(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

Erlisa, cramping is not good la, you should try to arrange an appt to see a gynae soon. tell him abt the cramping so he can give u some progesterone to stabilise. I find the progesterone tablets helps me alot in relaxing my uterus, so far cramping is quite little since i started it but whenever i carry my elder boy or carry other heavy stuff the cramps will come back.

I've been getting night MS lately. around 9+pm, i'll start to feel nauseous... really feel so uncomfy that many times, I felt like just going to the toilet to dig my throat so that I can puke out everything thats in my tummy. :(

really so xin ku. but it's a consolation as well.. coz I know the worse I feel = the healthier bb is

Did a vaginal scan coz my tummy too gassy, couldn't see anything. Saw the water bag and a small yolk :) EDD 19 Jul. Dr say go back in 3 weeks to make sure everything grow bigger and develop into baby. Gave me utrogestan, 2 tabs every night. Feel much more relieved now!

Nicokin19 , yeah man, i always wake up like been beaten up everywhere too.

Anyone had remedy for bloat & gassy?
I feel so awful with it.
Morning was ok then afternoon after lunch start bloat + gassy then evening is horrible. Sometimes i only manage to slowly few pcs sugar cracker and few mouthful horlicks / milo.

@jj_jj at a moment i thought it's puppy..hehe....errr....i always have eczema but seem like it is getting worse.
i stop using ru yi oil and see how it goes. first.

Did a vaginal scan coz my tummy too gassy, couldn't see anything. Saw the water bag and a small yolk :) EDD 19 Jul. Dr say go back in 3 weeks to make sure everything grow bigger and develop into baby. Gave me utrogestan, 2 tabs every night. Feel much more relieved now!

yay @yallo .... tmr my turn :)

Felinalyl! Same here.. Brushed teeth and wanted to vomit. Threw up the water I drank. Very uncomfy want to sleep the whole day so I won't feel nauseous :(

My gynae mentioned to me abt this natural ginger supplements that can help w MS. She say if i really feel miserable and can't stomach food she suggest i get some of the ginger pills to try. I think you all can check w your gynae on this.

@Ash mum really ah, cramps is no good ah? aiyoh... *worried* i tot cramps are normal during early stages since bb is growing. i better arrange to see gynae asap ....

Finally seen Gynae n saw heartbeat!
Baby measures abt 6 wks only thou if base on LMP should be 8 wks.
Am asked to go back in 2 wks to do dating scan.

My dear Gynae increased his fees. Duno if I should continue to see him. Dilemma!

@uglydoll no heartbeat, only saw the yolk. But he didn't seem to be very concerned, just say go back in a few weeks time. He did say that there's a possibility when I go back the yolk never grow bigger, or never develop into a baby, so it's still uncertain I guess? But now I'm just happy there's a yolk and that the sac isn't empty ha.

@mandy_ng yay see heartbeat is good! Yah I think my gynae also more ex now, but I don't see myself switching. Don't like the idea of letting another stranger see my exposed self ha

My gynae also increase fee.....she is neither very good or very bad but out of convenience, i probably will remain with her.

My #1 bill is almost $10K at NUH. Induce for 2 days + a surgery after delivery (my bb tear my inside wall when he come out) + stay extra day + this mysterious amount of $2k+
Cash i think i fork out around $3K, 4K plus (excluding the gynae package).
Lucky hubby company can claim and recently his company increase the claim amount.
So i 'prepared' for it le. He keep telling me $10K can go atas hospital and deliver liao loh

Come to think about it, i am glad she did not push me to C-sec. I had to induce at week 38 because of my GD.
Insert 2 pills also no reaction.
Until i so fedup..when insert the 3rd pill i tell my hubby, if no reaction, i want to c-sec liao.
than lucky she say okie can break waterbag and deliver. i waited 40plus hours before baby arrive!

yes!!!!!!
a lot of extra charges lah...i stayed total of 5 nights..than single room...plus the surgery.
if not, would be much cheaper.

$200+ per visit is quite normal. Really not cheap to have kids in singapore even before bb is born already so much money spent. Delivery and confinement are both expensive affairs..

Jj,

Try honey with lemon in hot water? Recently I found this to be my best remedy. Coz I can't even take water too well, milo also makes me bloat and leaves a bad after taste. But honey and lemon seems to really help me feel better. I sip on it and feel quite good coz since I can't eat much, the honey provides sugar also. Makes me feel better!

@erlisa, I shd be ard 5 weeks. Am planning to Se gynae only when I am week 12. I did the same for no. 2. No point gng so early n donating money to gynae unnecessarily. If anything wrong with baby (touch wood

Alamak pressed send by accident. I was saying, if anything wrong with baby, body will tell u by spotting or some form if bleeding. But for my no.1, at 4 weeks alr I saw gynae.

