Breast Pads

NewBaby16

Hi,

Does anyone know whether a reusable or disposable breast pad is better? And for disposable, how many do I need to prepare?

Hihi. I'll prefer disposable type as more hygienic and convenient. I myself don't breastfeed for both daughters so this 3rd baby I only prepare 20pairs of breastpads. My #2 birth, nipple only start dripping a little milk in the 5th or 6th days and it totally end in less than 2weeks time. I used 1 pair a day cos drip a few drips only (reason for not b.f as tried many ways but no milk)

Some says reusable breastpad are more cost saving in long run. You'll probably need 3-6 pairs. Depends on how fast you do your washing.

For disposable. Maybe you can start with 1month supply then purchase more later if needed. Then again it depend on how many pairs you need in a day. Some will need 2 pairs.

Hope this helps.

There was one for one sale for Medela disposable pads at Mums and Babes (Wheelock 3rd floor) when I bought two weeks back. Maybe you can call and ask if they still have this offer?

I've tried a few brands of disposables and like the Pigeon disposable breast pads best... it's cheap and good. I go through one box of 60 (usually ~$14) in 4-6 weeks, depending on my supply and how hard my baby is working to help me clear my milk supply.

I had the Avent reusable pads but I find it too small, it moves during sleeping time and I wake up with a wet top. Agree with agaga you need about 6 pairs, machine wash in a bag is fine but I don't like to see the milk stain on the pads.

prefer disposable.
Buy reputable/well known brand.
Ever bought from online store,unknown brand pad,all the cotton come out after little wet and the cotton stick on my nipply. :(

Hi I m using spectra brand n it the softest n also adsorbs well of so many brands of disposable breast pads that I hav bought :)

I think it depends on how much milk you leak... I have a pair from medela but after one let down, they are soaked.
I prefer disposables and have used Avent, Pigeon, mother care own brand (the purple non individually wrapped ones) and tolly joy ones. I love the pigeon and tolly joy ones! Tolly joy value for money - regular price $7.90 for 48 pieces and they are super comfortable. The printing is ugly but the pads are great! Wish I tried them earlier.

Ah sorry I forgot about how many to prepare. In the early days, many! My advice is to just prepare one box and see how it goes. After awhile I just dripped directly into a towel and saved on pads cos after one let down, my whole bra and pad would be soaked. It could be very different for you. If need more, your hubby can run out and buy :)

Back