any mums who had induce labor???

Hi mums out there,

Would like to know what normally gynae will do for induction and the procedure.

My baby is overdue by 3 days.. So if she does not come out by Monday 10 March. I will be having an induction.

Would like to know more about it :)

Thank you.

Ur gynae will put u on drip n manually cut open ur water bag if it has not burst yet. Nothing much to worry abt. :)

Hi karen wang. I had my 1st girl with induced labour. I was overdue for 7 days. So on the 7th day, had the checkup with gynae.. went for detail scanning and found I only had little waterbag left so my baby was at risk. He want me be admitted immediately. On that day, the routine doc inserted one pill (meant for induced) through my vagina. Its a bit unfortable but bearable. It depends on individual.. if ur body able to accept.. u may feel contraction shortly but I didn't so routine doc insert 2nd pill the next morning. About afternoon, I could feel contraction and increasing as clock ticking. I did feel my water burst whichever amt is left. Then the labour process start. And... tada... my girl is born.

So don't worry. Just hope nature comes in way. Anyway.. I gave birth without epidural. So wish u have a safe journey and baby coming soon.

I wonder how it feels ... without epidural. .. especially that moment when doc has to cut our cervical area to expand space for baby?

For my experience, I don't feel the cut and the stitching up. So the pain I had is the contraction. But this is individual. Some had long contraction, some can feel the stitching.. so diff ppl will have diff experience.

What I'm really worry about is the failed induction. Cause I always wanted a natural delivery, not a c section. And for induction, there might be a risk of having c section..

I worry my body does not respond to the medication and react the way I wanted.. T.T

Yup, I opt for no epi labour too :)

Basically max pill given is 3. At the end of the 3rd sure to giv birth. Tat is what my gynae told me last time coz I asked if never then how. He said.. sure will. So walk more and drink more juices. It may help.

Basically max pill given is 3. At the end of the 3rd sure to giv birth. Tat is what my gynae told me last time coz I asked if never then how. He said.. sure will. So walk more and drink more juices. It may help.

What kind of juices help

I had to go for induction coz my baby was playing wif e umbilical cord n it was hanging loosely ard his neck. Baby's head refused to lodge at e 39th wk so gynae did a detailed scan. Gynae din wan to wait so told me to admit immediately e nx day morn. We juz kept talking to e baby to b safe n come out safely via natural delivery. When we arrived at e hospital, I was already 1.5 cm dilated so no need to insert pill, only needed water bag to be manually cut. Almost had to go for c section coz dilation was too slow. But managed to gif birth naturally without epidural after 10 hrs of labour. No need to worry. Juz tok to ur baby n ask him or her to b gd n come out nicely.

Agree wif CutieLya. Can't feel e cut n stitching. Had a super big tear from e pushing n gynae said I lost quite a lot of blood so not suitable to start breastfeeding immediately. I din even noe he took almost 1.5hrs to stitch my wound. But e pain from e contractions did make me tok a lot of rubbish... Heehee...

I had to go for induction coz my baby was playing wif e umbilical cord n it was hanging loosely ard his neck. Baby's head refused to lodge at e 39th wk so gynae did a detailed scan. Gynae din wan to wait so told me to admit immediately e nx day morn. We juz kept talking to e baby to b safe n come out safely via natural delivery. When we arrived at e hospital, I was already 1.5 cm dilated so no need to insert pill, only needed water bag to be manually cut. Almost had to go for c section coz dilation was too slow. But managed to gif birth naturally without epidural after 10 hrs of labour. No need to worry. Juz tok to ur baby n ask him or her to b gd n come out nicely.

Im currently 2cm dilated. So when I go for induction this monday most likely the gynae wont insert pill?? As a first time mom may I ask how the water bag is actually cut??? Kinda curious abt tht.

E pill part I'm not too sure. Better to chk wif ur gynae. I din really c. I think he inserted something like scissors in den juz make a cut inside to burst e water bag. We were bz tokking to e baby to come out safely n dun come out via c section so din pay much attention to other stuff...

Hi Karen...

A pregnancy is only considered "overdue" if it's beyond 42 weeks. You are right to note that if your baby and body are not ready, a failed induction would lead to a c-section.

Basically, there are 4 methods of pharmaceutical induction:
1) membrane sweep
2) prostaglandin gel or pessary
3) artificial rupture of membranes
4) pitocin drip

Induction is basically forcing your body to start labour. Please do read more in this article:
http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/induction-of-labour-to-induce-or-not-induce#.UxilHykazCQ

My 1st child was natural birth without epidural. The pain become unbearable after I was over 6 cm dilate but as it was abit late to take epidural and I really wanted to deliver without epidural so I just continue to tolerate the pain.

My 2nd child was also natural birth but with epidural, as I was already 2cm dilate so I opt for induce instead as my gynae is also worry that the moment I feel the pain (coz I did nt feel the pain when I dilate 2cm) it maybe bb is already coming out and too late to be send into delivery suite etc. But the labour pain with induction was much more painful, and at 3cm dilate the pain was already unbearable which is why I opt for epidural.

I will suggest whether to induce or not u let ur gynae advise u. Coz if ur bb already poo inside then it will be better to induce.

Try having sexual intercourse. My friend whose bb was overdue was supposed to go induction. Her hub suggested intercourse as a last resort and the next morn, she was in labour.

Try having sexual intercourse. My friend whose bb was overdue was supposed to go induction. Her hub suggested intercourse as a last resort and the next morn, she was in labour.

If stomach are big then hw to have intercourse? Some hub might reluctant to do leh lol

Having sex is actually one of the means of inducing labour naturally. The prostaglandin found in semen helps in the induction process. Cuddling and kissing hubby can also increase oxytocin levels to help with labour. What gets the baby in, can get the baby out! ;)

Any comfy position can be adopted while having sex in the last trimester when tummy is big and might get in the way.

And do inform hubbies that it's perfectly safe to have sex cause baby is protected well by the water bag.

I tried castor oil for labor induction. It works for me. It really helps me with my labor. I always prefer normal delivery and I'm afraid to have an overdue delivery. But it is very important to consult with your doctor when drinking castor oil. It highly needs doctor's approval especially for right dosage and others do's and don'ts.

I induced 3 days overdue and sort of regretted it cos din manage to dilate and had a emergency c- sec after bb poop inside. Tink u shd wait for 1-2 weeks after ur due date..let bb have chance to come out naturally..

Hi , my third child was being induced coz i gave birth very fast. Maybe u can try drinking fresh coconut water , it works for all my three kids

Back