I am overweight. Like in obese. I just only started losing my pregnancy weight (about 4kg out of the 20kg needed to lose) then kena pregnant again... Haiz!!
I have to be very careful with diet! :(
My no.2 I wore lose clothes so not many cud tell I was pregnant even at full term. Lol!

yes...i told my #1 next time grow up either be gynae or be plastic surgeon..haha

I think 2 kids just nice. Anything more, really strenous on the financial.
Lucky #1 will move to toddler class. If both age grp too close, the $$ to put in IFC very shiong.

I'm wavering whether to book CL now or to wait til I hear heartbeat in 3 weeks time. How do you all arrange ah? Last time I delivered early at 37 weeks and my mother had to stand in while waiting for the CL to finish her previous job, quite cham. Usually you all will tell the exact edd, or give a bit of buffer?

@sasa_xie abit early wor...unless yr is the popular one.
i getting back my #1 if she is available. Used to be from PEM but now she doing on her own.
If not available, than i will go back to PEM.

$200+ per visit is quite normal. Really not cheap to have kids in singapore even before bb is born already so much money spent. Delivery and confinement are both expensive affairs..

Did my sums, and probably spend $3.4k just on the gynae visits + OSCAR + detailed scan for my last pregnancy.
I took several jabs during my first tri to stablise the condition.
These are exclusive of gynae delivery charges and hospital bills.
Fully agree it is not cheap having a baby in Singapore.

Woah I just went to check. During my #1 his package was $750, now 3.5 years later it's $900! Talk about inflation! :(

Not getting a cl, will just order confinement catering like with my #1 previously. Not used to having strangers living in the same house.

Woah I just went to check. During my #1 his package was $750, now 3.5 years later it's $900! Talk about inflation! :(

May I know from what week the package starts ?
Mine starts only from week 20 at $550 last year.
Not sure whether any increment, shall check with his recep coming Fri.

Yea i calculated already, from preggy till delivery, its ard 10k for me for natural birth with no complications. Then my #1 got warded at 5 days old for jaundice and that was what we didn't expect and the bill was 3k for 3 days in TMC! I didn't even stay in the hospital only the baby stay also so exp! That was in 2012, i think prices gonna be abit more for next year.
Confinement wise, my mum will be cooking my meals for me. I will take care of bb myself since i breastfeed and bb will sleep w me, i see no point in having a confinement nanny. I will get confinement herbs for 28 days and my mum will cook. Other chores all diy, bo bian, not so 好命。

csy1 can u share what r the things u look out for b4 u booked the cl w agency?

Im intending to get 1 but worried that i may get a cmi one. My #1 confinement was done by my mil n not properly done.

My sis hired a free lance cl this july recommended by my friend. She created a lot of problems for my sis n she developed post natal blues.

I just follow my friend's recommendation. She took a maid from PEM in the end instead of CL and her maid really very good.
I got a colleague who also choose PEM CL just last month and she said was okie too.

I guess we are pretty lucky.
Have to manage expectations i feel, coz this CL will take care of you, your hubby and the baby.
If she not enough rest, also difficult for her to take care of the baby at night.

Maybe also depends on luck, my excolleague engaged 1 from PEM this yr. She fired her on the 2nd day. The cl didnt know how to bathe bb, screamed n scolded bb when he cried, n cried together w bb when bb cried louder after she screamed.

Can choose the cl or agency choose for u?

Leighstar Aiyoh that sounds terrible! Cry together with baby? Sounds like the CL was inexperienced, else how come can breakdown like that?

@hippo78 the package starts from week 12 onwards. Not sure how many visits more that is though, compared to starting only at week 20.

Last edited:
@leighstar if u know the 'popular' ones, you can request but need to pay extra $$. book through agency got plus point that you can exchange if you don't like.

If book on your own, have to run the risk of the CL suddenly don't want to do for you. I heard stories like, their next job start earlier and they want to stop with you, they start to show a lot of pattern.
Until you cannot tahan and send them off

Jj,

Try honey with lemon in hot water? Recently I found this to be my best remedy. Coz I can't even take water too well, milo also makes me bloat and leaves a bad after taste. But honey and lemon seems to really help me feel better. I sip on it and feel quite good coz since I can't eat much, the honey provides sugar also. Makes me feel better!
How to make? Any proportion?
I tried once like bitter leh

I also dunno. My gynae never explain why. But my hubby got asked is it 6 weeks can see gender. He said most probably can see by then. Anyway I'll be going for my Oscar test on 12th week. So will be doing a scan.

Yes that was the ultimatum so she was fired on day 2. For urs, did u choose or u heng heng get her? I dont know who r the populsr ones. N the one tthat my sis used was engaged by my friend last year too

My CL was recommended by my mother's friend but I'm definitely not getting her again this round. She's more of the slow motion kind, which I cannot stand. Baby crying wailing away, but she's still very zen, slowly wipe backside slowly put on diaper. I see already feel like stepping in to do it myself lol! So now also wondering how, who to get this time round.

I think free lance ones may fly kite sometimes. My friend gave birth @ 36 weeks n original cl couldnt be contacted in totally. She was reccommended by her sis's sil.

Back