(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Actually i didn't get a CL too, I am staying with my MIL. She borrowed some confinement cookbooks from the library and also download some recipes on the internet.
Then she will try to cook me different dishes everyday. But frankly speaking, the recipes will repeat after 1 week, haha.... cause confinement dishes not much variety la.
Mostly fish, veg, pig trotters, liver, kidney and sesame chicken with alot of ginger and DOM or rice wine.
Sometimes my mum will come over with the dishes she prepared at her place and tingkat over.
I'm lucky to have both moms so that I do not to fork out so much for a CL.

Actually i didn't get a CL too, I am staying with my MIL. She borrowed some confinement cookbooks from the library and also download some recipes on the internet.
Then she will try to cook me different dishes everyday. But frankly speaking, the recipes will repeat after 1 week, haha.... cause confinement dishes not much variety la.
Mostly fish, veg, pig trotters, liver, kidney and sesame chicken with alot of ginger and DOM or rice wine.
Sometimes my mum will come over with the dishes she prepared at her place and tingkat over.
I'm lucky to have both moms so that I do not to fork out so much for a CL.

@hippo78 - Wah.. my mil only knows the fish, sesame chicken and pig trotter... hahaha... think I should download some recipes for her so I can have more varieties! Do u know if breastfeeding, the food can add DOM inside??

Mei u r so hardworking to cook in advance! Actually another way is to engage online confinement food :) for me, i will engage CL cuz both mil n mum not free to do confinement for me...hee...

Haha. Say only. Maybe by that time too lazy to do it liao. But hopefully will do it la.

@hippo78 - Wah.. my mil only knows the fish, sesame chicken and pig trotter... hahaha... think I should download some recipes for her so I can have more varieties! Do u know if breastfeeding, the food can add DOM inside??

Most of the alcohol will evaporate after cooking ..
Just dont drink neat ..
Everything just take in moderation ..
Also cant eat too much ginger if bf coz it will cause jaundice to worsen espy when the baby has jaundice ..
During jaundice period, the pd will advise to drink fm ..

During the confinement for no 1, it was during cny ..
I just continued to eat the cny food ..
After 2 weeks of simple confinement food cooked by mum, I started to buy fast food occasionally ..
The only thing i stood by was not drinking cold drinks & drank lots of red dates tea ..

During the confinement for no 1, it was during cny ..
I just continued to eat the cny food ..
After 2 weeks of simple confinement food cooked by mum, I started to buy fast food occasionally ..
The only thing i stood by was not drinking cold drinks & drank lots of red dates tea ..
Cny 2015, we will all be in second trimster by then! Haha can drink n eat a lot ! Looking forward! Haa!

Can we eat abalone? My TCM said cannot eat shellfish but I will be super sad if cannot eat this during CNY...

Anyone experiencing lower back pain? Mine is quite bad. I think abit early to have backache. I'm only 9wks +. Googled and worried and paranoid might be sign of MC.

I have back pain too... going to 9wk this week. It is common as our body is expanding.. dont worry too much. Happy.mummy happy baby :)
I don't have cl for ds1 and ds2. My mom cooked for me, I still look after the baby myself as my mother find newborn too fragile to handle. Starting is tiring, especially when coming to breastfeeding. Waking every 2-3hr to latch and pump.. but once you can catch your bb timing, the rest is your free time.

Can we eat abalone? My TCM said cannot eat shellfish but I will be super sad if cannot eat this during CNY...

Should be ok ba.. we not always eat and not eat alot.. I tink in moderation should be fine!

So looking forward to CNY.. so many things I wanna eat.. bak gua.. hee...

thanks for all the replies on confinement! think i will have to handle baby on my own too. will try to convince my mum to learn to cook some confinement dishes and maybe take turns with my MIL to help settle the meals during the week...
i'm at 9w2d and my hips are starting to ache, where the upper thigh meets the body. haha.. it's quite a weird feeling..

R u feeling better today? Rest well and get well soon!!!

Thanks @icyjol , i went back to rest in the afternoon yesterday (given mc for 1.5days) but came back to work in the morning cos have things to rush for my boss. Today felt much better.... seen my gynae last nite and baby is growing well, twice the size from my last visit. Can see hands and feet...

