Do kids outgrow play yards quickly?

jeanryan

Hello, my baby is still very young and would like some advice before I purchase.

Do kids outgrow play yards quickly? Was thinking of having a large playyard cos (1) will be home with baby alone and dont like idea of play pen and (2) large enough for adults enter to play with baby/toddler.

Honestly I find tat play yard is a waste of money. Not all babies like being in the play yard cos it's like confinement. .. I bought a play yard which costs a few hundred dollars and ended up selling for only 80 bucks :) but of course if u r gonna leave your bb fir a short while like going for a shower etc... It's safer for her to b in e yard.. since your lo is still small it's better to train her ftom small so she will b used to e yard :) hope this helps

I agree that not all babies like play yard. My friend is able to put her baby in the play yard for few hours, the baby sleep in the play yard. But my boy cant stay there for more than 10 mins. The game panel on the play yard can only entertain him for short while and he refuse to be trapped inside. I would suggest that you get a play mat for him to sit on and play which I find it more worth it.

My 14m son is okay staying in the play yard provided SOMEONE is inside sitting together with him. Defeat the purpose.

THanks!! Guess it depends on the baby huh.

mm... well, with only one adult and one baby at home... need place baby in a safe playing corner when adult is cooking/bathing/pooping/surfing/watever haha.. etc And can put play mat or toys in the playyard for baby to explore on own.

Else.. without a play yard, no idea how to cope when baby starts crawling etc

Any ideas?

You have a baby cot? I think safer to put in baby cot. For us, we put in baby cot. Else will put in the walker.

Baby cot is unsafe too, my son can use one leg and slowly make his way out of the cot by himself.

I've never own a play yard coz my house got no space. My #1 n #2 r totally different. #1 can stay in playpen or sit on the rocking chair while i do my things but #2 simply cannot be confined so I let her roam freely ard the hse but have to watch over her every minute and i have learnt to bathe tgr with her. I've always wondered whether the play yard will topple if the kid pushes it?

Back