IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yeah! After ET only 3 days mc leh, i guess 2ww still have to be back at work lor. I am going to ask for more days of mc, not sure if doc will give. The ivf nurse say i need to ask from doc on ET day.
har 3days only.... my last fet dr loh gave me 18days... I rest all the way to BT.. try to ask for more to rest

har 3days only.... my last fet dr loh gave me 18days... I rest all the way to BT.. try to ask for more to rest

Yah will ask on ET day. I hope i get covered at least till end next week.

I am nursing a cough right now. I can foresee myself trying not to cough after ET. I hope it gets better by then.

I am sitting in KKH waiting for my number to be called. So many people in front of me. I forgot to bring my polyclinic referral letter and other medical reports. My hubby went back home to get the documents for me. So forgetful...

I'm taking bird nest every week since ER, my mummy cooked for me... its supposedly ok to consume according to the medical hall that sells her... anyway its protein! LOL
hmm..i think better to take after ER hor? cos i remembered someone took too much egg white before ER, as a result, the egg quality not good?

hmm..i think better to take after ER hor? cos i remembered someone took too much egg white before ER, as a result, the egg quality not good?

The egg quality could be due to genetics instead of over-consumption of egg white... unless they can establish a direct cause.

Is it normal to have water like discharge during 2ww. Felt like as if I peed on my underwear.....
Colletines, during 2ww i woke up because of this watery discharge. Feel like af come or urinating, but it was a milky white discharge and i still have it till now.

Colletines, during 2ww i woke up because of this watery discharge. Feel like af come or urinating, but it was a milky white discharge and i still have it till now.

I was told it is normal to have such discharge while still on the progesterone inserts.

Haven't start the fertility treatment, I feel tired already. Got to attend so many pre-tests and check-ups before the second visit to the doctor. My 2nd appointment is on 19 January. Doctor will then decide which treatment I will go after review all the tests I went through. It seems like every week I will need time-off for blood tests etc.

I couldn't sleep last night. Thinking how should I put into words to tell my boss about my decision?

papercIip, maybe you can ask for a first or last appointment of the day. Then take time-off instead of med leave. You don't have to tell your boss if you are not comfortable. Just 'woman issues' would suffice. Don't give up. The journey is long and tedious but worth it!

Haven't start the fertility treatment, I feel tired already. Got to attend so many pre-tests and check-ups before the second visit to the doctor. My 2nd appointment is on 19 January. Doctor will then decide which treatment I will go after review all the tests I went through. It seems like every week I will need time-off for blood tests etc.

I couldn't sleep last night. Thinking how should I put into words to tell my boss about my decision?
Paperclip,jiayou! For blood test,u can go early in morning then go to work. Should be quite fast.
For checkup,i take mc or half day. Timeoff if can gauge e timing. Normally e doc is kind enough to give.
Jiayou!

Its towards e back when u have use 1 time hl leave saying womans issue, then it becomes difficult when u didnt tell the company the 2nd time u need hl leave. Like me, i am feeling stressful now on how to plan my 2nd ivf as my co didnt know i went for it. I dun want stress n kpo eyes from colleague talking abt this behind my back.

So for yr initial leaves, jiayou

Last edited:
T

Thnk you straw1 I cnt sleep well always having weird dreams, or my hub say I grind teeth or slp tok.

I sincerely hope this is a good sign for u

I do recalled when I was preggie, i often had weird dreams n there were also a few occasions where I woke up with tears on my face. Most likely hormones over run. Good luck sis

Hi paperclip, do persevere as it is a long journey. You can get a medical chit from the nurse which will indicate from what time to what time you were in hospital. Then you can return to work on the same day and the chit will be proof of where you were when you MIA.

You don't have to tell the boss the details at this stage, and your doc may decide to not put you on IVF straight away. Less invasive non-IVF treatments will take less time from work. But as and when you embark on IVF, I think it would be wise to be honest with the boss, as it is time-consuming. At least 3 mornings per week for 2 weeks devoted to scans, consultations and picking up of drugs, and this is not counting the counselling/briefing session, blood test and trigger injection before the ER. Once you do the ER/ET procedures, you will get 18-21 days' hospitalisation leave to rest at home and you should make use of that to take time off from work and relax at home to give the embryos the best chance of implantation!