My gynae said don't get fever when preggy, cos the rate of miscarriage for mummies is high. So take care Mummies, year end weather is bad.... drink more Warm water... =)

@icyjol thats fast! U are going second trimester already! :) congrats! I'm still long haha I'm around 8 weeks going 9. Ytd went back to my mum's place for dinner and she cooked my fav soup 猪肚汤 but I totally don't like it anymore! So my mum said ur bb don't like to drink it and I was so sad haha. But luckily I still can eat my fav egg! xD but still feeling nauseous everyday especially when wanna hv breakfast and dinner :(

Anyone experiencing lower back pain? Mine is quite bad. I think abit early to have backache. I'm only 9wks +. Googled and worried and paranoid might be sign of MC.

I'm having lower back pain too and it was quite bad especially when I sit for too long. I went to googled and it shows as a sign of m/c which makes me so worried too as I had a m/c during April this year :( so I'm quite worried abt this one! But everytime went for scanning I can see the hb I was so happy and relieved. But I'm going 9 weeks though.

I'm having lower back pain too and it was quite bad especially when I sit for too long. I went to googled and it shows as a sign of m/c which makes me so worried too as I had a m/c during April this year :( so I'm quite worried abt this one! But everytime went for scanning I can see the hb I was so happy and relieved. But I'm going 9 weeks though.

How often you go for check up? I also had MC last year den doc schedule next check up so long. Can't wait. Who's ur Gynae?

How often you go for check up? I also had MC last year den doc schedule next check up so long. Can't wait. Who's ur Gynae?

I went for checkup on 3, 14 and 19. Was quite often bcoz I had abit of bleeding and brown discharges so went for checkup when I find there is. Then 19 Nov was bcoz I had abdominal pain but luckily it was due to my gastric so my next appt will be next Friday bcoz the brown discharge has stopped. My previous pregnancy gynea is Dr Karolyn Goh from raffles but now I changed to Dr Vincent Lee from bishan 8 clinic :)

I went for checkup on 3, 14 and 19. Was quite often bcoz I had abit of bleeding and brown discharges so went for checkup when I find there is. Then 19 Nov was bcoz I had abdominal pain but luckily it was due to my gastric so my next appt will be next Friday bcoz the brown discharge has stopped. My previous pregnancy gynea is Dr Karolyn Goh from raffles but now I changed to Dr Vincent Lee from bishan 8 clinic :)
I heard Vincent Lee is a v gd gynae!

@icyjol thats fast! U are going second trimester already! :) congrats! I'm still long haha I'm around 8 weeks going 9. Ytd went back to my mum's place for dinner and she cooked my fav soup 猪肚汤 but I totally don't like it anymore! So my mum said ur bb don't like to drink it and I was so sad haha. But luckily I still can eat my fav egg! xD but still feeling nauseous everyday especially when wanna hv breakfast and dinner :(

OMG!! I like pig stomach soup!! everytime i see got the 'lao huo tang' i will buy the pig stomach soup haha..

U can try ginger tea and some of the mums said eating biscuits in the morning helps too.. u can try? Ya.. everyday i am counting down to the 2nd trimester.. coz u know i dont have any symptoms and morning sickness nausea all those.. so i dont even know if baby is growing well inside or stop growing.. so scary.. but at times I do go for checks more frequent.. call the clinic and book appt haha.. like twice a mth..

OMG!! I like pig stomach soup!! everytime i see got the 'lao huo tang' i will buy the pig stomach soup haha..

U can try ginger tea and some of the mums said eating biscuits in the morning helps too.. u can try? Ya.. everyday i am counting down to the 2nd trimester.. coz u know i dont have any symptoms and morning sickness nausea all those.. so i dont even know if baby is growing well inside or stop growing.. so scary.. but at times I do go for checks more frequent.. call the clinic and book appt haha.. like twice a mth..
Same! But ytd I tasted it as sweet instead of spicy >.< yup I took a packet of instant ginger tea from my mum but she said maybe don't drink too much coz scare too heaty for me. Hehe yup I was quite paranoid and nervous too but it's not good for us though xD

