(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

My appt is at 530 but looks like it's raining and might reach only at 6. My case was too much walking too and I carried heavy stuffs. So probably exerted myself. Had to go down unscheduled to gleneagles to see Dr yam but glad that he sees me almost immediately after a call. I like the nurses there very friendly. :) that's why I decided on Dr yam over prof biswas from nuh.

I use the same name , if u hear the nurse calling out for me, come forward ok. Haha.

The fluttering is somewhere from my navel to pelvic. Feels like muscle twitching actually

What heavy stuff did u carry? We shouldnt carry anything heavy..

Oh yeah I also feel muscle twitching v gently once in awhile. So cute.

Last edited:

I just reached and am waiting for my turn. Mine is 5 May. Very close to yours! :) As long as baby is good, growth is normal, it's good news.
Interesting. Didn't get to see u today probably will so during labour! Hahah choosing gleneagles as well? Just signed the package today there goes 941. Haha I didn't get supplements from him as I still have some from my nuh visit.

Clinic called me this evening to inform me that my gynae has seen my Oscar scans and blood report and everything is normal. It's been a rough day of puking and sickness for me but I'm so happy!

Saw Dr john yam this morn for my almost 16weeks scan. Saw my boy's birdie hehe althou i already knew gender thru harmony test few weeks back. Started my package too.

sin nee, I'll probably choose to go Mount Alvernia instead. Delivered #1 there and loved everything about the hospital and staff.

Found out baby's gender today too! We saw boy parts, but gynae wanted to be very cautious so said 70% boy. Confirm again at detailed scan. :)

Regarding supplements, I didn't get any from Dr Yam. Been buying my own from iherb. Also taking coconut oil on top of everything else to help build my immunity.

sin nee, I'll probably choose to go Mount Alvernia instead. Delivered #1 there and loved everything about the hospital and staff.

Found out baby's gender today too! We saw boy parts, but gynae wanted to be very cautious so said 70% boy. Confirm again at detailed scan. :)

@starrymommy, looks like your boy is too shy to show his parts too obviouisly to your gynae. lols.... :D

Helloooo mommies, any idea if there are any agent that assist us in finding nanny/babysitter? i need one after my confinement, ... would prefer to put my baby with nanny than infant care.
Do let me know if you ladies got recommendation too :) would prefer admiralty area. Thanks many many!

mylilsheep, he's a cautious man. hubby and I saw the birdie so clearly on the screen!

bubbleslovebubbly, my prenatal multivits still contain folic acid. it is good to just continue taking.

I haven't been gaining any weight. Prior to pregnancy, my weight was 48kg. When I was 4 weeks pregnant, I'm 49.9kg. Then at week 13, I weigh 48.7. Today (Week 14), I weigh 48.4.

I am kind of worried that despite morning sickness easing, I am STILL not gaining any weight. I'm kind of worried. Very concerned and troubled. Anyone of you experiencing the same issue?

By the way mummies to be, I want to share with you an application called 'What To Expect'. It's available in Playstore and Itunes. You may download it. It tracks your baby development and you get daily updates on the progress. Interesting to know.

By e wa, now at 2nd tri, do we still need to continue with our daily folic acid pill? Forgot to ask my gynae yesterday.

My Gynae asked me to stop folic acid as other supplements is sufficients. I was at 13 Weeks when he said that to me.

Finally got news from gynae that my oscar test is normal! Yippie! Now can start looking for confinement lady liao.... and can tell people that I'm pregnant and not fat. Okayyy no one has actually asked me if I'm fat la, dats just plain rude lol. But can share the happy news officially now when people ask :)

Happy for you!

I lose my weight during the first tri too. Probably 1.5kg-2kg because of the morning sickness.
Gynae said it is pretty normal , so i took small meals and snacks in between, no full meals because it made me nausea, and i literally throw up everything i ate.

Starrymommy - Do you know if Dr. John Yam can deliver at NUH? Or only at Mount Alvernia or Gleneagles?

@BubsandBloms , me also same as you. My pre-pregnancy weight is 47. Then on week 8 my weight increased to 48.5kg. But then on week 12 my weight decreased again to 47.5 kg, then maintain that weight until week 16. My gynae asking me if I have problem in eating. I say no. But recently my weight has been on around 48.5 kg. I am at week 18 now. Not much gain weight though. So far still can hide my tummy. lols.....

Im also thinking of getting my pre-natal vits and fish oil etc fr outside le. Find dat at the gynae's usually quite exp. Any recommendations brand wise?

