(2014/08) August 2014

Did your baby take the rotavirus vaccination? If Yes, is it taken few days before or after the 5 in 1 jab? Or taken on the same day? My 5 in 1 jab will be done at Polyclinic. Check with the PD who told us to do the rotavirus vaccine on the same day.

Did your baby take the rotavirus vaccination? If Yes, is it taken few days before or after the 5 in 1 jab? Or taken on the same day? My 5 in 1 jab will be done at Polyclinic. Check with the PD who told us to do the rotavirus vaccine on the same day.
Ya he took the rota virus (oral) as well together with the 5 in 1 jab. Accordingly to the nurse, if your baby have not has his or her milk yet..after the rota virus, baby need to wait for 1/2 an hour before they can drink milk. Otherwise they might puke.

Are your babies still wearing socks all the time or only during night time? My mil says no socks required during the day. Confused...

Mine too. Stop mittens at 3rd mth. Wearing sock 24/7. Their feet tend to feel cold all the time. So I just carry on to wear socks.

Are your babies still wearing socks all the time or only during night time? My mil says no socks required during the day. Confused...
I totally understand ur confusion. My MIL also told me no need wear socks. Than when she see my baby bare feet after shower she ask why never wear :( so it seems mayb occasionally during the day (not aft shower), we can remove the socks for a while for the baby to explore the feet

I'm feeling quite sad man. Now both my wrist joints are painful. Read online this is so called "baby wrist". I went tuina once but never help. Wearing a wrist Guard now but the pain is still there. Not sure what other treatments I shld take man. Anyone having this issue also?
Also I'm not sure if my menses is coming back le. My baby only 3mo leh. I thought if breastfeeding, menses won't come so early? Yest I see some traces of blood in the morning but after that no more le. Than this morning I again see. Dunno consider menses or what. Confused/

Yeah. I'm confused lo. But I suppose can remove it occasionally to let him explore using his feet bah.
Haha

Pooh girl...
My wrist n fingers hurt too.... my little one was already 6.1kg at 2mths. Now just turned 3mths. I feel my wrists breaking man. Lol

My boy wears socks & mittens at infant care coz there's air con there. at home he wears socks only since 2mths.

pooh_girl, I worse than u. juz sprained my neck/shoulders in the afternoon while carrying baby. went for acupuncture & massage but still very pain. can't turn my head at certain angles. damn jialat. staying overnight at mum's place so she can help look after baby. sigh.

My boy wears socks & mittens at infant care coz there's air con there. at home he wears socks only since 2mths.

pooh_girl, I worse than u. juz sprained my neck/shoulders in the afternoon while carrying baby. went for acupuncture & massage but still very pain. can't turn my head at certain angles. damn jialat. staying overnight at mum's place so she can help look after baby. sigh.

I slipped n fallen with my baby when stepping out of bathroom on friday..my in law's place flooring is granite and I got all blue black..lucky baby only got shocked..cos she landed on my wrist in sitting position.

I sprained my neck before too.. terrible feel cos carrying her up n got sprained and painful till almost lost my grab of my baby.

Kopibeanie... my shoulders also damn stiff and pain. Does acupuncture helps?

erh.. sprain neck & stiff shoulders r different thing ba.. sprain is like u pulled a nerve/muscle suddenly & that whole area is tightened & can't really move. think u can try massage/tuina for stiff shoulders. acupuncture shld be able to help too, but probably not necessary.

I slipped n fallen with my baby when stepping out of bathroom on friday..my in law's place flooring is granite and I got all blue black..lucky baby only got shocked..cos she landed on my wrist in sitting position.

I sprained my neck before too.. terrible feel cos carrying her up n got sprained and painful till almost lost my grab of my baby.

aiyoh u take care leh! sigh. really tough looking after baby. really 伤痕累累.

