two CLs recently and the rate was the same. $2600 for 28 days. I was resistant to getting CL but after confirming my CL I feel more reassured, no need to worry about not knowing what to do. To avoid problem of CL gossiping about family members, I have told my parents not to share too much with her, and don't comment on how she does her work unless there's really something wrong with the way she handles the bb.

Because I want mummies-to-be to be warned of this miki lee! Trust me, u don't want to go through what I went through! As though the stress of newborns and juggling in laws and babies and etc not enough, why do we need added stress of a kaypoh CL?

we spoke to a CL from perak who claimed to have 30+ years experience, she asked for $2.5k + her bus fares to/fro + start & end work ang pow
is this normal practice? reasonable?

btw, do you usually pay the FWL on temporary work permit for CL?
($120 and $265 for employers who are Singapore Citizens and non-Singapore Citizens respectively)

we're 1st timer parents to be so looking for lots of help in this forum :)

Hi all,
I recommended my cousin s confinement lady in other thread in SMH. And she is really good. She stays in JB and her mother and sister stays
Singapore so don have to worry about the temporary work permit thing. Her charges is $2600. If any mummy needs a confinement lady can contact her sister in Singapore 86065387.

My CL asked for one ang pow when she arrives and one ang pow when she leaves in addition to CL fee. Work permit is a must as she said that she was fined in the past for not having one. We don't want to get into trouble so going to apply as she has asked.

please dont employ a confinement lady by the name of AH CHOO. She is absolutely horrible. first day arrive she pass us the receipts of her taxi ride from custom woodlands to my place. She is from MELAKA. And she only given 21 days of permit.

She is not a big fan of Breastfeeding too. When i started breastfeeding with difficulty, it doesnt help her being there encouraging to bottled feed!

She nearly cut the umbilical cord off with a scissors and her reply was 'always its done like that'. Luckily we consulted our mother and advised us NEVER to cut off the remaining thread of umbilical cord. Let it drop off! Because once its infected after you cut , baby might get very sick!

She doesnt clean and wash for baby bottles. She uses tap water to rinse it off remaining milk and we later found out about.

She is quite in her own world and own ways. not open to feedback and argues a lot. Bully young families for things we dont know.

Good luck whoever getting her next.

Please Please dont contact or employ her.
+60 16 359 8443. You might regret it.

I think it would be helpful to engage a CL.
Majority of my friends are mummies and for those who did not engage CL, they regretted badly.

Hmm... how much to give for "Welcome Angbao" and "Thank you & goodbye Angbao"?

Why we Chinese soooooo many angbao angbao de!?!!?:confused:

Hi all,
I recommended my cousin s confinement lady in other thread in SMH. And she is really good. She stays in JB and her mother and sister stays
Singapore so don have to worry about the temporary work permit thing. Her charges is $2600. If any mummy needs a confinement lady can contact her sister in Singapore 86065387.
Can her be nanny instead of CL?

Hmm... how much to give for "Welcome Angbao" and "Thank you & goodbye Angbao"?

Why we Chinese soooooo many angbao angbao de!?!!?:confused:

Welcome Ang bao is just a token for auspicious purpose. Thank you Ang bao depends on your level of satisfaction with her performance. It's like a performance Ang bao so it's really up to individual mummy to decide. I gave $38 and $238 respectively for my last CL.

we spoke to a CL from perak who claimed to have 30+ years experience, she asked for $2.5k + her bus fares to/fro + start & end work ang pow
is this normal practice? reasonable?

btw, do you usually pay the FWL on temporary work permit for CL?
($120 and $265 for employers who are Singapore Citizens and non-Singapore Citizens respectively)

we're 1st timer parents to be so looking for lots of help in this forum :)

Hi Adeline, I guess $2500 is the normal market rate now. I also booked mine for $2500. You can get your family member to help picked her up from custom then no need to incur cab fare. Of course whichever is more convenient for you and family.

If the CL is very popular and always coming into Sg then likely the custom won't let them stay long each time they enter so we need to apply for work permit for them. I was lucky my prev CL was given 2 months to stay in Sg so I don't have to apply WP for her.

I strongly suggest that you book a CL who has been used and recommended by your friends or relatives rather than just looking outside.

