(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Went to collect all my tests today... All clear!!! Happy me!!! However the doctor cannot confirm the gender and envy how come all MTB can tell the gender!!! Opps... Hoping to get to know so I can start shopping!!!
Me too doc can't tell. But she said mostly like to be a gal. Still must wait till detail scan den can tell

For those u have signed up the Thomson FBI/SBI, how much u guys paid for the membership fee? TMC now offering discount for the membership fee, $60 for 2 yrs, whithout discount is $148. And the Single bedded suite got further $100 disc for jubilee baby.

For those u have signed up the Thomson FBI/SBI, how much u guys paid for the membership fee? TMC now offering discount for the membership fee, $60 for 2 yrs, whithout discount is $148. And the Single bedded suite got further $100 disc for jubilee baby.
Yup, when I signed up abt 2 mths ago it's $60. Can't rmb whether the have further discount for single bedder or not. But even without, our stay at TMC will be discounted.

Yes I pay for 60$ too. Plus some free magazine etc.. Which doc u seeing?

For mummies. Warehouse price for strollers cots n other baby stuff

Baby kingdom
83 Kaki bukit ave 1. Shun Li industrial park singapore 417954

Mon to sat 10am to 9pm
Sun n public holiday 10am to 9pm

There is another one a few unit away call baby hypermart. It is along the same facing.

We bought out stroller yday n be car seat. The price is much cheaper compared to spring n others.

My gynae asked me to stop folic acid after week 12 and start the prenatal multivits + calcium. I see that the multivits already include folic acid, though not as high dosage as the previous folic acid pills.
@StacyHF I also same as @Minn07, gynae gave the folic acid until week 12, then they will suggest u to take prenatal multi vit and fish. Prenetal fish oil contain folic acid too

My gynae told me that I can stop folic acid already cause the multivitamin is good enough with folic acid dosage. Sufficient for the baby growth. Taking fish oil too for baby brain growth.

Oscar test has pass and sharing this good news with friends and colleagues. All seems very paranoid for me cause my doc asked me not to be too active. I climb mountain and even went for Hello Kitty Run! Hehehe.. Baby heartbeat is generally faster than normal.. Hopefully it's OK.. :) all in all.. Enjoying my 2nd trimester with travel.

Any mummies here still travel for business trips? Gynae told me the best travelling period is in the 2nd trimester.. Been travelling alot lately.. Kind of worried though!

Hi mummies-to-be, I'm currently having my #1... 17weeks.. EDD 5/5/15 :) I'm having leg cramps on and off since a few weeks back though.. Anyone has any remedy for this?

already signed up package with gynae since 14 weeks. any consultation or scans till delivery are part of the package.
Starrymommy, you are with Dr John yam too right ? Does his package includes supplements like fish oil ? And how often does he schedule you for review ? He seems to schedule me 4-5 weeks between each session. I am in week 16 now and have not signed with him yet. Last I saw him was abt a mth ago.

Finally got news from gynae that my oscar test is normal! Yippie! Now can start looking for confinement lady liao.... and can tell people that I'm pregnant and not fat. Okayyy no one has actually asked me if I'm fat la, dats just plain rude lol. But can share the happy news officially now when people ask :)

Btw is anyone taking the meiji collagen powder? I got mine in Japan, and all the wordings are in japanese, so not sure if can still take during pregnancy. I stopped it during first tri, but scared its gonna expire soon.

I passed my oscar test! Nv gave me details on how long the risk is, my gynae just said ur oscar test and blood result is okay. Today my scan showed my baby is facing downwards and the legs keep moving like training for swimming.. sooo funny! :) nausea is still there. My gynae said usually last until week 16. He said i m in week14 now. Must tahan another 2 weeks!!!

sin nee, yes I'm with dr yam. the package only includes consultation and scan. I've been seeing him 3 weeks apart as I've some minor issues like contractions (likely BH starting early) and spotting episodes, so he's more concerned.

sin nee, yes I'm with dr yam. the package only includes consultation and scan. I've been seeing him 3 weeks apart as I've some minor issues like contractions (likely BH starting early) and spotting episodes, so he's more concerned.
I had spotting issues earlier too *keeping fingers crossed* and had jab in my buttock twice ! Haha but I hope all it's over. Just got to be more mindful of our actions and no big movements !
Btw, what's BH ?

I had spotting issues earlier too *keeping fingers crossed* and had jab in my buttock twice ! Haha but I hope all it's over. Just got to be more mindful of our actions and no big movements !
Btw, what's BH ?

I think its braxton hicks contractions? Just mild uterine contractions which is painless.

BH = Braxton Hicks contractions. started last weekend, had a few episodes of the top part of uterus hardening up and it felt like a rock! there was also a bit of light bleeding, so was worried and called Dr Yam's clinic. the nurse said I should come in and see him. think I was stressed out with training the new maid plus handling 2 kids hence the BH + spotting. he wanted to give me hormone jab but I actually said no, unless bleeding came back (thankfully it stopped). he just put me on ventolin to relax the uterus and also progesterone pills.

baby was okay though. still feeling the movements on and off during the day. will be seeing Dr Yam again this evening just to make sure everything is okay! :)

Thank you sweetie for the SKII info. Are you using cellumination products? Not sure if whitening product is okay.

Hope the results turn out good tmr. After all the torturing weeks, just hope the scan and results can make me happy tmr.