Second tri is a good time to start planning for a short getaway! Thinking of going phuket to one of those kids friendly resorts so can put my daughter at the kids club and lie down all day beside pool… see la already dreaming… yummy thai food… anyone planning a vacation?

Last edited:
Im also thinking of getting my pre-natal vits and fish oil etc fr outside le. Find dat at the gynae's usually quite exp. Any recommendations brand wise?

Second tri is a good time to start planning for a short getaway! Thinking of going phuket to one of those kids friendly resorts so can put my daughter at the kids club and lie down all day beside pool… see la already dreaming… yummy thai food… anyone planning a vacation?

u can get pre-natal vit from GNC

Great thanks starry & newbiemum! Shall chk those out.

@starrymommy yeah i admit, everytime i bring her out for vacation is really 自讨苦吃 haha! Whatsmore you hv 2! But if i dun go this time, when #2 comes out probably cannot travel for a million yrs liao :( so thot just go nearby for a 'babymoon'

@BubsandBloms , me also same as you. My pre-pregnancy weight is 47. Then on week 8 my weight increased to 48.5kg. But then on week 12 my weight decreased again to 47.5 kg, then maintain that weight until week 16. My gynae asking me if I have problem in eating. I say no. But recently my weight has been on around 48.5 kg. I am at week 18 now. Not much gain weight though. So far still can hide my tummy. lols.....

Same as me. I saw my weight is declining every visit. I am week 14 and havnt gain anything. Food makes me feel nausea but cant deny I am hungry. Hungry but cant eat. Torturing! Take bus and mrt also make me feel sick. Mrt leh.. i thot it should be fine. Sob sob..

Same as me. I saw my weight is declining every visit. I am week 14 and havnt gain anything. Food makes me feel nausea but cant deny I am hungry. Hungry but cant eat. Torturing! Take bus and mrt also make me feel sick. Mrt leh.. i thot it should be fine. Sob sob..

I can understand how you feel. I am still nauseous and sick at week 14 now. Still battling with my loss of appetite as well. I also have motion sickness since young so now it just got worse. I take cab to work and it will just empty out my breakfast regardless how much or little I've eaten. Horrible feeling...really hope this goes away soon. I am so worried it won't.

I can understand how you feel. I am still nauseous and sick at week 14 now. Still battling with my loss of appetite as well. I also have motion sickness since young so now it just got worse. I take cab to work and it will just empty out my breakfast regardless how much or little I've eaten. Horrible feeling...really hope this goes away soon. I am so worried it won't.
I once took a cab and the driver must have been driving the whole day. The whole journey I am applying vicks and taking sweets to musk his body odour. When i alighted i puke everything out. So take cab also must see luck !

Hi mummies, seems like im here late... haha. anyway my EDD 7 May =)) dont have FB so will try be active here to keep in touch with u all ...

Same. Reached office i straight away puke. My house n office is quite near 40mins bus but i m struggling. Worst still very hard to wave a cab.

I once took a cab and the driver must have been driving the whole day. The whole journey I am applying vicks and taking sweets to musk his body odour. When i alighted i puke everything out. So take cab also must see luck !
Oh my.. thats even worse, esp when we r so sensitive to smell. It double up the odour. Yucks.. I am afraid it wont end too. I am going to have a few meetings this week and next week. I dunno how I can survive...

I survived my first without CL but got one for my second birth. Regretted. The CL was damn kaypoh and kept gossiping and adding fat to fire by spreading gossip between my family and my in laws creating a major rift. As though confinement not stressful enough! So warning, if you ladies want a restful confinement without additional stress resulting from indiscreet rumormongering, don't get my CL by the name of miki lee!

Starrymommy, who delivered your #2 when u discharged from Mt A & go NUH bcoz of pre-term then since pte doc cannot deliver at gov hospital?
I worry abt such emergency situation at the last min.

cynn04, not a million years bah! only till the youngest is 18 years old? lol!!! agree you should get away if you can. for me I won't as I foresee myself being tired and cranky easily throughout the trip. happier in SG! :)

happycsk, my nausea came back at 16 weeks. still having it on and off especially in the afternoons and evenings. really quite a torture even though didn't puke. it just feels like something is stuck in between stomach and throat, and will keep gagging. my missed my dinner entirely last night also. just managed to down a sandwich this morning.