I'm feeling quite sad man. Now both my wrist joints are painful. Read online this is so called "baby wrist". I went tuina once but never help. Wearing a wrist Guard now but the pain is still there. Not sure what other treatments I shld take man. Anyone having this issue also?
Also I'm not sure if my menses is coming back le. My baby only 3mo leh. I thought if breastfeeding, menses won't come so early? Yest I see some traces of blood in the morning but after that no more le. Than this morning I again see. Dunno consider menses or what. Confused/
Both my wrist hurt too. But getting better after acupuncture a few times. My sinseh says if the wrist joint near your thumb is hurting, it's inflammation... as opposed to sprain/twist for lower joint. so shouldn't tuina. Will make things worse. Should avoid using wrist as much as possible. Get someone to help open/close/wash bottles.

Supposedly if u go GP they can give u a jab to stop inflammation... but it can come back easily if continue to abuse wrist..

aiyoh u take care leh! sigh. really tough looking after baby. really 伤痕累累.

I rather I suffer than baby cos they cant speak and will only get cranky whereas we can find remedies. Yup indeed everyday end of day the whole body aches and like whole body's energy use up.

Both my wrist hurt too. But getting better after acupuncture a few times. My sinseh says if the wrist joint near your thumb is hurting, it's inflammation... as opposed to sprain/twist for lower joint. so shouldn't tuina. Will make things worse. Should avoid using wrist as much as possible. Get someone to help open/close/wash bottles.

Supposedly if u go GP they can give u a jab to stop inflammation... but it can come back easily if continue to abuse wrist..

Hi miaoz13,
Where is the wrist join near the thumb and the Lower joint located? Not sure mine is which joint wor. Ur sinseh in the east side?
ImageUploadedByForum1416799474.274843.jpg

It depends on whether u BF or not. My bb on FM at 2nd mth. So my menses came too. And now after 2 cycle. . My menses still a little haywire on the date.

My gal 3mths 27days old..been having lesser breast milk (bottle fed n night latch) both day n night.. her consumption now is 140ml but she will left balance of 50/60ml for each fed.. and took long time to feed her eg: 1250-1345 just to make yer finish the whole bottle. Any advice mommies?

Don't worry. When my son was abt 4 months, he suddenly refused milk altogether. He would drink like 20-30ml then not want anymore. I was so stressed and upset and crying. On hindsight, I should've chilled! Babies are human like us! They have moods and appetite too. His appetite resumed after a couple if days and he's well and fine now 2 yrs later. A picky eater still but I've learnt to relax more and enjoy the process...

juz monitor couple of days & see how it goes. they have growth periods where they juz drink n drink, & lull periods where they are more interested in other things than drinking. no worries.

My gal 3mths 27days old..been having lesser breast milk (bottle fed n night latch) both day n night.. her consumption now is 140ml but she will left balance of 50/60ml for each fed.. and took long time to feed her eg: 1250-1345 just to make yer finish the whole bottle. Any advice mommies?
Change bottle nipple or poke bigger hole. My girl just turned 4 mths and I am going to try m size nipple soon

Agree with some mummies mentioning abt changing bottles or the teat. It happen to my girl as well. We change a bottle to a softer teat, she start drinking again. I suspect she may be teething, hence prefer softer teat. U can try for ur baby as well.

Agree with some mummies mentioning abt changing bottles or the teat. It happen to my girl as well. We change a bottle to a softer teat, she start drinking again. I suspect she may be teething, hence prefer softer teat. U can try for ur baby as well.

What brand you're using?
My gal still refused to change nipple size ss to bigger size as she cries n choke..

My girl coming 4 months per feed is 100 to 120 ml. Night latched too but if u change bottle teats ur bb may reject ur breast.

Mine 3mo4days baby also like that for the past 2 weeks. Can take 1hr to finish bottle feed. He drink halfway and than start to look around the surroundings and play with the teat in his mouth. Some say is nipple confusion cos I latch him most is the time.

My lo usually able to get back to sleep straight away after his nite feedings. However this past 2 to 3 nites, he will wake up 2 hours later after his feeding cranky and refuse to sleep after tat. I have to pat him for quite awhile before he can get back to sleep again. Normal nites he will wake up between 3 to 4 hourly for his milk. Any of u mommies experience this b4. Btw, he is 3 months and 15 days old.

Back