Paperclip, if it helps I remember my appt is like :
1) first appt with doc, that day itself I take blood test
2) half a day for pre test scanning
3) half day to see doc and review all the results and he say go for ivf
4) half a day for ivf briefing (ivf needs to do 4 blood test. I did it separately at GP and pass to them during my mockup)
5) half day for mock ET (my doc ordered that so I have an additional step)
I didn't take long to consider because of my age and my age probability is also lower. I just go of it and the rest should follows :) be positive k
Now day 5 of my injection. =)

Thanks dears.. I sent a calender invite to my boss to speak to him this afternoon, but he has not accepted my calendar invite. Just when I thought everything would be ok if I speak to him, I saw this article:

http://humanresources.about.com/od/...ties/a/10-things-you-should-never-tell-hr.htm
You have medical issues that might cause disruption to the workplace flow when you need to take time off, go on disability, or seek extensive medical treatment. If you share your medical condition or information in too much detail, you may find that your employer begins to work around you as if you are not there. The employer is trying to protect their productivity, profitability, and work load; your absences would adversely affect the workplace.

But, if you create a situation in which the employer is anticipating your absence sometime in the future, you are generally saying good-bye to transfers, promotions, opportunities, and plum team leadership positions, to name a few examples.

Paperclip, if it helps I remember my appt is like :
1) first appt with doc, that day itself I take blood test
2) half a day for pre test scanning
3) half day to see doc and review all the results and he say go for ivf
4) half a day for ivf briefing (ivf needs to do 4 blood test. I did it separately at GP and pass to them during my mockup)
5) half day for mock ET (my doc ordered that so I have an additional step)
I didn't take long to consider because of my age and my age probability is also lower. I just go of it and the rest should follows :) be positive k
Now day 5 of my injection. =)

You are lucky! KKH planned this schedule for me:
1) 24 Nov: First appointment with doctor
2) 2nd Dec: First blood test
3) Appointment for blood test to test ovulation when 2nd or 3rd day menses
4) Call to make appointment for HSG on 1st day menses
5) 19 Jan: Second appointment wit doctor to review test reports and recommendation

Haven't decide which path to take, I need to visit KKH 4 times already, assuming 1 visit per week. I don't know if this is normal procedure or no.

Jiayou mum-to-be!

I will avoid it cux it's considered cooling. Even during pregnancy I think we are only recommended to take it during last trimester

I have also read that bird nest shouldn't be taken in first trimester. Better to start later part. In fact, try not to take too much cos it might cause allergies such as asthma and eczema in babies. Also, we do not know how pure it is and if it has been processed with other harmful stuff.

You are lucky! KKH planned this schedule for me:
1) 24 Nov: First appointment with doctor
2) 2nd Dec: First blood test
3) Appointment for blood test to test ovulation when 2nd or 3rd day menses
4) Call to make appointment for HSG on 1st day menses
5) 19 Jan: Second appointment wit doctor to review test reports and recommendation

Haven't decide which path to take, I need to visit KKH 4 times already, assuming 1 visit per week. I don't know if this is normal procedure or no.

Jiayou mum-to-be!

Paperclip, yes this is what i have gone through too though I didn't do it one shot. I did the CD2-3 hormone blood test and HSG before going for IUI but failed. Then i stop everything for nearly 2 years and now going for IVF and dr wants me to do the blood test for AHM and Blood count.

Did you ask them what is the 2 dec blood test for? Cos if it's for AHM, you should be able to do it together with the CD2 or 3 blood test then u won't have to go in twice.

Thanks dears.. I sent a calender invite to my boss to speak to him this afternoon, but he has not accepted my calendar invite. Just when I thought everything would be ok if I speak to him, I saw this article:

http://humanresources.about.com/od/...ties/a/10-things-you-should-never-tell-hr.htm
You have medical issues that might cause disruption to the workplace flow when you need to take time off, go on disability, or seek extensive medical treatment. If you share your medical condition or information in too much detail, you may find that your employer begins to work around you as if you are not there. The employer is trying to protect their productivity, profitability, and work load; your absences would adversely affect the workplace.

