(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Hi I asked abt mount A they r having it too for those signing up their card (also at $60+)

@happy_joy, will u be delivering at mount a? I m still deciding btw mount a and mount e.. my gynae delivers at 2 places.. This week I be going for the harmony test le..2 wks later then will know results & baby's gender.. hee...excited

I delivered my first at Mt A. was quite disappointed with their meals - the food doesn't look "confinement". Even the soup taste MSG-ed.

Even though they proclaim that they provide confinement food to mummies. But the nurses are nice.

My experience with TMC was pleasant and their nurses were friendly during my stay, so i will stay with them for my future deliveries. Near my house too.
I find their confinement food very delicious, suitable for my palate. Or maybe i was too hungry.
Most importantly, ACJ clinic is in the same hospital and same floor somemore, it is much more convenient for my gynae to attend to my needs.

Last edited:
I delivered my first at Mt A. was quite disappointed with their meals - the food doesn't look "confinement". Even the soup taste MSG-ed.

Even though they proclaim that they provide confinement food to mummies. But the nurses are nice.

Mayb I will go for mount e then.. my fren said tmc is getting more & more exp.. she delivered natural and total adds up $8k+ and her coll went mount e was close to $9k. My fren said tmc was not very comfortable becoz they place u at some corridor with many other mums only until u r abt ready to deliver b4 they push u to delivery suite.. and the nurses r also nt v frenly at tmc.. is more of like mass production.. so she advise me to try mount a or mount e..

When i delivered in 2013 in TMC, I was wheeled to the delivery suite at 9:00am. My dilation only started at 1:00pm after the epidural, and my baby was out at 5:39pm.
I like the delivery suite at TMC, very cozy , spacious and a big LCD tv.
I choose 4-bedded,2 nights and my hospital bills was around 3kplus.
This is excluding gynae fees.

Last edited:
When i delivered in 2013 in TMC, I was wheeled to the delivery suite at 9:00am. My dilation only started at 1:00pm after the epidural, and my baby was out at 5:39pm.
I like the delivery suite at TMC, very cozy , spacious and a big LCD tv.
I choose 4-bedded,2 nights and my hospital bills was around 3kplus.

My fren was one bedded and hubby bunk in with her. 4-bedded were u scared to be alone? Is the service good? Another thing I m considering is also how many bedded.. I see alot of ppl all one bedded.. so also no chance to ask the experience of 2 bedded or 4 bedded.

I am not very particular with the rooms. Anyway it is a 2 night stay, 4 bedded are friendlier on the pocket, why not?
There are not many 4 bedded rooms in TMC , pretty limited.
Most mummies will choose the 2 bedded, but i find it very crampy, if you are taking the inner bed near the window.

The first night , i was the only mummy in the entire room. It was spacious, and peaceful.
My visitors can roam around the room and not worried about the noise level, cause no other mummies around.
It is not so scary. The nurses will pop over to check on you occassionally.
You will probably be way too tired to be scared or worried about other things.

Last edited:
@hippo78 - Wah.. my mil only knows the fish, sesame chicken and pig trotter... hahaha... think I should download some recipes for her so I can have more varieties! Do u know if breastfeeding, the food can add DOM inside??

Hi icyjol, I did drop 1 tablespoon into my steamed fish. 1 tablespoon per meal.
Not too much because yes, caffeine and alcohol can get into your breastmilk, so be sure not to take too much.
Alcohol such as DOM and rice wine were consumed to keep the body and womb warm. It helps mummies to sleep better too.

Last edited:
@hippo78: My gynae is at acj too ..
Dr Wong is my gynae ..
How about you ??

During the delivery for no 1, one-bedded room was fully occupied so they offered a 2-bedded room but at one-bedded room charge ..
Hub had very good sleep coz he got to sleep on the other bed ..
He only helped out in the day ..

@hippo78: My gynae is at acj too ..
Dr Wong is my gynae ..
How about you ??

During the delivery for no 1, one-bedded room was fully occupied so they offered a 2-bedded room but at one-bedded room charge ..
Hub had very good sleep coz he got to sleep on the other bed ..
He only helped out in the day ..