50_BBN, yeah was warded at Mt A to stop contractions. plan was to stop it and go home bedrest till full term. ended up couldn't control the contractions any further. Dr Yam came for a visit in the afternoon and suggested we discharge straight away and go NUH as water bag already burst, delivery on the same day was unavoidable. at NUH, we just took whichever gynae/midwife/nurse we were assigned to.

cynn04, not a million years bah! only till the youngest is 18 years old? lol!!! agree you should get away if you can. for me I won't as I foresee myself being tired and cranky easily throughout the trip. happier in SG! :)

happycsk, my nausea came back at 16 weeks. still having it on and off especially in the afternoons and evenings. really quite a torture even though didn't puke. it just feels like something is stuck in between stomach and throat, and will keep gagging. my missed my dinner entirely last night also. just managed to down a sandwich this morning.

50_BBN, yeah was warded at Mt A to stop contractions. plan was to stop it and go home bedrest till full term. ended up couldn't control the contractions any further. Dr Yam came for a visit in the afternoon and suggested we discharge straight away and go NUH as water bag already burst, delivery on the same day was unavoidable. at NUH, we just took whichever gynae/midwife/nurse we were assigned to.

Why is it that Dr Yam can't deliver ? You mean Dr yam can only deliver if it's at 40 weeks ?

sin nee, he mentioned about he is not allowed to deliver in government hospitals. 'cos he is under private practice. he recommended that we go NUH because the bill at Mt A would have "killed" us.

he was telling me when I saw him on Monday that since I had this issue with preterm labour, I need to be very careful this time for there is a chance that it might happen again. made me so worried!

@starrymommy, wow your gynae looks so sensible with your situation. I just wonder how many gynae will be so generous to give up his patient which may means giving up his earned fees too.

Hopefully, this time your baby will be pop out full term. Just take it easy with yourself and rest more and give yourself indulgence , especially when you enter into third trimester. :)

mylilsheep, yes very grateful! he helped us save so much $$. even those visits he made to Mt A to check on me while I was warded were all waived off. such good doctors are hard to come by nowadays.

well, I'm trying to be more zen now for #3. pushed myself too hard and didn't really take care of my body when I was preggy with #2.

Starrymommy, so sorry to hear that your nausea came back at week 16. I am actually looking forward to week 16, hoping I get better in that week since most ppl say ms should last max till wk 16 if nv recover by first trim.

This is torture for me....I know the lump in throat feeling. Sometimes is air but sometimes must really vomit to make it go away. Damn sian one

mylilsheep, yes very grateful! he helped us save so much $$. even those visits he made to Mt A to check on me while I was warded were all waived off. such good doctors are hard to come by nowadays.

well, I'm trying to be more zen now for #3. pushed myself too hard and didn't really take care of my body when I was preggy with #2.

The youngest is 18?!?!? Old bag of bones liao dunno how to vacation anymore.

Your gynae really very good! 难得 got such good and caring ones. You oso must take good care, take things easy this time!

Avoid CL named miki lee. She looked after my babies and cooked well but created rifts between family members with her gossip and rumormongering. She would carry tales between people cAusing a lot misunderstanding and unhappiness. And she would even justify that she's being logical when it's none of her business in the first place!

he was telling me when I saw him on Monday that since I had this issue with preterm labour, I need to be very careful this time for there is a chance that it might happen again. made me so worried!

Dr Yam is very conservative and likes to play safe. So don't worry too much.
So Dr Yam really puts patients interest first , he could have just told u to stay at Mt A n leave u in big bills to clear. A gynae with heart !!
so he can't deliver pre-term is it ?

momocrv, if full term already then not too bad, still can go to the private hospital of your choice. I am talking about preterm, anything before 36 weeks. in fact Dr Yam said 36 weeks is borderline and may need to stay in NICU for a couple of days or more also. not as bad as my 30 weeks girl who stayed for 6 weeks. hope no babies in our group need to go through that. really heartbreaking.

cynn04, hahah! can restart the 二人世界 with hubby then! :D

sin nee, he could have just told me need to emergency c-sect and I wouldn't have any hesitation! just that he felt that we didn't need to spend that extra amount of money.

momocrv, if full term already then not too bad, still can go to the private hospital of your choice. I am talking about preterm, anything before 36 weeks. in fact Dr Yam said 36 weeks is borderline and may need to stay in NICU for a couple of days or more also. not as bad as my 30 weeks girl who stayed for 6 weeks. hope no babies in our group need to go through that. really heartbreaking.

cynn04, hahah! can restart the 二人世界 with hubby then! :D
Ahhhh oic....ok thanks starrymommy!

Back