As i know do not use whitening product while pregnant but check with your gynae to make sure.

Yes I read whitening pdts are not recommended. So I guess I will not use it till after giving birth. :)

Usually how long after the scan/blood test will Oscar results be out? I won't see my gynae for another 3 weeks but I really hope to know the results before that.

Yes I read whitening pdts are not recommended. So I guess I will not use it till after giving birth. :)

Usually how long after the scan/blood test will Oscar results be out? I won't see my gynae for another 3 weeks but I really hope to know the results before that.

I asked before, they said blood test is out within 3days. If everything isokay they wint call. No call is good news. Nasal bone thickness almost know on the spot..

Actually I also never notice the nasal bone thickness measurement though I saw the sonographer measuring the nasal bone. Only noticed the back fluid measurement is 2.1mm to 2.4mm.

Actually I also never notice the nasal bone thickness measurement though I saw the sonographer measuring the nasal bone. Only noticed the back fluid measurement is 2.1mm to 2.4mm.

Wow .. u still got notice the length etc .. both hub and i too excited to see baby waving at us .. didnt noticed the length etc .. but nurse did informed on the low risk ratio after the 3rd day.. by the way, does your scan provide the hardcopy of the oscar testing? Yet to see my doctor so wont know if they provide any scanned pictures and report..

Exactly loh....bb was jumping up and down during the scan so I nv noticed lol. Too excited to see bb jumping and bb very cooperative position so the scan so fast. Like 10mins.

Yes they took a lot of snaps of the ultrasounds and all will be sent to gynae. She did tell me gynae will return all to me in next appt.

BH = Braxton Hicks contractions. started last weekend, had a few episodes of the top part of uterus hardening up and it felt like a rock! there was also a bit of light bleeding, so was worried and called Dr Yam's clinic. the nurse said I should come in and see him. think I was stressed out with training the new maid plus handling 2 kids hence the BH + spotting. he wanted to give me hormone jab but I actually said no, unless bleeding came back (thankfully it stopped). he just put me on ventolin to relax the uterus and also progesterone pills.

baby was okay though. still feeling the movements on and off during the day. will be seeing Dr Yam again this evening just to make sure everything is okay! :)

Good.. why did u not take the jab? Was worried abt side effects too.. I can't really feel baby movement yet though. Only some slight fluttering but not sure if it's baby. My first pregnancy so I am waiting to feel the movement.
I am also seeing Dr yam later this evening at the jurong point clinic. U too ? Hahah such a coincidence .

sin nee, such a coincidence! what time is your appt?

I don't want the jab because I hate jabs. haha! and I didn't experience any cramping at all. all along I thought the bleeding was due to too much walking around as I had to show my maid where the wet market is, the route to take to my mum's place and back, my girls' school etc.. basically few days of intense orientation. I walked till my thighs also felt the strain. think I pushed myself a bit too much and body was sending a signal that I just have to stop and rest. thankfully the spotting stopped after like 3 days.

if the flutterings you feel are low at the pelvic region, then most likely it's your baby! below the navel then probably gas as the uterus is still several inches below the navel at this point. I always feel the movements right above the bikini area.

sin nee, such a coincidence! what time is your appt?

I don't want the jab because I hate jabs. haha! and I didn't experience any cramping at all. all along I thought the bleeding was due to too much walking around as I had to show my maid where the wet market is, the route to take to my mum's place and back, my girls' school etc.. basically few days of intense orientation. I walked till my thighs also felt the strain. think I pushed myself a bit too much and body was sending a signal that I just have to stop and rest. thankfully the spotting stopped after like 3 days.

My appt is at 530 but looks like it's raining and might reach only at 6. My case was too much walking too and I carried heavy stuffs. So probably exerted myself. Had to go down unscheduled to gleneagles to see Dr yam but glad that he sees me almost immediately after a call. I like the nurses there very friendly. :) that's why I decided on Dr yam over prof biswas from nuh.

I use the same name , if u hear the nurse calling out for me, come forward ok. Haha.

The fluttering is somewhere from my navel to pelvic. Feels like muscle twitching actually

Exactly loh....bb was jumping up and down during the scan so I nv noticed lol. Too excited to see bb jumping and bb very cooperative position so the scan so fast. Like 10mins.

Yes they took a lot of snaps of the ultrasounds and all will be sent to gynae. She did tell me gynae will return all to me in next appt.
icic.. hopefully i get to take all the ultrasound scan pics.. :)

ooh! mine is 6.30pm. so may not bump into you, unless we arrive early. I like Dr Yam for the same reason too. love it that most times don't need to wait for more than 5-10 mins. sometimes if I arrive early, he would even see me straight away. and he will say "baby", not "fetus", which I feel is more personal. he even remembers my girls' names after so many years. elephant memory...

Yup. Seen him and baby is in good :) can't see gender yet and Dr Yam said likely to be girl . Btw when is your EDD ? My EDD is 7 May.

If I heard correctly, anything below 2.5mm is fine. Mine was 1.3mm. It took me 2 rounds before my baby was in e better position to measure. Before that keep moving up and down but I think partially bcoz my bladder was quite full. After pee, then baby was more cooperative.

I just reached and am waiting for my turn. Mine is 5 May. Very close to yours! :) As long as baby is good, growth is normal, it's good news.

Back