Hi hi, my gynae is Dr Adrian Tan. Dr Wong is famous, saw her in magazine , is she the top 10 gynae in Singapore?
She always have a long queue. I am an impatient mummy, so I prefer Dr Adrian. hahaha....

Last edited:
@hippo78: I dont know that she is that famous ..
But her charges are sure expensive ..
Now her waiting time is not so bad after the price increase ..
Both my gfs delivered their kids with her & she got good reviews so far ..

Havent start on dha capsules ..
At least 280 to 300 per visit by then ..
Next year, I will go on weekdays to save $20 weekend surcharge since need to clear leaves ..

I haven't started on the calcium and DHA capsules too.
Dr Adrian Tan consultation fee is $68 , ultrascan $78.
Together with the folic pills + progestrone jabs and pills, i normally paid around $200plus each visit.

Dr Wong got a special ultrascan machine ?? Hee hee ..
She charges $88 for 10 mins consultation & $88 for scan ..
I get my own folic acid & I drink 2 glasses of milk daily so I dont need calcium pills ..
I cant take the multi-vits so only need to pay for Duphaston now & dha capsules in tri 2 ..

I am not very particular with the rooms. Anyway it is a 2 night stay, 4 bedded are friendlier on the pocket, why not?
There are not many 4 bedded rooms in TMC , pretty limited.
Most mummies will choose the 2 bedded, but i find it very crampy, if you are taking the inner bed near the window.

The first night , i was the only mummy in the entire room. It was spacious, and peaceful.
My visitors can roam around the room and not worried about the noise level, cause no other mummies around.
It is not so scary. The nurses will pop over to check on you occassionally.
You will probably be way too tired to be scared or worried about other things.
did u get free upgrade to 2 bedder?

I know TMC provides free upgrade of the ward from 4 bedder to 2 bedder , but nope I didn't get to upgrade. Because all the mummies want the 2-bedded, so no one took the 4 bedded. haha....
I occupied the entire 4-bedded room for 1 night.

Last edited:
Hello mummies.. just went for my 2nd gynae appt and baby is already 9 weeks! Gynae also cfm my edd is 28 June 15. My app stated 3 July thus I was from July mummies group. Now clashing into June mummies group too! :) my next appt will be in 6 weeks' time.. so longggg....

Dr Wong got a special ultrascan machine ?? Hee hee ..
She charges $88 for 10 mins consultation & $88 for scan ..
I get my own folic acid & I drink 2 glasses of milk daily so I dont need calcium pills ..
I cant take the multi-vits so only need to pay for Duphaston now & dha capsules in tri 2 ..
Wah her charge is an auspicious number man... Lol...

Hi @hi_mei ,

How's the oscar scan like? I'm going next week.... my appt time is V early lor.... sian.
Mine was at KKH. It's like ultrasound scan except it takes longer. The person will zoom into the internal organs and check them (like heart, kidney, bladder, etc) and also measure the thickness of the fluid behind the neck. Actually it was over quite fast... Maybe takes 10 min. Hope urs goes smoothly!

my gyn is Dr. Kenneth Edward Lee @Mt Alvernia
delivered #2 with him in 2012
Very patient n explains well .... normal delivery charge $2500
stitches also very gd

Hi hi, my gynae is Dr Adrian Tan. Dr Wong is famous, saw her in magazine , is she the top 10 gynae in Singapore?
She always have a long queue. I am an impatient mummy, so I prefer Dr Adrian. hahaha....
hi hippo ur gynae is same with me Dr Adrian ☺

i just started with SGH. got a referral there from polyclinic so it's cheaper. going for my second appointment there in 2 weeks' time :)

Do you go to the labour ward tour? I went sgh when I have my 1st 2, but halfway switch to tmc. And I wonder should I stick to tmc or make a change... my experience with tmc is just average.

Mine was at KKH. It's like ultrasound scan except it takes longer. The person will zoom into the internal organs and check them (like heart, kidney, bladder, etc) and also measure the thickness of the fluid behind the neck. Actually it was over quite fast... Maybe takes 10 min. Hope urs goes smoothly!

Thanks @hi_mei !! am looking forward to it and hopefully can know gender too...