But, if you create a situation in which the employer is anticipating your absence sometime in the future, you are generally saying good-bye to transfers, promotions, opportunities, and plum team leadership positions, to name a few examples.

Actually it is very normal for coy to behave like that. Thats what happening to me now. But once on this path, have to be prepared to sacrifice career. I am ready that I will be left out of increment reviews and promotions. My boss tells me he understands my pain cos his wife went through the same. But that is his personal view. As my boss, he still has to do what is right.

Now i just take things easy. Consider it as relieving stress and focus on the ivf path.

Paperclip, yes this is what i have gone through too though I didn't do it one shot. I did the CD2-3 hormone blood test and HSG before going for IUI but failed. Then i stop everything for nearly 2 years and now going for IVF and dr wants me to do the blood test for AHM and Blood count.

Did you ask them what is the 2 dec blood test for? Cos if it's for AHM, you should be able to do it together with the CD2 or 3 blood test then u won't have to go in twice.

The blood test for 2nd dec is to test progesterone. The other blood test is for ovulation. I don't know if I can get the same appointment date for HSG and ovulation blood test, so I don't have to visit the hospital the 3rd time until 19th Jan.

The blood test for 2nd dec is to test progesterone. The other blood test is for ovulation. I don't know if I can get the same appointment date for HSG and ovulation blood test, so I don't have to visit the hospital the 3rd time until 19th Jan.

Actually you can always call and check with them. The nurses at kkh are quite helpful. Tell them your situation and see if they can help to arrange your appointment. You never ask you never get and anyway no harm asking right?

Anyone has experienced with stomach flu during 2ww? Have very bad stomache and high fever which kkh 24o&g said is due to stomach flu. Told me to monitor and if fever doesn't go down by tomolo I need to be admitted. Super sian as it is just a week to my blood test on 2 dec

Actually it is very normal for coy to behave like that. Thats what happening to me now. But once on this path, have to be prepared to sacrifice career. I am ready that I will be left out of increment reviews and promotions. My boss tells me he understands my pain cos his wife went through the same. But that is his personal view. As my boss, he still has to do what is right.

Now i just take things easy. Consider it as relieving stress and focus on the ivf path.

I'm glad your boss understands you. You are a great mummy!

Actually you can always call and check with them. The nurses at kkh are quite helpful. Tell them your situation and see if they can help to arrange your appointment. You never ask you never get and anyway no harm asking right?

I'm not sure if they can re-arrange the appointment because they follow the doctor's instruction. The doctor indicated the dates on the paper and the nurse arranged the appointments. Moreover I am under government subsidy, I took a referral letter from the Polyclinic and I chose KKH. However, they do allow me to do the blood test anytime between 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays. For the first blood test, I have to do it on 2nd Dec. For the second blood test, hopefully my 2nd menses fall on a Saturday. The clinic is open half day on Saturday. I can try to arrange HSG and second blood test on same day if KKH allows. For the ovulation blood test, do I need to go to KKH on my 2nd day of menses or wait for them to give me an appointment date? I was advised to call KKH on my 2nd day of menses, but I forgot to ask if I need to go down to KKH on my 2nd day of menses.

I'm glad your boss understands you. You are a great mummy!

I'm not sure if they can re-arrange the appointment because they follow the doctor's instruction. The doctor indicated the dates on the paper and the nurse arranged the appointments. Moreover I am under government subsidy, I took a referral letter from the Polyclinic and I chose KKH. However, they do allow me to do the blood test anytime between 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays. For the first blood test, I have to do it on 2nd Dec. For the second blood test, hopefully my 2nd menses fall on a Saturday. The clinic is open half day on Saturday. I can try to arrange HSG and second blood test on same day if KKH allows. For the ovulation blood test, do I need to go to KKH on my 2nd day of menses or wait for them to give me an appointment date? I was advised to call KKH on my 2nd day of menses, but I forgot to ask if I need to go down to KKH on my 2nd day of menses.
u need to go kkivf for scanning on the next day of your call.

Back