Anyone engage PEM or supernanny this year? Standard maintained? Checked with supernanny, price went up ard 10% compared to 2014. Omg confinement service becomes almost more expensive than hospital delivery bill now.

The rate is around 2.5-3k wor.... Not cheap lor.
If u already have maid or have parents or in-law can help then can decide whether really need or not. Some engaged CL but regret.. E.g. doesnt like the food cooked, different opinion. In the end waste $$$ added stress lol...

I am on to my number 3 now. And contemplating not having a CL.
However after discussion with hubby decided to get one.
During confinement - mummy needs all the rest. My only duty are my moo moo duties. (Nursing)
It's best to have CL change nappy and you as mummy focus on nursing. It really is next to no sleep if u r going to nurse and change diapers (newborn pee and poo quite a fair bit)
Not to mention bathing the baby.

CL allows mummy to rest rest and rest.

Agree. It's the only 28 days you can rest all u need. After that mummy will be the one taking care of bb plus elder kids.

And mummies reli should try avoid touching water as much as possible. Developed aching on fingers, legs etc as I don't believe that time.

Leave everything to the aunty. Enjoy this time with hubby, elder kids, online shopping and post natal massage. Hee

Hello.. I'm going to hire a confinement lady for the first time.. Would like to ask you mommies what are the important questions that I should ask the CL before deciding whether or not to engage her services? Thanks in advance!

The rate now is about 2.6k+

Confinement lady responsible to take care baby and mummy, cooked of confinement dishes for mummy to gain back their wealth.
As mummy after operation should be need a lot of rest and care of breast feeding.

Most CL are not responsible for doing housework and cook for family as they have their stress of take caring baby and they need time to rest as well coz whenever baby cry, they need to wake up also even in the midnight.

Ang Pao just a Chinese traditions and the amount just depend on your xin yi. CL just wish for a good beginning and luck when they return home.

My mom work as CL and my MIL is baby sitter. So I have know so much about their work scope. Btw, both mom will be my baby carer ^^

Hope above will helps.

Just booked one and her rate is $2.7k! Sound like on the high end. Recommended by friend's SIL so hopefully I have equally or better experiences with her in Oct.
Now is headache don't know how much to pay for the 2x ang baos.

Hi.. Mummies.. I have a concern here. I would like to know how you will decide to take care of baby from 2nd mth onwards after the confinement nanny completed the 1st mth of ur confinement if no one can help to take care especially when you starts working from 4th mth onwards. My mother is a stroke patient. My MIL has their own 2 grandsons to look after, and is getting slow and a blur which I do not dare to let her take care of an infant.

Last edited:
Hi.. Mummies.. I have a concern here. I would like to know how you will decide to take care of baby from 2nd mth onwards after the confinement nanny completed the 1st mth of ur confinement if no one can help to take care?
Some people can afford and they will extend the confinement to 2 mths so they can be more confident, or get a maid to do housework when u full-time take care of bb till you back to work. Worse scenario, put into infant care.

Some people can afford and they will extend the confinement to 2 mths so they can be more confident, or get a maid to do housework when u full-time take care of bb till you back to work. Worse scenario, put into infant care.

The prob is we cannot afford to extend as the fee for a nanny is too ex for a mth. We wanna get a maid who has infant care experience, becos when I starts working, no one can take care of my baby already as my mum is a stroke patient. My MIL is not able to help as she has to take care her own daughter's one. And I am so worry that I will need to wake up in mid night to feed baby and dun get enough slp as I still need to work the next day which works need alot od concentration.

The prob is we cannot afford to extend as the fee for a nanny is too ex for a mth. We wanna get a maid who has infant care experience, becos when I starts working, no one can take care of my baby already as my mum is a stroke patient. My MIL is not able to help as she has to take care her own daughter's one. And I am so worry that I will need to wake up in mid night to feed baby and dun get enough slp as I still need to work the next day which works need alot od concentration.

Oic. Guess a maid is best solution in this case if you need someone else to take care of bb at night time. But a lot of time, most of them do not have infant care experience. Think transfer maid may have higher chances to have experience. If you had not given birth, get in the maid earlier so once your CL is in, she can help to guide the maid on taking care of the bb too.

Back