I think I will skip oscar & do harmony test instead ..
Anyone did harmony test yet ??

When u doing yours? I doing end of the week hee.. doc says no need fasting and they will withdraw 3 tubes of blood, very fast. The sample will be flown to US lab for testing and results flown back.. 2 weeks later will know results. Can know gender of baby too, so if you wan your baby's gender to be a mystery.. u must tell your gynae first! :)

When u doing yours? I doing end of the week hee.. doc says no need fasting and they will withdraw 3 tubes of blood, very fast. The sample will be flown to US lab for testing and results flown back.. 2 weeks later will know results. Can know gender of baby too, so if you wan your baby's gender to be a mystery.. u must tell your gynae first! :)

I should be doing mine at 2nd week of Dec ..
Coz my oscar test is supposed to be 6th dec ..

Do you go to the labour ward tour? I went sgh when I have my 1st 2, but halfway switch to tmc. And I wonder should I stick to tmc or make a change... my experience with tmc is just average.
nope not yet. i think they encourage mummies to take the tour only after 20wks? i'm only 9w6d so still got a long time to go. this is my first baby so i don't know what to expect either...

I know TMC provides free upgrade of the ward from 4 bedder to 2 bedder , but nope I didn't get to upgrade. Because all the mummies want the 2-bedded, so no one took the 4 bedded. haha....
I occupied the entire 4-bedded room for 1 night.
Thanks alot .. haha like tt I can an xing opt for 4 bedder. . Maybe can do a tmc tour again ..

Re: Oscar
I'm doing on 5 dec will be 12 wks 6 days by then.

Nw im down with flu n sore throat took 1 prititon from gp feel so drowsy nw ... wanted self heal but don hv luxury to stay hme for more den 1 day of mc to get well soon.. hope bb will be as healthy as a ox in me !

Facebook group : yes there is! U can pm Me ur email I add u in can't rem who is the Admin nick here in smh thread ...

I'm doing my Oscar scan on 5 Dec too!

Had a bad scare yesterday. Was back at work after hospital leave and started to bleed profusely after lunch. Clothesn everything all stained!! Was so worried that I had a m/c. Rushed to the hospital and luckily scan revealed tt baby was ok and still kicking. *phew* so glad!!

Now on another 2weeks ofHL. Think my colleagues n boss gonna hate me now.. :s

Bel_vodka, can add me to the fb grp too. I pm u my email add. :)

I'm doing my Oscar scan on 5 Dec too!

Had a bad scare yesterday. Was back at work after hospital leave and started to bleed profusely after lunch. Clothesn everything all stained!! Was so worried that I had a m/c. Rushed to the hospital and luckily scan revealed tt baby was ok and still kicking. *phew* so glad!!

Now on another 2weeks ofHL. Think my colleagues n boss gonna hate me now.. :s

Bel_vodka, can add me to the fb grp too. I pm u my email add. :)
Hi dollsy glad u and baby are ok! Just rest and don't care about work first! I also had a few episodes of bleeding, one of them was like period-heavy. But now that am at end of first trimester there is no more bleeding and everything is stable. Just be careful these few weeks and all will be ok!

@phengpheng shucks now I know why I so bloated... It's the morning milo... Luckily u mentioned.

@bel_vodka yay! Can eat pineapple tarts!

Doc mentioned to me. I drank soya milk a few times too. Now thinking back, it caused me bloating as well. So now everything dairy pdts are off limits! Boohoo...
Can only drink water or juice. :(
Life no fun now...
Taking antacids and mylanta but finishing soon. Even though taking these but by late afternoon I'm still a bit bloated and have to cough out/ vomit the gas in the loo... :(

I'm doing my OSCAR on 4 dec at novena medical centre instead... But gg to tmc to collect my SBI card if it ready by then! :p

Thinking to opt 2 bedded or 4 bedded to save $ too. But I might disturb the mommy beside me or I will be a light sleeper then...
We r on very tight budget... Sigh...

But I wanna "splurge" a bit on myself to reward myself to a 1 bedded for gg thru the 9mths hard work.. (Last time I enjoyed my single bedded very very much!)

Back