@Ice_Tea n icyjol i love 猪肚汤 too!! Haa...! Actually by 9 weeks bb more or less stable le...dun worry so much! Though i know is easy to say! U can try to squeeze a few drops of lemon into ur water to reduce nausea...I've asked my gynae she said ok to do that @icyjol lucky u! I still feel nausea on n off esp at night :( but yes i still worry abt bb...if bb growing well a not ...but the schedule will b once a month now...used to visit gynae every two weeks cuz had mc in April.... @hi_mei haha maybe hor! I think ok to take a few cooked slices! Moderation is the key ! Haa! If not u can always ask ur tcm :) i didnt go tcm after i know i m preggy...really dislike the acupuncture etc :x i wonder if we can eat pineapple tarts...cuz by right pineapples a no no for us right..

@bliswifu yeah but now I can't have it :( yeah I hope so but it was quite different for this pregnancy and the previous one. The previous one I doesn't have any symptoms at all other than period not coming and sore breast but this time round I can feel that I'm really tired the whole day and feeling nausea. Ok I will try putting lemon I guess it will be refreshing too :)

Just went for 2nd gynae visit .,
Baby is doing okay ..
Heartbeat is strong at 166 ..
Now is around 3cm long ..
My gynae booked the oscar for me though I told her that I may want to do Harmony due to age ..
She told me to think about it and let her know by first week of Dec ..
I asked her about my fever & she told me that fever will only cause mc in first tri & told me not to worry since baby is doing well now ..
My weight also dropped since first visit which is probably I lost my appetite when I was sick ..

Not sure leh ..
Coz I know I will choose to deliver at tmc ..
So I din enquire much ..

Love their papaya fish soup during the delivery stay of no 1 ..

TMC seems like quite good yah. And their rooms like also quite big too and comfortable :) I see like many pple are delivering there nowadays

Just had 2nd gynae check up today! 11 weeks now! Booked for oscar test too!
Told gynae abt my bloating/ gassy prob & I'm to stay away from milo/ Horlick/ milk stuff!! So sad!!
Cannot drink milo/ kopi & tea. Nothing else to drink!!!
Then cannot drink soya milk too (realised I drank few days back & I had bloating whole day!)
Save money no need to buy mother's milk at least...

There will be $100 off in tmc bill for sg50 babies? Yeay!

I love tmc confinement food during my #1! Finished every drop of the food!

Not planning to buy the mother's milk this round since it is easy to put on weight by drinking that ..
Will keep to my daily intake of 2 glasses of low-fat milk ..
I actually lost 1.5kg after I got sick 2 weeks ago ..

Hi i went for gynae visit tdy .. bb is at wk11. .All is good .. heartbeat normal ....doc say bb is big ..
happy to see the lil one moving. Will be scheduled for Oscar on 5 dec 2014 morning.
still hv ms, bloatedness and fatigue. But is ok at least ms is gd sign to me.

@Ice_Tea n icyjol i love 猪肚汤 too!! Haa...! Actually by 9 weeks bb more or less stable le...dun worry so much! Though i know is easy to say! U can try to squeeze a few drops of lemon into ur water to reduce nausea...I've asked my gynae she said ok to do that @icyjol lucky u! I still feel nausea on n off esp at night :( but yes i still worry abt bb...if bb growing well a not ...but the schedule will b once a month now...used to visit gynae every two weeks cuz had mc in April.... @hi_mei haha maybe hor! I think ok to take a few cooked slices! Moderation is the key ! Haa! If not u can always ask ur tcm :) i didnt go tcm after i know i m preggy...really dislike the acupuncture etc :x i wonder if we can eat pineapple tarts...cuz by right pineapples a no no for us right..
Hihi I did eat pineapple tart just one though. ☺

Just had 2nd gynae check up today! 11 weeks now! Booked for oscar test too!
Told gynae abt my bloating/ gassy prob & I'm to stay away from milo/ Horlick/ milk stuff!! So sad!!
Cannot drink milo/ kopi & tea. Nothing else to drink!!!
Then cannot drink soya milk too (realised I drank few days back & I had bloating whole day!)
Save money no need to buy mother's milk at least...
I din know all these cause bloatness sia. Sian den Wat else to drink.

Back